New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Plague of Tamor Town

Cailenam dusts himself off and nods at the suggestion. "It's fairly late, but we should make as much progress as we can. Nothing left in the caves to scare us, after all."
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Lana smiled back at Taara. No reason, though she was already smiling.

“What about that!?”
    Lana pointed into the darkness with her free hand.
    “Oh, my bad. Thought I saw something.”
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

"I decided to stop avoiding sudden explosions. It's refreshing" Ghiso replied in complete seriousness, following along and making drawings of everything he saw new.
    "What do the incriptions say?" he asked before his attention got caught by Laitfat's pointing- and shrugged with disappointment when it was revealed as nothing.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

At hearing Ghiso ask what the inscriptions say, Taara turned to Cailenam. "You speak the language, right?" before teasing in Elven, fully aware that most of the group understands her now,

Spoiler: Elven
    Show
    "More dwarf than elf."

She tightens her grip on Lana's hand and steps forward, acting as her eyes in the dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

With the surce of the plague almost completely dealt with and bodies burn away Adamas decides to leave the party to go adventuring on his own.

Spoiler: Read the Dwarven writing on the door
    Show
    "Copper mines of the Bluehammer Clan"

Deciding that there is no time to spare the group heads back under the mountain. As you begin to near the area where you killed the giant spiders you feel it is getting late.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Do you want to press on and get through to the other side really early in the morning, or make camp here?
    If you want to push through most of you will need to make several Constitution saves to avoid exhaustion per forced march rules. As Cailenam is the only one that did not spend the day hiking or doing physical labor he does not need to make these saves.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm... You said to go 'back' right? You've already been through here then" Ghiso noted, turning to Taara "Should we press on even if late? The way should be mostly free if you've already been there"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-06-07 at 07:29 AM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Troll in the Playground

Taara was humming a light tune as she walked Lana along the dark cave. She turned to Ghiso, equipped again with her blank expression.

"Yes, this will be our third time taking this route under the mountains. There is nothing dangerous we have not dealt with or learned how to deal with. But making our way through is important, otherwise the four of us may grow sick too soon..."

She turns back to Lana and smiles.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"It's been a long day of work. Let's rest before an accident happens."

With his joints on fire and muscles aching from gathering and chopping firewood, the bard is not quite eager to take on any evil spiders whatever horrors the cave may contain.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-06-07 at 10:34 PM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Lana nodded at Zarron. "Great idea!" she said and sat down, sliding out her bedroll.
    "So Ghiso. What kind of vegetables do you like?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

Taara, despite what she said, listens to Lana and sits, setting down her bedroll next to Lana's again. She listens to her ask her question, then turns to look at Ghiso, almost expectantly even though the question's answer was probably not that important to her. But Lana was asking a question.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I guess we are resting then" Ghiso noted, sitting down in what looked more like a crumble then a controlled action.
    "My favorite vegetable? Lettuce, I'd venture. Nice taste, easy to grow, doesn't require preparation... most of the same family are alright" he explained as he started taking off his armor, looking at Lana "I'm not particularly a fan though. Was there a reason for the question? Seems random. Not that randomness in itself can't be the reason"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-06-07 at 10:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

"I wanted to learn about you! You're a new friend!" Lana explained, sliding into her bedroll.
    "I know everyone here better than you! Zarron here is a famous singer and can't breathe underwater. Cal likes peace and quiet and can turn copper into silver and silver into sparkly water. Taara can punch people real good and saved my life and she's really pretty. And I wanted to know about you."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

"Comprehensible. Specifying that Zarron can't breath underwater means everybody else can? I lack that ability. I mostly like reading, writing and drawing then, if it's of any interest. That's what I'm usually doing with my book- speaking of which" after removing the armor and putting down the bedroll, he pulled out his small diary (and ink and pen of course) and started scribbling something.
    "So then, Lanitfat- what's your... Favorite... Animal?" he frowned, having difficulty in coming up with a decent question.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-06-07 at 11:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

She widened her eyes in shock. "How can I pick!? And I don't know if they can breathe underwater. I don't think so. But let me think... I really love whales. All kinds. Dolphins, belugas, humpbacks... But recently I've started loving spiders! Little spoods! They're really cute and hairy!"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

Taara watched Ghiso remove his armor attentively, then down at her own clothes, thoroughly reminded that she had been wearing the same turquoise dress for not only the last week and a half, but the majority of the last six years. Sometimes she would remove it in the summer, though, and it's not like she didn't keep it well cleaned. Anyway, she thought about clothing for the first time in a while. She smiled at Lana again when she said she was pretty, quietly humming the same tune from earlier.

"Yes, spiders are nice. When they are small, at least. I met a few in the forest. They ate the bugs that bothered me in the summer." she turned to Ghiso. "Where are you from, Ghiso?"

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

"...right, spiders. That's... Peculiar" he looked perplexed at the choice of animal, but shrugged and wrote it down.
    Putting away the diary, he took out some food- dried meat, nothing fancy.
    "Spicy" he said in elven, gesturing over it, before starting to eat- and registering Taara's question, turning towards her and forgetting what he was going to do.
    "I'm not actually from far away- I come from Circens, which is something like the next town over from Qsen. I figured I'd start my career somewhere near. And I had heard word of the illness, so I decided to see if I could help out. What about you?"

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

Taara hesitated, before answering the question."I'm... From a monastery in the mountains. I was raised there, since I was left in the middle of the forest there when I was only a handful of months old. I don't know my parents or where they are or if they are." she paused on that dark thought. "You can forget that last part, though... Anyway, the monastery is called Parvat Sha'ran in the dragon's language. Oh, and I can't breathe underwater." she eyed the jerky, and the bag from whence it came. Her stomach growled loudly and rumbly, like a big cat's snarl. She reached for some of it. "May I? ... I don't mind if it's spicy. Need to eat. Growing child."

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso nodded through her whole explanation, before offering the meat himself.
    "Am I correct in assuming only Lanitfat does it here? Breathing underwater I mean. And of course you can. I can make any simple flavor you want without much effort, if you tell me what you prefer, so don't feel like you have to eat it as-is"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-06-07 at 11:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

At "growing child," Lana's eyes opened up like dinner plates. "You're pregnant!?" she asked.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

Taara picked up some of the meat and dropped it on the cave floor at Lana's sudden presumption. "A-ah, no, Lana," she hurriedly picked it up. "I am still growing. Sort of. Getting there." she took a bite of the spicy meat, imagining it as overwhelmingly sweet, like some honeyed meat she had eaten when it was brought to her mysteriously back at the monastery, but she did not ask to change it. She smiled at Lana."Don't mind it, though, Lana. Never change."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry. I... forgot about the whole '22-year-old child thing. How is it?" Lana accepted the advice to not really worry about her mistake in stride, as it was the advice she had lived by for a long time.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Troll in the Playground

"The meat? Spicy. And tastily salty." she took another bite, then a deep wide open breath with her tongue out so cold air washed over it. She drooled a bit, thinking of the honeyed meat again. "Cave floor gives it..." she clicked her tongue, "A kinda iron-y taste."

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso inclined his head and put a meat of piece on the ground, then picked it up and bited it.
    "...nevermind, not worth it"

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron pretends to be busy with his food, but out of the corner of his eye he watches the newcomer strip out of his armor. He surreptitiously observes the older half elf's physique and wonders to himself if he is capable of having such muscles.

Performance check to act totally disinterested. (d20+5)[9]. Contested by... let's say, insight?
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-06-08 at 07:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

"Everything alright? You want some flavoring too?" Ghiso asked, noticing Zarron's interest "There's no need to be shy- it IS effortless magic. What kind of food flavors you like?"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    10 insight rolled on discord. Pretty much first and last time I'll pass one xD

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"N-no---I mean-- Y-yes," Zarron stammers out as takes the proffered spicy meat. "Thank you Mr. Durant."

He proceeds to swallow it in one gulp, only to instantly regret it as he launched into a coughing fit that he prematurely quelled by taking a big swig out of one of the dwarven brews he took from the kitchen.

The bard spends the next hour suddenly very interested in the medallion he looted from one of the cultists, trying to attune with it.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-06-08 at 07:24 AM.
    Now Playing

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

"Nothing, just... try not to choke on it. What's that?" Ghiso nodded towards the medallion after a while "You seem pretty interested in it. Is it important?"

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"We got it from the cultists who we think were responsible for the plague. It could be important maybe," Zarron mumbles, distracted as he is in attempting to focus on the medallion instead of Ghiso's muscles.
    Now Playing

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

"It does sound like it" Ghiso noted "Maybe I can help? I can't tell you what it does, for that I'd need a pricy gem, but I can tell wether it's magical. Though I imagine your cleric friend already did that. Wait, cultists?" he asked at the end, chanting the formulae for Detect Magic- in the common tongue rather then elven.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Yeah, Detect Magic as a Ritual.

Ghiso nodded.
    "My guess would be that it's a key with some added benefit. So I do think you're right, it should certainly be important to have around"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-06-08 at 09:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

Taara sighs, tired, as she watched Zarron and Ghiso talk. She also noticed Zarron notice Ghiso's muscle, which she had half noticed before, but was under all that armor. She finished the spicy meat, before suddenly turning to Lana and scooting closer. She whispered in her ear Kisses? she turned to the rest of the party for a moment, then back to Lana. Um, maybe further down the tunnel?