New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default [IC] Summit: Pokémon Battle Circuit Association - PW

Welcome to the Pokémon Battle Circuit Association: The World’s authority for competitive Pokémon battling! The association is host to 3 Competitive Leagues: from the Pokémon Amateur League(PAL), The lowest professional league. Teams in this division can hold open tryouts to collect and mold both Trainers and Pokémon to compete for the Chance to Promote their team to the next tier of competition, The Pokémon Battle league(PBL). The PBL is where the Majority of Professional Battles take place with in with the largest amount of teams at 20 while the other leagues have 10. The teams here will compete to climb to the highest echelon of competitive battling and have their team join the Champions League(PCL) and avoid relegation back to the PAL. The Pokémon Champions League is the Gold Standard of Excellence, both trainer and Pokémon compete alongside each other to claim the Champions Cup!
    The story here follows a team’s journey through the ranks of The Association: The great triumphs, the shocking defeats, training and everything else those of Quest Club will go through on their path to become the best!
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

2. - Top - End - #2

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: [IC] Summit: Pokémon Battle Circuit Association - PW

​PROLOUGE

Alaina Falistar
    -

“Mr Richards. Thanks for letting us into your home today. After her tryouts for the team we took note of her potential and it would be a mistake on our part not accept Alaina onto the team.”

“Thank you for saying so. Sorry about the mess, the Dojo had a competition last night and Their rambunctiousness left the place a little disheveled after doing well. I’ll remind them that leaving things half-done is not our way.” The older man mentions.

“Alaina, You’re new boss is here, perhaps greeting him would be in order?”

Hiro Onada

A Conversation

“Hiro Onada. Age 24. Born in Alola but orphaned at a young age. Quiet and keeps to himself. Seems like he stays outta trouble.”

“He was there when his orphanage burned down.”

“That doesn’t seem like anything to hold agains-”

“He was the only one there.”

“... We’ll make sure he feels like he belongs here. He’s capable and diligent. And I can’t hope to do that if people have a prejudice against him before they know him.”

“Whatever you say, Boss.”

“Cut that out. I’m your brother, Desi.” Desmond chastises. “And besides with the other characters here, He’ll probably be the least of our worries.”

The two people exit the office and head to the arena where Hiro is training with his Pokémon. “Hey Hiro, sorry about the delay, me and the team Captain we’re talking about strategy.” Desmond says, making his way downstairs. “She’ll be down here in a bit when everyone arrives. Let me know if you have any questions about all this”

Racquel Brodeur

Daughter,

You are making your way in a far off place with people you’re unsure of. Respect those who earn your trust and Prove their strength. I expect to hear of your triumphs and glories when we come to visit. While this is a new place and your will should be exerted over your new Domain, keep your temper in check. Tyrants are to be crushed and I will not see you defeated as such. Stay Sharp, stay safe.

Feed the Weak,
    Raven

The 9:15 plane for Trier is now boarding. 1st class passengers, please come to the gate to begin boarding.
    “That’s us.” Desmond says, standing up. “Make sure you have everything. The trip is very long so try to relax.”

Akio Feral

Grandson,

I hope this letter finds you well. I’ve heard exciting things about you as of late. You’re going to do great. Be the shining beacon of light you want the world to reflect and good will come to you. I’m very proud of you and can’t wait to see you. Keep praying and Terrakion will guide you.

Stay strong,

Nan

The Stoutland Express from Mistralton to Trier is Preparing to Board. Please present travel tickets, Passport and any things you wish to carry on your person before boarding.
    “You’d better get going, son. The trip will be a few hours be sure to find yourself a good seat.” Your mother says, Smiling at you. “Unfortunately, your father is still chasing the storm at the coast but he wishes the best for you as well. Take care of those with you on your journey: your Pokemon as well as your teammates. I love you.”

Your mother hugs you one last time before you climb onto the bus.

Mix

Have fun on your trip, babe! Send me some pics from the city!! I’ve never been but don’t party too hard without me, kay? You’re supposed to be working. So have fun and be safe!

You slip your phone back into your pocket before you remember that you’re in a dingy bus stop in Mistralton.

*The Stoutland Express from Mistralton to Trier is Preparing to Board. Please present travel tickets, Passport and any things you wish to carry on your person before boarding.*

You look around and see a zigzagoon knock over a trash can and trundle inside to feast on its content before shooed away by a station attendant annoyed that their smoke break is interrupted. There’s also a man kind of dressed like a priest and is talking to a middle-aged woman that looks like him. You also see another young woman around your age with raven-black hair and dressed in a black tee with a jean jacket on top. They seem familiar.

Skylar Faust

Hey Kiddo,

Congrats on smashing your tryout! I can’t wait until you get here so we can catch up. You can finally see what your old man’s been up to. I know the Pokemon professor here. He’s a great guy, if a little imposing. Keep up the good work and i’ll see ya when you get in.

