New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

Wandering Storm's faerie fire settles down on only one of his three targets, but by luck catches an invisible foe he hadn't even been aware of. Now that it can be seen, it looks like a vaguely humanoid gray shade with no distinguishing features of any kind. He sees this very well as it runs over to him and tries to punch him. Luckily he sees the attack coming too and blocks it.

Zyrn on the other hand fails to block the punch of the ugly creature next to her.

Spoiler
    Show

S1 fails, J2 succeeds, W2 succeeds, Lu2 fails.

Lu2 moves from X7 to W3 and misses Wandering Storm.

L2 Fists Zyrn for 3 bludgeoning damage.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Moowgli snaps his hand and a whirlwind of flame erupts.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Cast bonfire on J2. Move L2 to W4 with gust so Wandering Storm can reposition if desired.

Damage (dex save DC 13 to prevent): (1d8-2)[0]
    Gust: Str save DC 13
    Last edited by charlesrwest; 2019-12-22 at 10:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm right behind you, Three Claw," says Deshy. "Just hold out until I take care of this bird!"

She spins to dodge the servo's peck attack and swings the momentum into another punch, hoping to free herself up for some spells or archery.

Spoiler
    Show

Bonus Action: Thinking about healing her partner, but he still seems healthier than herself for the moment, so no.

Action: Booming Blade vs. Servo
    Attack: (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage: (1d3+3)[5]
    Crit?: (1d3)[1]
    - [roll]1d8-2[/i] thunder damage if triggered.

Move: not yet

HP: 6/9
    L1 Spells: 1
    Effects: Mage Armor

"Huh?" After hearing the flashy conjuration go off, Deshy looks over her shoulder and sees the glitter-covered ghost assaulting Storm. "What is that thing?! Storm, are you okay?"

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

A jackal gets singed, a glittery gray thing gets pushed, a robo-bird gets almost destroyed, a robo-bird can't manage to hit a catgirl, an invisible force hits a bunny girl in the head.

Spoiler
    Show

J2 fails it's save and takes 1 fire damage. Lu2 fails it's strength save.
    Deshy hits.

S2 misses Deshy.

? Slams Zyrn for 1 bludgeoning damage.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: attack
    Show
    three Claw attacks jackle 2 j2, in block 4z (1d20+5)[23] (1d4+4)[5] (1d4)[1]
    Three Claw once again stabs at the jackle in front of him, knowing he is being cornered.

6. - Top - End - #306

NecromancerGirl

Zyrn manages to take out one strange monster, and then, something misses her. Zyrn looks about but sees nothing. Fortunately, her observation pays off, and she sees Wandering Storm doing something seemingly helpfull. But then something she can't see whacks her, and Zyrn let's out a loud grunt. First that other slime thing, now 2 invisible things? "Thanks, mind if I borrow your spell? Something invisible seems to be around me. I'm about to pass out so the least I could do is try to flush them out for you."

Zyrn groans again, and mimics WS to cast faerie fire centered just behind her to avoid hitting her allies with it.

Spoiler: Actions & Rolls
    Show

No move, action to fae faerie fire centered just a little south of Zyrn. DC14, Dex save.
    Last edited by Mai; 2019-12-24 at 05:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Three Claw kills the singed jackal. For his trouble the nearby weasel bites him.

Zyrn illuminates both the strange creature before her and another of the previously invisible ones.

Spoiler
    Show

Three Claw kills J2.
    Lu1 fails it's save, L2 fails.

W2 Bites Three Claw for 1 piercing damage.

S1 misses Three Claw.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-12-24 at 08:26 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wandering storm took the opportunity and backed away hands flowing in precise moments as he incanted, pointing the wand at the glowing figure that had attacked him. Lightning sparked and crackled along the wand before arcing towards one of the strange figures.

Show
    Moving from w2 to T1 and casting firebolt with lightning damage at Lu2.
    attack - (1d20+6)[11]
    advantage - (1d20+6)[17]
    damage - (1d10-3)[4]
    if crit - (1d10)[1]

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Wandering Storm's lightning bolt fries the vague grey thing into a pile of ash. The remaining gross monster stumbles over itself as it tries to strike at Zyrn.

Spoiler
    Show

Wandering Storm kills Lu2.

L2 misses Zyrn.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

After bending its neck back ninety degrees, Deshy eyes the robot expecting it to fall over, but what she thought was a stumbling motion was actually its attempt to maneuver its displaced head into pecking range. "Come on! How are you still up?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Exactly the same thing as last round, I guess!

Booming Blade -> Gauntlet Attack
    Attack: (1d20+5)[8]
    Effect: Probably irrelevant, as it probably won't have a chance to run away if it gets hit, but (1d8-2)[3]

Spells: 1/2
    Mage Armors: 1/1

11. - Top - End - #311

Moowgli rains down fire and fury.

Show

Gust S1 into fire and target L2 with magic stone

Attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

Damage (dex save DC 13 to prevent): (1d8-2)[0]
    Gust: Str save DC 13
    Last edited by charlesrwest; 2019-12-29 at 07:28 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Deshy and the wounded metal bird both dramatically swing at each other... and totally whiff.
    Moowgli in contrast knocks the other one into a fire and it doesn't come back out and then chucks a rock at one of the gross things so hard that one of its arms rips off at the shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

Deshy misses. S1 fails both saves and dies. Moowgli hits L2.

S2 misses Deshy.

Lu1 misses Zyrn.

13. - Top - End - #313

NecromancerGirl

"Thanks Moowgli I aporiciate the help there might still be an invisible one near me though, so watch out." Zyrn says, breathing heavily. They'd missed her again. Good. Best remove 1 crestore so it couldn't keep attacking. Yeah it was down 1 arm, but if there were 2 others she would need take 1 out to stand the best chance of not going down. With that philosophy, Zyrn swings at L2.

Spoiler: Actions & Rolls
    Show

Zyrn Attacks L2 and doesn't move so as to avoid an OoA from Lu1. (Zyrn has 1hp currently.)

Attack: (Adv.)
    (1d20+3)[16]
    (1d20+3)[21]
    Damage:
    (1d10+1)[8]
    Crit:
    (1d10)[6]

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Claw stabs at the weasel (w2).
    (1d20+5)[18] (1d4+4)[7] (1d4)[3]

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Zyrn and Three Claw both cut down their opponents, leaving on two foes (that you're aware of) on the field.

Spoiler
    Show

Zyrn kills L2.
    Three Claw kills W2.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Unfortunately I lack the magical reserves to attempt revealing any more hidden assailants. And we're a bit occupied to pause for deep esoteric thought."

Storm replied to Zyrn before pointing his wand at the last highlighted creature and incanting. <Fire shall consume thee!>

Show
    casting firebolt on Lu1: fire damage
    attack - (1d20+6)[23]
    advantage - (1d20+6)[22]
    damage - (1d10-3)[3]
    if crit - (1d10)[9]

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

The mechanical peacock continues dancing around despite Deshy's efforts, stumbling just to the side of her punches. With a growl, she stops for a second, then ducks to one side and moves to shove it over like a full rain barrel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Exactly the same thing as last round, I guess!

Booming Blade -> Gauntlet Attack
    Attack: (1d20+5)[14]
    Effect: Probably irrelevant, as it probably won't have a chance to run away if it gets hit, but (1d8-2)[5]

Spells: 1/2
    Mage Armors: 1/1

18. - Top - End - #318

Moowgli draws more pebbles from his sack and they begin to glow brightly just before he sends one hurtling to earth.

Show

Bonus action to make more magic stones. Throws one.
    Targeting Lu1.

Attack: (1d20+5)[17] (or if adv) (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

And the fight closes with the magic of.... punching things and throwing rocks. Maaaagic.....

Spoiler: Loot
    Show

Large Mason Jar (used from your inventory) or Fiend Blood 1, Beast Hair 3, Hide 2, Bone 2, Bronze 1, Brass 1, Tin 1, Zinc 1, Wood 1

Holiday Gift: 5 Potions of Healing

Baby's First Bestiary Reward: see the completed quest in the World Anvil (it's a bunch of stuff)

Spoiler: Bestiary Info
    Show

Hyena
    Medium Beast
    Armor Class 11
    Hit Points 5
    Speed 50 ft.
    Pack Tactics: The hyena has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the hyena's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.
    Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) piercing damage

Jackal
    Small Beast
    Armor Class 12
    Hit Points 3
    Speed 40 ft.
    Keen Hearing and Smell: The jackal has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
    Pack Tactics: The jackal has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the jackal's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.
    Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 (1d4 - 1) piercing damage.

Lemure
    Medium Fiend (Devil)
    Damage Immunities fire, poison
    Hellish Rejuvenation: A lemure that dies in the Nine Hells comes back to life with all its hit points in 1d10 days unless it is killed by a good-aligned creature with a bless spell cast on that creature or its remains are sprinkled with holy water.

Living Unseen Servant
    Medium Construct
    Damage Immunities poison
    Invisibility: The unseen servant is invisible.

Servo
    Tiny Construct
    Hit Points 10
    Speed 20 ft.
    Damage Immunities poison
    Condition Immunities charmed, poisoned
    Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 slashing damage.

Weasel
    Tiny Beast
    Hit Points 1
    Keen Hearing and Smell: The weasel has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

20. - Top - End - #320

NecromancerGirl

Zyrn pants to herself as combat ends. "Everyone okay? Is anyone hurt? I still have a few goodberries. Of everyone is okay, let's gather all we can from this. We haven't fought metal.creatures before, we might need what we can gather, especially from.those if anyone is capable of doing so."

Zyrn will eat 2 of her 5 remaining goodberries, bringing herself up to 3, and then offer the remaining 3 berries. Though they didn't help much, things were certainly a bit less problematic now. After offering them, Zyrn will go to gather all she can.

Spoiler: Gathering Rolls
    Show

Gathering at disadvantage, use the lower of these rolls.
    (1d20+6)[18]
    (1d20+6)[23]

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Claw will gather any usable strips of leather and fur that he can later use for weaving. (1d20+5)[20]

Also rolled 14
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2020-01-07 at 06:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Meanwhile Wandering Storm will go over the servos carefully with his blacksmiths tools, carefully hmming and hawing to himself as he examined them, going about the salvage the way a biologist would go about a dissection or autopsy.

"Fascinating pieces of mechanical work here. I'm almost tempted to try and capture an operational one."

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

gather - (1d20+7)[17]
    disadvantage - (1d20+7)[10]

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'll eat the last 3 berries if that's OK," says Deshy. "I still have a healing word left, but I can't use it if I collapse in one hit."

One gets the feeling that she's saying that as much to chastise herself as to explain her reasoning.

"Anyway! Hey, Priya? Which kinds of wood are most useful for you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Gathering with her incredibly bad woodworking tools!

(1d20+7)[16]
    (1d20+7)[25]
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-01-07 at 05:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

You manage to gather a fair bit of ingredients from the fallen foes and the natural surroundings.

Heading the short distance back to Huster, you arrive unmolested. Priya thanks you for saving her and says she'll re-open her store shortly and will repair Three Claw's brass weapon for free as thanks.
    When you later check in the open store Priya returns Three Claw's fully repaired weapon and informs you that while repairing any of your broken extremely low quality weapons or foci is beyond her means* (and not worth her effort), she'd be happy to buy them each (broken or not) for 1 copper to at least use for scrap.
    (*By which I mean any of your starting 1 Durability weapons or foci.)

You also take the Elk and Deer to the Miller Farm. Brodie jokingly informs you that these are not their parents, but that they'll happily add them to their livestock.

Spoiler: Gathering Results
    Show

Moowgli rolls a 15 for Survival. Gathers 4 Melon and 3 Herbs (Common).

Three Claw gathers 5 Beast Hair and 5 Jute.

Deshy gathers 12 Wood.

Zyrn gathers 5 Hide, 4 Bone, and 3 Zinc.

Wandering Storm gathers 1 Iron, and 3 Tin.

Rees' Savage Swords and Other Selections is open for business.
    As a note, I only included the weapons & foci I thought you guys might be interested because I didn't feel like it was a good use of my time to spend several hours making entries for things that nobody wants as far as I'm aware. But if there's a weapon or foci type you're interested that's not presented there just let me know.

You all are now Level 2!

You can all take 1 Downtime action to either Gather or Craft.
    In case you're wondering, Gathering is ~25% more effective as a Downtime action.
    Though also remember that gathering resources without an appropriate Captured Resource has various risks. (That can include damage, reduced or even no acquired materials, etc.)

And a reminder for those who wish to craft, it's generally a good idea to make sure you have spare ingredients in case of a poor roll resulting in success at the cost of extra ingredients.

You should all also make a Long Rest Roll after leveling up.

And finally, you should all discuss which quest to do next.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2020-01-10 at 12:34 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Moowgli searches high and low for sand.

Show

Survival:
    [roll]1d20+6[/roll]

Rest roll:
    (1d100)[45]
    Last edited by charlesrwest; 2020-01-12 at 10:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Deshy loiters along with the rest of the group outside of Priya's.

"Okay, everyone, we've all seen her inventory. Anyone who's buying one of her weapons or foci can trade in their old weapons and take the money they need." D'shi closes her eyes and reflects on exactly how little she knows about crafting her own adventuring equipment. "I think we're supposed to make some things for ourselves, too, right? We have plenty of wood, if anyone needs me to carve anything..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rest: (1d100)[100]

Dexterity(Woodcarver's Tools) (With disadvantage for starting tools): (1d20+7)[15] (1d20+7)[27]

Unless someone requests something, she's learning the recipe for a non-warped longbow or hunting bow, depending on how the recipe mechanics work out.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Claw looked at the newly repaired spear, things were getting a little more serious, he need to look at recipes to help the group and to fully rest.
    Spoiler: rest
    Show
    (1d100)[58]

Three Claw found a comfortable spot to lay on and took his well deserved sleep. He woke up and gathered his weaving tools and a pile of six beast hairs hoping to make some fabric.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2020-01-13 at 01:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

NecromancerGirl

After talk it over with the group, Zyrn will buy the smokey quartz ring to use as a focus, and sell her broken rusty greatsword and armor for 2 copper each. That would at least lower the cost. And though she now had no armor, it wouldn't have been worth continually repairing anything. Even though the group had such a cantrip. It barely contributed anything to defence.

She'd slip her new spell.foci on, and go about the rest of her day. First of which would be turning as much hide into useable leather as possible. And so she would go about the processing.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Hide to Leather 1:
    (1d20+6)[26]
    Hide to Leather 2:
    (1d20+6)[23]

Long Rest:
    (1d100+11)[45]

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wandering storm would instead investigate the area for any easily exploitable sources of copper.

Show
    gathering - (1d20+7)[17]
    [Roll=disadvantage] 1d20+7[/roll]

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

While Moowgli is out looking for sand he realize he has two problems. The first is that he doesn't have a lot of containers for the sand and wind up filling up even some small jars with sand. His second problem is that there's a pack of wolves approaching. He abandons the task mid-way through to make sure all of himself can make it back.

Wandering Storm has the exact opposite kind of luck. He finds a small exposed vein of copper and tin. Very fortunate considering his lack of a mining pick would have otherwise made this task much more difficult. While clearing the regular rock away, he finds two small gems in his haul.

Deshy makes good progress figuring out how to make a longbow.

Three Claw and Zyrn make a good amount of materials, Zyrn even gaining some more understanding of how to work leather.

Spoiler
    Show

Long Rest stuff
    I believe everyone was at full health before the long rest from goodberries, so no change there.
    As a note you don't have to "regain" the hit die you gained from leveling up.

Moowgli regains 1 hit die.
    Deshy regains 1 hit die.
    Three Claw regains 1 hit die.
    Zyrn regains 1 hit die.
    Wandering Storm rolls a 42 and regains 1 hit die.

Downtime Actions
    Moowgli gathers 5 Sand. This fills up 3 large mason jars and 4 small mason jars.
    Deshy gains 15/30 LP (learning points) for Wooden Longbow recipe. This consumes 1 Wood.
    Three Claw makes 11 Fabric. This consumes 11 Beast Hair.
    Zyrn makes 12 Leather. This consumes 12 Hide. Gains 4/17 LP for Leather Armor recipe.
    Wandering Storm gathers 8 Copper, 4 Tin, 1 Azurite (10 gp), and 1 Banded Agate (10 gp).