New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: SZbNAhL's Similarly Sibilant (if unpronouncable) Random Banter #223

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Good luck Rebecca, mowing the lawn sucks v_v *sends hugs*

In related news: the navy confirmed that the UFO videos that guy from Blink 182 posted on his alien hunting website/documentary are 100% legit. I watched them and.

well

I guess aliens exist now.

edit: why did I say this was related news?
    UFO does not equal aliens.

It could also be a new kind of fighter craft developed in secret that we don't know about yet. Or something.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Thumbs down Re: SZbNAhL's Similarly Sibilant (if unpronouncable) Random Banter #223

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

It could also be a new kind of fighter craft developed in secret that we don't know about yet. Or something.
    Or a normal craft that's been out for a long time. Unknown flying object just needs to be unknown to whoever is trying to identify it; whoever controls it certainly knows what it is.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I disagree on that note. Usually UFO involves aliens.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Or a normal craft that's been out for a long time. Unknown flying object just needs to be unknown to whoever is trying to identify it; whoever controls it certainly knows what it is.
    Semantically, isn't it usually "Unidentified"? Might be different in different parts of the world, admittedly. But, the point still stands. One just needs to not know exactly what one's looking at for it to be a UFO. Heck, superman's a UFO for the "Is it a bird, is it a plane?" lines.

5. - Top - End - #1115

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    In movies, maybe. In real life? Never.
    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Semantically, isn't it usually "Unidentified"? Might be different in different parts of the world, admittedly. But, the point still stands. One just needs to not know exactly what one's looking at for it to be a UFO. Heck, superman's a UFO for the "Is it a bird, is it a plane?" lines.
    Yes. Also, those people were terrible at identifying a human.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-09-18 at 08:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, you're making me blush.
    (And don't worry. I wouldn't notice any flirting if it hit me in the face with a neon sign. No worry to specify you're not. Appreciate any support offers, though. )
    Still got it

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    i am 117 years old. Are you older?
    It is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I don't like kayfabe. It's annoying.
    It is important to my very existence that everyone believes implicitly that The Undertaker really is the grim reaper personified in the body of an ancient, decrepit wrestler.

Looking at the videos in question, if it is that then it's something so beyond our current day science than I'm genuinely concerned what they're hiding.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Probably because he isn't a human.

Still got it
    Another notch on your blushing scoreboard there?

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

I've always assumed that when wet know it's an alien spaceship it becomes an IFO*.

As has been said, all UFO means is that there was a flying object and we don't know what it is. Could it be aliens? Yes but with the laws of physics as we understand them it's unlikely due to the ~0.1c limit to ramscooping and no real feasible alternative for 'fast' interstellar travel (plus IIRC we're located in a pretty bad location for ramscooping) it's unlikely. And there's no real candidate for alien** origins within the solar system, Venus is the best bet and the chances of there being anything living there are about as low as there being a successful colonisation of my oven when I'm cooking the Sunday Roast. Much more likely is some new or unlikely aircraft (such as a toaster equipped with an externally pulsed nuclear fission drive), some weird atmospheric event that interacted with the sensors in an unexpected way, or a portal to Narnia.

*Joke originally from the first story I ever wrote bank in Year 7, now lost due to my throwing the exercise book away.
    **Macroscopic at least, I believe there's decent evidence for microscopic extraterrestrial life.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

9. - Top - End - #1119

Another notch on your blushing scoreboard there?
    If I was capable of driving and had a little less respect for my safety, I'd be a motorcycle lesbian that drives around the country bringing smiles and blushes to girl's hearts.

I'll settle for making my friends feel good though.

10. - Top - End - #1120

Probably because he isn't a human.
    I see you've bought into the "we never traveled the stars 50,000 years ago and then forgot everything and lost or destroyed all remnants of the technology and the people who settled Krypton were changed by the red sun such that when they returned they were super-powered by the yellow sun" conspiracy theory.

Because cmon, just look at the dude. Doesn't even have pointy ears or anything.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

It is important to my very existence that everyone believes implicitly that The Undertaker really is the grim reaper personified in the body of an ancient, decrepit wrestler.
    He's basically Ghost Rider.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

If I was capable of driving and had a little less respect for my safety, I'd be a motorcycle lesbian that drives around the country bringing smiles and blushes to girl's hearts.

I'll settle for making my friends feel good though.
    Yeah, I feel like that might be very dangerous in the snowy wastelands of Canada. ...and also heavy on the wallet. 'S a good mental image, though.
    (Though you'd probably bring frowns after leaving onto the next place. )

I see you've bought into the "we never traveled the stars 50,000 years ago and then forgot everything and lost or destroyed all remnants of the technology and the people who settled Krypton were changed by the red sun such that when they returned they were super-powered by the yellow sun" conspiracy theory.

Eh, I've never been a comic book reader, really. I don't have a horse in the race.

13. - Top - End - #1123

Eh, I've never been a comic book reader, really. I don't have a horse in the race.
    Same, but I still come up with overly-complex ridiculous conspiracy theories on the spot, thankyouverymuch.

14. - Top - End - #1124

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    He's basically Ghost Rider.
    And is that not the coolest thing ever? Kane was War to his Death and they definitely could have done a Famine and Pestilence if they wanted as well and it would rule.

Yeah, I feel like that might be very dangerous in the snowy wastelands of Canada. ...and also heavy on the wallet. 'S a good mental image, though.
    (Though you'd probably bring frowns after leaving onto the next place. )
    Yeah I wouldn't actually ever do it, but it'd be a cool idea. Maybe I could get a scooter and be a badass who drives safely instead...

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

I think the idea is that he is sufficiently up in the sky (and moving fast enough) that it’s hard to make out his shape.

Of course not. He’s a Time Lord, duh.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah I wouldn't actually ever do it, but it'd be a cool idea. Maybe I could get a scooter and be a badass who drives safely instead...
    When I was younger and less thoroughly employed, I used to dream of somehow buying a few 6-8 seat surreys, modifying them to have storage space for luggage, and convincing a bunch of people to join me on a big surrey-ride across the country where we'd stop and do improv comedy at various sites along the way as a big adventure. I'm pretty sure that dream is fundamentally incompatible with my current mortgage-and-career-trajectory-based lifestyle, though.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am in the greater Nashville area, as opposed to Nashville proper. Also, I am not registered anywhere in Tennessee. My former state of being is putting a hold on getting a state ID not to mention a driver's license.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

18. - Top - End - #1128

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    When I was younger and less thoroughly employed, I used to dream of somehow buying a few 6-8 seat surreys, modifying them to have storage space for luggage, and convincing a bunch of people to join me on a big surrey-ride across the country where we'd stop and do improv comedy at various sites along the way as a big adventure. I'm pretty sure that dream is fundamentally incompatible with my current mortgage-and-career-trajectory-based lifestyle, though.
    It is a failure of society that we cannot become traveling bards.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm the best chess player in history. No one can beat me. LOL!

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

... but you can

You don't get cool magical powers but there's nothing preventing you from picking up an instrument and travelling the world. Certainly nothing in society.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

True, we need more wandering minstrels singing songs at pubs and/or charming the local maidens.

EDIT: sadly, I've yet to have a GM who'll allow my Noble Bards to cart a grand piano around dungeon. What do they think those servants from the background feature are for? It's clearly moving large items of furniture and bathing me during Long Rests.

I'm the best chess player in history. No one can beat me. LOL!
    I mean, apart from Invisible Ian. Nobody can defeat him.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2019-09-19 at 12:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1132

... but you can

You don't get cool magical powers but there's nothing preventing you from picking up an instrument and travelling the world. Certainly nothing in society.
    I'm not so sure that Steve Harris doesn't have cool magical powers, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    EDIT: sadly, I've yet to have a GM who'll allow my Noble Bards to cart a grand piano around dungeon. What do they think those servants from the background feature are for? It's clearly moving large items of furniture and bathing me during Long Rests.
    What are their strength scores? And, possibly more important when carting a grand piano in a dungeon, their AC and HP? At my table you could absolutely do that, but it probably would work out quite poorly for all involved.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-09-19 at 12:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

True, we need more wandering minstrels singing songs at pubs and/or charming the local maidens.

I mean, apart from Invisible Ian. Nobody can defeat him.
    Who's Invisible Ian?

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

Who's Invisible Ian?
    Are you telling me you've never seen him?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Are you telling me you've never seen him?
    How can I possibly see him if he's invisible? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

26. - Top - End - #1136

How can I possibly see him if he's invisible? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1137

... but you can

I mean...

Money. Border and property law. The census. Threat of violence due to people deciding they don't like you for no reason.

That all seems pretty 'society' to me.

Regardless, it was a joke.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not so sure that Steve Harris doesn't have cool magical powers, though.

What are their strength scores? And, possibly more important when carting a grand piano in a dungeon, their AC and HP? At my table you could absolutely do that, but it probably would work out quite poorly for all involved.
    Great, now I’m tempted to play a Bard.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

29. - Top - End - #1139

I mean...

Money. Border and property law. The census. Threat of violence due to people deciding they don't like you for no reason.

That all seems pretty 'society' to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The first leg of Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back in Time World Tour opened in Mumbai, India on 1 February, and continued through Australia, Japan, Los Angeles and Mexico, followed by concerts in Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Puerto Rico and New Jersey, before finishing in Toronto, on 16 March. Over the 45-day period the band played 23 concerts to over 500,000 fans in 11 countries, flying close to 50,000 miles in the specially refitted plane: Boeing 757, dubbed "Ed Force One" after a competition to name the plane. On this leg of the tour, the Iron Maiden: Flight 666 film was shot.
    Fun fact, that tour lasted two years, during which they circled the globe twice.

If you want to be a wandering minstrel, you absolutely can.

Also I was totally at the July show in NYC at Madison Square Garden, at the fence separating the stage, directly in front of the bassist, mere feet away from him. Actually touched the headstock when he was "gunning down" the audience. Sold out show, 20,000 screaming fans, and every single one of them behind me. One of the greatest nights of my life. Caught one of the wristbands Nicko McBrain was tossing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Great, now I’m tempted to play a Bard.
    To be fair, he's epic level. Of COURSE I'm going to assume you're referring to Iron Maiden and not a 5e bard who somehow has helpers that are just totally going to die in that dungeon.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-09-19 at 01:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Fun fact, that tour lasted two years, during which they circled the globe twice.

If you want to be a wandering minstrel, you absolutely can.

Also I was totally at the July show in NYC at Madison Square Garden, at the fence separating the stage, directly in front of the bassist, mere feet away from him. Actually touched the headstock when he was "gunning down" the audience. Sold out show, 20,000 screaming fans, and every single one of them behind me. One of the greatest nights of my life. Caught one of the wristbands Nicko McBrain was tossing out.

To be fair, he's epic level. Of COURSE I'm going to assume you're referring to Iron Maiden and not a 5e bard who somehow has helpers that are just totally going to die in that dungeon.
    I don't know how to explain that one of the most popular rock bands of all time touring the world is not comparable to me just packing some **** on my back and walking across the continent.