Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 448
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Issarel Clanyr

    Issarel is thoroughly shaken by the unspeakable horror. Ears bleeding, she takes a shot at the beast and beats a hasty retreat to find some relief from the sonic onslaught.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Firing an arrow at the thing and then moving to M3

    To Hit: (1d20+4)[5]
    To Damage: (1d8)[2]

    Current HP: 10

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Daruk

    Daruk curses under his breath. He was injured, but so were most of his allies, and the barrage by this creature seemed unrelenting. To make things worse, Daruk was unable to charge at this point. To make things even worse, the roof was apparently collapsing. "Take cover, spread out!" He decides that forcing the monster to hedge its bets would be helpful. After all, that's one of the things that had handicapped the team. Drawing his sword (and dropping his torch on the floor), he moves to the other side of the abomination, hoping that either he or his teammates would be spared the next sonic treatment. He is then in a perfect position to start attacking soon.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Move to V7, which can be done without provoking AoO by avoiding squares next to the monster and drawing sword. Attacking next round.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    "I don't like these odds," Crystal mutters, loosing two more arrows at the creature and then stepping towards Calendi, in case it becomes necessary to rescue the bird and run.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Rapid Shot (1d20+2)[3]+1PBS -2DA -2RS
    Damage (1d8+8)[12]

    Rapid Shot (1d20+2)[19]+1PBS -2DA -2RS
    Damage (1d8+8)[14]

    5ft step SE

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Joshua as you charge at the creature it prepares to counter your attack, however when the sound of a whip cracking close to its body happens the creature seems to visibly shrink back, if only for a moment, away from your direction as if showing its first sign of fear. Pressing the advantage your curse the vile abberation and watch as a symbol only you can see appears on the creatures head, marking it as cursed.

    As you all slowly begin to encircle the beast, with some of you hiding still another arrow from Crystal's bow finds its mark and digs deep into the creatures unnaturally tough flesh. And while it doesn't look close to going down yet, it is clear that you can hurt the beast as the deafening sound seems to subside and the bloody blades that have been at the creatures side this whole time, come lashing out at Daruk's throat. However neither blade comes anywhere close to its mark as the stout cleric of Heirneous easily bats aside the two blades.

    This is your one chance no doubt to get the beast, it is surrounded by enemies and no longer has the advantage of you all being grouped together in a straight line.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Parties turn, it failed both its attacks so make this count.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Don't you dare and turn your back at me! We're not done yet! As long as I'm standing, I'm your biggest threat! Joshua shouts at the aberration.
    With a short few over his shoulder, he checks if he's not in the way of an arrow or a charging Paladin (and adjust if necessary)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard action: Intimidate! My check (1d20+10)[11] vs your modified level check (1d20 + character level or Hit Dice + target’s Wisdom bonus [if any] + target’s modifiers on saves against fear). If I succeed the monster is panicked

    please remember the -4 for cursed and frightened

    [EDIT: I'm intimidating like a teddy 🐻
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-11-01 at 12:58 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Amara

    Amara popped out from behind the wall and fired another arrow, then reloaded again.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack into melee (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (1d8)[1]
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Crystal nods to herself in satisfaction as her arrow slams home, stepping out to take two more shots at the creature.

    "You ok there Joshua?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    5ft step NW
    Rapid Shot (1d20+2)[5]+1pbs, -2DA, -2RS
    Damage (1d8+8)[11]+1pbs, +4DA

    Rapid Shot (1d20+2)[15]+1pbs, -2DA, -2RS
    Damage (1d8+8)[10]+1pbs, +4DA

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Daruk

    "Die, you fiendspawn", the priest shouts as he aims to bury his blade deep in the monsters flesh.

    Spoiler: OoC Rolls
    Show

    Longsword attack (1d20+5)[24], +2 if flanking, damage (1d8+2)[7]

    If 24 or 25, crit threat. Then, confirmation roll: Longsword attack (1d20+5)[11], +2 if flanking, bonus damage (1d8+2)[4]

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Benedict raises his greatsword and charges the creature. "Back to the hell from which you came, foul beast! Heironeous grant me strength!"

