New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: [IC] Summit: Pokémon Battle Circuit Association - PW

Spoiler: Stein
    Show
    She pauses for a second thinking about having someone else around for that before completely seamlessly and not awkwardly changing the subject.

"Umm, hey, before we started, you mentioned something about an experiment, right? What was it? Was it a success?"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Sorry it took so long to reply, it's been a busy few days at work lmao :)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Lightbulb Re: [IC] Summit: Pokémon Battle Circuit Association - PW

Spoiler: Mix and Skylar
    Show
    "Good Job, you two." Vera says walking over to the your court. " Mix, we need to work on getting your team a bit stronger. and Diversifying your team. Its better than most here but that seems to be a running theme amongst your teams. and i'll have Desi work on refining your commands. Skylar, You got some real monsters on your team. We need to work on maximizing your potential. Dragons are big potential but we need more a bit of earlier firepower, I think. Ooh aor maybe a steel type if you're worried about attrition..." she says walking to the last match that wrapped up.

Spoiler: Post Match: Mix v Skylar
    Show
    Spoiler: Mix - Post Match Goodies
    Show
    62xp and .1 loyalty to be distributed amongst your pokemon as you see fit and 3 trainer xp.

Spoiler: Skylar - Post Match Goodies
    Show
    141 and .2 loyalty to be distributed amongst your pokemon as you see fit and 3 trainer xp.

Spoiler: Akio and Racquel
    Show
    "Well done the two of you." Vera says walking over to your court. "a well fought match. But i believe one either of you could've one with a bit more instruction over your Pokemon. Akio, I know you have a hard time 'commanding' your companions but On field instruction is whats needed like a coach on a team you can see things they cannot and will yield better results with your timely instructions. You will be a force in time. Speaking of..." Vera wheels to face Racquel. "Your team is strong without your solid input, but their potential will never be fully realized this way. True strength comes from a combined effort."

Spoiler: Post Match: Akio v Racquel
    Show
    Spoiler: Akio - Post Match Goodies
    Show
    69xp and .1 loyalty to be distributed amongst your pokemon as you see fit and 3 trainer xp.

Spoiler: Racquel - Post Match Goodies
    Show
    141 and .2 loyalty to be distributed amongst your pokemon as you see fit and 3 trainer xp.

"All right everyone! I hope you've all gotten a feel for Live battles. This will be happening again in 3 days and increase the frequency until its daily. Our first goal is Conquering the PAL and making our way to the PBL. This cannot happen without tremendous growth on your part. To that end we'll need to prepare you and your teams to the utmost. Grab you 'mon and come with me.

...It's Time to meet the Professor."

Chapter 1: The Path

Walking through the streets of Trier, The City is buzzing with the start of the new season quickly approaching. Signage and team paraphernalia adorn shop windows, Kids are wearing Jerseys of some of the More Popular PBL and PCL teams. Excitedly chatting, about going to the Rating games starting next month. As you walk closer to the stadium You see folks in business attire waving to you all.
    Spoiler: Perception: DC 8 and/or Intuition: DC 12
    Show
    Spoiler: Perception Pass
    Show
    Some of the folks passing by seem to be looking at you all rather intently.
    Spoiler: Intuition Pass
    Show
    Some of them are definitely talking about you.

Just a few minutes more and you all arrive at the Pokemon Center, situated just beyond the shadow of the stadium and over looking the Lake. This is easily the Biggest PC you've seen. When the Doors You see a couple dozen nurses and talking with each other and Moving throughout the massive lobby where People and pokemon are milling about.

"Hey Doc You Here?!" Vera Shouts. "I told ya I was bringing the greenies by so you could get a good look at em."

-"Yeah I'm here. Bring them Back!" A Booming Voice Echoes from a back hallway.

Vera Nods towards the Hall. "Head on back. Leave your troops with the nurses to get'em healed." she says and walks towards what looks like a Lab down an adjacent hallway. You make you way down the hall to a Half-opened door with machinery humming in the beyond it. "Come in." The voice booms over the din of machine noise.

