Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default OOC: Shakedown in the New Frontier

Heya folks, welcome to the OOC Saloon. pull up a chair and get a drink from the bar while we get things set up

just need your character sheets and your text colour, please
    "This aint no game, Time to make history, yeah"

got a second to spare? maybe check out a few sketches

2. - Top - End - #2

AssassinGuy

Default Re: OOC: Shakedown in the New Frontier

Jules Ryszard Kass! Got black and blue abrasions? I got a pill for all occasions!

And I promise not to rile up my surrounding audience into a spontaneously choreographed musical number unless I take a musican class.

(And since I used up all 4 of my classes, that means I won't ever be permitted to take Musician. You may now thank Arceus for your exquisite good fortune.)

Rainbow Text Subtitles generously provided by this website: https://www.glitter-graphics.com/generators/rainbow.php
    Profile is in my signature, so it is easy to cross-reference my stuff whenever you read my post!

Many thanks again for accepting me. ^_^
    Last edited by Menarker; 2019-07-09 at 06:42 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Adalene Grayson - "Speaking in this"

4. - Top - End - #4

AssassinGuy

By the way, would it be alright or even convenient if we have a chat pad so we can discuss things (like plan out IC dialogues) in real time?

Discord would probably work if you know how to create a discord page for this. But if not, I can provide a link to a site that can do similarly but requires no registration or log-in. (I'd provide the link through PM so that we don't have outsiders popping in and potentially vandalizing our content.)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Laura Himura will use good old Fire Brick.

And Discord is great.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-07-09 at 06:17 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #6

Reyes is here. As for colour.... Leaning Dark Grey

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Garrick Winfield is here. As for color this green seems good.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Oh hey, nice to see ya'll. Here is Derek's Sheet. Thinking about blue I suppose! For contrast.

EDIT: Quick thought. I'd been meaning to go over this again, but I bought a Quick Claw with my starting cash early on. i think it might be over kill and I was thinking of redistributing the money, maybe. I have time I may do that, otherwise I'll just leave it. and your permission of course.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2019-07-09 at 08:36 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

AssassinGuy

So I'm noticing that my fellow players have a tentative list of pokemon they'd like to catch within their profiles. I haven't considered too much of that myself since I wasn't sure if I was going to be accepted, and my build doesn't include a lot of features that influence how my pokemon fight. But now that I'm certainly accepted, I'll research up a list of pokemon (or at least traits that'll make them desirable) and compile them here when I'm ready.
    Last edited by Menarker; 2019-07-09 at 08:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Hmm, I don't have one, but then I don't really have one OOC either. I could maybe do with a flying type to cover my ground weakness, but other than that, I... don't really care all that much? Honestly if he never caught another pokemon I wouldn't be bothered.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair, I don't either, but I also know as someone that has DMed that picking mons for wild battles that are not all Weedle and Patrat can be a question of "Where do I even start," so it sometimes helps to at least have a short list of "Well is there anything that they would want to catch?" Or if a Pokémon might be a prize for some competition, it makes a nice short list to draw a player in.

Show

12. - Top - End - #12

RedKnightGirl

Yeah, I'm not terribly picky either for my character other than I'd be looking for 1 or 2 Status moves to use with Trickster on pokemon I'd catch. That's why my list is set up the way it is.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be breeding my eevee army, so no catching here.

14. - Top - End - #14

RedKnightGirl

Oh I just noticed that there is another Joltik in the party. For clarity, are we using new or old Leech Life?

15. - Top - End - #15

NecromancerGirl

and letsa go, have an IC

and while we're at it, a discord link

@Menarker: Sorry to be a pain, but could you choose a single colour rather than ever colour? reading that one line in rainbow made me go crosseyed, I fear for my brain if Jules goes into a long speech XD

@CerteranEnforcer: use the new version of leech life :) and sure, feel free too tweak and edit your starting sheets if there's something you want redistributing or changing. deadline for that would be dawn of the first battle

as for pokemon wishlists, they can be helpful for me too know what sorta thing too draw from for big rewards or major battles, but they're hardly essential

16. - Top - End - #16

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    and letsa go, have an IC

and while we're at it, a discord link

@Menarker: Sorry to be a pain, but could you choose a single colour rather than ever colour? reading that one line in rainbow made me go crosseyed, I fear for my brain if Jules goes into a long speech XD
    Awww, ok. But only cause I like you!

Jules: Orange! For someone bold and fashionable!

Heckler: "Like a prison convict! Or a Naruto Cosplayer!"
    Last edited by Menarker; 2019-07-11 at 01:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

AssassinGuy

Sorry to double-post, but I got a question to ask. How do you want to manage dice-rolls in this game? Do you want to do the rolling for us (we list the appropriate modifiers beforehand if anything is pertinent.), or will you create a thread in the dice-roller forum where we can do the rolling ourselves (which will be faster since we can figure out our rolls and then make our response without having to wait on you). I recall reading that posts in that particular sub-forum are uneditable and undeletable, making it also fairly secure as well.

