New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: SZbNAhL's Similarly Sibilant (if unpronouncable) Random Banter #223

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Indeed it is, my apologies, I blame the curse and my demonic enemy: Auto-correct!

From Hell's heart I stab at thee you foul cybernetic pestilence!!
    I actually inserted a joke about how easy it is to miss a letter in my post (saying Harford instead of Hartford.) Auto-correct is truly the bane of the modern world.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Indeed it is, my apologies, I blame the curse and my demonic enemy: Auto-correct!

From Hell's heartford I stab at thee you foul cybernetic pestilence!!
    Fixed that for you{.}
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-09-23 at 07:43 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Fixed that for you{.}
    I'm pretty sure hell drives a Chevy.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm pretty sure hell drives a Chevy.
    There is a pun about Chevylry not being dead in there somewhere, but it is more of a Loki joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

I followed a fanfic back in mid-2018. Fairly normal Worm alt-power, but not terrible, and not as generic as it might have been. It stopped getting updates after about a month. Today it updated with what started as a normal-looking if unexpected chapter, and ended with a spontaneous ARG and crossover with Undertale. I am mildly stunned.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Patience is definitely not my strongest suit. Today I went to the Duane Reade to pick up my second medication. In my mind I was yelling for rage saying come on you incompetent dolt, it's doesn't take a whole day to get my medication. 10 minutes later they got my medication and I was so happy.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Well I'm glad that was the decision.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

8. - Top - End - #1208

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to get your medication?

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to get your medication?
    Ten minutes. But this is new for me because they transfer my medication from my old pharmacy to Duane Reade but this is a whole new area for me.

10. - Top - End - #1210

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Ten minutes. But this is new for me because they transfer my medication from my old pharmacy to Duane Reade but this is a whole new area for me.
    Let me rephrase. What does the pharmacist need to do to get your medicine? Like, can you detail every step? Do you know what can cause holdups or delays? Do you know that none of those things happened that day?

I'm not asking how long it usually takes. I'm asking how long the process itself takes. Do you know the process?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-09-24 at 09:29 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Let me rephrase. What does the pharmacist need to do to get your medicine? Like, can you detail every step? Do you know what can cause holdups or delays? Do you know that none of those things happened that day?

I'm not asking how long it usually takes. I'm asking how long the process itself takes. Do you know the process?
    It's depends. Sometimes it takes a short time. Others takes longer. Like I said before I'm new for my medication pick up at Duane Reade.

12. - Top - End - #1212

It's depends. Sometimes it takes a short time. Others takes longer. Like I said before I'm new for my medication pick up at Duane Reade.
    That's my point; you don't know what goes into getting it ready. You can't think "it only takes ten minutes" when you don't know what it actually involves. Just because it takes ten minutes sometimes does not mean it will take ten minutes all the time.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

That's my point; you don't know what goes into getting it ready. You can't think "it only takes ten minutes" when you don't know what it actually involves. Just because it takes ten minutes sometimes does not mean it will take ten minutes all the time.
    Like I said before. Patience is not my strong suit. I'm a very impatient person.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think this is just a change to routine and thus not knowing things we used to know thing. Changes to routine can affect those of us on the spectrum in different ways, and sometimes it can be hard to be rational.

Anyway, I'm finally getting replies to job applications! No interviews yet but it's nice to at least be getting those again.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Also, I really don't like change at all. That's another reason why I'm angry and impatient having my medication move from my old pharmacy to Duane Reade.

16. - Top - End - #1216

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think this is just a change to routine and thus not knowing things we used to know thing. Changes to routine can affect those of us on the spectrum in different ways, and sometimes it can be hard to be rational.
    Ohhh, that makes perfect sense and isn't something I would have thought of offhand (imean, obviously). Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Anyway, I'm finally getting replies to job applications! No interviews yet but it's nice to at least be getting those again.
    Woohoo! Foot in the door! Do you tend to interview well?

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ok, I've been starting playing Chess Free App on my phone again. And I'm having a hard time beating the Highest CPU Level of the game. Level 12 (Rating 2100+) Grandmaster and no matter what plan I tried, I always get checkmated or resign. There has to be a way to beat this level. And I'm a low tier player.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, I've been starting playing Chess Free App on my phone again. And I'm having a hard time beating the Highest CPU Level of the game. Level 12 (Rating 2100+) Grandmaster and no matter what plan I tried, I always get checkmated or resign. There has to be a way to beat this level. And I'm a low tier player.
    One does not start at the top. First find a level that you can comfortably beat on a regular basis. And then slowly start working up from there. That's how you get better - one doesn't tend to learn as much if they're just getting utterly destroyed.

If you recognize that you're not a high-skill level player, you should not expect to beat a grandmaster. I'm not sure how you would have expected a different outcome - it's not a trivial skill level to attain.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    One does not start at the top. First find a level that you can comfortably beat on a regular basis. And then slowly start working up from there. That's how you get better - one doesn't tend to learn as much if they're just getting utterly destroyed.

If you recognize that you're not a high-skill level player, you should not expect to beat a grandmaster. I'm not sure how you would have expected a different outcome - it's not a trivial skill level to attain.
    This. Chess is not the kind of game where a low tier player can beat a grandmaster. There's too much that goes into it.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-09-24 at 09:16 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post

I just want a challenge. Playing easy levels is too easy for me.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    This. Chess is not the kind of game where a low tier player can beat a grandmaster. There's too much that goes into it.
    It's rare but it has happened, actually!

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

I just want a challenge. Playing easy levels is too easy for me.
    Play medium levels. I typed this already, but the post disappeared somehow.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's rare but it has happened, actually!
    I know. You could say the same about the lottery.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Play medium levels. I typed this already, but the post disappeared somehow.
    Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'm starting in Level 1 which I beat. Then I'm going to move up a level each time I win which won't be that difficult.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'm starting in Level 1 which I beat. Then I'm going to move up a level each time I win which won't be that difficult.
    And each time you lose, go down one.

The important thing is that you play against a computer that's good enough to beat you, but not so good that you're overwhelmed.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    And each time you lose, go down one.

The important thing is that you play against a computer that's good enough to beat you, but not so good that you're overwhelmed.
    That's a great idea. What about when it's a draw?

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a great idea. What about when it's a draw?
    Stay at the same level.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Stay at the same level.
    Excellent idea.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Colossus in the Playground

Going to a trivia night with a co worker and his wife tonight. So excited! First time really doing this sort of thing beyond the like, two MTG events.

It's time to Soc-ul-ize!

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

I still don't understand why British people pronounce "gha" as "i" and then insist it's not only perfectly intuitive, but the "only" intuitive way to pronounce it.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-09-25 at 02:27 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.