1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Sabrina's freedom (OOC)

only post PC and link

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sabrina's freedom (OOC)

Sabrina, one more feat left to choose
    They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light.
    - Ray Ratto

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Dan Summerfield, the human who somehow is working with an uber-powerful fallen angel devil gish.

There was quite the adventure in regards to what is and isn't a fighter feat, as sometimes it isn't marked in a table, but mentions it in a feat. Sometimes it is in both the table and the feat. Sometimes it isn't mentioned in the feat, but marked in a table. After seeing Sabrina's AC, I also realized that I was leaving a lot of AC on the table and in some cases outright wasting money, so my defensive items got rejiggered a bit, which also allowed me to get some additional stuff like Shirt of Wraith Stalking (can't be seen by any undead with no save), Greater Truedeath Crystal (when attached to weapon, +1d6 damage vs undead, treat as ghost touch weapon, can do precision damage against undead), and Greater Demolition Crystal (when attached to weapon, deal +1d6 damage vs constructs, weapon counts as adamantine to overcome DR of constructs, can do precision damage against constructs). Pretty much stuff for Dan to deal with the two most common sources of "welp, you are now useless as most of your damage is gone and you somehow need to get through damage reduction with what you have left, have fun".

Also, it seems like Sabrina's Constitution is 10 points too low, lacking the Erinyes' +10 Con. As a recommendation for the feat: Melee Weapon Mastery (keyed to slashing) from Player's Handbook II. +2 attack and +2 damage for all slashing melee weapons, so basically better than Greater Weapon Focus and Greater Weapon Specialization combined.

(As for how I spotted this thread: saw the misposted thread in the recruitment area)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-08-25 at 09:04 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I had forgotten all about Melee Weapon Mastery and how it then leads to Weapon Supremacy at 18th level.
    Also note, I dont know if it applies to you or not, but Debbie has indicated that my ban on using Power Attack and Wraithstrike together is NOT in effect for this game. (something that she may live to regret)
    They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light.
    - Ray Ratto

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    I had forgotten all about Melee Weapon Mastery and how it then leads to Weapon Supremacy at 18th level.
    Also note, I dont know if it applies to you or not, but Debbie has indicated that my ban on using Power Attack and Wraithstrike together is NOT in effect for this game. (something that she may live to regret)
    As for Wraithstrike, when I saw Power Attack and that on your sheet, I quickly realized that Dan would probably be more a sidekick than a primary combatant. He has no magic whatsoever and doesn't have access to any nasty spells otherwise, so he can't really pull anything powerful. The best he can do is using Driving Attack to knock someone prone, have Mage Slayer prevent them from casting, and Staggering Strike reducing them to a single action for a round so they either eat an AoO from trying to cast normally, standing up, or crawling away, or they do nothing. Or use Robilar's Gambit against enemies that attack a lot in a round while hoping not to get diced. That's the fate of a mundane high level character.

Really, the guy is mostly there to find traps, open locks, and otherwise do swashbuckler-y stunts, since he can move in various ways without completely destroying his speed, offense, or defense. Dan has pretty much no business being involved in the adventures of someone as powerful as Sabrina, so half the fun is seeing how he will struggle and BS his way through all that.

Sabrina fighting enemies in the air, while Dan is frantically fighting while holding onto her foot or desperately leaping from one enemy to the next needs to happen at some point.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-08-25 at 10:15 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Critical confirmation for the attack on the right minotaur: (1d20+28)[32] vs flat-footed AC

I also found that I misread Driving Attack. I need to do a full action to do a single hit and that can do the bull rush. This, of course, makes this feat both much more sane than triggering on any piercing hit, but also much less useful (can't combine it with, say, Pierce Magical Protection). Unless an enemy is right next to Dan and is somehow flatfooted against him at the start of his turn, he can no longer shut down mages, making the feat something that will pretty much never get used, as Dan will always have better options and theater of the mind makes it pretty much impossible (without a lot of slow back and forth) to use Driving Attack to knock enemies into dangerous terrain (like a cliff or lava), if there even is any terrain to begin with.

I'd like to replace the feat with Leap of the Heavens (Player's Handbook II, eliminates the need for a run-up for Jump, grants bonus if run-up is there), please.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-08-28 at 05:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Approved ten characters

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks.

And another critical threat. (1d20+28)[35], (1d6+18)[22] critical damage. Sadly, most of Dan's damage comes from extra dice.

9. - Top - End - #9

I am sorry to say this, but just today, my old boss called and practically begged me to come back to work, as his files and accounts are all screwed up, the person he hired after I left simply unable to handle things...he even offered me a huge raise over what he had been paying me before. I have decided to accept this position and so I will not be able to continue running this game I know it only just got started and maybe its better that I do this now, before you both get really invested in your PC.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the heads-up, no worries.