Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 749
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    "Flying to tear apart my enemies clad in flames... IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!" Eris launches herself towards the target, flying as fast as she can while her sword bursts in flames.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Eris can feel a sudden spike of remorse, depression, unrelenting sadness spearing into her mind.

    And she responds with a roar of anger and a burning flame in her mind shouting challenge and refusing to be bowed.

    The humanoid figure, which you can see is a man as you draw rapidly nearer, spooks and starts running.

    You will soon be in range of the abominations.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Eris feels cold realism seep into her mind. She grins, realizing that the malaise was scratching at her mind.
    "As if..." she says, rising her flaming sword "AS IF YOU MONSTERS CAN BREAK MY WILL!" she charges at the fleeing figure, ready to lower her sword.
    For a moment she thinks that they have no actual proof that this guy is even bad.
    But if someone is strong enough to chill out with abomination he sure as hell wouldn't run from Eris' challenge, right?
    "SAY HI TO THE REAPER 'CAUSE I'M SENDING YOU IN THE ABYSS!"

    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    I'm assuming she can reach him after moving for 120 feet before and a maximum of 60 now.

    She's going to ignore the other enemies, although if she can she'll avoid AoO's by moving around (but the main concern is reaching the target)

    Bonus Action to get advantage and 5 temporary hit points.

    Attack Action:
    (1d20+6)[20] or (1d20+6)[17]
    (1d20+6)[7] or (1d20+6)[12]

    Damage is (2d6)[2][6](8)+3 and (2d6)[4][2](6)+3
    Rerolling 1s and 2s on damage (4d6)[6][5][5][2](18)

    Then Action Surge to Attack again
    Attack Action:
    (1d20+6)[17] or (1d20+6)[15]
    (1d20+6)[16] or (1d20+6)[18]

    Damage is (2d6)[1][2](3)+3 and (2d6)[5][1](6)+3
    Rerolling 1s and 2s on damage (4d6)[6][5][1][6](18)

    The first attack that hits also adds (2d6)[7] of fire damage and sets the enemy in flames (at the start of each of his turns he makes a constitution save with DC 13 or takes 1d6 damage. Passing the save ends it, or if he uses an action or gets drenched in water.

    Total is:
    1st attack 15 damage with 20 to hit
    2nd attack 12 damage with 12 to hit
    3rd attack 10 damage with 17 to hit
    4th attack 14 damage with 18 to hit

    The first that hits also deals 7 fire damage
    Last edited by Valmark; 2019-11-14 at 09:02 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  4. - Top - End - #334
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    The first blow, wreathed in flames, bisects the man. The following slices turn him into even smaller pieces, especially the head-you saw what happened last time.

    As the man dies, you feel the malaise lift. The air grows warmer, your head clears, and you smile.

    You also feel...

    Spoiler: Abomination Attacks
    Show
    (1d20+6)[25]
    (1d20+6)[7]
    (3d8+4)[18]

    (1d20+6)[16]
    (1d20+6)[12]
    (3d8+4)[23]

    (1d20+6)[9]
    (1d20+6)[20]
    (3d8+4)[17]

    (1d20+6)[10]
    (1d20+6)[12]
    (3d8+4)[14]

    (1d20+6)[20]
    (1d20+6)[26]
    (3d8+4)[19]

    (1d20+6)[7]
    (1d20+6)[13]
    (3d8+4)[16]

    Six big boys with disadvantage-they're siege beasts, not minion munchers.

    (1d20+5)[17]
    (2d6+2)[5]

    (1d20+5)[8]
    (2d6+2)[11]

    (1d20+5)[17]
    (2d6+2)[6]

    (1d20+5)[9]
    (2d6+2)[10]

    (1d20+5)[22]
    (2d6+2)[11]

    (1d20+5)[10]
    (2d6+2)[7]

    Smaller beasts.

    If any of the bigger boys hit you, get grappled. Escape DC is 14, but you have disadvantage.

    Edit: Looks like...