    His sword glows with a holy light and he swings it at the monster, the blade guided by Heironeous himself into the abomination's flesh.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Charge to: T8
    Attack: (1d20+11)[22] (Smite +3, Charge +2)
    Damage: (3d6+8)[19] Good Damage

    If Attack is 19-20 (30-31), confirmation: (1d20+11)[14]
    Damage: (3d6+8)[17] Good Damage

    Current AC: 15
    Current HP: 15
    Last edited by Janwin; 2019-11-01 at 09:34 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Joshua you watch as your threats falls on deaf ears as the creature ignores you, seeming to supernaturally be able to detect the others coming into attack it as an arrow goes whooshing pasts its head and it snarls in the general direction the bolt came from.

    It is at that moment Crystal takes her shot, missing the first mark by a very large margin, before correcting her aim and firing the second arrow which finds its hold inside the strange organ like item in the slit going down its face to sterm. As it does so the creature seems to struggle as it is momentarily blind.

    Daruk and Benedict see this as their moment to strike as both their blades seem to be guided by the hand of Heironeous. And while Daruk's blade seems to do little damage it distracts the beast long enough for Benedicts glowing golden blade to drive deep into the monsters heart before being pulled out letting the creature's lifeless form drop to the floor, its two strange weapons falling with it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And we are now out of combat. Spoils of war 2 Exotic weapons known as Handscythes. They are both masterwork and deal 1d8 damage, x4 crit range, and weigh 4lbs. With Crystal having time to study she can tell this is the barefoot creature you were all tracking earlier that killed the people in the caravan.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2019-11-01 at 10:51 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Amara

    Amara saw the creature go down, reloaded, and looked down the passage she was standing in to make sure more of those little devil creatures weren’t sneaking up on them.

    Assuming she doesn’t see any, she quickly rejoins the others.

    “What is going on here?” she asked, “I’ve never seen anything like this thing before either.” She nudged the corpse with her boot.
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Physically, he did nothing to defeat the shrieker. But it were his distractions which made the aberration vulnerable. This is what Joshua thinks. But he's not so much into self-congratulations, so... It's a group success!

    Seeing the thing going down, Joshua breathes out heavy. His shoulders lowers, his stomach hurts. It seems that he had shrunk a bit.

    A slap on his own cheek later, he stands there like nothing has happen (he plays it).

    He walks over to the beast, draws his new Kukri, puts it there, where the throat of a human should be, and cuts to be sure, you know.

    He wants the thing beheaded. For the neck, he needs help. Greatsword-like help. hey, Benedict he nods to his sword, then to the neck.

    Before standing up, Joshua takes one Handscythe. Can I have this?

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Benedict and the others cut down the creature that had filled Merienda with a cold, clammy fear. As the thing is slain, she gradually begins to come to her senses.

    "What was that thing... Calendi!" She gasps, and drops her bow, rushing over to the unconscious companion breathing weakly on the cave floor.

    She allows a small spark of magic to travel down from her arm into the bird, doing little more than staving off its death. While the others pick at the dead body or investigate, Meri looks pale and worried, sitting against the mine wall and cradling Calendi like a child, whispering to him calmly in druidic.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Minor Wounds on Calendi, which I believe stabilizes him at -8 (and also heals Meri for 1 thanks to share spells.)
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2019-11-04 at 01:43 PM.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Benedict nods to Joshua and hefts the sword once more before bringing it down forcefully on the neck of the creature to sever its head.

    "These creatures are devils of a strange sort. Normally when slain they would return back to their hellish plane of origin, yet these ones remain. Mayhaps humans...infused...with devilish power? Most strange; we should consult with those more learned than ourselves upon our return."

    He looks around at everyone still gathered.

    "How do you all fare? Are we capable of finishing our duty here and dispatching the other presences I sense within these mines?"

    He glances over at Merienda and Calendi and frowns subtly, completely unable to help having already used what little healing ability he had. He understood her pain, however, knowing how close his own bond was with Sigfried.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Daruk

    "Good job, team, this was a significant threat." The cleric is severely injured and recites a small prayer holding his silver holy symbol. "Let´s learn the lesson of the benefit of spreading out in such a situation," he continous, his methodical approach to combat betraying his military background. "I can offer a small amount of healing for three soldiers willing to join me in a swift prayer." He looks around the group to see who wants to receive some healing magic and you note that as a result of his prayer Daruk´s wounds are slowly closing.