"I'm glad you could all make it today. Normally I try to make myself over to Quest to meet with the new recruits early but I've been busy." the deep voice resonates. You round the corner and see a massive man dressed in a Lab coat with a shock of white hair on his Head who's looking over a chart and writing something down. He looks up at you and smiles.

"Good Morning. I'm Professor Sequoia. Head Pokémon Professor of the Illigo Region. A pleasure to meet you all!" He says with a cheerful grin. "You must be the new recruits from Quest Club. Please come in I'm just working on few things in preparation for the PBCA Kick off. If you all have any questions about the league and how it works let me know. There'll be a presentation at the end of the week for new members. But you didn't come here to hear me carry on, You'll need your supplies. I'll get them. Feel free to look around for a bit while I get everything gathered." He says trundling deeper into the lab.

Spoiler: OOC: All
    Show
    You can roll Perception, Intuition, or ANY non-occult EDU, to check out the lab.
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2019-09-14 at 10:42 PM.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Replying to Akio, Racquel will say: "I am not one to disregard the Strong, not those beneath me. The distinction is quite large. You have proven Strong. She shakes the hand given to her. "I will come back in a moment."

Racquel will approach each of the winners of the other battles, and ask if they mind joining her and her opponent for a talk.

Spoiler: Battle Winners
    Show
    "You are strong. I would much appreciate you coming with me to talk with my opponent, Akio. I would much like to keep the strength of our team together, so that we may win together.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Skylar will say goodbye to Mix after offering to shake her hand. "That was a good battle. That Mimikyu of yours is tough."

She will join Racquel and Akio at the blond's invitation. "So, what did you want to talk about? Even though we won, that doesn’t mean that our opponents weren’t strong."

Spoiler: Experience Distribution
    Show
    Cinder gains 120 XP- Levels up to 15 and evolves to Charmeleon mechanically
    Thorne gains 14 XP- Levels up to 11
    Lamia gains 7 XP and .2 loyalty
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-09-14 at 05:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Sitting on the floor, chatting with Stein, Danetta will look at Racquel with some confusion.

"Umm, sure okay..." she says, getting up and following Racquel over. Her Mightyena trotting happily behind her.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Danetta
    Show

Stein blinks for a moment then realizes what happened. ”Oh that’s a bad habit of mine to refer to many events as experiments. My apologies.”

Stein waves as Danetta walks away and decides to internalize his lose. Seems like I’m the only one to really get a look of disappointment..... He can’t help but let the thoughts get to him as he watches the battles finish up and the lengths of the talks to others.

Spoiler: Akio
    Show

Steins aura is now solid Blue tinged with many black spots.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-14 at 05:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler: Perc Roll
    Show

As she is walking along, she seems mystified by the crowds and buildings. Her head is whipping every which way, trying to take in all the sights and colors. The stumbles a bit when we approach the PC, but regains her composure rather quickly. Of course, what kind of elegant hunter could be so clumsy...

Danetta will leave just her Mightyena with the nurses, opting to keep the other two ball on her person as they progress into the building, still gawking at everything around them. While not leaving her spot in the group, she will look around at the lab, just to see what kinda stuff he might have lying around...

Spoiler: look around lab roll!
    Show
    Wow! A whopping 10
    Spoiler: grumbles
    Show
    I did better on the non boosted roll, I'm hurt....
    Last edited by firefish55; 2019-09-15 at 12:12 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina absentmindedly looks around as they walk through the familiar streets of her home city. When told to leave her pokemon with the nurses she does so and follows Vera to the professor. Alaina glances around the lab but doesn't take anything in.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-14 at 11:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Akio keeps his cool as he walks through the streets of the city following the group, his intuition aware of the comments of others. It's good that our appearance has already made a stir. I hope I can use this for the inspiration of nature's majesty for others.

Once reaching the professor's domain he takes a look around to see if he notices anything. He's extremely curious of all of the knowledge and interests the professor has to offer and hopes to find something that will help his mission, and give him some more insight into the goals of his allies. He needed to find the bonds of a pack to get far enough in this competition to show what the elements can really bring and demand their respect.

Looking around he decided to start with the older Stien while browsing the store. "I saw that you seem to have an interest in Ghost type pokemon. I can understand the mystery of it, and their unusual natures, but I tend to find them more akin to poor cursed souls in some fashion. Sure some may find peace in their new life, but doesn't a soul find it terrifying to be transformed into something by the carnage or curse of the end of their life? I worry it might be more of a benefit to find some kind of way to provide a safe passage to whatever life lies beyond or that we may reincarnate into. Not that I would seek to deprive the life from any living being... But of a soul in torment? Are your thoughts that ghost pokemon may at all be a natural process?"
    Akio Feral

Cleric of Terrakion, Initative 15

Spoiler: Current Pokemon
    Show

Nickname Pokemon Initiative
    Zenis Gible 15
    Rine Arauma 7
    Endurance Jangmo-o 10
    Masama Gligar 20

Spoiler: Character Info
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

AssassinGuy

Stein gets up from his seat on the floor and follows Vera and the others, walking a bit towards the back of the group. He does take notice of the mass of people watching the group. It was times like this he wished he could phase out and just reappear. Perhaps they figured it was time to check out the competition.

He isn’t all too surprised with the size of the Pokémon Center as they would need some huge facilities for all the teams in the PBCA. He did wonder if there would be time to view and study the Professor’s lab at some point. As instructed, he leaves his roster with the nurse, quickly apologizing for any inconvenience he may have caused.

Within the lab, he listens to the Professor and gladly takes up the offer to look around. After all, he was going to ask for a tour anyway.

As he is approached and is asked about his fascination with Ghost type Pokémon by Akio, Stein regains his former spark of positive energy. ”Akio correct? Yes I’ve done a great deal of research into Ghost types and find them fascinating to work with as my mother found the Occult fascinating. I can see where you come from thinking them akin to tormented souls crying for release, and in some I feel there is that very situation. I do want to assure you, I hadn’t placed any of my assistants in any mortal danger for the physiology augmentation process so that they could become Ghost typed. That being said, Marie had taken to the transformation well as she became elated at the change. That could be the natural state of an Eevee but all the same. Much like the Dullahan, we should provide that safe passage for one to pass on rather than to remain in torment. Not that I would want to deprive another being of life. I would think it terrifying to wake up and find you have become something else entirely, especially should that transformation be caused by carnage or curse. I suppose what brought me to the Ghost type was my Dullahan mother who taught me to respect the living and dead. I like to think that Ghost Pokémon are be a natural process, however it is something that can only truly be speculated rather than tested. As a scientist of the occult, I revel in the mystery that surrounds our Ghost Pokémon friends. Do I wish to know the truth? Absolutely! But to subject any living being to that test? It is unethical.”

Stein stops for a moment and regains his calm and collected composure. ”All that said, as a man of the cloth what are your thoughts on the matter? I see that your Pokémon are treated much with respect and acknowledgement of skill and intellect. What does Terrakion teach? Also out of curiosity, are you particularly fascinated by a particular type base?”
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-15 at 12:16 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Akio nods to the scientist's thoughts, and gives his pokemon to the nurse as they continue the discussion.

"Terrakion doesn't exactly teach, more than punish those who would encroach on the wilds he protects. As he protects all of nature, it is our duty to find balance in our lifestyles and the resources around us and not displace pokemon from their natural habitats. I often see in the middle of cities it is hard for any one of the many many people who live there to see their individual impacts on the wilderness around them. Terrakion devastates those cities as we have devastated the world around them. I seek Terrakion's strength, to impress upon others the strength of the elements and the beauty of nature that it might remind them of their ties to the earth and make them more conscious of their impacts before the limits of his vengeance is tested.

I don't find any one particular type calling my name, but more of the nature of certain pokemon do. The more bestial, the strong, the fearsome animalistic instincts raw with nature's intents. There is something that I connect with in pokemon with that primal energy. That is why I call myself a beast tamer as well. I do not train my pokemon. We spar, we learn from each other, and we all grow in strength."
    Akio Feral

Show

Zenis Gible 15
    Rine Arauma 7
    Endurance Jangmo-o 10
    Masama Gligar 20

Show

12. - Top - End - #162

AssassinGuy

He nods in respect to the Acolyte’s words, and responds in turn.

”I see, so a reverence for the natural world and protection of it. We do tend to encroach and destroy much of the world, and that is a truth many fail to see. I did notice your ‘training’ method and find it similar to my own. I would consider myself a beast tamer by way of learning more about our world through our Pokémon friends, by way of respect on intellect rather than fear or commands."

He removes his glasses to clean them quickly, revealing his red eyes momentarily. "As a scientist, I wish to explore the truths of nature and the world around us. If I may, you and your companions have an immense strength. Might I trouble you to ask for some spare trainings time or even just more discussions as this? I must say that I'm elated to find someone to discuss such subjects with.”
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-15 at 01:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Akio smiles at the researcher's question. "Any request you have I'm sure will be of no trouble to me. In fact I look forward to it." He bows slightly, and goes to see if his pokemon are healed yet and to see if the professor is ready for them again.
    Akio Feral

Show

Zenis Gible 15
    Rine Arauma 7
    Endurance Jangmo-o 10
    Masama Gligar 20

Show

14. - Top - End - #164

AssassinGuy

Stein bows to the Acolyte of Terrakion, and smiles.

”I look forward to having another nice friend to talk with.”

He goes to check the status of his roster as well before continuing to peruse the lab.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-15 at 06:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

As the group is lead through the city Ramona notices the people staring down the group, she puts a tighter grip around her poke balls and sighs, "Sure is different being back in the limelight, its a little uncomfortable being noticed again..."
    Spoiler: Percep Roll
    Show

When the group is introduced to the professor, Ramona looks at some of the beakers and lab eqiupment
    Spoiler: Med Edu Roll
    Show
    http://orokos.com/roll/757033

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Skylar will wave back at crowd, grinning widely. She recognized the teams on the kids' shirts as they walked by.

As they enter the Center, Skylar will hand over her Cranidos and Charmander, but keeps Lamia with her since she hadn't taken any damage.

She smiles at the Professor as he explains everything and checks out the lab when he leaves to get their things.

Perception: 14
    Med Edu: 13

17. - Top - End - #167
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Earlier:Once the other winners gather with Racquel, she will begin: "Thanks for coming with me. Where I am from, the strong protect and nurture the weak. I expect you all to help me help our teammates. I hope for a very cooperative team."

Later:Seeing the people watching her and her teammates, Racquel will smile and wave at anyone whose eyes meet her or her companions. Once in the lab, she clearly loses her more carefree demeanor she adopted outside, and stiffens up, not even looking around the lab and following dutifully.

18. - Top - End - #168

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Lab itself is full of beakers and instruments humming along in a low cacophony and some of you explore the lab

Spoiler: Sightings
    Show
    Spoiler: Med Edu.
    Show
    You see a few pokemon eggs in an incubator, several spotted and or patterned in some way. There are electrodes on a select few of them and seem to be monitoring something called a S.V.

Spoiler: Tech Edu
    Show
    You see several suits hung up further into the lab in various colors and an enclosure with a Pichu. The rodent discharges against the fabric of the suit and you see the energy coruscating across.
    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    There are several pictures of The Professor with a woman and young girl adorning his desk.

"DAD. DAD! I DID IT! I GOT THE INTERSHIP! I got..." A young woman shouts, entering the room to realize her father was not the immediate audience. "Oops... Sorry everyone. I'm looking for my Dad."

"Back Here Pheebs, Be up there in a second!" He says. "Congrat--ulations, sweetie. I'm sure you'll learn a--ton with Alli." He says carrying a MASSIVE chest and setting it down with a solid 'thud'. "Whew, I swear it gets heavier every year. Guys this is my daughter, Phoebe. She's a Junior over at Illligo Polytechical University and just got a herself a fancy intership. We'll tell you mother tonight and all go out to celebrate."

"Thanks Dad! You're the best!" She says hugging him then makes a call on her cell phone and heads back out. "Hey Kai, I GOT THE INTERNSHIP AHHHHHHHHH!"

"You might be getting soft in your old age." Shiva jeers, Wearing a Bodysuit "Not like you to boast about anything."

"You might be getting soft, too. I remember that uniform fitting a bit less snug last year."

"You Tryna' die, Pops?"

"Now now. Its all in fun." He says chuckling. "We should get this all underway before I have to stave her off. In that steel monstrosity lies the beginnings to you being a full-Fledged Battler. First, You'll be given a PDA. It can be used to help locate Pokemon based on the current biome you're in. It also holds your Player card. This will be used to show your current ranks to other Battlers. Right now, you'll all be Ranked #399 until the Rating game to take place in a month. But Before then you'll need to fill out your Rosters and Train so today you'll be the spending the next Day or so in-"

"Watersmeet Forest." Shiva interjects. "You'll begin assembling a competitive roster. You're injured Pokemon should be ready soon. Head back to the Lobby, collect your-- stuff. Grab some Pokéballs from the Mart and head over to Quest,We'll ride from QPC and should we should get there ASAP. We'll be camping tomorrow. and You should have a bit of Poken on your PDA we'll get you all started as soon as you're all ready to move out."

Prof Sequoia Opens the Giant steel chest to unveil a dozen strongboxes that fit neatly into it. He hefts one out and hands it too you. The box easily weighs 30 pounds and feels like its filled with concrete but opening it Reveals a PDA and a 3 Premier Balls. The PDA Feel like it made up half the weight as you removed it. you see it is attached to an armband that can "easily" adjust.

Spoiler: OOC: PDA
    Show
    You may Perform a Tech Edu. Roll to uncover functions of the PDA or find information therein. You can ask for help from one of your teammates to assist you in finding information they have found.
    Spoiler: Tech Edu Roll: 3+
    Show
    Staring at the face of the PDA, It hums to life with a little synthesized welcome that brings you to a Desktop screen with a few application icons on it
    Spoiler: Tech Edu Roll: 8+
    Show
    You are able to check settings for weather, find the application that tracks you Poken(Current amount: 12,000) and when its been spent, the PokéDex, flashlight and other auxillary applications
    Spoiler: Tech Edu Roll: 13+
    Show
    You're able to find the security Settings to scan both fingerprints and retinas to ensure purchases from your PDA are only made by you. You also find the app containing your Player Card information and a mode you can turn on to find any other people with Player Card info.

"The camera on the front of the PDA that will allow you to make purchases with a simple swipe at any mart but it will not immediately update you on the remaining balance of it. So be mindful of that." The professor calls out once everyone has collected theirs. "Have fun and be safe out there in the woods. There have been several sighting of Ursaring in the area which is a little unusual."

Last edited by TJ Zen; 2019-09-18 at 08:56 AM.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Taking the PDA, Alaina plays around with it for a couple minutes as she walks back to the lobby. Checking her balance she keeps the number in mind. Alaina thanks the nurse when her pokemon are returned clipping them to the back of her belt. Browsing the wares Alaina takes her time, carefully counting the amount of items she is taking and their individual prices. Many times she will put back one item before picking up another. Finally deciding on her final purchases Alaina approaches the counter. "Good morning. I was wondering if you sold any weaponry or things trainers could use to defend themselves with."

Spoiler: Rolls and Purchases
    Show
    Tech Edu. - 11

Alaina buys -
    10x Pokeballs - 2,500
    5x Potions - 1,000
    5x Affliction Heals - 1,000
    First Aid Kit - 1,000
    Total - 5,500

20. - Top - End - #170

AssassinGuy

Stein looks at the suits hanging up and at the Pichu in the enclosure. He can't help but start thinking out loud. "That's a nice way to get something electrified. I should think about adding an Electric type to my team of assistants....." He is snapped back to reality by the Professor coming back in to talk.

He takes the box and is very surprised at its weight. Nothing like some of the things he had Gill and Spirit help him with around his home lab, but still pretty hefty. He takes out the Premier Balls and places them in a spare pocket inside his lab coat. He then starts to fiddle with the PDA. It didn't take him long to find the auxiliary applications or even the Poken tracker and PokeDex. He did eventually find the security settings and quickly set it up for his finger print and retina scan. Mainly having them as a precaution. He decided to turn on the Player Card info mode just to hopefully gain more knowledge about those he may run into. Stein sets up the armband but places the PDA in the other inside pocket of his lab coat. Just in case of falls. "This is a nifty little device. Thank you Professor Sequoia. Does anyone require assistance with this?" He figures it polite to offer the assistance, even if it is turned down.

Curiosity got the better of him while helping his teammates. Without missing a beat in helping them set up the PDAs, Stein turns to the Professor and has to ask. Professor Sequoia, I noticed the Pichu over there with the bodysuits much like what Vera has on now. I was wondering what they are for. On that note the various colors, are they meant to signify a type specialty or ranking? Or is there some other function as to why the Pichu is occasionally discharging against the fabric? Purely out of curiosity."

Stein goes to check on his Pokemon and pick them up before returning to the Club House. He thanks the nurse at the desk and inquires about Spirit's injuries. After retrieving his Pokemon, he will peruse the shop and make his purchases before heading back to Quest to get some things together for the camping night. If his teammates need help with the shop working out the PDAs, he will help them out with that as well. He will ask the shopkeep, "Do you happen to know where I can find a PokeBall Tool Kit?"

Spoiler: OOC and Shopping
    Show

10x PokeBalls, free Premier Ball! $2500
    5x Potions $1000
    5x Affliction Heal $1000
    First Aid Kit $1000
    1x Revive $1000

Total spent: $6500
    Remaining: $5500
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2019-09-18 at 10:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Alaina
    Show
    "Oh I'm sorry, we currently do not sell weaponry here. But We do Have a Weaponry Manufacturer in town a lot of Pros and enthusiast tend to use. It's Called Claw and Shell weaponry Run by a trio of siblings. They'll have just about anything you need or can make it for you given enough time and resources." The clerk responds. "The Shop is 3 blocks from here. Take a right out of the door and it'll be on your right You'll see a sign with a Kingler bashing a Cloyster.

Show
    Spoiler: Clothes Maketh the Man
    Show
    "Hey Hey and inquisitive mind and watchful eye! Yes, the suits have a color coordinated to the elemental connection of a person. Though with enough tinkering you can set it to any color you choose so some professionals have it changed or can change it with an Application on their PDA! The Bodysuits are designed to help the wearer withstand damage and Increase your natural sympathy to make a persons ability to awaken latent abilities. The Downside is that you gain weaknesses to any types pokemon of the same type or types you sympathize with. So be extra careful if you choose to use one."

Spoiler: A Case for Cases
    Show
    "For Pokéball cases, just head on to Claw and Shell. They'll have most of the cases for purchase." The Man behind the counter responds.
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2019-09-18 at 01:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

AssassinGuy

Clothes Maketh the Man

Stein listens intently as the Professor explains the use of the suits. "Oh the Sympathetic Typing phenomena where you have a deep connection to a type. Interesting, and astounding. I had thought to try and find a way to bring some more of the abilities forward but this is fantastic!" So then if the color signifies the typing then......" Stein trails off for a moment and looks through the colors that he can see, finally pointing to a dark violet suit. "This would be for a Ghost typing. Fascinating. I would very much like to try one out." Stein had taken some time to look through the PDA before hand. "I suppose the color modification app would be something I need to download at a later date. Would that mean the suit would need an upgrade as well? Suppose I could still wear my lab coat over it to keep my look." Stein was half talking directly and half thinking out loud. "Thank you very much for allowing me to view your work Professor Sequoia!"

At the Shop!

"Claw and Shell? If they do cases they should have everything I'm looking for. Thank you sir." Stein bows slightly to the man and once he is finished helping out his teammates that require assistance, makes his way to Claw and Shell to inquire about a Pokeball Tool Kit before heading back to the Quest House. He also makes sure it is alright with Vera before just disappearing. "Lady Vera, I promise to make this fast but if I may I want to swing by this shop called Claw and Shell to inquire about a tool kit. If I need to save that trip for after we return I will do so gladly."

Spoiler: If allowed to go to Claw and Shell
    Show

Stein makes his way over and inquires about a Pokeball Tool Kit with the shop owners. If available he will purchase one tool kit and make his way back to the Quest House.

Spoiler: If not allowed
    Show

Stein makes his way back to the Quest House to gather his things.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"Thank you! Do you know how far it is from here?" Alaina says with a small smile. Heading out of the mart Alaina will attempt to find Vera. Should she find the coach Alaina asks if she has enough time to stop by another shop before heading out to Watersmeet.
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-18 at 11:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Skylar plays around with the PDA, and figures out most of it, but isn't quite sure how to access all of the information. She sees the tall guy in the lab coat, (Stein, if she remembered right. The guy with the adorable ghostly Eevee) doing a few extra things with it, and so makes her way over to him after he offer his help.

"Hey there! I'm Skylar. Ummm... Stein, right? Thanks for offering the assistance. I managed to get into most of it, but you seem really knowledgeable and you probably know way more about tech stuff than I do."

After her conversation with Stein, she'll approach the Professor. "Excuse me, Professor Sequoia. Do you happen to know my father, Dr. Faust? He had mentioned you in his last letter and I wondered if you could tell me what he's been up to."

She'll head to the Mart and pick up quite a few things.

5 Pokeballs- 1250
    2 Great Balls- 1000
    10 Potions- 2000
    Climbing Kit- 600
    Survival Kit- 1000
    3 Bait- 900
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-09-19 at 11:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Akio fiddles with the PDA, curious at what it could offer without much fruition rather than a couple of the basics. Upon Stein's offer he will request to know what he's learned about the PDA and will listen intently so that he can remember how he discovered what he did on the little device. He was very much interested in the Pokemon Locator function.

He was confident of his wilderness skills. At the sound that they would be staying for several nights in the forest he felt instantly more at peace with his surroundings, and instantly was more impatient to get to out of the city where he could finally relax, untensed and away from the noise, busy-ness, and consumerism.

Akio asks the professor when he has a moment "Would you be aware of a nearby location such as a library where we can study on the local pokemon varieties that live in the area here and in the Watersmeet Forest. Also is there someplace of spiritual significance near such as a shrine within the city or in the forest?"

Spoiler: Shopping
    Show

(Later while shopping he appears to be looking more forward than at any particular item while he scoops items casually into his basket, and instead of using the PDA goes to the attendant at the front to check out, looking slightly sheepish for the first time when the attendant tells him he does not have enough money for all of the items he requested... anxiously he begins removing items and placing them back where he found them within the store until left with the following below.)

x20 Basic Balls ($5,000)
    x2 Premier Balls (Free)
    x4 Great Balls ($2,000)
    x4 Potion ($800)
    x3 Affliction Heal ($600)
    x1 Revive ($1,000)
    x1 First Aid Kit ($1,000)
    x2 Repel ($400)
    x2 Bait ($600)
    x1 Lure ($600)
    Akio Feral

Show

Zenis Gible 15
    Rine Arauma 7
    Endurance Jangmo-o 10
    Masama Gligar 20

Show

26. - Top - End - #176

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: ASK DA PROFESSOR
    Show
    Spoiler: Skylar
    Show
    "Your Father is James Faust? He's a brilliant man! He's working with The Elder Dr. Beech. designing a Sanctuary for endangered Pokémon and assisting to make sure the Pokémon are adapting well. I met him years ago when we were studying at IPU together. I was a TA for a couple of his classes while finishing up my Doctorate. If you see him before I do, tell him I said hello!"

Show
    "Anytime Anytime!" Sequoia says. "The suits require a waiver since some don't always fair too well in them since they cause a pretty intense shift is physiology. Some- " He says, Pointing to Vera. "Take to them like a duck to water." Most have an acceptable level of biofeedback so they're allowed. Dr. Annalise Beech is working on new uniforms for next season and should be presented at the Meeting next week. You'll probably get them immediately after."

Spoiler: Akio
    Show
    "There's a Library a few blocks north of here, but you can also get a lot of info from your PDA. That being said, there is something about opening a book and getting lost in it. As for shrines the closest is right at the edge of the Forest you're heading too. I believe it's a Temple to Cresselia, but I've honestly never visited it myself. Perhaps you may check it out."

Spoiler: ASK DA COACH
    Show
    Spoiler: Alaina and Stein
    Show
    "Sure, as long as you're back in one piece before we leave go crazy. Bus Pulls off at 2 sharp." she says.

Spoiler: The Current time is...
    Show
    11:27 am

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Playing around with the PDA, Danetta is able to figure out it's most basic functions. After listening to the professor's spiel, she watches as everyone splits on their separate ways and has their own conversation. A few times, she almost goes to say something to a few people, but in the end decides against it.
    She awkwardly hangs out for a second before wandering over to the nurse to pick up her puppy, and then to the mart for some general shopping.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    10 pokeballs (2500 p)
    1 premier ball (free)
    1 First Aid Kit (1000 p)
    3 Bait (900 p)

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Alaina gives a bow to Vera "I'll make sure to be there." She will make her way to the Claw and Shell with Stein. While walking Alaina looks over her teammate "What are you looking for at the Claw and Shell?"
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2019-09-18 at 03:09 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Skylar smiles as the Professor talks about her father's work. "I'll be sure to let him know. Thank you for all of your help Professor."

At the Pokemart, Skylar overhears the shopkeep talking about the specialty shop and sees Stein and Alaina leaving. Maybe they'll have weapons there too. I don't want to run into an angry Ursaring and not being able protect myself and my Pokemon.

She follow the two of them and call out, "Wait up guys! I wanna check out this place too!"
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2019-09-18 at 02:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

AssassinGuy

Akio and Skylar

Stein turns as the pair asks him for help. "Ah Skylar, nice to meet you again. Your Pokémon are rather fascinating specimens. They seem very different from their usual counterparts. Did you find them that way or perhaps change the physiology? If so I'm curious to your methods and how you came to decide upon that. I especially like that Charmander of yours. Cinder yes?" Stein looks between the two and pulls his PDA out once more, standing between them and kneeling a bit so they could see what he does. "So I want you both to follow along and I will help you set up everything needed. Do you want the finger print or retina scan? It's mainly a precaution incase of loss or theft should someone try to use this to shop as you." He walks them through how to find their Player Card and set up where their money is. He does set up the finger print and retina scan should they decide to make use of it, along with any other features that they desire to be shown.

DA PROFFESSOR

Stein smiles and is elated to know he can try the suits. "I can understand the need for a waiver. I can't wait to try this out then!" Stein's smiles is wide as his glasses glare over momentarily. "Thank you so very much Professor."

TO DA SHOP!

Stein smiles and nods at Vera's instructions. "We'll be back right on time, by which I mean with plenty of time to spare. Thank you coach." He gives a bow before heading out with Alaina. As they walk, he answers all her questions. "I'm actually hoping to find a Pokeball Tool Kit. I want to dabble some in crafting them and making some modifications. They may be of use to our team at some point. Another thing came to mind as it is a weaponry shop. I have a staff but I wonder if it may be possible to modify it. What are you looking for in particular if you don't mind me asking?"

OOC: Feel free to move us there, I can keep talking.