    5 Misses from Big Boys. But one hit-for 19 damage.

    1 Hit from little boys, for 11.

    30 damage total, and you're grappled.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-11-14 at 09:18 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    NANI!?
    As Eris cut the man open in a single swing, Leflabah cried out in what was nearly joy. At last this town would help them save itself. When hands of meat and bone held Eris in place, she gasped in shock.
    "Tza'i masham, tza'i masham" she chanted, as though "get out of there" were a spell.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Eris didn't have time to rejoice as the world went black from the shadows of the gigantic monsters that covered her. She tried to dodge them but the "little" ones grabbed her, slamming her around before she felt an enormous... hand? Tentacle? Pincer? It didn't matter much beyond pain.
    "Sorry you monsters..." she says, spitting blood.
    "I'M A FREAKING HERO AND NO ONE CAN TIE ME DOWN!" she screams in defiance, grabbing the walls of her fleshy cage and forcing it open.
    The second she's free she soars away leaving a trail of purple flumes, trying to dodge the monster's arms.

    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Yeah, you can guess. Main priority is getting out of range.

    Also, she'll disengage if possible. i won't feel safe until she's drinking beer at the tavern.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2019-11-14 at 09:53 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  7. - Top - End - #337
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+6)[19]
    (1d20+6)[22]
    (3d8+4)[12]

    (1d20+6)[14]
    (1d20+6)[19]
    (3d8+4)[17]

    (1d20+6)[24]
    (1d20+6)[13]
    (3d8+4)[17]

    (1d20+6)[10]
    (1d20+6)[24]
    (3d8+4)[14]

    Six big boys with disadvantage-they're siege beasts, not minion munchers.

    (1d20+5)[23]
    (2d6+2)[6]

    (1d20+5)[23]
    (2d6+2)[7]

    (1d20+5)[25]
    (2d6+2)[11]

    (1d20+5)[12]
    (2d6+2)[11]

    Smaller beasts.

    If any of the bigger boys hit you, get grappled. Escape DC is 14, but you have disadvantage.

    Less are attacking as they have the chance, and this is physical damage (so it gets halved).

    That being said, a big boy hit will interrupt your flight, which is obviously bad news bears.

    Edit: One big boy for 12 (6) damage, and three little dudes for 6 (3), 7 (3), and 18 (9) damage. Rolled crits on my own, got a 7 on 2d6.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-11-14 at 09:57 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    If she dies it's on you, Leff realized as she pointed a trembling finger.
    Fire is useless here. There's nothing you can do.
    "I can burn hotter." Leff aimed into the melee with a hand of orange fire.
    "Kadör Ahash!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    You know this song and dance... Spell sculpting around Eris but hitting everything else.

    [ROLL]8d6[/roll[
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Eris joy is short lived. She feels pain, claws and hands scratching at her skin, while she once again feels the embrace of the monsters pull her down.
    "MOVE ASIDE!" she screms as the prison envelopes her. She's sure something snapped. But it doesn't matter.
    She doesn't need bones to fly. She only needs to be alive.
    "I WILL HAVE YOUR BLOOD ON MY BLADE AFTER THIS! I SAID MOVE!" she screams pushing away the monster's appendices and recovering her desperate flight.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    And then darkness covers her, as a hand closes around her.
    "NO YOU B-" She slams head first into the flesh wall.
    That's it. She can fly with bones broken. She can't fly with a smashed body.
    She feels nothing while she gets crushed. The pain's already beyond understanding.
    º...we won. With all three if us we turned around the fate of a whole city, uh?º
    Is she crying? She doesn't know. There's way to many liquids mixed together at this point.
    ºIt took ten of you to kill me you monsters. Tsk. And Leff will burn you all anyway. Goodbye, the Order of the Plume wonº
    With her last speck of consciousness she thinks of Leff. She never asked about the black fire.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2019-11-14 at 10:25 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Leflabah watched Eris's body break. She felt her fire of life crackle to an ember, then get stomped out.
    Leflabah knew that she had lost the only person who believed she could become better when Scribe had vanished - died?

    But now she was staring, watching somebody die for her. Somebody who believed that she was already good.
    Hot tears like lava streamed down her cheeks, singing scars into place there. Maybe they would never heal. Maybe she didn't want them to.

