1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

[img]catgirlfreakout.gif[/img]

Spoiler
    Show
    Still dodging! Same status as before.

MAP
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-23 at 12:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: movement
    Show
    three claw moved from v14 to x15

Spoiler: attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[15] (1d4+4)[7] (1d4)[4]

Three Claw moves towards another enemy hoping to finish it off.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

With a mighty leap Three Claw launches himself into the air and impales the baboon on his spear. He pushes it beneath him as he lands and ends it swiftly underneath the muddy (and now bloody) water.

Meanwhile Deshy continues to flair around, making the crawling claw on her incapable of doing anything but hang on for dear unlife.

Spoiler
    Show

Three Claw killed B2. And also passed his Acrobatics check to not fall prone for landing a jump in difficult terrain.

CC2 misses Deshy.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Zyrn kicks the dang thing and breaks it, but now there is nothing near her to deal with. So she moves from W16 to W20 to try and help her comrades, but due to the water and mud, she can't quite get close enough to help yet.
    Last edited by Mai; 2019-09-23 at 07:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125

Moowgli finally gains the altitude he desired and turns to face the remaining foes.

"Kupo."
    Burn.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Moowgli uses wings/gust to gain 10 ft altitude, applies Create Bonfire to W21.

Damage (Dex save to avoid: DC 13): (1d8-2)[0]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Moowgli's fire minorly scorches everything....Crab, Crawling Claw, and Deshy included. None of them die though. Guess mud isn't the best place for fire.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Seems like the lightning is most effective.
    Ja. Shall we continue?
    It seems prudent given the location of our allies.

And once again he thrust the coal towards the larva, speaking the first ignan word again.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

attack - (1d20+5)[10]
    damage - (1d7)[4]
    crit - (1d7)[7]

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

A bolt of lightning streaks across the battlefield. A creepy monster lays dead, smoking briefly before it sinks into the murky water.

A crab walks out of the fire, only partially cooked. It snips at Zyrn, but fails to find her still blinded by the flames.

Spoiler
    Show

Larva is dead.

C1 moves from W21 to W20 and misses Zyrn.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Claw moves towards the others hoping to end this battle.
    Spoiler: movement
    Show
    x15 to w19

Spoiler: attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[14] (1d4+4)[6] (1d4)[3]

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

"NyAAH!"

D'Shi drops and rolls out of the fire, smothering a burning nightmare hand in the process. She stares through it, hyperventilating, seeing only wavy images of her teammates.

Spoiler
    Show
    Already rolled an unarmed attack in Discord. Claw's dead! Deshy moves south one square, out of the fire.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

With the last of the enemies finished the group can collectively take a breath.

You acquire: 3 Bone, 2 Hide, 1 Beast Hair, 1 Crab, 1 Clay, 1 Fiend Blood (which fills up one of your large mason jars).

Spoiler: Bestiary Info
    Show

Stomping Foot
    Tiny Undead
    Condition Immunities: charmed, exhaustion, poisoned
    Senses: blindsight 30 ft. (blind beyond this radius)
    Turn Immunity: The foot is immune to effects that turn undead.

Crawling Claw
    Tiny Undead
    Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.
    Damage Immunities: poison
    Languages: understands Common but can't speak

Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d4 + 1) bludgeoning or slashing damage (claw's choice).

Bat
    Tiny Beast
    Speed 5 ft., fly 30 ft.
    Senses blindsight 60 ft.

Echolocation: The bat can't use its blindsight while deafened.

Keen Hearing: The bat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing.

Baboon
    Small Beast
    Armor Class 12
    Hit Points 3
    Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.

Pack Tactics: The baboon has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the baboon's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.

Badger
    Tiny Beast
    Speed 20 ft., burrow 5 ft.
    Senses darkvision 30 ft.

Keen Smell: The badger has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Crab
    Tiny Beast
    Armor Class 11
    Hit Points 2
    Speed 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
    Skills: Stealth +2
    Senses blindsight 30 ft.

Larva
    Medium Fiend
    Armor Class 9
    Hit Points 9
    Speed 20 ft.

Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 (1d4 - 1) piercing damage.

A person transformed into a fiend by the exhaustion of remaining too long in the plane of Hades.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

You all get the sense you achieved some kind of accomplishment relating to having learned about beasts and suddenly a pile of items appears before you.

The group completed the "Aww Puppies!" Bestiary Quest.
    The rewards are: Ape Hair Padded Armor, Antler Greatsword, Crab Shell Gauntlets, 1 Beast Hair, 1 Bone, 1 Fabric, 1 Feathers, 1 Ration.
    Check the World Anvil for details on the items. Someone should claim the ration.
    Also seriously, someone needs to put stuff into the group inventory document. And I would really appreciate it if people would put their gear on their character sheet and keep track of durability in a way I can see when I look at character sheets.

13. - Top - End - #133

NecromancerGirl

Zyrn moves towards the others and helps harvest these strange ingredients. **"Should we rest here? I am fine to continue I suppose, but I got lucky, others might have had to take more at once."** Zyrn moved to recover her broken greatsword, because it was her only real option weapon wise. Better hope it could be repaired than be content punching and kicking.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The roegadyn frowned hearing that as the 7'3 red head in black robes, worn loosely over rags, approached the group. Well I cant exactly fix it good as new but I can keep it patched enough to be serviceable I tink. Either that or you can borrow my knife. It's not in very good shape though.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's great," D'Shi says to the big guy, "but who the hell are you? Your real name. And what did you do with Hasi!"

After a moment of barely being able to explain who Hasi was in the first place, D'Shi accepts that this is just another whim of the Spirit Crystals. "Sorry for accusing you. We can't let our guard down here; you never know when we'll start running into shapeshifters trying to take advantage of our trust."

She turns to Zyrn as she records the inventory of our... victory?... in her makeshift atlas.

"On the one hand, we shouldn't give the enemy any more chance to get away. On the other hand, I think I'm out of my healing spell, so we need to be careful. I'll let you make the call, Zyrn. Also..."

She pulls a massive antler from the pile of seemingly-random junk that appeared upon the crab's defeat.

"This should be a perfect replacement for the sword you lost! A weapon forged and honed in a lifetime of moose combat!"

Gave Zyrn the Antler Greatsword.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-26 at 02:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: second wind
    Show
    (1d10+1)[2]
    Three Claw summons up the inner strength of the warrior and a warm feeling floods his body.

17. - Top - End - #137

NecromancerGirl

Zyrn nods, considering. Well, I prefer people who are hurt make that call. If yoy need rest, redt. It's better to be fresh for our next fight, but letting them get away wouldn't be wise. But if we should fail, we would be worse off. If anyone is badly hurt, let's take a breather." Yen looks over the greatsword, then at those missing weapons. "I am physically strong enough to at least get by without a weapon. If anyone needs it and could use it well, their need is probably greater than mine. Does anyone else know how tomuse such swords?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

"This deerskin can also work to replace any broken armor, and these crab claws should work for anyone else who lost a weapon," notes D'Shi as she files the items into inventory. "Any takers? If not, I'm taking them; that larva totally ruined my gloves."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well I'm still a bit discombobulated from showing up here so suddenly if that means anything. As for the weapons I tink I do well enough wit my magics.

But either vay you can call me Will- er Wandering Storm... or William.

The towering monk shook his head obviously still trying to sort this out since the two personalities had accomplished the goal that had postponed this mental discussion.

But whatever we decide I best give our tools and weapons a little boost immediately before we set of. Heavy duty fixes dont last too long.

20. - Top - End - #140

NecromancerGirl

"That's much appreciated Will. Tricky to adjust to huh? This duel mind thing. It feels like when it becomes natural our time here will end and then we'll be thrown back, feeling like we are missing half of ourselves..." Zyrn said, seeming a bit confused based on tone of voice. Which was to be expected as half of her refused the idea that the other halves memories could be valid.

Zyrn would move around while the others began resting. She only had a few scratches, not worth much concern. So instead she would spend this time gathering hides from slain monsters, so that she might make something of use later. She did know how to work leather after all.

She'd hold any conversation others offered as she went about trying to peel and flay off hides, and properly preserve them with damaged tools. Zyrn at least, knew what she was doing, even if only here in this world.

(Roll: 12)

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Deshy decides to set up her fishing rod while she's waiting for everyone to rest and collect skins. Her stomach growls as she retrieves it form her invisible inventory. "Hey, does anyone want a piece of the quipper we picked up? It should still be fresh enough to eat."

She sits down next to a tree, sticks the end of her fishing rod in the mud to hold it up, and retrieves the quipper from the shared inventory. She then tries to claw off an edible chunk without eating bone splinters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fishing Check! Advantage + Disadvantage for doing it while also resting = (1d20+6)[21]

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Probably best if I cooked that for you. It could have all kinds of parasites in it. At the very least I could probably smoke it or something.

After his adjustment completed, Wandering storm began moving around the corpses of the slayed and already skinned beasts, studying each before making precise incisions in an attempt to harvest any usable meat from them.
    "Ya got to really know how anatomy works to get the most edible meat. After all itd be a shame and a waste otherwise. It's a good thing I'm fairly certain these crabs dont have poison glands because these tools are woefully imprecise. Also the offer fer a patch up job on yer weapons and armor still stands.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    cooking with intelligence - (1d20+7)[12]
    disadvantage - (1d20+7)[8]
    Last edited by 1ring42; 2019-10-02 at 03:10 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Moowgli pulls the dirt beneath him into a mound and sits to meditate. As he does, the air, earth and water seem to slowly shift around him, as if he is drawing in some elemental essence.

Finally, he stands.

"Kuppo"

I am restored.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Much like the retired doctor, Three Claw searches for a dry spot and takes a restful nap. He awakes about 1 hour later refreshed. I am ready when you are.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2019-10-03 at 11:29 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Wandering Storm only manage to gather a bit of meat from a baboon and some meat from the Larva, which he is pretty sure will be rather difficult but not impossible to make something edible from.

Zyrn manages to gather some more ingredients from the badger. Hair, hide, and bone.

Deshy just casually fishing while resting catches one fish after the other in a swamp somehow. A largemouth bass, a smallmouth bass, two catfish, and a bluegill.

Your break in the swamp goes by peacefully enough. As you continue your travels you find the swamp transitioning into a woodlands.

Group acquired 1 Primate Meat, 1 Fiend Meat, 1 Beast Hair, 1 Hide, 1 Bone, and 5 Fish.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

"'Fairly certain?'" Deshy asks nervously as Storm rips apart the giant worm with his weapon, hunting for some horrifying demon giblet or another. She furtively hides the toasted crab she was fighting earlier rather than risk it.

Apparently, the blood and dirt flooding the water in the battle's aftermath got the fish really excited. Deshy was expecting some carp to be around, but the discarded giblet she half-heartedly used as bait attracted some real meals. She hardly had time to put her rod down. Lucky!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Nothing in life is one hundred percent certain,
    but I don't remember reading anything about poisonous crabs."
    he explained, collecting a small vial of swamp water and storing the gathered meat.

"If anyone wants I can magically reinforce couple of your weapons." The mage offered as the group set off transitioning into more stable terrain.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Claw brings his spear over at the offer. "I believe I damaged it when I thrust it into the ground. Any help would be appreciated. "

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wandering storm took a minute, chanting in ignan as he passed the coal focus over the spear clearing off any green patina and sealing any visible cracks.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    casting mending on the spear +1 durability for 1 hour

30. - Top - End - #150

NecromancerGirl

Zyrn harvests hide, bone, and more from what she can with her damaged tools. She takes the offered greatsword. She's never seen one built like this, but it's fascinating to be sure. "I don't know if that meat will be edible, but I suppose i'm no cook so I will trust to your judgement. What are you thinking about this place? It's a shame you couldn't get on in time for the village start."