Its my weekend now, so unless something comes up, I'll be more active/available over the next two days in case anyone wanna chat or discuss plans/builds with me.
    Last edited by Menarker; 2019-07-14 at 01:50 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Groups I’ve been in have always just used the IV for most rolls that are part of their post, and the OOC for those that are requested after making a post, or that would not be narrated.

Show

19. - Top - End - #19

RedKnightGirl

Like so?

Perception
    (4d6+2)[16]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Exactly.

Perception. (2d6)[4]

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

NecromancerGirl

roll in here or in a spoiler tag in your reply keeps things together nicely

if it's something I don't wanna let you know about if you don't pass(eg: perception check too know someones stalking ya), I'll roll in secret and, well, let ya know if ya pass

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Perception (3d6)[13]

23. - Top - End - #23

AssassinGuy

Roll for Perception! Novice Rank plus my Mind-Categoric Inclination
    (3d6+1)[11]

24. - Top - End - #24

perception - (2d6)[8]

(Sorry about the delay, I'm a bit spotty on weekends)

25. - Top - End - #25

AssassinGuy

Ok, I got some rolls to make.

Roll for Intuition at Novice Rank to discern if Wes is on the 'up and up' or if he's holding back and/or lying in some way.
    (3d6)[11]

Roll for General Education at Adept Rank plus Categoric Inclination (Mind) Modifier to 'recall' any useful information regarding the mission's details, like Amasvile or the Shadowhand.
    (4d6+1)[16]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Will write up a post presumably after Beige informs me of the results of my dice rolls. But I do have some thoughts to brainstorm here as a reminder. Although I/Jules don't have to be the one to ask all of them IC.
    - What does the crown "personal keep-sake" look like? Is it particularly well-known/recognizable or can it be smuggled fairly easily? (Might matter if security happens to be looking for a stolen noble artifact or something of that nature.)
    - Where exactly do we deliver the cargo after we retrieve it? If the cargo exceeds a certain size/amount, or if the drop-off destination is far off, how will we be transporting it after we secure it? (Wes said to bring the cargo back 'here' in Diancell, while Amasvile is mentioned to near the south border of the Roughs, having to traverse a big stretch of the Basin in the process.) Transports like trains might be prone to security searches.
    - Any ideas why the Girantina cult attacked the train in the first place? Were they aware of the cargo on the train in the first place?
    - How much will the reward money come to? (I might ask this later after all the other questions have been asked. Perhaps try to sweeten it with a Charm roll for negotiation. Either extra rewards, or possibly some reinforcement/resources to make the mission more likely to succeed).

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

Post Up. (Rolled for Charm in it!)

But I re-checked the pokedex, and yikes Gligar is HUGE. I had the mental impression of Gligar being a smaller pokemon that could possibly perch on one's shoulder or head. Or in the context of this scene, only take up a tiny bit of space on the table, like a plate. Turns out that Gligar is practically the height/weight of a 9th grade high school girl (and probably got a personality of a lively one to boot)! So now it occurs to me that the context of my previous post is that Jules has a pokemon the size of a large hockey bag on top of the table lapping up booze from a wet spoon. (Not that I ever said that Jules was an particularly excellent role model).
    >_>
    Here's hoping Wes can 'continue' ignoring it like a champ.
    "I've seen lots of weird stuff over my career. This doesn't even scratch the surface."

EDIT: Oh, yes. Dice is hot this time. ^,^
    Last edited by Menarker; 2019-07-19 at 06:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

RedKnightGirl

Safe to say we are more or less ready to disembark for the train? Any more info we need?

28. - Top - End - #28

I doubt we'll learn more without seeing things for ourselves. At this point we're just waiting for a continuation.

29. - Top - End - #29

AssassinGuy

Oh neat. I was expecting actual medical scraps (which gives more flexibility), but 6 potions and 2 antidotes is a pretty good haul. =3

So how does everyone want to divide it up?
    Jules can take any potion and antidote item and make 3 patches out of them, which has the exact same effect but only usable as an extended action. (Poison only triggers the poison Damage-over-Time when the poisoned subject uses a standard action, so having an antidote as an extended action works out enough if the subject doesn't do anything more taxing than performing free, shift or swift action.)

If we want a perfect even split, we'd turn both antidotes into 6 antidote patches, which is enough to give everyone one. Then we can give everyone a single potion, with the option that I can convert that potion (or any already in your inventory) into 3 patches each. Basically trade away a single instant-use 20hitpoint heal for 3 separate delayed 20-hitpoint heals.

Do note, that I have First Aid Expertise as well, which can remove one Injury, restore all Hit Points, cure of all Status Afflictions. Once per target per day, maximum 3 uses of this feature per day. But at least that'll save up on potions, bandages and other consumables.

30. - Top - End - #30

AssassinGuy

Post is up. But I need to make a roll. Do I roll for Charm (since I'm basically trying to get them to accept a proposed deal and have them behave in a friendly manner), or do I roll Guile (for street-smartness)?

Also, all players got 1 potion and 1 antidote patch. You're welcome. =3