    A heat Leff had never felt before uncoiled like a dragon in her gut. Her voice amplified as she screamed. There was something primordial about her voice, not in the language but older. This was the scream of a woman defying reality; after all, why else had she studied magic?

    Fire, not purple and harmless but orange and hot, wrapped around Leff's body as she leapt off the wall, streaking in a line of heat and rage until she floated right above the monster holding her friend.

    She stared down at it, not a word passing through her mouth. She waited a moment, took a single breath.

    Charged down at Eris's body.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If they have readied actions to attack, I'll have Shield up for 23 AC. It doesn't matter if I lose concentration as long as I reach her body.


    Spoiler: Turn 2
    Show
    Once her hands touched the tiefling, Leff spoke a spell she'd only tried once before. "Tza'i masham!"
    She and Eris were consumed in fire, and a moment later Leff and the tiefling's body in her arms appeared in front of Variel in a portal of hot red flames.
    "Get me diamonds," Leff ordered.
    "Then wake me up." And she collapsed, falling on her face.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-11-14 at 10:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada, Pacific Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Ever the meticulous planner, Variel was so taken aback by Eris' sudden flight over the wall that he couldn't even protest, let alone help her. His heart leapt as he watched Eris hack apart the enemy mage, even as he seethed at the action happening beyond his reach. As the malaise lifted, his true emotions flooded in at the same time as he watched Eris get pulled down by the nightmarish horde.

    He felt somehow humbled.

    This time, as Leflabah flew out to retrieve Eris he cast a protective ward on her as she leapt out.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shield of Faith should still reach her 60' out for another +2 AC. For what it's worth (and should I even bother rolling?) he will Eldritch Blast at the enemy with the rest of that time.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2019-11-14 at 11:03 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Leflabah, armored with Variel's magic, leaps to the sky to recover Eris' body before it's too dismembered to bring back.

    She dives down, avoiding the blows of the abominations, and grabs hold of the corpse. She teleports back, and collapses, dropping Eris' dead form. Guards swarm your position, helping carry the body, carrying Leflabah, seeing if anyone needs assistance.

    It's some four hours before Leflabah wakes up again-in that time, Variel has been leading the recovery of the people from the malaise. Having been dealing with it for much longer, it's not as quick to vanish even with the source gone, but with Variel's strong leadership the governing body and military leaders are quick to come to, even if the populace will need time.

    Unfortunately, despite having the body, there's no restorative magic you have access to that can restore Eris to life at the moment.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-11-15 at 07:17 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Leff awoke and felt her face. Two scars burned into her cheeks told her that it was all read. It had really happened.
    She pushed herself up and had many questions - where was she? How long had she been asleep? Was she indoors or what? But those questions faded once she saw Eris’s body.
    Leff scrambled for her spellbook, then took a breath. Rushing would only make this take longer.
    She withdrew a pen from its pocket at the back of her spellbook and began to write. Based on another spell she had, Revivify, she was pretty sure she could make a version that had more knockback, but would work for how long Eris had been dead. She worked at it for much of the morning, if indeed it was morning.By the time she felt ready to look at Eris's body, she had added four spells to her spellbook, one that she had only learned in a spur of the moment.
    Eris was missing an arm, and Leff had nothing to save her with.
    You couldn't save all of her. How could you have? You're a being of destruction.
    Leff took another breath. "Hadrackah." She calmed her thoughts and thought back in all her research for a solution: had she ever heard of a scroll that would help?

    Still, she couldn't act on that just yet. Leff withdrew her healer's kit from its place at her left side and began to go to work knitting skin back together, bandaging Eris's arm stump, setting bones right, to ensure that when Eris came back to life it would not just be to die once again.

    After all that she began the spell. She placed a copper piece over either of Eris’s eyes and put one hand over her heart.

    "Nahat ah’dinah. Nahat ah’dinah." She kept at this for a ten minutes, and she did not know when she stopped speaking Primordial and began speaking Common.
    Hold on for me... hold on for me."
    Black fire poured out of Leflabah’s hands and rinsed over Eris’s body, preserving her for ten days.
    ”Variel, we need to find a place to store her while we’re here."
    It wasn’t a question.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  15. - Top - End - #345
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Variel is not present at the moment-busy rallying the forces. But, almost as soon as you woke up, a runner was sent to him to let him know you're awake.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Variel, show up whenever.


    One of the healers of the infirmary you're at says "You should rest-you overexerted yourself out there. We can make sure that the body stays safe-I believe we have acolytes who can keep it preserved as well, if you have a way of bringing her soul back. If you can't... She died a hero. She'll get a hero's rest here."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Leff stood up, buckling her spellbook and Kit in place.
    "I‘ll go with you." She ignored the direction to rest, but allowed the healers to handle the body.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Darkness. Darkness was all that she could see.
    She felt in pieces. It was the only thing she could think of, the only thing she could sense. Like being a broken window that someone smashed out of fun.
    There wasn't a single coherent thought inside her. Every time she tried to formulate a sentence, to gather herself, she felt her mind slip like sand between the fingers.
    And yet, she was dead certain she wasn't dying. Something inside her -something primeval, a force she couldn't quite grasp- was keeping her together, like a bundle of broken shards.
    "Why are you dying?" something asked.
    As if she could answer it. She couldn't do anything. She had succeded, right? She must have done so. So she can die.
    "And this is alright to you. Didn't you swear you'd destroy them all? Was it all an act?"
    ...it must've been, right? She had been crushed in a matter of seconds, after all. She remembered the pain from the wall. She wondered if her horns were alright.
    ...she wondered?
    "...I'm...n...not... al...right..."
    She could feel the shards melting together. Now she felt more like inside a furnace, a feeling she welcomed. It reminded her of someone.
    "Are you going to leave them alone?They are heading off to a war" the voice told her.
    "Just... shut... up..." she said. She grabbed an hammer. Of course there would be an hammer near a furnace. She dragged her body -or whatever passed for grabbing and dragging for her- upon the anvil.
    "I... am NOT... DEAD..." the pain she felt when she smashed her body with it was excruciating.
    "GIVE ME BACK... MY BODY... AND MY LIFE!" with that Eris lowered her hammer on her head, and she saw nothing no more.

    *********

    Eris screamed, rolling down from the bed.
    "Where am I..." she said, feeling weak. She thought something was off. She tried standing up grabbing the bed for support with her right arm, but nothing moved.
    Glancing down, she noticed the clear lack of... anything where her hand should've been.
    "Oh... this is great... REALLY GREAT!" she screams bashing the bed with the left arm, causing her to fall flat ln the ground with nothing to support her.
    She glanced at her hand, looking non-chalantly at the bruised hand. She wasn't feeling pain. In fact, she wasn't feeling anything at all. She had sutures all over her arm too, as if someone patched her up like some kind of grotesque tapestry. Wasn't her skin more red last time she looked?
    "UGH... IS THERE ANYONE IN THIS DAMNED PLACE!?" she screamed, trying to work out how to stand up without forgetting the missing arm. Trying to ignore the little voice telling her that she should be reacting more to it. The little voice telling her that something fundamental was missing.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  18. - Top - End - #348
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    The healers and acolytes in the room are frozen in disbelief. But Lef is nearby, right at the entrance of the room.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada, Pacific Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Variel had no time to mourn Eris or tend to Leff. He'd believed that with the malaise's source destroyed, the enemy might mount an assault before the defenders could to shake off its effects and organize, and he'd gone to help rally the troops. And he would not be seen getting misty-eyed over the loss of a comrade—the city needed stone-cold stoicism and he knew he had to lead by example.

    But after four hours, there was no sign that such an attack was coming, and Variel was was ready to breathe a cautious sigh of relief. The malaise was not the only hourglass in play—the city still had starvation, enemy siegecraft, and ordinary loss of morale to contend with later—but those were less immediately urgent. When a runner arrived to inform him that Leff had awoken, he took his leave to see her, and pay proper respects to Eris' remains.

  20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Leflabah was frozen, staring at Eris as she stood up, her skin now a duller, grayed red.
    But it was undeniably Eris. Leff blinked a few times, then pointed at the nearest acolyte.
    ”Get me a pearl.”
    Then she ran to Eris and wrapped her in a tight hug.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    After a brief moment, the acolyte nods, and rushes out.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Eris finally standed up, surveying the room.
    She looked at everyone before fixing her eyes on Leff, confused.
    "Why are you a-" but she gets interrupted by the other running to hug her.
    "I... fine. Explain later" she says, putting a head over her head in an awkward hug.
    Eris was feeling strange. Of course she was happy but... why did it feel so cold? No, not even that. It didn't feel like a hug at all, if it wasn't for the force she wouldn't even be noticing it.
    She did notice Variel coming in.
    "Hey there, guess who didn't die after all" she told him, waving at him. If the ineffective movement of the missing limb counted as waving.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    "I'm so sorry, Eris. I sent you in there without thinking. I was blinded by my anger. I killed you, Eris, as sure as if I'd ripped you open myself." Hot wet tears fell onto Eris's stump shoulder.
    "I swear I will fix this. Ani atz'il autkach."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Eris raised an eyebrow.
    "What do you mean you kill- oh." she stopped, realizing only then what was missing. One little thing everyone has from the start. She wasn't breathing.
    "I... ugh... that... explains everything" Eris says, suddenly feeling unstable on her legs.
    So she was a corpse. That's why she wasn't feeling anything, like heat, touch, pain. Or why her color was off.
    Her hand -the left one, this time- left Leff to touch the horns.
    Then she looked sideways to check for the tail.
    "I..." she didn't know what to say. She felt uncharacteristically calm. Which in turn was disturbing her. It was like something blocked her from being too emotional. Too human.
    "...Did you patch me up? Because if you did, we are even" she finally says.
    "You didn't kill me. I'm not some kind of pawn who couldn't think for herself, I could've handled that better in all sort of ways. You couldn't kill me if you tried, and I mean it in a 'I trust you' sort of way. If anything, I should be sorry for not noticing it" she moved her hand to dry Leff's tears. She wonderd if they were supposed to be hot to the touch. All of this was some sort of macabre irony, really.
    "Just... please don't tell me one of you two turned me in this. Because I have very mixed feelings about being like this. Or I would have them if my head. Was. Working"
    She was actively trying to have a substantial reaction. And yet, all she could think of really was to get out there and go finish the job. Whatever it was.
    "How much time passed?"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    "...Did you patch me up? Because if you did, we are even" she finally says.
    Leff nodded at this. "Best I could."

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    she moved her hand to dry Leff's tears.
    "Just... please don't tell me one of you two turned me in this. Because I have very mixed feelings about being like this. Or I would have them if my head. Was. Working"
    Leff was filled with doubt. Had the black fire turned Eris into this? Had she done it?
    "I don't think so. I did cast a spell on you just before you got up, but it actually generally prevents bodies from rising as undead."

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    "How much time passed?"
    "I'm not sure. I passed out after I got your body."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Eris laughed, almost genuinely.
    "Now, that failed spectacularly then. But maybe it's thanks to you that I didn't come back as some evil horror and instead it's regular old me... partly. Figuratively and physically" she gestured at the arm "Good thing you recovered the tail. Now THAT would've pissed me off" she said, slapping the ground to prove the point.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    "Yes, and I need to find out of the spell had any affect at all. It should extend the amount of time in which I have to bring you back for real, but if it didn't stop this then it may not have worked at all. I don't know if I can master the magic required to bring you back in only a week," Leff explained.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    "...Alright, as long as I don't have to die again. From what I gathered this wasn't supposed to happen and nothing says it could happen again. For what's worth, in a war like this a corpse might be better then a real body. I threw a punch at the bed before and I didn't feel the slightest pain" she showed them the damaged knucles.
    "Variel, do you know what's the situation out there?"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada, Pacific Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Variel was struck speechless that Eris had been revived as an undead. He didn't react until addressed directly a second time, and his hand had been drifting towards his weapon.

    "...All quiet so far."

  30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Order Of The Shining Plume [IC]

    Leff backed off of Eris for the moment.
    "How long was I asleep?" she asked.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •