New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Planar Odyssey [IC]

"The master, yes. Look for the master..." Sefariel murmured to himself, doing exactly that, but nothing became evident, for either he or his familiar. He steeled himself, prepared to use every wizard's last and most desperate line of defense against any attacker.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action: fail to actively perceive anything new and exciting.

Both familiar and I will ready an attack against the first enemy that should come within striking range (taking a 5' step if necessary). Feel free to roll for me in the event this should actually happen somehow.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

With a rush of power and a have of his hand, Mais touched another of the memebers on the boat, Aron, forcing positive energy into the man.

Spoiler: Healing
    Show

(1d20+18)[38] - Healers hands + Skill Unlock Heal level 1
    7 ranks of knowledge planes

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Aron darts across the deck, his feet carried by magical currents, his glaive ready to slice the offending lantern spying on them. His weapon comes down then hits something hard and unseen, deflecting his blow away from the creature. The effect of a force spell is unmistakable, this archon is under the effect of a shield spell. A surge of red light emits from the archon as it drifts cautiously out of Aron's reach. It mutters something in a language he cannot understand, but its words find their way into the nooks of his mind and give themselves meaning "this is not my day it seems... or your day, for that matter". Its voice descends into arcane chants as it wraps folds of energy from the astral plane around it, and then in an instant the deck of the ship is blanketed in a thick magical fog.

As the party members caught in the fog get their bearings, Atticus notices something cleave through the fog next to him, striking the deck hard. He has only just enough time to put up his guard as the creature's attack comes down. Time flickers and an attack that would have struck deep instead strikes the deck. The invisibility spell melts away, revealing the visage of a hound archon with five pairs of enormous wings made of streaming fire that trail behind it. Its enormous blade, also engulfed in flames comes crashing down on him, his voice rasp and agitated "I promised you I'd be back to finish my work,"

The entire deck of the ship is struck by a wave of heat as the hound archon's voice rises, "this is the end for all of you. Clearly my order has made a grievous oversight in allowing so many marks to slip through our grasp and grow in power. I will correct that oversight here and now!"

Show

The Lantern Archon 5 ft steps away from Aron and casts Fog Cloud twice. Note that we're in the astral plane proper now, so all spells cast are quickened. I suspect this will benefit the party more than the antagonists.

Atticus takes 26 damage (6 of which is fire damage and 6 of which is precision damage from sneak attack) Flickering defense activates, natural 1. You may proceed to turn my boss monster in wet goop at your leisure.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2020-06-17 at 02:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Aron
    HP: 45/49

"Hello again. Who would have thought it would come to this?", Aron calls out with a grin as he hurtles through the air, growing larger and striking the dogged pursuer.

Swift Enlarge, flanking position 15' from the archon, AC 31, damage 41.
    Semper ludens.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

As the timelines collapsed, Atticus yelped, his near-death shocking him. His first instinct was to run, back off, get some distance. But the fog was too heavy; he'd never have a good shot. He couldn't really go toe-to-toe with this bugger, but he could keep him occupied long enough for the others to nip his tail. That's what he'd have to do. He traced a quick symbol in the air, as his fiery aura changed to an peaty, earthen mask. The glyph's crackling eye helped pierce the heavy fog, illuminated Girend's exact positioning. Why Girend? Why do you hunt us!? Least give us a reason! Give the accused a crime before the sentence!

He leveled the rifle, point-blank. He didn't care that he could retaliate. All he wanted right now was to hit him hard; and he knew his aim was better than his arm. He pulled the trigger, forcing himself to keep his eyes open for the inevitable counter attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action swap Active Element to Earth; Gain DR 5/Adamantine, lose +4 AC (25).
    Move Action; use Illumination Glyph. All allies in sight (so just Atticus, due to fog ironically) ignores all levels of Concealment less than Total. So no miss chance.
    Standard; Raging Flux
    (1d20+14)[22] vs. Touch; this provokes an AoO
    (1d12+11)[20] B/P + (6d6)[22] Acid Damage; for every 10 points of damage, Girend is pushed back 5 ft.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Sefariel sighed; Would it never end, this onslaught? It had been but a few minutes, but he found himself already wearying of the battle, so unnecessary all of it. To just be home again, in their little garden, the sun setting over the treetops...

Yes, that was all worth fighting for. And that flash of light, through the fog, gave him a target for what little magic he had left.

Giving the archon a wide berth, he moved just behind Atticus, jabbing him with the wand even as he cast a protective spell upon him. "Please don't let him get around you, sir. I'm no match."

Show
    Move: get to touch range on Atticus, avoiding AOO along the way one would hope (we should be fairly close by each other)
    Standard: poke with wand of infernal healing (+1 HP for 10 rounds)
    Swift: cast Resist Energy (fire) (20 HP/hit worth) on Atticus.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Halfling in the Playground

Roderick
    HP:21/64
    Rage: 1/13
    Fatigued: 10/11

Roderick just sighed to himself; he of course slowly tilted his head back and just fixed the Hound Archon with a confused glance. He then called out rather loudly, "So, ah, they are like Murderhobos? Is that the kind of men I'm around now?" Since no one seems to think talking to the manlet that rages for as long as he could and whom was just genuinely confused with what was going on was a fantastic idea.

Clearly banter is dead.

That said however he was slowly starting to stand back up, "Gorum's teeth, that hurts...."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standing up! Making sure to be prepared to be attacked...

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Mais snapped his fingers, accelerating time around the group he had determined to be allies. The world around them seemed to slow, their wounds healing faster than they should have. Then he moves to Roddrick and hands over a Pranca "Drink this."

Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show

Casting Haste + Improved Haste + Mass Haste + Augment healing

Uses 3 spell points

Gives the others haste to gain
    2 fast healing
    +1 bonus to attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves
    +20 movement speed
    +1 attack or +2 AoOs

Panacea (formulae)
    You create a vial of liquid that can be used as a potion, removing a single negative condition the drinker is currently suffering from. The conditions that a panacea can remove are determined by the Craft DC used for its creation:

DC 20: Deafened, fatigued, shaken, sickened.
    DC 30: Diseased, exhausted, nauseated, poisoned, staggered.
    DC 40: Frightened, blinded, paralyzed, stunned.

Would affect Roddrick, Atticus, Aron and Sefariel, lasting 7 rounds.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

The thick fog swirls around Aron's attack. It billows with the force of the strike, but fails to make contact. Atticus levels his gun as Girend's sword reels around for another hit. The blow comes down lodging deep in Atticus' shoulder. His vision blurs, his feet start to falter, but his resolve doesn't break and he completes the shot. Girend's sword retracts as he is propelled back 10 feet into the fog.

The Hound Archon coughs and hacks from the forceful impact, then wheezes out a retort, "I could tell you the truth just as easily as you could present your neck peacefully to me. We both know it's not going to happen. So few of our so-called 'choices' in this world are our own, Atticus Jones. I didn't choose to lose my eyesight and faith defending a man such as yourself against the blades of my kin; my very being demanded I defend him. My god Ragathiel didn't choose to remain silent to my prayers for explanation, any more than I remain silent to yours. You didn't choose to be born into your plight, but should you ever get the opportunity to choose what to do about it... you will make the worst decision of a thousand million lifetimes," a surge of magical energy emanates across the deck as Girend's voice warps; suddenly Aron senses the archon materialize directly in front of him, inside of the reach of his weapon. There is no time for Aron to react, not with his reflexes slowed by the spell, but then a finger snaps in the distance. Aron's pace quickens and the Archon's blade passes mere inches from his face. Girend whips his blade around several times, but fails to land a single blow, "none of this is just or fair," the archon finishes his speech in a somber tone.

Show

Aron's attack misses due to concealment. Atticus' attack triggers an attack of opportunity. Girend hits for 24 damage, leaving Atticus at 0 hit points and staggered. Atticus' attack hits and knocks back Girend. Girend uses Dimension Door as a spell-like ability to teleport adjacent to Aron (swift action due to Astral Plane, doesn't end his turn due to Dimensional Agility) then full attacks. Thanks to the +1 from Mais all attacks miss. Saferiel tags Atticus with Infernal Healing, so he's back to 1 HP at the start of his next turn and is no longer staggered.

10. - Top - End - #310

Roderick
    HP:21/64
    Rage: 1/13
    Fatigued: 9/11

"So you won't tell me and go into excru- excr- hrgn, you went into far too much ****ing detail to tell me that you'll tell me nothing! Now it sounds like you're whining!" That being said he was slowly starting to get back into a right proper dander about this; muttering to himself as he did so. He wasn't slow; he couldn't run- nor could he charge. But as he moved in the demon's arm was dropped to the deck and he drew his machete. Reeling it about in a vicious side swipe that ended up embedding it into any wood that was near them if he missed.

"And my god doesn't talk to me either, join the club..."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Moving into position to attack the archon with a 10+11=21, likely missing but the damage roll is 3+4=7... since y'know... it's a machete.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Aron
    HP: 47/49

Aron spins around while reversing the grip on his polearm, and thrusts just as he has the archon behind him, before coming back into a guarded position.

Move action to gain Polearm Mastery talent, standard action attack at -2. AC 28 (w/o flanking, with Haste), damage 34)
    Semper ludens.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Atticus' retort died on his lips as the archon's blow nearly knocked him off his feet. He steeled himself, the regenerative magic doing it slow work. As his legs started to solidify underneath him again, he turned towards the sounds of Girend engaging the others somewhere in the fog. He hurried over, breath ragged. He was just barely on his feet; he couldn't risk another attack like that. He's gone too far and been away too long to let it end here. Not being that reckless. As the imposing figure of the Archon appeared in the fog, he lunged.

I'm sorreh yer God did you dirty Girend; I'm sorreh we're at odds. A dog, loyal to the end of a small town kid away from home. You don't deserve this. It ain't fair and I'm sorreh it ain't.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move; Find the melee, hopefully move into flanking
    Free: Swap Active Element to Cold (lose DR 5/Adamantine, gain +2 Saves (11/12/15))
    Swift: Assay Resistance, I ignore up to 25 points of Cold Resistance and any DR and deal an additional 2d6 cold damage (Factored below)
    Standard; Elemental Strike
    (1d20+13)[31] vs. AC (+2 if I am able to flank), remember since my Illumination Glyph is active, I ignore Concealment less than Total
    (1d10+3)[11] Bludgeoning + (4d6)[10] Cold and a DC 17 Fort save or be Nauseated for 1 round.

Potential Immediate Action; Arcane Shield
    I make a spellcraft check (1d20+14)[24] against a triggering attack as an opposed check. Success means the attack does not hit (essentially, my result is my new AC if better).
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Sefariel grimaced at the sight (and sound) of Atticus getting clobbered. He pulled another of the potions from the pile he had grabbed, hovering in front of the man’s mouth. “Open, and drink” he said softly.

Almost as an afterthought he cast another protective spell upon himself. It was unlikely to be of much use, but less unlikely now than later. There was so much he wanted to ask the archon, so much to learn... but that seemed unlikely to come to pass.

Show
    Heal 2 HP from fast healing
    try to shove a Cure Serious down the gullet of Atticus; please roll for me assuming he can drink it now.

Swift action cast protection from arrows because why not.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2020-06-27 at 09:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Mais let out a long sigh as he was left holding the cure for fatigue. Humans. His head tilted spying Atticus, who's life signs pingged dangerously close to death, and someone trying to force feed him a potion in the middle of combat. With a dreadfully silent jaunt, Mais moved over behind the nearly dead man, patching him up in a flurry of movement.

Spoiler: Heal Check
    Show

(1d20+18)[21] Heal check

Medical Training (Ex)
    The scholar may use her Intelligence modifier in place of her Wisdom modifier as her associated ability score modifier with the Heal skill. In addition, the scholar may expend one use of a healer’s kit and make a special DC 15 Heal check on an ally as a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity; if this check is successful, the ally recovers 1 hit point +1 for each point by which the scholar exceeds the DC. If the scholar has at least 5 ranks in the Heal skill, she may instead use this ability to restore 1 point of ability damage +1 point for every 5 points by which she exceeds this ability’s DC. The scholar can only attempt to heal a particular creature with this ability a number of times per day equal to her Intelligence bonus (minimum 1). Attempting to heal a creature but failing to meet the DC of this ability still counts towards this daily total.

Advanced Medical Training (Ex)
    From 5th level on, the scholar’s research has taught her advanced medical techniques for treating certain ailments; the scholar may expend 5 uses of a healer’s kit as a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity and make a DC 20 Heal check to cure any one of the following conditions affecting a creature: blindness, deafness, paralysis, or poison. For each 10 points by which the scholar exceeds the DC of this check, she may cure an additional condition from the list that the target is suffering as part of the same check. If the scholar has at least 8 ranks in the Heal skill, she may instead use this ability to restore 1 point of ability drain +1 point for every 5 points by which she exceeds this ability’s DC.

The scholar can only attempt to heal a particular creature with this ability a number of times per day equal to her Intelligence bonus (minimum 1). Attempting to heal a creature but failing to meet the DC of this ability still counts towards this daily total. In addition, the scholar increases healing done by the hit point healing option of the medical training class feature to 2 hit points +2 for each point by which the scholar exceeds the DC, and may activate it as a move action.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Atticus and Aron pincer the hound archon, their attacks striking home. Girend coughs up blood from the grievous injuries as allies rush to Atticus' aid, quickly undoing much of the damage dealt to him. Roderick's attack misses its target, instead smashing the deck and leaving a horrific gouge.

"I do not fear to return to the celestial soils from which I was birthed to sleep and dream in peace. I will end this, and you, to protect all that I hold dear," Girend proclaims as he unleashes a flurry of attacks with his blade. The first strikes Atticus squarely, forcing the soldier to recompose his stance. Attius has no time to react as the second blow comes down but the strike is completely off point, as if Girend has misread Atticus' movement. A third attack whips around which Atticus deflects, but he is caught off guard as the Hound lunges forward with its maw and takes a bite out of his shoulder.

Show

Atticus heals 30 damage, Girend hits with his sword for 19 damage and his bite for 7 damage.

I believe the proper term is "finish him"

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Aron
    HP: 49/49

"Pick on someone MY size instead!", Aron yells. And with that, his steel clashes with the Archon's. Underneath the archon, barbed chains whip up from the deck, trying to tangle his legs and drag him down.

Some rolls happened, and then Mais intervenes

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-06-30 at 12:38 AM.
    Semper ludens.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

"Time is but an illusion created by those who are weak of mind, dog. No choice is ever written in stone, even if its already passed." Mais says snapping his fingers, as there is a new jolt in time, the reality of time altered and bent as Aron is sent back six seconds in time.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Aron

Aron blinks. "Pick on someone MY size instead!", he yells. Underneath the Archon, barbed chains whip up from the deck, trying to tangle his legs and drag him down. And with that, his steel clashes with the Archon's.

Quickened Barbed chains to Trip, (1d20+12)[24], (1d20+12)[28], (1d20+12)[21], will DC 16 or shaken 1d4 rounds if any of those connect.
    Spoiler: Full Attack
    Show
    attack 1 - (1d20+19)[29]
    concealment - (1d100)[32]
    damage - (2d8+23)[25]+(2d6)[11]
    attack 2 - (1d20+19)[32]
    concealment - (1d100)[74]
    damage - (2d8+23)[34]+(2d6)[12]
    attack 3 - (1d20+14)[18]
    concealment - (1d100)[51]
    damage - (2d8+23)[26]+(2d6)[9]
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-06-30 at 12:39 AM.
    Semper ludens.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

The astral crackles with magic as three spectral chains lash out at Girend. He swats two away as the third wraps around his legs. With a burst of strength he shatters this chain and unleashes a roar, "I'll topple you in time," as the first glaive strike strikes wide, but an even more powerful backswing catches Girend directly. The fiery aura around the hound archon shatters as he topples to the ground and he rolls like a rag doll across the deck. A silence falls over the skiff, permeated only by the soft crackle of dissipating magical energy and the sounds of coarse breathing from the severely injured hound archon.

Show

All three chains fail to beat Girend's CMD
    First attack fails due to concealment
    Second attack hits; Girend is unconscious, but not dead.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

"Now then, lets patch him up, but keep him contained. No reason to add senseless death to the list of things. Besides he seems to know something. I am Mais, Doctor Mais." says the strix as he moves to the hound archon, careful to not heal the hound too much but enough to keep him alive.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Atticus finger twitched, a half-moment away from putting a bullet through the archon's skull for good. In a strained voice, not moving his sight nor his musket from its target. Naw offence Doc, but he won't give us the same consideration. The second he's back up, he's swingin'. I... Atticus paused, words stuck in his throat and he wasn't entirely sure why. I don't like executin' no-one; it ain't right. I'm no judge. But I ain't gonna be on the end of his blade again.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Aron

"I have no appetite for killing him either. *Sigh*. As long as we are in the Astral, he is not going to wake up on his own. That gives us time to consider.
    Semper ludens.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Sefariel calmly walked over to observe the strix in action, and slid the archon's weapon away from the area; it couldn't hurt to be safe. "I must concur with Doctor Mais. We have won. I would suggest that we allow him to leave as he is able. Perhaps the situation will have changed such that he has a change of heart and is more willing to discuss the situation further. If not, so be it. There are many with similar motivations as he; removing one creature's life will accomplish little to ensure our safety. Only finding the misguided reasoning behind their pursuit, and convincing them of their error, is to be of any benefit."

Exhaustion finally overtook him as he sat down, leaning against the side of the deck. "I have run from these creatures, outsiders of all kinds alike, for far too long. I suppose it is similar for all of you as well; something binds us, though we have never met to my knowledge. The answers shall lay at the end of our little journey here, I am confident."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

As the group debates what to do with the hound archon, Tanner's voice carries into the fog, "oy, everyone okay? I can hear you, but I can't see a bloody thing through the fog. We're away from Ankoro now, no sign of any other vessels and there's a bit of a squall giving us cover. The devils went and buggered off,"

As the party reconvenes outside of the fog and Tanner is appraised of the situation, she shakes her head, "didn't even catch a whiff of big rover here or little sparky when they approached the ship. The devils fled the coop the moment this guy stopped talking; dunno if his buddy is still around, since I never caught a glimpse of the light ball edgewise," she frowns visibly at the heavily injured hound archon, "we got a holding cell below deck. Aster had the holding cells warded for holding fiends. Not sure how effective they'll be on this guy, but it'll at least stop him from teleporting. Probably want to keep a guard to watch over him,"

She turns to Roderick and Mais, "oh, hey, there's the two extra stowaways. The name's Tanner, proprietor of this fine vessel and your beautiful hostess," the tiefling woman gives the two of you a wink, "seems we're all in the same boat here, quite literally. I doubt this is the end of our troubles, and I'd be happy to have a few extra sword hands on board,"

You've escaped Ankoro, the first milestone of the campaign. The party reaches 8th level

Show

If you should relieve Girend of his possessions, you will find the following items.

The following detect as magical:
    * Masterwork Mithral Breastplate (under the effect of an ongoing Magic Vestment spell)
    * Belt of Giant Strength +2
    * Headband of Inspired Wisdom +2
    * Large-Sized +1 Flaming Bastard Sword with an attached Effortless Lace
    * Cloak of Resistance +2
    * Potion of Invisibility
    * 2x Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds

The following items do not detect as magical:
    * Silver Holy Symbol of Vildais
    * Silver Holy Symbol of Ragathiel
    * A plain gold ring (not worn, but instead carried)
    * A book written in braille
    * A money purse containing 30 pp, 240 gp, and 117 sp

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Aron
    Aron starts stripping the Archon of equipment, pausing to appreciate each item and state it's function and enchantment. "So, these are the spoils of war. None of these things are particularly useful to me. Although....." - he picks up the gold ring - "Tanner. Everybody. Do NOT touch this ring, I am going to make a trap of it, just in case".

Aron carries the Archon down into the cell, and locks him in. He hangs the gold ring in plain sight opposite the cell door, and spends a moment to infuse it with mystic energy.

Spoiler: Node of Blasting
    Show
    You imbue an object with psychic energy. The node of blasting unleashes a mental blast when a creature with a mind touches the object, dealing 6d6 points of damage to the creature touching the object and causing the creature to be staggered for 1 minute. A successful saving throw (Will, DC 18, SR: No) halves the damage and negates the staggered condition.

Magic traps such as node of blasting are hard to detect and disable. A character with the trapfinding class feature can use Disable Device to thwart node of blasting. The DCs to find a node of blasting using Perception and to disable it using Disable Device are both equal to DC 27 25 + the spell’s level. Additionally, a creature with the read aura occult skill unlock can attempt the same Perception check to notice a node of blasting.
    Semper ludens.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Aron examines each item in Girend's possession carefully, peering beyond their physical appearance into the metaphysical significance to their prior owner. The armor gives him a brief vision of a woman with a shimmering halo over her head working in a celestial forge. The sword brings a vision of a kindly-looking angel instructing Girend in the ways of the blade. The book has peaceful emotional energy, but the personal significance is not as strong as the other items. The holy symbols, by contrast, feel like an enigma; they hold powerful meaning to their owner, but it is a conflicted and tortured faith.

The gold ring has the strongest emotional connection. Reading it barrages your senses; there is a choking smell of blood, the thumping of your own heartbeat in your ears, a searing pain across your brow, utter blackness in your eyes, and the tactile sensation as your hand reaches out to touch another hand and finds it lifeless and cold. You feel a simple ring upon its finger. The physical pain in this vision is overwhelmed by the emotional, the scars of this event having been reopened time and time again.

The other items provide no significant emotional connection.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

"I would suggest" murmured Sefariel quietly, much more composed now that the battle was finished at last "that if nothing else, if we are to release him, we ought return the symbols to him. They are of some small value I am sure, being worth their weight in silver, but I would assume they would carry much more value for his sentiments. The other items, I would have little use for as well, though I would be most grateful if you would allow me to examine the book for the evening. I would be delighted to report should it contain anything of interest."

"I do wish to thank you all for your skill and valor. I have evaded these pursuers for some time now, at great cost, but it seems that the time for simple evasion has passed. I am most grateful for your company, all of you; without your fortuitous companionship I am quite sure I would be dead right now. Please forgive me my comparative inability to provide much of value during these recent events. I shall be rather better prepared for the next time -- and rest assured, there will be a next time. I am sure you know it as well as I, but the pursuers are implacable, and until we can discover the reason for their belligerence, we shall have more such encounters I am sure."

Show
    During the evening, I'll use one of my vacant spell slots to prepare comprehend languages and to read the book with it (or the first eighty pages or so, should be enough to get the gist of it, I'll skip to the good parts).

28. - Top - End - #328

Roderick

Having had to stop his machete from getting stuck in the boat; he realizes that in fact it's not all that useful of a weapon. So, back into it's sheath on his lower back. At this point however he was too tired to really care about attacking the downed archon, it was already quite well proven to him that he was- for lack of a better word; a bit on the 'extra' side of things given that he was not nearly as powerful as he could be.

So, at Sefariel's exclaimation of 'having run for too long from outsiders' all he gets is a scoffing laugh, "Outsiders? No, I run from the Cult of Razmir the False God- I have not been attacked by outsiders save the cowardly Genie and his lot- in fact... my short life has been marred by their influence so much that I'm not even sure you're not a bunch of cultists laying in wait to kill me in my sleep."

He just motions around, "What in the **** is all of this? All offense meant here but none of you smell right- especially the fellow with the death stick. He's far too comfortable using it."

He then flounders a moment, "What have I gotten myself into?"

The tiefling woman gets a cool regarding gaze from the barbaric fellow; he just setting his jaw a moment and then making a deep frown, "I am not a stowaway. Trust me on that miss, I will pay for my passage if needed but considering that a large chunk of my pay literally went in the way of the wind thanks to that thrice damned wish slave's mercurial cowardly nature? I think maybe you'll need t'wait on it."

"Ah and before you lot complain, name's Roderick Justine. Also known, before I came here, as a seasoned adventurer- leastwise before I ended up being... removed." THere's a frown there and then silence, "I won't get into that, word of advice; let gods monologue."
    Last edited by ThatDamnPaladin; 2020-07-10 at 01:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Aron
    "Well. Welcome to our motley band, Roderick Justine. My name is Aron, and I never thought I would be fighting against a creature like Girend. But here we are. You looked like you were in a bit of a fight there, too."

He turns to point at Mais. "You. You patched up in the middle of the fighting. Thank you".

"Captain Tanner, where are we heading now?"
    Semper ludens.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Atticus slumped over against the railing, head resting against it. His body was sore, and the gentle flames of his animus started slowly stitching him back together. My name is Atticus; Atticus Jones. And this ain't no 'death stick'. It's a musket. Just cause you never saw none before don't make it a death stick.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!