New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Abomination in the Slums IC

The massive, polished marble pillars that hold up the ceiling of House Mungo's temple dwarf you all as you assemble around a dark and polished table. At the head of the table is Severin DeAviney, the leader of House Cannis, clad in his typical ostentatious green and black velvets draped with a dragonskin cloak. As you assemble around the table, his mouth smiles at you, but his eyes remain ever calculating.

"Welcome, friends." He spits the second word almost like a curse. "You all know me, I presume, so let's get right to business." He shuffles the papers in front of him. "I suppose some of you are wondering why we're meeting here. I thought that the... level of security and pomp that this locale provides is quite fitting for this mission. You see, if something's dangerous enough to bring together the Houses of Whitecliff, well, you know it must be bad." He lets out a dry chuckle.

"Before I get into the thick of things, I don't think I've been introduced to all of you, nor you each other. So let's get this over with now," he sneers, grey eyes sweeping across the faces assembled before him.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: The Abomination in the Slums IC

Minerva Alders is carefully clad in a thick, deep scarlet cloak over a well tailored russet shirt and practical divided riding skirt. An expensive though used leather satchel can be glimpsed beneath the cloak and a simple silver chain holds a polished and precisely shaped crystal around her neck. A modest crossbow is slung across her back.

Eyes initially fixed on Severin DeAviney, they dart over the faces of the others present at his suggestion. Inclining her head a fraction, she turns slightly to address the others. ”Minerva,” she says, tone cool. “I believe I recognize some faces here.” She looks back at Severin, matching his smile. ”And delighted to see how I can serve.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Silk is dressed in some moderate armor, with her arms and lower legs left bare. Her fur is short and golden, and she's scowling at Severin. You could at least make an attempt to be nice, you know, she says. Little Silk, by the way. I'd have a tribal name, but... Events happen.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

"Michel," the wizard in the dark blue robes contributes, trying and failing to make his smile seem more genuine than his master's. "A pleasure to meet you all."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

A slight smile marring his otherwise expressionless face, Gregor tilts his head and body forward only just enough to qualify as a bow. Recovering from the slight movement, he speaks, his voice quiet and mellifluous. "And you may call me Mr. Petryavik. May our association be respectful, and successful."

He pauses, casting a long look at Severin before continuing. "And, as I intend that we be successful, you should know that I have scant tolerance for disrespect, be it in deed, or in tone."
    Last edited by Joeluma; 2019-11-09 at 12:20 PM.
    "A troubled mind is the first sign of intelligence."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I am Zed, the Ruiner of the Night. The 8'2" goliath clad in black chainmail and holding a well used longsword in his right hand and a blackened shield in his left. His face is battle hardened and his cloak well worn. I will serve.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2019-11-10 at 12:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Severin scowls at Mr. Petryavik. "You may have an ego, and you may have some might backing it up, but in this room, I hold the power, so you should hold your tongue or consider losing it." He turns his focus back to the group. "Now, we've been hearing of some reports of infection in and around the city of Urratik. In addition, we're hearing some rather strange reports from the area of arcane constructs causing problems. Sources claim they seem to be plant-like in composition, so we put two and two together to make Xelios Fendrigar. Long dead, he's still menacing us," Severin grimaces. "The houses have summoned you to investigate these constructs and their connection to the plague. Any questions for me before we send you off?"
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Zed the Ruiner of the Night
    Only one, any equipment available from the houses or are we on our own? the goliath said clearly anxious to get started as he stood up from the table.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2019-11-10 at 05:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Sevrin holds up a finger, appearing to listen to something. He mutters something at a whisper before turning back to you. "Sorry, just taking care of some business. What exactly might you all want?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Gregor's face steels slightly, his green eyes glinting like cold chunks of jade. His head tilts to the side, birdlike, as he contemplates Sevrin. "... Curious. No, no slight intended. I was simply giving my peers useful information. As to supplies... I've a minor list as well. In my rush to arrive, I'm significantly under-equipped. I feel certain I can remedy this given time, but given the rush... perhaps we could speak to your factor? If agreeable, my own needs shouldn't account for more than 200 platinum or so."

He pauses. "Or, if that seems unreasonable, perhaps you could furnish me with a list of businesses not to take advantage of? It should take mere moments to see to my own supply... but I would hate to impact the... interests... of any current ally."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Michel gives Gregor an aside glance at the word "current," but turns back to his master rather than make an issue of it. "That list will probably do it for me, too. It always helps to know who your friends are in any given city, right?"

12. - Top - End - #12

Minerva wrinkles her nose at the mention of disease, making a small sound of irritation. As the others speak, she seems to consider her own supplies. At an opportune moment, she chimes in. ”While my current needs are met, venturing into plague territory, perhaps there are some magical trinkets you could part with...?” She asks with a sweet smile and hopeful tone. “If not, I am sated.”

“As to our task, I imagine we are to handle these constructs permanently, yes?”

13. - Top - End - #13

Severin nods to Michel and Gregor, before gesturing slightly to a Cannis operative standing against the walls of the cathedral. "We can secure you such a list." He turns to Minerva. "Give us a moment and we can secure some charms that can be of assistance to you, though they won't completely eliminate the... risks of contamination." The Cannis agent gives a nod before shuffling off. "And yes, licence to kill," Severin hisses.

Spoiler: The list and the charms
    Show
    I won't write it all out beforehand, but any time you'll use it, just say something like "Michel reads the list to check if Bob's Discount Magic Item Emporium is okay to pillage" and I can tell you.

The Cannis agent returns with a number of small pendants, each hung with a silver lotus flower with a small ruby in the center. These are Talismans of Purity, common magical items. While wearing the pendant, no attunement required, you have advantage on all saves against poison and disease.
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-11-11 at 09:31 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

RangerGuy

Another voice pops up to introduce themselves as well.

"Lethuil."

[[Sorry, was a busy weekend.]]

15. - Top - End - #15

I too could use a little extra gear, Silk says.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Breastplate for armor.

And... Um... Nope, pretty much it. :P

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Two potions of healing and plate armor. The goliath says with a big grin. I thank you for the pendant.

17. - Top - End - #17

"And it shall be done." Severin claps his hands, and Mungo attendants come forth bearing appropriate armors and two small vials of pinkish fluid.

Spoiler: Potions
    Show
    Heals 2d4+4 each.

18. - Top - End - #18

Minerva takes the proffered lotus flower pendant and, after hefting it in her hand for a moment, places it in her satchel.

That done, she takes some time to study her new colleagues as she waits.

19. - Top - End - #19

Silk strips her old armor off, and quickly dons the new. She asks Can you have someone take care of my old armor? It's not needed anymore, obviously.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, Master." Michel takes the list with his right hand and gives it a quick once-over while he dons the Talisman with his left.

21. - Top - End - #21

RangerGuy

"If better armor is being offered, I would not turn down a set of studded leather." The elf steps forward from the back of the room where he was previously observing from.

22. - Top - End - #22

Severin grumbles to himself. "Alright, alright." He gestures for attendants to remove Silk's armor and provide Lethuil with the studded armor.

23. - Top - End - #23

Silk grins, just a little. She's already taken a dislike to this man, so seeing him disgruntled appeases her sense of schadenfreude.

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Mr. Petryavik nods. "A set of Studded leather would save me a step of my own. Apart from that, I think the only other thing... would be any leads or other vital intelligence, if there is any that you've neglected to share. Again, simply to cut down on our necessary steps." His smile is thin and steely and then gone, a flicker of humor on an otherwise expressionless face. "If there is no such information, then I think we've wrung all the value from this meeting."
    Last edited by Joeluma; 2019-11-12 at 10:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Minerva nods as Mr Petryavik speaks. ”I agree,” she adds when he finishes. “If there is more information to be had, I’m sure we would all be grateful, my lord,” she says, looking at Severin.

“Fore warned is fore armed... and other such banalities,” she concludes with a small smile.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Michel looks askance at Gregor again at the phrase "wrung all the value out of this meeting," but turns back to look at his master again. "Is there anything else you need to tell us, Master?"

27. - Top - End - #27

Severin gestures for the Mungo attendants to bring forth a set of studded leather. He ponders the inquiries for a moment. "I think I've heard some reports from rather unreputable sources of a singular construct having infested a certain chunk of the city's infrastructure. Something about pink fire as well? I'm unsure, my source is literately and utterly insane." He clears his throat. "I really don't know very much, hence me sending you all out."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The goliath stands up and moves towards the door. I hear and serve, lead the way, battle will soon follow and I am thirsty.

29. - Top - End - #29

RangerGuy

The elf also walks toward the door. "Then I suppose we should get moving and look into it."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"We should, yes. One last question, Master: will you want reports via Sending, if I can spare the spells?"