Love ya,

Dad.

You tuck your phone away and lookout at the Bus stop. There’s a couple of folks you remember from Tryouts. The buff priestly guy is talking to his mom(?) and the red-haired girl is here too.

The Stoutland Express from Mistralton to Trier is Preparing to Board. Please present travel tickets, Passport and any things you wish to carry on your person before boarding.
    The PA message ends and you head to hop on the bus. The bus is filled with a few families and a few people traveling in pairs a seat is open next to a elderly woman with a vulpix sitting in her lap. She pats the chair beside her indicating its open and inviting you over.

Stein Sturlson

The 8:15 flight from Castelia to Trier Illigo is now boarding1st class passengers, please come to the gate to begin boarding

You get up from your chair and make your way to the line with the other passengers. You notice a small boy with a PBCA licensed hat and a shirt that reads “Mommy’s little monster” with a gible with its slavering jaws towards the reader.

“Monsturrrr!” The tyke says, looking at you wearing his best scary face, slowly walking towards you like a Kaiju from the old black and white films.

“Riley, leave that nice man alone.” his mother says, grabbing his hand “Sorry sir. My very responsible husband has been letting him watch those dreadful monster movies and now he thinks he is one.”

She collects her son and begins to board the plane. “Monsturrr!” the little boy says again, giggling as he’s getting carried.

You board the plane and have a seat and try to relax while the planes taking off. The little boy peers over the seat at you.

“Monsturrr!”

Danielle

“I wish you father was here to see you, he’d be so pro-” Your mother says, choking back tears and clears her throat trying to hold it together “Proud of you and the young woman you’ve become. You’re strong and independent and a good big sister to Valla. Be safe and Have a great time. This is a big opportunity and I -”

“Love you sis, Have fun in Illigo.” Your sister says, hugging you. “Send me some cool Pics and tell me about any cute boys you see.” She says sarcastically, tearing up. “I’m gonna miss having you around.”

The 8:15 flight from Viridian City to Trier, Illigo is now boarding. 1st class passengers, please come to the gate to begin boarding.
    “They’ll be calling you soon, be safe, have fun and I love you.” Your mom manages before hugging you again.

You say your goodbyes and board the plane. You board the plane and realize your seat is beside a young man with blond hair wearing a bucket hat with the PBCA logo on it. “Hey are you joining the PBCA Too?!”

Last edited by TJ Zen; 2019-09-04 at 10:55 PM.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hiro Onada

A Conversation

“Hiro Onada. Age 24. Born in Alola but orphaned at a young age. Quiet and keeps to himself. Seems like he stays outta trouble.”

“He was there when his orphanage burned down.”

“That doesn’t seem like anything to hold agains-”

“He was the only one there.”

“... We’ll make sure he feels like he belongs here. He’s capable and diligent. And I can’t hope to do that if people have a prejudice against him before they know him.”

“Whatever you say, Boss.”

“Cut that out. I’m your brother, Desi.” Desmond chastises. “And besides with the other characters here, He’ll probably be the least of our worries.”

The two people exit the office and head to the arena where Hiro is training with his Pokémon. “Hey Hiro, sorry about the delay, me and the team Captain we’re talking about strategy.” Desmond says, making his way downstairs. “She’ll be down here in a bit when everyone arrives. Let me know if you have any questions about all this”

"what makes her the team captain?" Hiro says not acknowledging Desmond. Hiro is screaming commands at his Pokemon as they train. When the Pokemon are pushed near exhaustion he finally acknowledges Desmond and says "I'm Ready"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Don't worry I'll send you a TON of pics when I get there and on the way if anything looks cool. I can't promise I won't party a bit. You be safe too!

I close my phone before reopening it several times to see if any messages pop up. Something about a new pokephoto update.

It's not surprising to see a zigzagoon playing in the trash by it did enforce that the bus stop was pretty dingy and kind of rustic in a good way. I check to make sure my backpack and passport are with me, thankfully both are. "Hey Tostinos, hop up sweetheart," she said while putting her backpack on.
    Her Mimikyu looked up to her before moving its way up and behind her head to sit on her backpack.
    She grabbed her camera from around her neck and snapped a quick photo of the zigzagoon before it was gone. "Score!"
    With the time left to board, she took a decent picture of the priest talking to someone just because it was kind of different from most of her photos of people. She didn't want to ask in case they said no or the photo lost too much authenticity.

Noticing another young woman around her age that looked familiar she made her way closer so she could say high and if she recognized the person.
    "How are you doing? also, can I take your picture?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Grandson,

I hope this letter finds you well. I’ve heard exciting things about you as of late. You’re going to do great. Be the shining beacon of light you want the world to reflect and good will come to you. I’m very proud of you and can’t wait to see you. Keep praying and Terrakion will guide you.

Stay strong,

Nan

“You’d better get going, son. The trip will be a few hours be sure to find yourself a good seat.” Your mother says, Smiling at you. “Unfortunately, your father is still chasing the storm at the coast but he wishes the best for you as well. Take care of those with you on your journey: your Pokemon as well as your teammates. I love you.”

Your mother hugs you one last time before you climb onto the bus.

Akio boards the bus, shaking slightly from both apprehension and excitement at what new, strange and amazing pokemon he's going to find and in anticipation of living out his devotion. This opportunity is more than just a chance at something new, it's a chance at chasing every dream he's had. He just had to survive the bus ride.

He hated modern transportation... He always got carsick. He quickly gulps a pill after finding a seat in the back, sighing, hoping that it will help ease the uncomfort in his stomach already happening sooner rather than later and reminding himself that it will all be worth it in the end.

He watched through the window the entire ride, staring at the various countrysides and landscapes that passed until finally he arrived. He put on his pack and waited for the hustle of the many other bus members before leaving himself at the back and stepped off the bus onto a new world of opportunities.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina gives a deep bow "It's an honour to meet you Mr. Tribe. I am Alaina Falistar, I was not expecting the president himself to visit our home otherwise I would have been more diligent when it came to cleaning the dojo. Please can I get you anything to drink or eat? Maybe some coffee?" Alaina gives an embarrassed glance at Tyrone before continuing on "I am eager to meet the team and our coach. Um... when do we start?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Looking at the letter intently, Racquel scowls. Were she in a better mood, she might have made some snark about the first class seating; instead she merely gave a "Yeah, whatever. This isn't my first time flying for a long trip, y'know." She collects her things, tucks the letter into her bag, and gets on the plane where she is assigned.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Nervously sitting down, she's somewhat surprised by the question. "Oh, uhh, yeah I am! My name is Danie- uh, i mean Danetta..." the whole sentence is awkward and stammered out. "What's yours?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Zen View Post
    Stein Sturlson[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/U]

You get up from your chair and make your way to the line with the other passengers. You notice a small boy with a PBCA licensed hat and a shirt that reads “Mommy’s little monster” with a gible with its slavering jaws towards the reader.

“Monsturrrr!” The tyke says, looking at you wearing his best scary face, slowly walking towards you like a Kaiju from the old black and white films.

“Riley, leave that nice man alone.” his mother says, grabbing his hand “Sorry sir. My very responsible husband has been letting him watch those dreadful monster movies and now he thinks he is one.”

She collects her son and begins to board the plane. “Monsturrr!” the little boy says again, giggling as he’s getting carried.

You board the plane and have a seat and try to relax while the planes taking off. The little boy peers over the seat at you.

“Monsturrr!”
    Stein had been sitting in the airport anxiously. Oh it wasn't that he needed another smoke, that didn't seem to be an issue with him since he appeared to do it more for show and rather than for the nicotine content. Thankfully for his trip he had packed what he thought would be enough to last him. He had left Gill and Spirit in their Dusk Balls, but let his silver and purple Eevee Marie out with him. She was the best lab assistant Stein could ask for, and a unique one at that. She had experienced the change in typing that he had studied first hand and took to it well. When they were called to boarding, Stein grabbed his satchel and placed Marie on his shoulder.

When he noticed the boy walking torwards him saying "Monsturrr!" Marie mews and tilts her head to the side as Stein chuckles. Best to tell the mother this is just makeup to scare students..... No need to stir up any trouble or scare little kids. he can't help but think to himself. When the mother apologizes and explains the "responsible" husband to him, he smiles and waves his hand.

"It's quite alright ma'am, I think he just got excited seeing the face makeup. I do this anytime I go to a lecture site for my research to set the mood." He reads the child's shirt. "I do my best research on Ghost type Pokémon and their scientific value. This is my lab assistant Marie." Marie mews and he points to her. "Ah I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Dr. Stein Sturluson, a pleasure to meet you both." As they part ways, Stein turns back to the tyke. "Now be a good little monster for your mommy."

After getting through boarding, he places his passport back into his lab coat inner pocket and his ticket in the front pocket of his satchel. If asked to, he will have Marie recall back into her Dusk Ball. Before placing the bag on the top rack, he grabs his research journal. Best to have something to look through while in flight, though he would much rather watch a movie at this point since there is nothing really new in the journal. "I should have brought a video player of some sort..." He thinks aloud, interrupted by the same tyke from earlier peering at him saying "Monsturrr!"

Stein chuckles again, this time noticing the PBCA hat. With a smile, he says "Watch for my Ghosts in the PBCA. After my lecture, I'll be taking home the gold."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-02 at 10:48 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Hiro
    Show
    "She's the most accomplished member on the team, honestly she's good enough to be on a top team in the PBL but she stayed here to help out. If you're feeling feisty she'll likely give you a thump." Desmond says with a grin. "This your team? Not bad, but they'll need work before the Season starts. Van will help get everyone ready! But enough of that, Wanna grab a bite? You haven't been in Illigo long, I'll give you a quick tour of Trier."

Spoiler: Mix
    Show
    You recognize the woman as she sits beside an elderly woman with a vulpix on her lap. The seat you find yourself in is beside the priestly man you also recognize now under closer examination. he looks visibly ill and every bump and jerk causes him to shift uncomfortably while attempting to stare out of the window.

Spoiler: Akio
    Show
    You board the bus and quickly take your seat. You recognize a couple of the women as the board both we’re from the tryouts had earlier this year. One sits beside an elderly woman with a vulpix. The other beside you you rush to take your medicine before the bus lurches from the depot and down the road

Spoiler: Alaina
    Show
    “Please, call me Desmond and Coffee would be great if you don’t mind” He says, finding a place to sit down. “We’ll be getting started once everyone arrives, We have a few traveling by plane and bus, so we’ve got until tomorrow. Some will be getting in tonight, We’ll be holding our first meeting and practice tomorrow. While were here, Let’s talk about your training. From my notes here, you have a Sympathetic Typing?”

Spoiler: Racquel
    Show
    “No worries, then.” Desmond says, putting earbuds in his ears. “It’s a decently long flight, you may want to try and get some rest.” He says, settling in. Once the flight takes off The steward brings you a drink and a small snack, you try to settle in yourself, but something feels off.

Spoiler: Intuition: DC 8
    Show
    Spoiler: Pass!
    Show
    You feel a strong presence from something behind you.

Spoiler: Fail!
    Show
    The presence dissipates, unsettling feeling goes away.

Spoiler: Danetta
    Show
    “I’m Damien, Nice to meet you. What team are you joining? I’ll be joining the Devils. I’m heading out to meet the team. We’re starting practice tonight!”

Spoiler: Stein
    Show
    “Mommy, Monsturrr! Ghooooost!” He says, covering his head with his shirt. “Oooooh. Haahahahaha!” The child says, to pleased with himself. After about 10 minutes the child’s noisy ways finally gave way to a heavy head and eventually sleep.

“Thank you for entertaining my little ball of energy, Nice to meet you. I’m Toni. and this is my little monster, Dorien. You say you’re with the PBCA. Which Organization?”

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina grabs the pot of coffee already brewing for Tyrone along with a couple mugs, and pours a cup for Tyrone and Desmond. She takes a seat across from Desmond afterwards. "Yes I do. Tyrone had me tested and went through with the operation after finding I had a strong psychic connection. After the operation I unlocked the ability to teleport myself and others. Do the others on my team have similar powers?"

12. - Top - End - #12

Beholder

Spoiler: Creepy?
    Show
    Racquel feels that disturbance, and her instinct lead her to turn around cautiously. Maybe this is the strong presence of someone worthy of her respect?

13. - Top - End - #13

AssassinGuy

Stein chuckles at the tyke’s antics and decides to tell him a story to help calm him down. Namely how he met Marie. It wasn’t too long into it until that burst of childhood energy from the tyke was gone and he was sound asleep. Stein smiles to himself at his handy work with telling research like a story.

When the mother turns to thank him and introduces herself and the boy, Stein bows his head in response, since he was still seated in the plane.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you both Toni, and it was no trouble at all! Dorien is an inquisitive child and I hope he keeps that sense of wonder. Leads me to new discoveries everyday.” He chuckles a bit.

When asked about the PBCA, his tone turns to an upbeat calm. “I’m actually just starting so I’ll meet my team tomorrow. Currently I’m in the Pokemon Amateur League. But hopefully we’ll rise up fast. It’s going to be a whole new world from the way I’ve seen battles that’s for sure.” He goes silent for a moment. “Have you been to Trier before? What’s it like?”

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

I hug Tostinos in my seat and look to the priestly person next to me, my leg idly bouncing up and down "aaaaaaare you gonna be sick? I can ask for like a bag or something?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: @LoFiBaseSnacks
    Show

Along the journey, he keeps his eyes noticeably fixed outside of the window. His meditation practice helps to keep his breath steady and the unsettled feeling down.

"aaaaaaare you gonna be sick? I can ask for like a bag or something?"
    "No, not sick. Not if I keep looking out the window. Please excuse me, I get carsick and looking outside helps significantly more than a bag." He offers his hand, still without looking. "My apologies for any discomfort. My name is Akio. What brings your inspirations to the tournament?"
    Last edited by Eincolt; 2019-09-01 at 08:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Alaina
    Show

“Thank you.” Desmond says, sipping the coffee. “Well some of them do, some don’t, but they’re fine. This is very good, by the way. Some of them will probably give you a run for your money. That said, starting tomorrow we’ll be running training Camp before the start of the season. We have 6 weeks until the beginning of the season. But we’ll discuss that stuff tomorrow. Thank you both for the visit, you’ve been gracious host.” Desmond says with a bow. “Call is 9a.m. sharp. You’ll be staying in the Club House during the season but since you live in town, you can stay here for the parts of camp were not traveling. Have a Good Night and see you tomorrow!”

“Welp make sure you’re ready for tomorrow, remember your training and you’ll knock’em dead. I probably should’ve said this more but I’m proud of you.” He says giving you a hug. I’ll be sure to come to your first match. Just don’t forget me once your famous.” He says with a smirk

Show
    You turn to face the direction of the presence and for a moment you feel as though you are at the base of a mountain, daring you to climb it. You blink the image away and see a woman calmly scrolling through her phone. She feels you gaze upon her, meets your eyes and smiles.

You’ve seen that woman somewhere.
    Spoiler: Intuition: DC10 and/or Gen Edu: DC13
    Show
    Spoiler: Pass: Intuition
    Show
    You've seen this woman on TV. She's The Reinging Champions League MVP, Alexandria Wilks.
    Spoiler: Pass Gen Ed.
    Show
    She's a member of The Winning Champions League, Zenith
    Spoiler: Fail
    Show
    She Looks Familiar but you can't quite Seem to place her.

Show
    “I’m sure he will, his father and I are both musicians so we always nurture the idea to keep searching for your ‘joie de vivre’. There’s nothing like living your passion.” Toni says. “Oh Trier! Yes My family and i live there My parents stay in Castelia so we were visiting them My Husband is recording a new album so he unfortunately couldn’t come with, but I work alongside the PBCA so I’ll likely bump into you there. It’s a beautiful place with a lot to do and see. So I’m sure you and marie will love it.”

The plane will now begin its final Descent to Trier InterRegional airport, Thank you for Flying Free on Bravi-airlines The stewards will let you know when you can safely depart.
    The Message startles you awake. but you don’t remember falling asleep. You don’t see Toni or Dorien anymore.

Last edited by TJ Zen; 2019-09-02 at 06:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

AssassinGuy

Stein smiles as Toni mentions that she and her husband are musicians. He listens intently as she explains about the city and region and he work alongside the PBCA. “I’ll be sure to buy some of your music then, it’s always nice to have some going in the lab. My parents are the same in that regard: live your passion. Picked up aspects of both theirs.” He smiles again, the glare of an overhead light flashing on his glasses. “She does love to explore, helps keep me grounded when I get lost in work. The probability of it is high so I’ll definitely see you around.”

That was the last thing he remembered saying before he had been jarred awake by the message over the speakers. He looks around, his research journal laying face down in his lap. He doesn’t see Toni or Dorien and wonders if it was all a dream? He had been working tirelessly lately getting ready for the trip and competition.

Stein sits back up and awaits the go ahead to depart the plane.

18. - Top - End - #18

Beholder

Spoiler: Aggressive!
    Show
    Racquel is suddenly reminded who it is that's behind her. "Excuse me, ma'am? I hate to be rude, but... I'm coming for your title. Be ready."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

"T-team? I mean, yeah of course, umm... I've always been more of a solo player. Just me and my team against the world."

Nailed it

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina lingers in the hug for a couple more seconds before pulling away. "I would never forget you, plus he said I could stay here so I wont be far." Alaina looks around at the dojo. "I'll get this place cleaned up before heading to bed, I don't think I could sleep right now anyways." For the rest of her time Alaina will clean the dojo and house with Bao hu before heading off to bed.

OOC: Ready for the training montage to begin \o/

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

@Eincolt

I take Akios hand in a handshake "Great to meet you Akio, I'm Mix, Mix ser."
    "And if you change your mind on the bag, I'll try to find one. OH! meet Tostinos" I quickly hold up my Mimikyu
    "Hey, are you actually a priest? you look kinda like one. ah I joined becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause why not."
    "Why about you? why are you doing this? also what made you sick on trains?"
    Last edited by LoFiBaseSnacks; 2019-09-02 at 03:20 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Zen View Post
    You tuck your phone away and lookout at the Bus stop. There’s a couple of folks you remember from Tryouts. The buff priestly guy is talking to his mom(?) and the red-haired girl is here too.

The PA message ends and you head to hop on the bus. The bus is filled with a few families and a few people traveling in pairs a seat is open next to a elderly woman with a vulpix sitting in her lap. She pats the chair beside her indicating its open and inviting you over.
    Skylar nods to the older lady and and takes the seat with a quiet, "Thank you." She smiles at the woman and her Pokemon, then sits back to get comfortable on the bus ride. She pulls a book out her messenger bag, along with an orange highlighter, and opens to the page she left off at. While she would have loved to have a Pokemon out like the lady, her dragons weren't really suited for public transportation. That, and Lamia loved to bother her while she was trying to study.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-09-03 at 07:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: @LoFibasesnacks
    Show

The young man turns his eyes in a look of confusion, or maybe concern, with one eyebrow up at Mix's admission to not having a goal in the competition before quickly turning back to the window.

"I'm sorry to hear you do not have a personal goal. I am an acolyte of Terrakion. I will be a priest eventually, after enough dedication and experience.

My goal through this competition is to discover amazing pokemon, and to inspire a new respect for the elements and nature through my conflicts. It's hard to see the negative impacts your desires have on the world when inside of a city and only seeing the benefits. Perhaps my participation can inspire others to give more thought to how their actions can work with nature, not merely using it for their own goals."

He turns briefly to offer a hand to the Mimikyu to pet it if it wants it. "Your Tostito is cute. It will be good to see what challenges you both can overcome. I hope you will find something special to fight for during the venture." He smiles briefly before again, needing to turn back to the window more animatedly than his reserved self normally is.

Reaching into a pocket he pops out a Gibble from a pokeball. "This is Zenis. My grandmother gave him time me as an egg from her pokemon. Hopefully you'll get to see him on the battlefield before long, wont you boy?" The gibble turns excitedly and nibbles on the edge of Akio's leather vest while he holds the gibble close on the bumpy bus ride.

24. - Top - End - #24

GreataxeFighterGuy

Show

The plane slowly taxies on the tarmac for a few minutes before coming to a stop.

The plane is now safe to depart Thank you again for flying free Bravi-airlines. You may now Disembark.
    Passengers begin leaving the plane and as you stand up to grab your things from the overhead bin, you notice the PBCA hat Dorien was wearing. It’s in the seat in front of you. As you reach for it, a newly-familiar voice rings out behind you.

“Monstuuuuuur!” the boy giggles, putting his hands up again, feigning to attack you.

“Dorien, grab your hat. We have to go see Dad!” Toni explains. Grabbing their things.

“Daddy Monstuur! Bye Bye!” he says waving to you as he’s getting carried off the plane and into the concourse. You grab your belongings and head out into the airport as well.

Once you’ve cleared customs and make your way into the airport, You’re bombarded with ads for the beginning of the PBCA, even though it’s still weeks away and Most stores have replica jerseys from some of the more high profile teams including Zenith, last season’s champions.

As you finally grab your things and make it through the hustle and bustle of the airport, a man holding a sign with your name on it is waiting on you.

“Dr. Sturlson. Great to meet you I’m Jack. Mr. Tribe’s assistant. We have a car waiting for you out front.” He says, leading you towards the doors. You hop in and are later joined by another young woman before being whisked to the Club House.

Show
    The woman maintains her cheerful demeanor but the feeling you get from her is stifling. You vision narrows and it feels as if you’re staring into an avalanche rushing straight for you.

Spoiler: Focus DC: 15
    Show
    Spoiler: Pass
    Show

“Good Luck.” she says looking back at her phone. The crushing feeling is lifted and you’re able to breathe normally.

Show
    You’re overwhelmed by the crushing force. Your vision fades to nothingness…

You’re back on the plane. You look and see the woman scrolling through her phone again. She looks at you and a fiendish grin splits her features.

We’re now making our final decent to Trier Inter-Regional Airport be sure to lock your trays in the upright position and once landed, be sure to wait until the stewards announce it is safe to do so before leaving your seat. Thank you for Flying the Starry skies with Star Airlines!

The Announcement breaks your Haze and Desmond stretches as the announcement ends.
    “Nice easy flight when you’re asleep most of it. You get any sleep?” He asks.

The plane lands and taxis. You’re shuttled off the plane and into baggage claim and as you pick up your bags a voice rings out.

“Desmond… She your new recruit?”

Desmond turns around quickly to see the woman you had the interaction with earlier. “Hey Alex! You back in town already?” Desmond says hugging the girl. “Yeah! She’s one of my newest signings. Come over I’ll introduce you.”

“No need. I spoke to her on the plane. She’s a good start. Train her up good. She might be a talent… eventually.” She says to you with a smirk

“Don’t worry, We got a trick or two up our sleeve. We do this right We’ll be with climbing in no time.” He says to her.

“Good to hear... This might be an interesting season after all.” she says walking away towards a tall man dressed in a beige suit.

“What was that about?” Desmond asks as you’re heading towards the car waiting on you both.

You both hop in and head to the Club House.

Show
    “O-okay. Well Maybe we’ll scrim against each other. I bet your team is super strong. I don’t wanna brag but I might make captain this year.” He says. What kind of Pokemon do you have? I have a-”

“Excuse me, sir. Your companion is looking for you.” The stewardess says. “Please accompany me to your proper seat.”

“Right, Of Course. Thank you. It was nice talking to you.” He says, walking back to the front of the plane.

The rest of your flight was uneventful. And once it’s time to disembark, you see the man walk off the plane with a Dark haired woman.

You pass through customs with no issue and continue to collect your things. Once done you descend the stairs to the exit where you see a man holding a sign with your name on it.

“Great to meet you I’m Jack. Mr. Tribe’s assistant. We have a car waiting for you out front.” He says, leading you towards the doors. You climb into the car and see a tall ghoulish man with white hair sharing the back seat with you. Once secure you both are whisked away to the Club House.

Spoiler: Bus Brigade - Akio, Skylar, Mix
    Show
    The bus trip feels like forever before you get into Illigo but you arrive at the Stoutland express Bus Depot on Time. You get off and see the skyline of Trier off in the Distance including The PBCA Battle Coliseum. The city stretches across the horizon before bumping against a huge body of water. Looking around You spot a woman wearing the crest of the Quest P.C. bearing a sign with your names on it.

“Hey guys, I’m Janice an assistant for Mr. Tribe and work for him and Quest. I’m sure you all exhausted from the whole ordeal so let’s hurry and get you settled in.” She says, frequently pushing up her glasses.

She shuttles you all over to the Clubhouse. Idly chatting about the city and the surrounding places the entire way.

Spoiler: All
    Show
    You pull up to a side entrance on a Massive building that looks like an apartment complex built into a gymnasium. The building is old but well taken care of and you are escorted in through a set of fire doors.The hallway attaches to a few small offices and locker rooms before opening into an administrative office where several people working in a short cubicle farm. Some wave as you pass by others looking up information or are on calls. You are walked through the cubicle farm and through a set of Double-Doors into a Massive Gymnasium Where a semicircle of chairs is arranged for you all to sit. The semi-circle is face a set of 3 chairs where a lone Man waits for you all.

“Hey guys pull up a seat. This is gonna be really quick since I know most of you have been traveling today. Thank you, those who are in attendance. I’m Desmond Tribe, Owner and President of Quest Pokémon Club. I hope you all had relatively comfortable trips here. Tomorrow we’ll have a short meeting have you meet the staff and get started on training but before all that I’ll show you where you all will be staying. So if you all will follow me.” He says hoping out of his chair. There are apartments you’ll be staying in throughout the season unless we’re traveling then proper arrangements will be made. I dont think you guys should have any issues but if you do speak to Janice or Jack. They’ll be in apartment 1-A and 2-A respectively. We’ll get everything started here in the Morning! Call time is 9 am local Back in the gym. Talk to you then.”

Morning comes bright and early and as you enter the gym you see Desmond again, Hair uncoifed but dressed in a slight different tracksuit and sporting a cup of coffee.He’s Flanked by a younger, Brown-skinned woman with dreadlocks dyed white to his left and a taller, older woman with short, curly blonde hair on his right.

“Good morning everyone, I’m Desireé Tribe and I’m the Team Captain for tribe.” The White haired woman says, just barely above a whisper. “Pleased to meet you.”

“I’m Vera Patterson and I’ll be your Coach for the season!” The Taller woman says. “I’m a retired pro so if you have any questions Please don’t hesitate to ask and fair warning: I will do my best to turn you into champions but you’ll get left behind if you can’t keep up.”

Spoiler: Intuition DC: 8 and/or Gen Ed: DC 10
    Show
    Spoiler: Intuition - Pass
    Show
    This woman is very strong.
    Spoiler: Gen Ed. - Pass
    Show
    She was the Legendary 6-time PBCA Champion and MVP known as Shiva, The Goddess of Destruction.
    Show
    She's tall.

“These ladies will be your guides throughout the season. Listen close and if you have any issues, bring it up with them. Now Please, Introduce yourselves and your Pokemon.”

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina looks over her teammates as they group for the morning. Upon seeing Vera Alaina's body tenses and her eyes don't leave the woman until Desmond stops talking. Alaina steps forward and releases 3 pokemon in front of her. "My name, is Alaina Falistar. These are my companions, Bao hů, motioning at a Wobbuffet, Máo, motioning at a Beedrill, and Shěbīng, motioning to a Mienfoo." Her eyes flash to Vera once more before continuing "I hope to learn a lot from you all." She finishes saying, turning to her new teammates.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-05 at 12:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

Stein stands up to grab his things from the overhead bin, and he freezes slightly at seeing the hat he thought he imagined. Was it a dream? Did I see another ghost? Why would the ghost of a boy leave his hat here..... His mind races until he's brought back with a snap of the familiar voice. "Again, it was nice meeting you Toni and Dorien, sorry for falling asleep on you both. Have a safe trip!" Stein waves good-bye to the first new faces he had met in the strange new region.

As he walks back out into baggage claim, Stein ignores most of the shops. "No need for any of these, since I'll be getting one regardless." He thinks aloud to himself. After he claims his bags, he notices the man with the sign. "Nice to meet you Jack, looking forward to working with you all. I'm sorry if you were waiting long." He follows Jack outside to the car and gets in the back seat, mind still racing at what had occurred on the plane. When the young woman enters the car as well, Stein smiles and proceeds to become lost in thought again. "Nice flight?" He asked the young woman.

Stein is silent through most of Desmond's speech at the gym-like building they were taken to and watches those around him rather carefully. He felt more exhausted than he should have even after sleeping some on the plane. At his apartment, Stein unpacks his things, mainly the things he would need for the next day at this point and let's his Pokemon out for a little air before sleep. "Early day tomorrow, we should get one good rest. Gill would you mind helping me put some of these away?" The ghoulish Totodile helps Stein put away some of his things into a closet, as Spirit and Marie get a few other things situated. Namely, Spirit tries on one of Stein's spare coats.

The next morning Stein wakes up rather early. He still felt like he hadn't slept much, but then again he was used to careening the caffeine and staying up late into the night and sleeping most of the day. Better to study the Ghost type that way. He dresses in his traditional garb for the morning meeting and makes his way to the gym. After Desmond introduces Vera, Stein can't help but feel a sense of unease. As the strength radiates from this woman, he feels as though he knows what she did but he can't seem to recall at this time. As the others introduce themselves, he listens closely to his new teammates and follows suite.

Stein steps forward and calls out his Pokemon from the Dusk Balls. "My name is Dr. Stein Sturluson, I research and often lecture on the changing of Pokemon physiology specializing in Ghost Type Pokemon. These are my companions and lab assistants, Marie, Gill, and Spirit." At the mention of each name, the respective Pokemon jumps up and waves. Marie's purple neck floof ruffled as she jumps to Stein's shoulder. Gill dances a bit as seems the case with Totodiles, and it was hard to miss the purplish skin. Spirit waved his free hand and looked rather normal, save for a the green markings on his head, and some purple markings on his body. "I look forward to working with you all, and learning more alongside you."

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Intuition+1AP: 3d6 13
    Gen Edu.: 2d6 7

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Still obviously nervous and kinda stammering her way through her sentences. "Uh- hello. I guess you're Mr. Tribe? My uh... My name is Danetta, but I guess you already know that... Umm... Where are we- going??"

28. - Top - End - #28

AssassinGuy

Show

Stein's head jerks a little when she says that he is Mr. Tribe. "Oh no, my apologies. I forget to introduce myself. No I'm Dr. Sturluson, here for I'm guessing the same reason you are." He chuckles a bit. "I'm not actually sure to be honest."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Akio puts his hands together and bows halfway to everyone in a respectful and deliberate fashion before opening his three friend ball apricorn balls. A Jangmo-o, Amaura, and a Gible.

"My name is Akio Feral. I am a pokemon beast tamer and an acolyte of Terrakion. My companions are Endurance, Rime, and Zenis." He offers an open hand to the three pokemon Jangmo-o, Amaura, and Gible
    respectively. All of his pokemon seem calmer than average except for the Gible, who eyes around interested in all that's happening and nibbles on the long, white scarf with green and brown decor dangling from Akios arms and shoulders that shows symbols notating Terrakion on it.

"I hope to grow in the opportunities we experience together and will be at your service if you're ever in need of me."

He glances around the room quickly, taking note of everyone and their pokemon once revealed and then turns to walk into the training room to watch everyone's training styles, and then to meditate with his pokemon and eventually spar with them unless someone stops him or something else interrupts.

Spoiler: @Everyone
    Show
    *Akio has Aura Reader and would like to know what he sees in everyone's auras. I will edit subtle reactions to everyone's auras if any stand out especially to Akio

((Intuition and Gen Ed Rolls Failed. orokos.com/roll/753957))
    Last edited by Eincolt; 2019-09-04 at 02:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I am Hiro

these are my Pokemon Crunk *pointing to Frogadier*, Kittay *pointing to litten*, and Wally *pointing to Sandile*. I assume we will start training sooner rather than later. All we've done since we've got here is talk and get escorted around. I do not see how this will help us win the league.

Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show
    I am too stupid to even roll the dice for those checks so don't bother.