Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 339
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    A minute is spent on the Positive, soaking up the ambient life of the source of creation's beings. It's bright there, very bright, and warm, a soothing golden warmth that soaks into your bones. Then Shovash casually summons forth another gate, another hole in the fabric of reality itself, and you step through into Sothis.

    The stone streets are crowded, masses of people fleeing but with no clear notion of which direction safety lies in. In the distance, you see Stars Falling, towering over the buildings. Four arms end in hands with long, delicate fingers. It is facing in your direction, its face featureless - no mouth, no eyes, just blank dark skin where they should be. People hang in the air around it, most of them unconscious or dead.

    Tolben summons a disposable creature and sends it in, in the protection of a life bubble. It seems able to breathe near it (and indeed, considering that those nearby without protection are already having some difficulty, this suggests that it works). It gets within three hundred feet and though it is still able to breathe, it begins to move towards the titanic Primordial, struggling to maintain distance, let alone get away.

    Stars Falling is some thousand feet away, floating fifty feet above the street.

    Aiva howls. Cho looks very intimidated. Cass...looks inscrutable.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Ragnar lifts into the air as he wraps the stinging bite of fey thorns around him once more, and glides towards Stars Falling above and ahead of the main body of the group. It remains to be seen what effect his bolts will have on the Primordial, but with any luck it will still be vulnerable to getting shot full of holes.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Engage Vanishing Trick, Move 90ft.

    Spoiler: Buffs
    Show

    Reduce Person (CL20?)
    Haste (CL20?)
    Greater Invisibility (CL20)
    Sense Vitals (CL15)
    Hermean Potential (CL20?)
    Greater Angelic Aspect (CL20?)

    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-11-29 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Dharmesh stares at the primordial, regarding it with a trace of awe before uttering an incantation that leaves his form shimmering, before an identical, albeit illusory copy appears next to him. "Such a strange beauty. It is a shame we must destroy its form. Shovash, when you summon your creatures, would you mind sending one to watch over my body? My spell requires I render it useless for a time."
    After waiting a moment to hear a confirmation, he soars down, looking for a building that seems empty to sit down in.

    Spoiler: Buffs
    Show
    Haste on everyone and their mother, naturally.
    Hermean potential on Ragnar, Aiva, Cho, and Shovash
    Burning 1 MP to cast Psychic Image, link below.
    https://www.aonprd.com/SpellDisplay....sychic%20Image

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    "Y'know, I'd normally call something like this a big ugly or something, but somehow it doesn't seem to fit this time, Damien jokes as he conjures a crackling ball of lightning and a matching one of flame in his hands, tossing them casually in the direction of the primordial. They take off from his hands with far more speed than would be indicated by his weak throw and explode against the distant titan's form.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Intensified Empowered Elemental (lighning) fireball and intensified quickened fireball. Mostly just feeling out if fire or lightning seem to be viable here. Lightning ball does 94 damage, Fireball 50. DC's are both 27 Reflex.

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Damien's ball of lightning crackles over the Primordial's flesh, digging in and gouging divots out. It dodge the worst of the fire, though, and what's left is barely enough to singe it.

    And then, suddenly, it is standing in your midst, close enough to touch. A voice speaks in your minds, deep and resonating and full of complex motions and vast force. Hello, little ones. I was wondering when you would arrive.

    It doesn't gesture or speak out loud, but suddenly, a plane of energy appears, a genuinely two-dimensional plane of pure telekinetic force, the size of a large sword. It slices at Damien, a rough swing but one driven by such precision and raw force that it strikes home anyway, laying him open before he pulls away.

    Cho coughs, then begins to sing. "There's a humming in the restless summer air," she says, and her voice and manner gain confidence as she sings, filling with fury and power. "And we're slipping off the course that we prepared." She gestures, and the motion grows faster as she moves, speed and precision filling her.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Damien takes 21 force damage. Your turn.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Ragnar levels Greta and fires off a bolt - only to find it arcing around the great Primordial in a curve and streak back to hit himself with every bit of the accuracy he had imparted on it.

    "I didn't do that! Honest!"

    This enemy, unsurprisingly, seemed to be far better prepared for their abilities than either of the ones before. It would take careful study to figure out a way past its defenses, and so Ragnar withdraws to a distance instead of continuing his assault, negating the pull of the gravity aura.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Shoot myself for 90, Move 90ft. away, get dragged 20ft. back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Tolben sees the arrow sticking out of Ragnar. He looks rather unhappy.

    "Damn it, Ragnar, don't you dare die!"

    He then turns to look at the Primordial.

    "You need to be contained."

    With that, he shapeshifts into a huge black dragon and flies at top speed, arriving directly next to Stars Falling. The power of the Void is unleashed, leaving the Primordial vulnerable; hissing in an arcane language, Tolben attempts to excise its presence from the surface. Finally, he teleports back to the group.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Reveal Weakness: -10 AC and saves.
    Coupled Arcana, Arcane Surge, Imprisonment: Touch attack [roll]1d20 + 22[/roll]
    (touch would normally be +12, -2 Huge, +5 for +10 Str from dragon, +3 for +6 Str from Raging Song, +2 for Aura of Prescience, +1 for Haste, +1 for Bless)
    Will DC 36 (If the Primordial were non-Mythic, it would have to roll twice and take the lower. As it is, -10 from Reveal Weakness helps)
    vs SR: [roll]1d20 + 30[/roll] [roll]1d20 + 30[/roll] (take the higher)
    Quickened Dimension Door

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    "What? Dharmesh?! Don't...! UGH." Shovash ultimately spends long enough glaring in disgust at the retreating Samsaran that she nearly misses Stars Falling's arrival in their midst. She doesn't immediately respond to the mental voice either—she looks up, but her expression is more annoyed than intimidated. Shovash had never been much for displaying fear. It isn't until Damien's relatively minor injury that she even turns to look at it, despite already being pulled into the air.

    "Fine. No, it's fine. I didn't want to focus on putting down the renegade totem pole. That's fine. I'll just babysit." She keeps rising as she complains about it, and the vortex of dust being pulled up after her doesn't appear to be doing anything to resist that. In fact—

    "Bet’ami bizu isitinifasi serik’ewali," she growls, then launches herself upward, with the pull from the titan, to a perch on its abdomen. That's where the breeze that had followed her really picks up. "ነፋሱ ይኖረኛል!" she shouts, shaping the stream with one hand while she clings to the side of the promordial with the other.

    Spoiler: Abyssal
    Show
    You have stolen too much breath.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    IDK if moving into its space provokes an attack of opportunity. She's four sizes smaller; you tell me. She's summon monster 9ing some air elementals, so that'll take until her next turn to finish. Flagbearer is not currently active, but I think everyone has better going already or just doesn't need it, plus GAA triggers the shield already.
    Last edited by Sepulchritude; 2019-12-02 at 10:10 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Damien grunts with pain as the force-blade cuts into him, but the wound doesn't last; the remaining positive energy knitting his flesh back together as though no blow had ever landed. Seeing Tolben open a hole in the primordial's defenses (and wanting to show off a bit with Cass around) he yells "STOP" and the world obeys. He takes a brief moment to whisper to Beatrice, "Let's put on a real show here, ok girl?" The raven caws once in response, the sound echoing unnaturally with power as Damien begins throwing balls of energy, some crackling with lightning, others barely contained flames or too dense ice, all positively humming with potential power and ready to explode. In total, there are 18 orbs floating around all parts of the titanic being when Damien finally allows reality to continue which explode in a dazzling display once he does, panting with exhaustion from the effort.

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Gazing through the illusion toward the primordial, Dharmesh answers it in much the same tone as it addressed them. "Greetings, Stars Falling. It is a pleasure to meet you, and a shame that you must fall here."
    He raises his palm, releasing a beam of pale green energy, which somehow manages to go wide.
    Seeing the failure of his first offense, he lowers his hand and extends his awareness, tearing away at the Primordial with the sheer force of his mind.

    Spoiler: Actions undertaken
    Show
    S.A to cast Disintegrate, then burning 8 phrenic points to quicken Psychic Crush v

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    The Primordial rocks back on its heels as blast after blast rocks it from Damien's magic. However, the power seems unable to take a strong hold on it, and when the waves of flame and thunder and the acrid smell of the acid fades, it is still standing, more or less intact. The green ray of the disintegration deflects away from it, caught by the warped air around it and sent flying into a nearby building, which collapses as the magic strikes it.

    You disincorporated my kith. That is a deed worthy of respect. Please understand, I use my full power not because I hold any malice towards you, but as a show of respect for yours. The Primordial's mental voice carries a faint note of regret, like vinegar inside your mind, but no remorse.

    The world bends, raw telekinetic force seizing hold of you and wrenching. At the same time, gravity shifts. Rather than being pulled towards Stars Falling, the force of the earth holding you down redoubles. Flight becomes extraordinarily hard.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    The winds that had encircled Shovash, nearly tornado-force by that time, abruptly stop. There's just a single beat of the terrible force, just barely enough to understand what it's doing to everyone and just how hard it's going to crush them. Then the world equalizes again with a suddenness so intense, that audible *snap* was probably the fluid splashing around inside everyone's inner ear. There is no struggle, no resistance, just—

    "You will heed us! As your kith have! As the gods have!"

    ...just Shovash tearing holes in the world again. Somewhere on the plane of air, in that moment, a whole cloud of lightning bolts collapse into balls at once.

    Spoiler: We counterspellin'
    Show
    That's the daily use on the headband of doing exactly this and one successful dispel check. Third level spell, ugly. Eat it.
    Last edited by Sepulchritude; 2019-12-06 at 11:52 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Tolben watches the release of magic appreciatively as Shovash disrupts the Primordial's attack.

    "Stars Falling, you have chosen to fight - your words change nothing."

    He invisibly turns to address the others.

    "It deflects the first strike every few seconds - no more."

    Tolben gives a brief incantation, and the world itself seems almost to unravel; even the most powerful of magics must dissipate into the Void in the face of his spell. He then readies himself for a response.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Rod of Quicken Spell, Mage's Disjunction on Stars Falling
    Readied Standard Action: cast Maximized Intensified Empowered Battering Blast if Stars Falling attempts a spell/ability

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    The invisible plane of force continues to slice at Damien as Shovash tears the Primordial's spell to shreds. Cass twitches, her head hanging sideways, eyes just black pits in her face, but she doesn't cast anything just yet, her expression flickering between fear and a strange, crooked smile. Cho shows no such hesitation, and throws herself into a dead sprint at the creature, her jaws opening horrendously wide and snapping closed with a chunk of the Primordial's flesh between her teeth. Aiva's charge fumbles, though, her crimson blade glancing off its hide.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just wrapping up its turn and the NPCs. Damien takes another 11 force damage.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    This time, Shovash doesn't waste time before skipping time. She shouts the right words, and the Dimension of Time disjoins from the Material for what is technically no time at all. And then she shouts some more words, about people and breathing and distance and pull, and most of the enormous storm of clouds around her breaks apart and moves double-time toward the nearest floating victims of Stars Falling's aura. The last plunges toward the ground and whips in through the window of one of the buildings below.

    Spoiler: Time Stop
    Show
    Eleven greater air elementals with orders to gently gather up floaters and help them breath, if they're not dead, while carrying them away from the primordial until they no longer feel pulled toward it. One obligingly heading down to play sentinel for Dharmesh.


    Spoiler: Cloud friends
    Show
    Each one is Huge with 24 strength, so that's 930+ lbs of light load carrying. "Gently" here is meant to specifically exclude whirlwind form so they don't kill their cargo. Flight speed of 100' (perfect)
    Last edited by Sepulchritude; 2019-12-09 at 05:27 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Damien lets out a string of curses between gasping breaths when his massive, beautiful explosion seemingly does little more than mildly inconvenience the giant primordial. Hearing Tolben's shout, however, he calls out, "You hear that Ragnar? If it redirects this, then maybe Greta can get some work done!" As he speaks, he lets loose with the weakest spell he knows, a minuscule little bolt of frost that shoots from his index finger towards Stars Falling. That out of the way, he decides to change his tactics slightly and attempt to impede the titan's actions, since simply blasting it into next year had clearly not yielded the desired result. Instead, he summons five balls of lightning right next to Stars Falling, empowered to daze rather than destroy, then with but a thought moves them directly into it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quickened ray of frost for 1 damage

    Dazing Ball Lightning DC 34. Damage from balls this round is 8, 11, 13, 13, 13. Save negates all damage and the daze. If any of them get past resistance and SF fails the save, 4 round daze goes off.

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Ragnar gives an unseen nod, seeing Damien's frost-bolt fly through the air. He watches the icy missile, finger poised on Greta's trigger, until the ice is visibly seen to deflect against Stars Falling's warping barrier. The instant it begins to bend, he blurs into action and fires one bolt after another in rapid succession, a pititless flurry of projectiles that will hopefully pierce through the Primordial's defense. His last bolt is fired in tandem with a sudden movement upward, far enough away to hopefully obscure his new firing location against any targeted retaliation.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Full attack+Haste+Rapid Shot, then 1 MP for a Fleet Charge to shoot+move 90ft. upwards.

    AC61: 86 damage
    AC59: +115 damage (total 201)
    AC58: +94 damage (total 305)
    AC56: +111 damage (total 416)
    AC54: +108 damage (total 524)
    AC51: +111 damage (total 635)

    Clustered Shots totals everything before applying DR. If it's somehow immune to precision, 25% chance to bypass that for each hit. Each successful hit is also a 1d20+20 Dispel check against its lowest-CL active effect, and at least 1 hit applies a Dimensional Anchor effect for 1 round. Also 2 Dex damage per hit, but I assume it's immune to that.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-12-14 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    "How fascinating. You are a worthy opponent Stars Falling, but this will not last much longer I think." With that, he reaches his consciousness out towards the Primordial once again, looking around in the ravaged mental landscape after his previous assault for any chink in the armor to flood with creeping doubt and static.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    One MP burned for ego whip V, 8 phrenic burned for Mind Thrust V

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    An invisible plane of force appears, slicing at Damien along with the first one. Tolben casts his spell in time with it, blast after blast of raw force slamming into the Primordial...and dissipating harmlessly into the warping barrier around it.

    For the first time, a tone of anger enters the mental voice - or rather wrath, for anger seems too mild a word for a feeling that suffuses the mind-touch with such an intense note of fire and fury. You dare? You dare to turn motion against me, you dare to bring force against me, you dare?

    It ignores the bolts that slam home. It ignores the fact that its magic is unraveling around it. Still floating, still surrounded by warped air, it moves forward in a blur. Its arm slams down at him with the kind of force that could shatter a stone wall.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    32 damage to Damien from the first force sword critting. 19 damage to Damien from the second force sword hitting. 92 damage to Tolben from the slam.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Tolben seems too insubstantial to be anything but an illusion. Stars Falling is unable to disbelieve that seeming in time, and so its strike does little harm.

    Nonetheless, Tolben hisses angrily.

    "What? Impossible! You... you cheater! I'll get you for that! Now, be silent!"

    With that, Tolben abandons his dragon form and drifts even closer - so close he could reach out and grasp the Primordial. The draining influence of the Void is felt heavily upon the battlefield as he banishes air and forces Time itself to slow down.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Either move or 5ft step - as long as Stars Falling is adjacent. (This may risk AOOs, since invisibility is hardly a barrier right now.)
    Reveal Weakness (-10 AC/saves), Coupled Arcana: Arcane Surge: Call the Void. (Adjacent creatures take minor damage, fatigue (Reflex save DC 31). Can't breathe or speak regardless.)
    Quickened Slow (Will DC 30).


    (Edit: Call the Void is DC 31 thanks to Spell Focus (Evocation))
    Last edited by Hjolnai; 2019-12-18 at 04:15 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Shovash dares. Shovash always dares. Ever since she stopped being able to properly feel fear, daring has occupied very large portions of her time, really. But as ever, she doesn't fight on anyone's terms but her own. Stars Falling appears to be the avatar of force and movement. She denied it one, already.

    She disjoins time again. This time she completely disappears, but it's not hard to find her again. There's a hole in the sky now, right in front of the part of Stars Falling that looks like a chest, with wind billowing through from a different sky entirely. There's apparently a blizzard in that sky, because the wind that howls through and slams into the floating titan is full of snow and hail. Shovash is just barely visible, hovering in the center of the opening and completely heedless of the ice collecting on her feathers. She's not using either set of wings for flying, anyway. A large distortion in the air around the primordial's chest seems to cause the winds themselves to pile up and slow abruptly, and a thin mist encircles its head, just at the level of its missing eyes. Apparently, this is a Weather fight for her, as much as the last one was Fire. Stylish.

    Spoiler: Time Stop
    Show
    And here we have:
    • Condensed Ether in a 20' radius of where its heart would be
    • Mind Fog in a 20' cylinder around its brainpan
    • Winds of Vengeance so Shovash is protected from winds and gains maneuverability
    • BLOOD TENTACLES
    • Gate, to whatever the coldest, stormiest part of the plane of water is. She's immune to cold, and now also to wind, so let's party.
    • And as a last-round free action, she's raising the Godless battle standard. Just so it knows, you know?
    Last edited by Sepulchritude; 2019-12-23 at 11:50 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    You cannot destroy me! the mental voice rages as waves of razor-sharp ice lacerate its chest. Little mortals, this is not my end. When you are naught but dust I will be still here, I will always...you cannot...this isn't... The voice trails off into confusion, and Stars Falling...well, it falls.

    It hits the ground hard, as hard as a building dropped from an equivalent height. Things and people immediately start suffocating near it, and seem to be struggling to move out of the area until Shovash's guardian air elementals sweep down and begin carrying out those that are too close. The Primordial doesn't move. It is, to all appearances, dead, and it died confused.

    Spoiler: Shovash
    Show
    You can feel something worming its way into your mind as the Primordial falls, a twisting, writhing echo of a thing. Like movement. Like rhythmic, steady, forceful movement, working its way inside your soul. All the force that one being can bring to bear on another, crawling in and making itself at home.


    Spoiler: Tolben
    Show
    You can feel something worming its way into your mind as the Primordial falls, a twisting, writhing echo of a thing. Like movement. Like vast, ordered, patterned movement, working its way inside your soul. All the force that sends planets soaring through the void of space, crawling in and making itself at home.


    Spoiler: Dharmesh
    Show
    You can feel something worming its way into your mind as the Primordial falls, a twisting, writhing echo of a thing. Like movement. Like simple, small, countless movement, working its way inside your soul. All the force that starts thoughts spinning, crawling in and making itself at home.


    Spoiler: Ragnar
    Show
    You can feel something worming its way into your mind as the Primordial falls, a twisting, writhing echo of a thing. Like movement. Like rapid, sharp, precise movement, working its way inside your soul. All the force of a bolt slicing the air, crawling in and making itself at home.


    Spoiler: Damien
    Show
    As you are caught up in a gust of wind and pulled through into the stormy plane of water, you feel something worming its way into your mind, a twisting, writhing echo of a thing. Like movement. Like mad, chaotic, laughing movement, working its way inside your soul. All the force of a thousand concussive explosions, crawling in and making itself at home.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Shovash sighs heavily. "Careless!" she shouts at no one, inaudible anyway over the roar of the storm. Then she falls backward through the portal as though the wind were blowing the other way entirely. The cold, wet air continues to pour out into the desert sky for over a minute before she soars through again and lets it close behind her. It's actually chilly at ground level by then, but of course it won't last long. She shines with a white light even brighter than the golden aura of the angel transformation, and by the time she drifts to the ground, their frozen evoker is very nearly back to top form.

    Which is good, because she drops him on his butt without ceremony as soon as her feet touch the ground, and then with a wave, she's back to the frozen primordial. And she's cutting.

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    The burst of Primordial essence feels almost slippery at first, crawling into his soul but finding itself unable to take root. The sensation is extremely uncomfortable, until Ragnar releases his hold on the thorns and returns the bulk of his essence to the Material plane. In an instant, the infusion settles in and becomes imperceptible as it bonds, and he sighs with relief.

    "Do you feel any different? I think something happened there."
    Cheerful as ever, Greta chirps back. "Nope! Bit pissed off at how it cheated me with that stupid deflector field, jerk wouldn't play fair and get shot like it should. But I don't feel like anything important's changed, why?"

    Stiff enough to maintain visibility, he looks around at the others with a curious eyebrow.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-12-24 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    About the time that Shovash makes it back to the corpse and begins cutting into it, a figure floats out of a building nearby, simply gliding through the air with no concern for the strange gravitational effects surrounding the body of Stars Falling. A skeleton in a fine robe adorned with magical trinkets, it hums with so much arcane energy that the air warps around it a little, not unlike the effect that Stars Falling produced. Crimson lights burn in its empty eyesockets, sparking brighter as it moves closer.

    "Good afternoon," Valdr says. "It has been some time, hasn't it? I heard about these...Primordials, it seemed worth taking a look in person." Bony fingers flex by his sides. "Excellent work."
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    On the lich's arrival, Tolben adopts a scowl and an acidic tone.

    "Ah, Valdr. Good to see you finally deigned to show up. A bit late though - we already killed this one, and it's my research subject."

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    "I've been here since shortly before you arrived," Valdr says, perfectly calmly. "It seemed unwise to engage an unknown and nigh-deific enemy alone. And once you showed up, you had it well in hand. My assistance was unnecessary."
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    "Oh, Nilsen, you really haven't changed at all, have you? Isn't apotheosis supposed to teach you something?"

    Tolben pauses.

    "Anyway, either say what you have to say or stop distracting me; I haven't had test materials this promising in... a fair while."

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    A bit of mutual scowling later, a spot more than thirty feet up the near side of the enormous chest begins to shift in ways it should not. The movement continues, and grows progressively less vague, for a few seconds before three separate insectoid mandibles pierce the skin at once. In a trice, the rest of the grub, an abomination just as outsize as the primordial, chews its gore-soaked way through and squirms out of the hole. Just before the end of its fall, a rush of wind gathers beneath it, and several tons of maggot touches down lightly. Shovash is promptly disgorged, and the body behind her withers to dust; she is no less bloody in this form.

    "What has everyone looking so dour suddenly?? We won! And in less time than either of the first—oh! Valdr! I'm surprised to see you this far south. What lures you away from the fortification planning this time?" The face she makes is as much leer as smirk.
    Last edited by Sepulchritude; 2019-12-31 at 08:37 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. [IC]

    Before Valdr can respond, Cassie stares at him, then bursts into motion. She...charges at him and leaps at him, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug.

    He holds her, a little awkwardly, and says, "Well, as I said, I'd heard of these beings, and it seemed wise to observe their capabilities. If they really are growing stronger with each one that appears, then I do think there is cause for significant concern. As such, while I know that we...may not see eye to eye, I would like to offer my assistance in researching and negating the danger they pose. I would like to think that we can put aside our differences in the face of a greater threat, as we did once before."
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •