New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Curse Of The Crimson Throne [IC]

Spoiler: Akina
    Show
    Morning comes, and you awake. As you reach for your equipment, a harrow card flutters out, landing on the ground face-down.

When you pick it up and read it, it says:

I know what Gaedren has done to you and yours. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, but cannot strike at him myself. Come to my home at Three Lancert Street, at sunset. Others like you will be there.

Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Spoiler: Raskova
    Show
    You awake in the morning, and as you stand up, a harrow card falls off your blanket. You pick it up, and read it. It says:

I know of your mission, with Gaedren. He has wronged me deeply. I know where he dwells, but cannot strike at him myself. Come to my home at Three Lancert Street, at sunset. Others like you will be there.

Spoiler: Ide
    Show
    You wake up in the inn you've been staying at. As you stand and start to ready yourself for the day, you spot a harrow card on top of some of your clothes.

When you read it, it says:

I know what Gaedren has done to you and yours. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, but cannot strike at him myself. Come to my home at Three Lancert Street, at sunset. Others like you will be there.

Spoiler: OOC Thread Link
    Show
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2020-01-10 at 03:26 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Curse Of The Crimson Throne [IC]

Akina

Akina looks at the card with suspicion as several thoughts seem to run through her head at once. How did this get in my clothes? Can it be trusted? This could very well be a trap from Lamm's men. I haven't exactly been subtle. Probably should have killed that guy instead of letting him go after I tortured him. Or maybe this is real. Gaedren has a lot of enemies. I've definitely heard of others who have a beef with him. I saw that centaur who is always passing out pamphlets perk up when someone said Lamm's name. I bet there are others.

Akina readies for her day and spends it finding the address on the card, walking around the few blocks surrounding it, and asking a few of the people she trusts if they know anything about the person who lives at that home.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-01-10 at 03:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Raskova reads the card and she smiles while doing so, finally it seems that her speeches are waking people up, that they are willing to stand to the injustice they face every day.

Quickly, she dresses herself and leaves her room to get into the crowded hallways of the Andoren community center, where she cooks for herself and those in need.

-You seem to be in a good mood today. - Says Vladimir, the cook in charge.
    -YES, it seems that our efforts are going to be rewarded soon, I am to meet other comrades today, at sunset!- Says Raskova as she carries a big bowl full of food - Do you know where I can find The Three Lancert Street?
    Last edited by zinycor; 2020-01-10 at 04:02 PM.
    Last son of the Lu-Ching dynasty

thog is the champion, thog's friends! and thog keeps on fighting to the end!

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    Akina

Akina looks at the card with suspicion as several thoughts seem to run through her head at once. How did this get in my clothes? Can it be trusted? This could very well be a trap from Lamm's men. I haven't exactly been subtle. Probably should have killed that guy instead of letting him go after I tortured him. Or maybe this is real. Gaedren has a lot of enemies. I've definitely heard of others who have a beef with him. I saw that centaur who is always passing out pamphlets perk up when someone said Lamm's name. I bet there are others.

Akina readies for her day and spends it finding the address on the card, walking around the few blocks surrounding it, and asking a few of the people she trusts if they know anything about the person who lives at that home.
    Talking to your trusted few, they mention a fortune-teller who lives there. They haven't seen or heard from her in a while, but she's considered harmless. While most of the folk think she has some minor divination talent, she never really did outright casting.

Looking about, you see ordinary folk doing ordinary things. No one enters or leaves the house.

Quote Originally Posted by zinycor View Post
    Raskova reads the card and she smiles while doing so, finally it seems that her speeches are waking people up, that they are willing to stand to the injustice they face every day.

Quickly, she dresses herself and leaves her room to get into the crowded hallways of the Andoren community center, where she cooks for herself and those in need.

-You seem to be in a good mood today. - Says Vladimir, the cook in charge.
    -YES, it seems that our efforts are going to be rewarded soon, I am to meet other comrades today, at sunset!- Says Raskova as she carries a big bowl full of food - Do you know where I can find The Three Lancert Street?
    "Of course. Might be easier to point it out on a map-Michael, grab the city almanac, would you?" Vladimir says.

Michael, a young halfling, nods and says "Yes sir!" before scampering off to find it. He returns with a hefty, old book, and Vladimir opens it to a map.

"Right, you'll want to head right from here down to Porter's Row. From there," he begins, giving you directions. After a few minutes of looking and listening, you feel confident you can find your way to the home-worst comes to worse, you can ask other people for directions on the way.

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

-Thanks Michael, you are a great help as always.- Says Raskova with a big smile. Raskova continues to work the rest of the day, whenever she has a moment to rest she goes back into looking at the map, checking to see the route making sure to memorize the place and directions.

When Sunset is about to come she leaves the community center and runs towards the place (dressed in armor with her weapons at the ready) excited and happy to meet new comrades, to improve Korvosa for all those who live in there.
    Last edited by zinycor; 2020-01-10 at 05:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Goblin

Ide has been used to strange letters and notes. After all, she was an entertainer, a violinist, an acrobat when needed. The life of an artist was all she knew. And when you have her talent and pretty good looks, if she could say so herself, letters from adorators and fans were a common occurrence.

Imagine then her surprise upon finding out this letter was not one from a secret admirer at all, but something much, much different. This meant she needed to make a few unexpected preparations. Thankfully her plans were consisting mostly of playing at the inn, showcasing her skills and elegance in exchange for food and a roof over her head...and smashing heads of people who may know where Gaedren might be hiding. Truly she was an embodiment of human duality.

Having dressed up, she comes downstairs for breakfast. Her deal with the innkeeper, a kind but no-nonsense middle-aged lady named Harriet, was to play at dinner and supper time, when the inns get most of the patrons, so the first order of business was to talk about that. So after eating she approaches the woman, putting half of the daily price for the room and food in her hand. "afternoon performance will be as usual, but I have to cancel the evening. Gotta be somewhere at sunset, might be a lead on that @#$% I've told you about. Might be me ending up beaten to death by a bunch of thugs. Either way, cannot promise I'll make it in time." She casually explains. "By the way, you ever heard of this place called Three Lancert Street?"

7. - Top - End - #7

"Yes, of course," she replies, and gives directions. "It's a quiet part of town," she adds after giving directions. "Be safe, as best you can. I appreciate what you've done-the place has felt a little more lively since you've been performing here."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Y'all can enter the house as you please. The door is unlocked.

Show
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Akina

Akina is anxious to get this started and find out whether this is a trap or really an ally who sent the letter. She does one final lap around the property, looking for anything unusual in the house or the surrounding neighborhood, before walking up to the front door and knocking, about 30 minutes before sunset, thinking that this is a respectable amount of time to be early and hoping that if it is a trap, it is not quite set yet.

If no one answers her knocking, she enters the house to explore.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-01-11 at 06:29 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

When Akina steps in, the house is revealed to be empty, but tidy and well-kept. A note on the table reads:

Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall be back shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. There is bread and drink under the table in a basket for you.

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Akina

After reading the note and looking under the table, Akina leaves the basket alone and instead explores the house a little, opening doors off of the foyer and entering any rooms directly attached. She walks up or down stairs but does not leave more than several feet out of sight of the room with the table.

As long as she doesn't find anything concerning, she relaxes a little. "If this were a trap, they likely would have sprung it by now."

If she hears someone coming in, she will move back towards the main room, waiting to see who it is before revealing herself.

11. - Top - End - #11

The house is a small, tidy, and cozy home.

Spoiler: Investigation (Intelligence) DC 13
    Show
    That being said, while it seems well-maintained, it doesn't seem like anyone's actually BEEN HERE in a while.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

The silence in the street gets broken by the thunderous sound of Raskova's running, dodging the people around and very excitedly she arrives into Three Lancer Street.

Raskova knocks on the door with great energy, If nobody answers she starts calling in:Hello! I was told to meet some comrades in here! Is anybody home?- her accent is heavy and her atittude is overly happy.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Akina

Akina recognizes the voice of the centaur she's seen passing out pamphlets and preaching about Andoran communism. Based on the look she saw him make earlier when Lamm's name came up, if there is a trap, he is not a part of it. If he is a target too, then they'll have a better chance together. She moves back into the main room and walks to the door to greet the new arrival. Her swords are sheathed and her hands are out in a friendly greeting as she opens the door.

"Hello friend. It appears to just be me in here. I was invited, but I don't know by whom. I am Akina of the Fangwood Forest. Please come in and join me while we wait for our host. There is food in a basket under the table but otherwise it doesn't look like anyone has lived here in quite a while. Did you get one of these too?" and she shows him the card she received.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

-YES! Yes, I did get one of those!- Says Raskova as she looks inside her bag for the card.- Please comrade, allow me to introduce myself, I am Raskova, Knight from Andoran, birthplace of freedom, big pleasure to meet you. .- Says Raskova while making a loose military salute.

Raskova enters the house curiously looking around. -Nice place, nice place. Have you been waiting for long time? Am so happy to meet comrades to bring justice into Korvosa.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Goblin

"Well, now I have no choice but to make it back alive." Ide remarks with a smirk. "A self-respecting artist cannot disappoint a fan."

And so Ide spent her day making necessary steps - preparing for both her performance and the hopefully eventful evening. She spent a long while observing the building she was supposed to enter, ensuring this is not a trap. Finally, having found nothing, she enters, instantly being greeted by sing of two other people inside.

"Something tells me neither of you has been the one who invited me to this rendez-vous" She says, leaning on the doorframe with her arms crossed at her chest. Ensuring she has the attention of the other two, she takes a bow "Ide of March, an entertainer."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon hearing Ide's name Raskova perks up- I heard about you, you play a delightful violin from what I have heard!- Says Raskova, very excited to know of a fellow musician.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Goblin

"My reputation precedes me." Ide gives Raskova a proud smile. "I heard of you too, word about a comradery-minded centaur spreads quickly even in a city this big." She then proceeds to give Akina an analytical look. "I've heard something about an Elf causing trouble to that bastard Lamn. That would be you, I presume?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Akina

Akina looks at the small human woman for a minute before it registers where she's seen her before. She walks over and offers to shake hands.

"Yes, that would likely be me, Akina Kaori. I tried to be more subtle, but subtlety is not my strength. I think I've seen you before. Did you perform in a traveling show in Nirmathi a few years ago. I am from Fangwood and saw your show with my family. It was amazing. There was a woman who had the most beautiful voice I had ever heard. I still hear it in my dreams."

She decides she can trust these two, so tells them her story and why she thinks she received the card.

"Gaedren Lamm sent raiders to my home, and they killed my parents and my only two sisters. We hunted down the raiders and killed them, but my revenge will not be complete until I kill Lamm, his family, and everyone who works for him. And maybe their families too. Why are you both here? Do you know who gave us these cards?"
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-01-12 at 11:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

The smile dissapears from Raskova's face to transform into a serious and concerned one.

-Akina, I can't say I even understand the pain you in, and you can have my word, I will bring Lamm and those who have worked for him into justice, but if you are serious on killing innocents, whose only sin is being related to criminals, then is solemn duty to also stop you in the name of Andora, Birthplace of freedom.- Raskova proceeds to unsheathe her lance, ready in case a fight breaks.

Show
    Damn!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Akina

Akina wonders why a horse with a lance would try to pick a fight in a small room. It would be easy to stay inside the lance's reach, needing only to avoid the hooves. She glances at the unarmored legs, picturing weak points where she could slice with her swords if needed. Now if they were in the open, Raskova would be a scary opponent indeed. None of these thoughts cross her face though. She has no ill will towards the Centaur and is impressed by his honor and a little embarrassed by the decent of her own in the name of vengeance. She steps towards Raskova and smiles humbly,

"Yes, you are right. I promise not to kill any innocent family members. I get ahead of myself sometimes."

She decides not to bring up the morality of torture. She'll deal with that if it comes up.

21. - Top - End - #21

As you talk amongst yourselves, there's a quiet but firm knocking at the door. If any of you open it, you see a middle-aged (edging on old) woman waiting there. She still has some measure of beauty, but more of the faded beauty of a wilted flower than the vibrant life of a youngster. She has a small, bittersweet smile on her face when she sees you all. "Good evening to you all," she says, idly shuffling a harrow deck in her hands. "I am Zellara, the woman who has called you here. I wish I could have brought you together on better news, but alas..."

"I do also apologize for the unconventional method of contacting you, but it is for the best. Gaedren would have me snuffed out, if they could find me," she continues. "A year ago, Gaedren had my harrow deck stolen. It is both an heirloom, passed down for generations on the side of my mother, and my sole means of supporting my livelihood. My son, Eran, tracked it down, and in reward... He was killed. I sought help from the guard, but they turned me away-too busy with other things. So, I asked around. I bribed. I consulted the harrow. And, just recently, I have found something. Gaedren lives in an old fishery north of Westpier 17, where he trains his kidnapped children to be pickpockets, and counts his stolen goods."

"So now, I need your help. If the guard were to track him down, he would hear of them long before they caught him. And even should they, there is no guarantee he will face justice. But he has wronged you as he has wronged me-and he will face punishment for his crimes. I have faith in you all," she finishes.

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing honesty in Akina's words, Raskova nods and sheates her weapon. Before she could apologize for coming up too strongly, the door was knocked on and the lady who invited them entered.

After hearing her story, Raskova held the lady's hands attempting to give some relief.

-You can count with my help, one way or another, this Lamm character will face justice and his many victims will have at the very least that.

This I can vow as an Andoran knight.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Akina

Akina studies the older woman and decides she appears to be trustworthy. She resists the urge to go directly to Westpier 17, instead waiting to see what her new allies have planned.

"Miss Zellara, I m sorry for the loss of your son. I would love to assist you, and thank you for the information, we will put it to good use. Is this your home? If so, do you have another safe place to go? Our quarrels with Gaedren are well known and I'm sure some of his allies saw at least one of us come to this place. You should not stay here. If you can reuse these cards then you can have mine back. I have gotten what I need from it."

"Raskova and Ide, would you like to go to this fishery tonight or wait until the morning? If tomorrow, we can meet at the Inn where Ide has been playing."

24. - Top - End - #24

"It is my home, and unless you were followed, you should be safe enough here," she replies. "I will take the cards back, thank you."

Show
    Spoiler: Insight DC 18
    Show
    She's hiding something. Especially related to the cards. You're not sure what it is, and you know that she's being honest about her son and desire for revenge, but something's up.

Spoiler: Perception DC 20
    Show
    Her movements don't quite track right. There's something off about it-notably, it seems that her actions don't always cause effects. Dust stays where it is, footprints aren't left, stuff like that. Like she's not really there.

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

-I would like to go as soon as possible, not so much to attack, but take a measure of Lamm's defenses and figure out some weakness to exploit in the offensive.

Raskova's attitude has changed, where in her daily life she is optimistic and naive, when it came to battle she was practical and serious. Things that come from being raised by musicians but trained in the military.

EDIT After 19 on insight:

When Raskova is about to hand over her card she sees something in Zellara's eyes that catches her attention.

-Zellara, my comrade - Says Raskova trying to get rid of the coldness of tactical warfare- Is there something else that you have to tell us, something related to.... these?- Says Raskova in relation to the card in her hand.
    Last edited by zinycor; 2020-01-12 at 03:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Akina

Akina notices something isn't right about her host. As she hands her back the card, she fumbles, purposefully trips a little, and puts her hand through Zellara's abdomen, thinking that if this is an illusion, her hand will go through. If Zellara is real, it will be awkward but not too hard to apologize and move on.

27. - Top - End - #27

Show
    (1d20+3)[8] vs. (1d20+4)[10]

Rolling your Deception (to hide your intent) versus her Insight.

Your hand goes through her, and you fall down, but quickly regain your feet, having expected that. "You are among friends, Akina. You could have asked," she says. "But I am not physically here. My body was fed to the fish, after I confronted Gaedren myself. MY spirit remains, here in my home, in my harrow deck, in this city... It is why I chose you three. You have the skill and power needed to take on Gaedren without perishing as I did."
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2020-01-12 at 03:54 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

-You did as you had to, your sacrifice won't be in vain, as we the living will continue to bring justice, honoring your memory. But I must ask you, my comrade Zellara, there's something in relation to these cards that you aren't saying, what is it? - Says Raskova not really knowing how to act in front of a spirit.

29. - Top - End - #29

She drops the harrow cards, and they vanish before they hit the floor. "I told you they were stolen. And that they were-these are a mere memory of them."

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

Goblin

"I hear her voice too. She is my mother." Ide visibly tensds as Akina mention of her mother and smile disappeared from her face. She was about to say more, but then the two women with her seemingly were about to start a fight. Thankfully they managed to calm down their nerves. "For the record, I too have a vendetta against this bastard and am willing to kill anyone who stands in my way. But only those." She put an emphasis on that last part, with a much more colder tone. "People who spill blood should deal with each other. Everyone else should be left out of it.". Before she could add more, a new ace appeared on the stage.

Ide listens silently to the conversation, taking advantage of the fact that no one is paying her much attention to drop her overconfident posture for a moment. If anyone looked at her they'd notice she seems sad, in that somber, tearless way. She stares at the soles of her shoes as if listening to Zellara made her think of something painful, again. She indeed cannot help but consider how the woman's tragedy feels so in tune with one that befell her mother. A part of her wonders which one of the women had met a worse fate, then immediately hates herself for even considering this question.

She finally approaches Zellara and slowly hands her over the card, just as the other two have done. She had regained her composure and the confident aura she had before. She speaks calmly, addressing first the woman and then her two new allies. However, a keen eye could notice* it is an act to hide how deeply Zellara's story has moved her.

"I do not know if I believe in justice but I can promise you, we will get revenge, for you and everyone else this monster has hurt. Hopefully, justice will accompany it. I propose we go immediately, to not let him slip by."

* - OOC: As in, feel free to roll insight on Ide, if you want.