    Spoiler: OoC / All
    Show

    I cast lesser vigor on myself. In addition I can convert 2 1st level spells for 1d8+2 healing each and 4 Oth level spells for 4 healing for those that request healing. Daruk is more than happy to blow his total spell allotment on the alleviation of your wounds. Note that converting takes a full round, so I need 30+ seconds to actually do this healing during which I (we) cannot move.

    DM: if you´re okay with us spending a little minute unthreatened, we can deal with the healing in the OoC.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Amara as the creature falls to the combined attacks of your allies you look back to make sure none of the devils have made there way back over in your general direction and are happy to see no new threats have emerged from deeper within the mine. However the victory is bittersweet as many of you are badly wounded, and it seems like Calendi is barely holding onto life. If you were to be attacked in this state you have no doubt the group would no doubt fall.

    Joshua and Benedict go about the grisly work of decapitating the abberation before you. It was a dangerous foe and if it was brought back by some fell power who knows what would happen. And so going with the tried and true method known to all, you cut off its head. Joshua takes the time after to look at the weapons the creature wields, and while they seem odd with a bit of training he is sure he could use them, at least if no one else wanted them.

    Meri leaning against the wall with Calendi in your hands you channel your druidic magic through your shared link and watch as your friends breathing becomes more regular and the wounds stop openly bleeding out. He is out of danger for now you are sure, however he will need a lot of rest to recover properly.

    From what you all know from stories and legend devils return to their native plane when slain, however the bodies of all of these creatures have remained. Something very sinister is afoot, that much is clear and given the stories as well as first hand experience Ryl is known for his powers with summoning devils to his will. Could he be able to bind them here to his will? And if so why would he send you here after another if it was his plan?

    Knowing to press on without healing to be unwise the lot of you follow Daruk into the side room he can see lined with wooden boxes and barrels. In the center of the room lie two more dead corpses of the devils you fought earlier, however these two look like they were cut multipule times with the blades of the creature you just fought. Like the other two you saw, they have nothing on them besides the picks they carried, as if they themselves were diabolic miners. As he leads a prayer circle for those willing to join him the rest of you search through the crates in the room looking for anything of use. Most of the stuff is simple miner tools, a pick here, hammer there. A few lanterns, and a few boxes of torches. However set aside in a box of its own is a more delicate box then the others, finely crafted with the symbol of the Lovers at the top, a lake with the sun in the sky and a beautiful day out, while inside the waters surface it shows a star filled night sky with a full moon.

    Opening the box made of polished hardwood from the local woods nearby are two potions of a deep red color, and a wand with a tree upon it. As well as seven hundred gold pieces.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Two potions of Cure light Wounds, and a wand of Cure Light Wounds Loot will be more random after this.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Merienda lets out a small sigh of relief as she sees that Calendi will make it. Still, it makes continuing challenging.

    "I'm... not sure what to do. I can continue, but Calendi can't in his current state. I could carry him, but if we run into another of those... things, the sounds it makes might kill him. I'm not willing to leave him here in case something else comes along." She bites her bottom lip a bit in a mix of concern and thought. "Perhaps I should stay here? If any creatures come along I can defend this space and ensure you all have somewhere safe to fall back to if you need. And if you find any more survivors you would be able to send them to me."
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Crystal

    "That might not be necessary," Crystal reassures Merienda, having scavenged some of her arrows from the corpse of the creature. "There are two healing potions here, plus a wand. Can anybody here use a wand? That wasn't covered in my training unfortunately. I think it would be a good idea for us all to heal up before continuing."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2019-11-07 at 01:49 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    "Oh, perfect!" Merienda nods.

    Unless others object, she taps into the magic of the wand and waves it over Calendi, herself, and the others that were injured.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Amara glances around a moment as everyone set about healing. She was glad she wasn’t injured at all, but also felt a bit guilty. Looking around for something to do, she recovered the crossbow bolts she’d fired which had stopped in mid-air.
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Issarel Clanyr

    Issarel tensed behind the corner, prepared to shoot the obscene horror in the face when it inevitably pursued her. Fortunately, that never came to pass as her new companions rushed towards the danger and slew the fiend. She let out a shaky breath as she relaxed the elven bow, and slumped against the wall. She was shaken, this was real, with real life and death yet it reminded her of some nightmare HE would make her imagine, but, here at least, it was real, she could do something about it, and finally, she was not alone and if she died, she would die free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Wolfe
    "That might not be necessary," Crystal reassures Merienda, having scavenged some of her arrows from the corpse of the creature. "There are two healing options here, plus a wand. Can anybody here use a wand? That wasn't fair in my training unfortunately. I think it would be a good idea for us all to heal up before continuing."
    Issarel composes herself as best she can and rejoins the others.

    "An excellent idea, I might be able to use the wand...some healing magic is not unknown to minstrels such as myself." She says as she tries to recover her two embarassingly hasty shots.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Almost an entire minute goes by before the party is once more ready to move, however the question becomes where to now? There are still two fully unexplored mine shafts still simply from where you have started, and you know for a fact that one of your enemies fled of down one of them, while Benedicts holy powers was able to sense a large group of evil forces closer to the south west. Thankfully none of them had the aura of the creature you just faced meaning they should be a breeze for all of you, however their numbers seemed at the very least equal to your own. And if the first encounter with them proved anything, they relied a great deal on trickery and traps.

    As you are all waiting the sounds of someone calling for help can be heard not far from you, while deeper in the mine screams of pain can be heard.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Amara

    Amara looked around at the faces of her companions while everyone healed their wounds to gauge their reactions to the magic. At some point she was probably going to be found out, and she wanted to know if she should tell the others or keep her abilities hidden as long as possible.

    Once they were done she moved to the nearest mine shaft.

    “Let’s see what’s in here first, we don’t want anything else to come out and cut us off if we need to run,” she said.

    Spoiler
    Show
    move to the green door at S13 and open it.
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Daruk

    Daruk follows Amara after picking up his torch and stowing his sword. "Allright, let´s stick together," he says, remembering they just were fighting on two fronts. But then he remembers that they were just en masse pummeled with sonic terror because they were too close to each other, "but not too close together." The priest frowns at his own words and continues his way mumbling.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    After being healed up via the wand, Benedict comments, "We should also determine who might best make use of the potions and split the gold. Though the gold can wait until we are out of this accursed place. I believe the potions should go to those of our group who do not have the favor of the divine."

    He then moves to follow Amara. After all, it would not do for her to get split off alone and killed.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    With herself and Calendi healed by the magic wand, Meri's mood lifts significantly. This mine was dangerous, but perhaps this errant band of strangers could solve that.

    She releases the bird to fly around the mine, and chastises him a bit. "That was close, Calendi... Be careful in here, there's not a great big sky to fly around in."

    The elf gets up and follows the others. "I suppose that's safer, but those people screaming and calls for help may need our help right now." Merienda looks towards the source of the cries as if she'd rather run towards it, but isn't foolish enough to run off without the group.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    So... Then the potions should belong to me? I'm not blessed with the power of the gods...
    Joshua says in response.

    Then he walks over to Issarel. Calmly he asks her Are you okay?

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    As the group follows Amara towards the sound of the person calling for help you watch as a simple wooden door has been constructed. Pushing it open you find a short hallway which leads to a very large open room, with the opposite wall looking like it had caved in. Besides the wall with a few rocks covering what appears to be his legs is a body where the call for help seem to be emanating from.

    Map

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Quote Originally Posted by Fliggl View Post
    So... Then the potions should belong to me? I'm not blessed with the power of the gods...
    Joshua says in response.

    Then he walks over to Issarel. Calmly he asks her Are you okay?
    Issarel Clanyr

    Issarel nods that she's okay, despite herself. Hearing the calls, she composes herself and moves forward to act, alert for danger.

    "We should help."

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Search: (1d20+9)[14]
    Spot: (1d20+8)[28]
    Listen: (1d20+8)[11]
    Last edited by Ancient; 2019-11-09 at 02:04 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Amara

    “Oh no,” Amara said, moving into the room and seeing the mostly buried individual.

    “Quick, anyone think they can lift those rocks?” she asked.
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •