Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 123
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    For reference this is taken from Alone Against the Flames written by Mike Mason, Paul Fricker, and Gavin Inglis, thank you!

    Do You Hear the Call of Cthulhu?
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
    —H. P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

    Welcome to Call of Cthulhu, a Horror/Investigative roleplaying game of mystery wherein you, an ordinary person, shall encounter and confront the terrifying alien forces of the Cthulhu mythos. Now, to begin is quite simple, and this first introduction shall operate similar to a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story (this is done in order to help with an easy transition between the investigation-heavy Call of Cthulhu, and most other RPGs). Nevertheless, it is time to begin... welcome, to Alone Against the Flames.

    ----
    Unknown New England Town, 2:44 PM, September 1st, 1921.

    The sun is high in the sky, a merciless ball of heat. You feel scorched by the time you reach the bus halt in front of Osborn’s Drug Store. It’s a relief to put down your heavy cases and take off your hat for a moment. You fan your face. It has been a long summer here, in your hometown, and yet a curiously empty one.
    You look across the street at the grubby butcher’s shop, the grocers with its faded awning, and the shabby tobacconist. Mistrustful faces glare at you as they pass, eyeing your clothes and luggage. It was your parents’ choice to live here, not yours. You were happy down south as a child, among Providence’s white-walled houses and leafy churchyards. Perhaps this new job in Arkham will supply the change you need.
    Yet everybody you know in the world lives here. You know nobody in Arkham, not one soul. You ask yourself one last
    time if you are doing the right thing.
    The answer is here. None of your supposed friends have come to see you off. You are alone. Whatever challenges lie in Arkham, it will be a new life, and a brave one.
    A small gray motor coach approaches and rattles to a stop. You put your hat back on and pick up your cases.

    Two young men with sullen expressions alight from the coach. One looks you up and down before heading away. The driver also steps down, glancing at you before crossing the road to visit the tobacconist. When he returns, he is rolling a cigarette between his yellowed fingers. He gives it a final twist and examines you as he reaches for his matchbox. He is a thin man in his fifties, dressed in a stained shirt with the bus company emblem. Yet his eyes are sharp in their dark sockets.
    Where to?

    You show him your ticket for Ossipee. From there you will connect to Rochester and Portsmouth, before the coastal line to Newburyport and, finally, Arkham. You should be able to afford a rail ticket for at least some of the way; otherwise this will be the first of many long bus trips.
    Mmm-hm.” The driver scratches the match and lights his cigarette. The end flares as he takes a draw. Then he exhales and gestures to the back of the coach. “Luggage rack’s up there.

    ----
    In Call of Cthulhu (somewhat like most other RPGs) there are eight characteristics Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Appearance, Size, Power, Education, and Intelligence
    • Strength: This is a measure of the physical prowess of your investigator
    • Dexterity: This is a measure of the agility and speed of your investigator
    • Constitution: This is a measure of the physical toughness and stamina of your investigator
    • Appearance: This is a measure of the physical appeal of your investigator
    • Size: This is a combined measure of your investigator's height and weight, also used in determining their force behind their attacks and health
    • Power: This is a measure of your investigator's mental stability, force of will, or spirit
    • Intelligence: This is a measure of the logic and cunning of your investigator
    • Education: This is a measure of your investigator's tutelage, be it from formal education or the "school of hard knocks"

    For the early image you have of your character, you have two options depending on where you feel you're at in terms of skill level. (1) You could simply rank these characteristics in whatever order you choose, or (2) you could actually take out a character sheet and apply an 80, 70, 60, 60, 50, 50, 50, and a 40 to them. No need for anything else than this right now. Also, yes, I understand that this is not really your standard introduction to an In-Character Thread, but let's roll with it!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Intelligence (80)
    Power (70)
    Appearance (60)
    Education (60)
    Dexterity (50)
    Constitution (50)
    Size (50)
    Strength (40)

    Jacqueline's smart and determined, but her arms aren't used to lifting anything heavier than a pile of books. She mumbles a thanks to the driver and tries her best to get the luggage onto the rack.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    The driver smokes and watches as you drag your cases to the back of the motor coach. The rack is set inconveniently high on the vehicle. You get a grip on the heavier case.

    The driver continues to enjoy his cigarette, watching with keen interest as you struggle with the cases. You grit your teeth and heave the second one into place. Perhaps the residents of Arkham will have better manners.

    The driver flicks his cigarette into the gutter and steps into the motor coach. Its engine coughs into life. You board, grateful that you will be the only passenger for the initial part of your trip at least. With mixed emotions, you watch from the window as the tired avenues of your old home slip behind you, receding into the distance. For a few minutes, you can still see the church spire over the brow of a low hill. Then the road dips and it, too, is gone.
    Arkham is your new home. You will travel there, and make a new start.
    ----

    Note that you have a sanity score that is based on your power, throughout the game this sanity score will most likely fluctuate wildly. In addition, you have a number of Magic Points also based on said power. This will deplete and over time eventually return back to its original score. However, in all likelihood, magic points shall rarely be used by an investigator early on in their career, but it is important to note that they do exist.
    ----

    The coach putters through the countryside. At first, the interior is stifling and your stomach lurches with every bend in the road. However, the driver opens his window, and by switching seats you find a spot where the breeze hits your face. You soon relax into the journey, observing the quaint little hamlets that the coach serves. A heavy-set woman boards at one settlement and gives you a polite nod. She gets off at the next one.
    ----

    You have a certain amount of hit points based on both your Constitution and Size. Your current may drop, but it is unlikely to ever exceed its maximum.
    You also have something called a "Luck score." This is used to represent when circumstances external to your investigator are in question, and also when determining the fickle hand of fate. Please give me 3d6 to assist in generating your beginning luck.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    (3d6)[11]

    Jacqueline continues to watch out the window, making a game out of trying remember details from the places they pass through.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    The road rises a little, passing cornfields and orchards. The leaves are turning and the trees are alive with glorious reds and golds. You have just begun to doze when the driver takes a tight bend at speed.

    ----
    Please now give me a Dexterity roll. Which means that you'll be rolling a d100 and comparing it to your Dexterity (50) (I know you have the PDF, but I'm not sure how much of it you've read).

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    (1d100)[34]

    Jacqueline reaches for the rail...

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    You rolled below your dexterity, which, as I'm sure you know means that you have succeeded on your role.
    ----

    You feel yourself slide from the seat as the driver spins the wheel and the motor-coach plunges off the road. You grab hold of the seat in front, just in time to prevent a painful fall. The coach stops with a thump.
    Now you see what has happened. A Fordson tractor has stopped in the road and your driver has had to swerve to avoid this steel obstacle. He leaps from his seat into the road, unleashing a string of curses at the farmer.
    You take a moment to catch your breath. Perhaps you should offer assistance? But the driver has already returned. He backs the coach up a little and threads it around the tractor, glaring at the farmer.

    You resume your journey. The driver takes the curves with more caution than before. He glances over his shoulder at you a couple of times.
    Sorry about before,” he says. “That fella was dumber than a hog. I’m Silas. What’s your name?



    The accident was at least as much Silas’s fault as the farmer’s. But it doesn’t seem shrewd to antagonize the man while he is driving you through the middle of nowhere.
    ----
    I know that you've mentioned your name to be Jacqueline, but for the purposes of my bookkeeping, what is her (presumably) last name? You may also note your age; for the purposes of this adventure your character should probably be aged between 23 and 36.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    She looks at the driver appraisingly before shrugging, he'd be no more or less dangerous for knowing her name, "Carter... Jacqueline"

    Jacqueline is 26 - I've started putting stuff down on a google doc - here

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Silas looks back for a moment towards Jacqueline and says succinctly: "Normally, it's just me out on these roads."
    The coach eventually turns onto a narrower road, which weaves uphill through woodland. Silas soon becomes chatty.
    Going to Arkham, eh Jacqueline? Can’t say I ever heard of the place. Went to Boston once. Didn’t like it. Too much hustle and bustle. You got family there? A special someone waiting?
    The afternoon is wearing on. You see no harm in confiding in Silas about your new life.
    A job, eh? What’s your line?

    ----
    Now it's time for your character to choose an occupation. Since you've played CoC before, I don't think I need to describe occupations for you, but here are some of the examples I have:
    • Antiquarian
    • Author
    • Dilettante
    • Doctor of Medicine
    • Journalist
    • Police Detective
    • Private Investigator
    • Professor
    • Something Else... (we can discuss)?


    Also you might want to use this instead of the google doc.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    "I'm a journalist," she tries to sound cheerful about it, but in truth the last place she worked they gave her stories no one else wanted to cover and had her making coffee. Three years and still no-one treated her seriously.
    Still, that's why she's here, a fresh start, new people.

    Will transfer over next time I update, I don't know if I'm missing something but I can't see a way to have it hosted online and easily editable

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Ah, all good then!
    ----

    As you mention the reporter’s job, you recall how you managed to secure it at the Arkham Gazette on the strength of a few freelance pieces in your local newspaper. It will be a relief to get away from vapid society columns, whimsical stories, and God, that coffee! You understand the Gazette covers everything from the breakthroughs of researchers at Miskatonic University to the most sordid exploits of local ne’er-do-wells. It should be something to get your teeth into, at any rate.
    A writer? For a newspaper?” Silas seems confused, as if he thought the stories somehow wrote themselves.
    ----

    You begin with a credit rating of 20%. Your occupational skills are: Art/Craft (Photography), History, Library Use, Own Language, Psychology, one Interpersonal Skill that you would use as a journalist (Charm, Fast Talk, Intimidate, Persuade), and two more skills (except Cthulhu Mythos) that represent personal specialties of yours. Since you have the book, I don't think I have to list out all of the skills.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-08-30 at 10:50 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Jacqueline is bemused at Silas' expression "That's right, thought I'd use my habit of getting my nose in people's business for a career." she shoots him her best charming smile.

    Charm for interpersonal skill, and for the personal speciality I'll have Spot Hidden and either Locksmith or Handgun - will a combat skill be essential?

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DominoMasque View Post
    will a combat skill be essential?
    It depends on your actions, in some cases, having a combat skill might not be too bad, but alternatively depending on how you go about things, it might be entirely useless as well. It should be off of how you envision Jacqueline, not just what is important to this particular scenario.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Go for locksmith then.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    You soon realize Silas hasn’t made a stop since the incident with the tractor. The motor coach winds its way uphill. However, your thoughts are interrupted as the road crests a ridge and you are treated to a magnificent view of the vista below.
    A creek snakes through the valley, breaking the rich autumn palette of the tree line. In the distance the White Mountains rise into hazy cloud. There is no settlement, not even a cabin, as far as the eye can see. Birds drift through the treetops, and you can just make out what might be two white-tailed deer lingering by the water.
    Perhaps you are making a mistake by moving to the city. Could you maybe survive on your own in this lush wilderness?
    ----

    I'm just going to note that just because a skill is not from your occupation or personal interest, you can always attempt it. That's not to say that you'll have a large chance of success but there is almost always a chance. Now, speaking of personal interest skills, please choose four more skills that you are not from your occupation that are your personal interests (this could be where Firearms [Handguns] go).
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-08-30 at 06:28 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Personal skills: Firearms (Handgun); Language, Other (Latin); Listen; Persuade

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Now that you've chosen your occupation and your personal interest skills, please place a 70, 70, 60, 60, 50, 50, and 50. For reference, your occupational skills are: Art/Craft (Photography), History, Library Use, Psychology, Charm, Spot Hidden, and Locksmith. Own Language will automatically begin at a 70

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Lets try this Jacqueline Carter - (opens for me in a private window, so I'm guessing that's alright) skills added to character sheet.
    Last edited by DominoMasque; 2019-09-03 at 05:13 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Splendid! Now you may add 20% to the base rating (the one in parentheses) for your chosen personal skills (Firearms [Handguns]; Language, Other [Latin]; Listen; Persuade).
    ----

    The motor coach rattles on through the hills and Silas lapses into silence. The sky darkens behind you, pinks tinting the clouds as the sun descends. Finally a welcome sight comes into view: a settlement on the crest of a hill. This doesn’t look like the pictures you’ve seen of Ossipee. But perhaps you can persuade Silas to stop while you stretch your legs.
    Minutes later, a harsh stuttering from the engine interrupts your reverie. Silas frowns and rattles the gear stick. The motor coach falters in its ascent. Silas utters a curse you don’t recognize and grinds his teeth, struggling at the wheel. You seem to inch up the hill until you reach the first buildings, low dwellings constructed from a rough red stone. Silas wrestles the coach into a small bay off the road. He scrambles from his seat and makes for the engine compartment.
    ----

    Please give me either a Drive Auto or a Hard Psychology roll (if you recall, a Hard roll uses half of your rating).

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Jacqeline tentatively looks at what Silas is doing, but it may as well be magic for all she knows, "What's wrong?"

    Psychology (Hard TN 35) (1d100)[77]

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Silas opens the engine compartment open and sticks his head inside. The hot metal pops and sizzles. He pokes at various components, then withdraws and wipes his brow, smearing it with dark grease.
    I ain’t sure what’s wrong. Might be the oil pressure. Might be something knocked off kilter when we took that spill. Can’t do much until the engine cools neither. And with the light failing… I reckon we’ll be here through the night.” He wipes his hands on a rag.
    The shadows from your surroundings are already long, and the air is chilly. You feel stiff from the journey and a night in the rickety coach sounds unappealing. Silas sees your dismay.
    This here’s Emberhead. Miles from anyplace. I only come through twice a week. But the folks here are good people. May Ledbetter keeps a spare room. She’ll look after you. Up that alley, turn right, first house on the left.
    He scratches his cheek, looks again into the engine compartment, and spits on the ground.
    Meet me back here at eight in the morning and we’ll see how’s we stand.
    ----

    Now we're entering the more freeform part of the adventure. Nevertheless, given that this is still an introductory scenario. I'll be providing little prompts at the bottom of example things your character could attempt so that you can formulate a post in-line with general Call of Cthulhu ideas. In this instance, I have three possibilities.
    1. Head out and look for this May Ledbetter's house
    2. Ask Silas where he's going to stay the night
    3. Challenge Silas about the breakdown

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Jacqueline frowns, wondering what Silas will be doing - but it's probably not the first time he's slept on a bus. She shrugs, "Guess I'll go find Mrs Leadbetter." she climbs back onto the bus and retrieves a few things to freshen up with and after a moment's consideration pulls her father's old service revolver from it's case. She didn't like to carry it, but she was in a strange place and night was falling... she takes a deep breath to steady her nerves and calls to Silas "Tomorrow at eight then."
    Last edited by DominoMasque; 2019-09-03 at 02:04 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    You drag a couple of your cases between the sullen buildings. You feel surprisingly weary, considering you have spent all day sitting down. Silas’ directions lead you to a modest dwelling with a slate roof. A nameplate reads LEDBETTER, and underneath, a sign in neat copperplate reads, LODGING ROOM. The lane around you is gloomy, but a lamp flickers in the window.
    A breeze chills your face. You’re not about to begin your new life by sleeping in the street. You rap on the weatherbeaten door.

    After a moment, you hear footsteps inside the house. A bolt is drawn back and the wooden door swings open. A figure with loose curls and a rough-looking housedress peers at you. Her gaze takes in your traveling suit and your cases. Her voice has a slight Irish lilt.
    Hello. Should I take it as you’re looking for a room for the night?
    You enquire as to her rates, suppressing a grimace. As far as you’ve seen, the village does not offer you many alternatives.
    Oh, you’ll find them very reasonable,” she says. “You look tired. I’m May. Come inside and we’ll talk over a cup of tea.
    The Ledbetter house feels cramped, with a low ceiling and simple fittings. But it is well kept and a cheerful fire crackles in the grate. The aroma of the tea is soothing and the cup warms your fingers.
    Have you come to Emberhead for the festival?” asks May.

    ----
    Again, just simple prompting, you do not have to follow these ideas at all.
    1. Do you want to explain what happened with Silas and his coach?
    2. Would you rather ask about what this festival is?

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    "Hmmm, I needed this." Jacqueline smiles as she takes in the tea.
    "No, I'm on the way out to Arkham, the coach broke down. I didn't even know this town existed, never mind a festival." I shouldn't ask, I need to be back on the coach at eight.
    "What's the festival for anyway, do many come over for it?"
    Last edited by DominoMasque; 2019-09-03 at 07:57 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Well now, I suppose the Festival is about the only reason folks come to Emberhead. I thought you had maybe come to study it or take photographs. Well, it’s not tomorrow night but the night after. I suppose it looks very strange to a passerby.
    May tops up your tea. The spout chinks against your cup.
    We’ve got the Beacon, you see. One night every year there’s a torch-lit procession and we light the Beacon on the cliffs. You’ve never seen the like of it. They say it keeps the spirit of the village alive for another year. It’s a celebration. A celebration...
    She tails off for a moment, and blinks.
    But you didn’t come here to listen to me blather, and you must be hungry. I can rustle you up a bit of stew. How would that be?
    You ask again about her rates, and May names a price so low you accept it without hesitation. The room is small but comfortable, and the stew dark and hearty. After dinner, you have a couple of hours before your usual bedtime.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-03 at 08:51 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Jacqueline's curiosity is piqued, after all being a journalist wasn't just a job for her, it was a lifestyle. As she finished her stew she started with the questions "So what does the festival celebrate, you were going to say something before?" she slips a notebook out of her handbag, maybe she could come back for next years? "Why do you have a beacon? Is it just like an old-fashioned lighthouse? Or was it built for the festivals?"

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    May looks utterly bewildered by all of the questions, but you begin to spend some time discussing with her as the night grows darker. To be honest with you, she's not the most knowledgable subject concerning the festival. She mentions that it's simply a celebration of the ending of summer, before the seasons change into fall, you presume some sort of pagan influence, which is not necessarily uncommon in rural towns such as this in New England.
    As for the beacon, "Lighthouse? Erm, it's not really a house, but it sure does look mighty fine when it's all lit up and such. What marvelous colors the flames are." You press further, but the topic soon diverges, with May not really hearing your further inquiries. Perhaps you came on to quickly.
    Nevertheless, she begins to speak of life as a whole in Emberhead. “In her letters my sister always asks if I’m not bored, living in such a small place. She lives in New York. Then she writes about how frightened she is to walk home at night! I ask you.
    You mention your hopes for a new life in Arkham. May doesn’t seem to hear you here either, perhaps she's a bit self-absorbed, you've had interviews like this before.
    It’s a small place here, yes, but that means we have real community. Everybody’s face is known. Everybody works together. Nobody is excluded. Except those who choose to exclude themselves, of course. I couldn’t live anywhere else now.
    ----

    Please give me a Charm roll (you consider yourself a professional in this field) to see if maybe you can counter your intial bombardment of questions with some old-fashioned warmth of personality.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    Charm (60) (1d100)[83]
    Last edited by DominoMasque; 2019-09-04 at 05:32 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    As the hour wears on, you find that your questions regarding this beacon are going unanswered, but nevertheless find yourself amused to hear May transform into a sort of tired tourist guide.
    Of course the views from here are spectacular on a good day. A clear view all the way round. If you’re a painter you’ll be right at home. If your tastes run more to the artisan, there are workshops on Silbury Street. Just at the end here and turn right. They’re not set up for visitors, you understand? But you’ll see the real craftsmen at work. The genuine article. Now, if you’re looking for freshly baked bread...
    It seems a shame to point out that you intend to be on the road again shortly. You let May continue until she begins to yawn.
    Would you listen to me yapping? Time to turn in. When would you like your breakfast?

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: DominoMasque's Alone Against the Flames IC

    "Driver said to be back at the coach for eight... so is around six fine? Then I'll have a little chance to stretch my legs before sitting on that coach for a the rest of the journey." Assuming the driver manages to get the thing working...
    Last edited by DominoMasque; 2019-09-04 at 05:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •