New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Planar Odyssey [IC]

Atticus chuckled at Rhenner but didn't get a chance to explain before they regrouped with (some) of the others. As they entered the library, he was awed. Even now, after all these months of new discovery it was humbling to realize he could still be surprised on occasion. As they entered, he pointed to the twin-whirlwind-creature, grounded again that his studying, however laborious, pays off in even some small ways. He gestured discreetly towards it and whispered. Aeon. Synesis. Related to scholars and philosophers. But like all Aoens, are unpredictable; just as likely to help you and then destroy everything you worked together on.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Rare, I imagine, because I don't recognize it. Minimize contact. We're here for specific books, and I'd like some extras, but interact with an Aeon only if you absolutely need to." Sasha hissed under her breath, as they passed into the massive repository of knowledge. Had she the time, she was the type to spend entire weeks in a place like this, not out of enjoyment but a demand to ensure she knew as much as possible for the obstacles of the future. The sheer amount of knowledge here would likely outstrip the Twilight Academy's reserves, and she certainly was tempted.

"Let's split up to go look. Kethor, you can probably go use that gold tongue of yours on the sylph and the... robed one?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

"Yes, yes, good idea...", Rhenner replies vaguely and drifts off towards the closest bookcase, where he first runs a finger on the spines of the books then picks up a few and starts flipping through them, not really paying attention to the fact if they're actually helpful or not. A place like this... if he had an eternity to spare (and not being hunted by hostile outsiders), he could spend it here. Reading was travelling really, only of a different kind, that of the mind instead of the body. Surely Fharlanghn wouldn't mind.

The only fault in this place was that as a library, you probably weren't allowed to take books with you. Or there were some strict rules about it or something. What a pity.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Kethor murmurs in affirmation as he looks around the immaculate library. Looked better than he expected. He meets the eyes of the sylph as she looks up at the crew, then shifts his gaze to the two strangers beside the bookshelves. The mysterious robed figure provokes the most suspicion from the half-orc, but he quickly settles himself and strides towards the sylph. Giving her his most winning smile, his ivory tusks curl against his lips as he chats casually.

"Good afternoon, miss. Apologies for interrupting you, but I was wondering if you know where I might find some manuals pertaining to the structure of boats and ships designed for traveling the astral sea."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Zaraweti freezes, and barely resists the urge to grab for her bardiche. Instead, she forces herself to keep moving out through the doorway. "So...back to our room, then?" she mutters to Sefariel, eyes darting in search of their invisible tail. Stupid, she thinks to herself. Don't tip it off! You won't be able to see it anyway...

Working on that, rumbles the voice at the back of her mind. She ignores it.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"Perhaps we should --" Sefariel began. "Yes, back to the room would seem like an excellent idea."

On the way back, he shared a few thoughts. "I don't trust this tiefling any farther than I could throw her, which isn't more than a few feet. She's hiding something. We're not very well just going to break into wherever this thing is and steal it. I'd be happy to talk to whoever these people are, but it's a ludicrous suggestion otherwise."
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2019-09-05 at 06:45 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

The sylph looks at up the half-orc, pauses a moment, then points, "engineering is on the second floor on the wing to your left," she says in a quiet voice, then returns to her reading. It's only a short climb before you find the well-marked section. Books on all manner of fantastic inventions from across the planes form row after row of text. It takes only a minute or so of skimming titles to find Bernhoff's Complete Guide to Flying Skiffs, a book that seems to at least make a good effort of living up to its title. There are a number of empty spots in the shelf around it, as if someone had recently withdrawn a number of books on this subject. Bernhoff's guid lists hundreds of variations on the standard design, noting that it has become so common throughout the planes that virtually anywhere psychic spellcasters are to be found there is likely a local variant.

Meanwhile, Rhenner scans through books in another section of the library. This particular row of books appears to document obscure and poorly-known planes of existence. He cracks one open and discovers a depiction of a plane that had insulated itself from the usual cycle of souls, and had developed its own internal cycle. Apparently some calamity disrupted this carefully choreographed system, and hundreds of millions of souls were released into the river of souls all at once. This destructive tide ripped apart that plane into dozens of demiplanes, and the sudden flood of released souls was felt throughout the cosmos. Agents of many of the gods were sent to investigate, but the damaged plane has splintered into hundreds of demiplanes and knowledge of whatever secret methods were used to isolate it from the rest of the cosmos died with its ill-fated leaders when the whole system came crashing down.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2019-09-05 at 08:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Daemon

Zaraweti shrugs, putting thoughts of their pursuer out of her mind for the moment. "Sure, let's talk to the authorities. See if we can get anything out of them without getting them suspicious. I mean, it's not like I trust her myself--still, don't see why we need to. Once we're clear of Ankoro, I'll make sure she knows just how stupid it would be to cross us."
    Last edited by Cyclopean; 2019-09-05 at 07:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

BlueKnightGuy

As the others had deigned to look for the important manuals they hoped to take out of the hands of the Agathion, Sasha decided to indulge herself. She began to look through the many books, searching through names for important keywords she recognized or better yet, didn't recognize at all.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Sasha
    Sasha continues to move along the bookshelves, searching for any titles of interest. "The Fantastical Constructs of Jistka" catches her eye; she'd heard of the Imperium of Jistka before, a nation that existed over seven thousand years ago in her own homeworld of Golarion. Aside from its rough geographical extent and rough dates of its rise and fall there was little that was known of it, with very few ruins, relics, or records of the period having survived to modern times. Even a second-hand source like this, written more than a millennia after the fall of the empire and detailing only one area of their academic achievements, was an invaluable historical document. And if even half of what was depicted in the book was accurate, then Jistka's mastery of constructs remains unmatched even to present day. Though it seems to you that their hubris was also part of their downfall; towards the latter end of the Imperium the constructs they built were almost entirely free-willed. When the empire began to crumble, many of these constructs abandoned the empire to its fate rather than defend their masters.

As she rounded a corner, she caught wind of the other thing she was looking for: spellbooks, rituals, and enchanted books. Apparently these magical tomes had their own wing. As she approaches, she sees a sign neatly posted near the closed door to the wing: "Admittance by Appointment Only!" it would seem that while the library allows the general public to peruse its non-magical texts, it was more discerning with others.

Sefariel and Zaraweti
    The two of you make a brisk pace towards the public peacekeeper precinct, trying cautiously to avoid tipping off your pursuer to your awareness of its presence. The building is fairly quiet with only a few uniformed peacekeepers on duty. A surly-looking human peacekeeper is talking with a sylph. Behind them, in a holding cell, is a rather grotesque creature. Its features are partially obscured by a tattered robe it wears, but you can plainly see a toothy maw and tentacled hands.

Spoiler: Sefariel
    Show

You recognize this as a Venedaemon

"Eighty-three soul gems seized, at least the ones we were able to recover. Some of those cacofiends got away after to nabbed their boss. No clue who he was selling to, though, or if he was just passing through," one of the peacekeepers says

"You'd think they'd learn to keep that filth out of Ankoro. The devils have got it figured out; you're welcome here, just leave the souls at home. Daemons don't seem to get the memo, though," the sylph shrugs, then notices you, "oh hey, looks like we got some travelers. What do you need?"

After a brief moment of explaining your reason for inquiry, the sylph nods and his companion steps up to take his place, "you have testimony about Tanner? Excellent! I just need you to give a written statement as to your association with the tiefling. Lieutenant Ghomm should be back in a few minutes and I know she'd love to talk to you,"

11. - Top - End - #41

BlueKnightGuy

Sasha was quite interested by the Jistkans, and she understood their language well from studies of their people in her time at the Academy. Their skill at engineering and construction was unmatched by even those of Azlant, in some regards. It was still pride before the fall, and tale to remember, though a historical tragedy to document. This book was likely priceless, and thus she decided to take it. It could detail something useful to their journey ahead, such as if she decided to take up golemancy at any point. Perhaps there was a way to rent it, for stealing it seemed like the perfect way to cause trouble.

But more important to her was the section on more than mundane tomes, as in here would be countless realms of knowledge and spellcraft that she could absolutely use more at the moment. She considered going in and ignoring the sign, but it took her a double take as she was reminded of how she had been unable to control herself in those years before, when she and Kethor pillaged Korvosa's Acadamae and its most forbidden libraries. Perhaps she could not trust herself.

She turned around, and approached the Sylph, who seemed to be the type to work the place, and asked "I'd like to make an appointment for the enchanted tomes, rituals and spells section". She paused, and then rapidly blurted out a "Please."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sylph looks at Sasha with some degree of exasperation, as if she gets this all the time. "The private collections are for patrons of the library. As a non-patron you will need to pay a fee for access," she sniffs deeply as she speaks and pulls out a loosely bound book and flips through some pages, "I have an opening tomorrow, first thing in the morning; for four hundred gold pieces you can have eight hours of access,"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This is an "all you can eat" deal, and the only costs you will pay above this fee are your material components to scribe it into your spellbook. Unless you have an ability to speed up the scribing process, eight hours is enough time to scribe four spells.

I'll save you the math: this is a big cost savings over market rate if you scribe level 4+ spells, a slight up-charge above market rate if you go for 3rd level spells, and a complete ripoff for 2nd level spells or lower.

Also to save you some time of asking the obvious question, the library has every core spell up to 5th level as a well as a randomized selection of higher-level and non-core spells.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
    After a brief moment of explaining your reason for inquiry, the sylph nods and his companion steps up to take his place, "you have testimony about Tanner? Excellent! I just need you to give a written statement as to your association with the tiefling. Lieutenant Ghomm should be back in a few minutes and I know she'd love to talk to you,"

"Certainly, though 'association' is quite an overstatement of the situation -- we've had but one brief and largely fruitless conversation, from my point of view. Still, if you think it can be of assistance, we'd be happy to speak to your lieutenant. Do you mind sharing the circumstances by which her ship became a ward of the state?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Sefariel & Zaraweti
    The man looks to his partner and shrugs, then turns back to you, "normally we don't go commenting during ongoing investigations, but the rap is that the skiff is stolen property. The tiefling put a new coat of paint on it and thought no one would notice she was flying around in a missing skiff belonging to the Fairwind family," he laughs, "arrogant thief and her crazy stories, as if a planetar would just give her a vessel that valuable,"

The wait isn't very long before another sylph walks in through a back entrance. She speaks with the other peacekeepers before coming to you, "I understand you want to talk to me about Tanner and her ship. Please, let's go somewhere a little more private to discuss," she leads the two of you to a quiet room and closes the door behind her before speaking.

"Truth be told, I'm very curious as to this ship's history. Lord Fairwind has laid claim to it, and since the tiefling is refusing to mount a defense he will prevail by default when this reaches the courts in three days time. I've interviewed both parties, and they have been frustratingly flippant. Fairwind's claims are hardly timely; by his own admission that skiff was loaned to a planetar named Aster over thirty years ago, but he has no documentation of that deal and he never raised an issue when the skiff went unreturned. It also strikes me as odd that a planetar would renege. It's a weak case, to be sure, but Tanner has been even more frustrating. She claims Aster gave her the skiff as a gift, but she simply needles around any further questions without answering them. I have no idea what her relation, if any, to Aster is. We've tried to call Aster himself, but all attempts to contact him have failed. Without Aster's testimony and with both sides being flagrantly deceptive with me I feel I have no choice but to allow the default judgement to pass," Lieutenant Ghomm sighs, "and, of course, because Lord Fairwind is involved we have the usual entourage of politics that tie my hands. Your curiosity in this case could be... helpful for me,"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see" Sefariel nodded. "That does more or less interlace with what she was willing -- or unwilling -- to share with us. So if we were to locate this Lord Aster, and they were able to corroborate the tiefling's story, the ship would be released? The usual entourage of politics notwithstanding?" he asked, with a meaning glance at Zaraweti. "Would you be able to provide the last known location of Lord Aster?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghomm shakes her head, "Well, that's the catch, isn't it? Aster hasn't been seen in Ankoro for thirty years, about the time Lord Fairwind loaned him the skiff in the first place. The only person we know of who claims to have seen him more recent than that is Tanner, and if you've been following along you can probably guess how much we got out of her on the subject," the woman rolls her eyes, "look, I got some suspicions. Fairwind ain't a fool; he knows that the courts here have his back, but even his best friends on the bench won't just give him free stuff based on undocumented claims from thirty years ago. He's counting on Tanner not defending herself. As for Tanner, my opinion on her is that she's a consummate liar who will say whatever she needs to cover her tail... so why isn't she? Pretty obvious to me that Fairwind has some sort of leverage on her. I can't exactly investigate one of the patron lords of Ankoro without putting my own job on the chopping block, but if some 'concerned citizens' were to sleuth around and just so happen to drop that evidence into my lap that would be a different matter," she winks.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Kethor taps the empty space on the shelf with some trepidation. Perhaps they had come here a bit too late to do exactly what he wanted. Regardless, he pulls out Bernhoff's guide with a grunt and heads back over to the sylph, keeping an eye out for the robed entity. Brushing by his sister, he smiles again at the sylph. "Hello again. Got what I was looking for. How much would it be to buy this fine tome?" He hefts the manual up, showing its name.

After clearing his throat he continues, "While searching for it, I noticed quite a bit of a gap on the shelf around it. I was wondering if you have on record who may have taken the books that would be there. Seems to have been a recent transaction."

18. - Top - End - #48

BlueKnightGuy

It was bemusing, almost, to hear the kind of eye-rolling frustration and boredom she heard out of the Sylph, because it proved that no matter how absurd your surroundings, librarians never change. Whether it was the bone dragon under Korvosa, or this sylph, they were grumpy. Unfortunately, bemused was not something that came to Sasha's mind as a reaction, but irritation sure did. "A sign sure would be nice. I'll take the appointment for tomorrow. 400 gold? It's yours. Perhaps I'll have to look into patronage some other time as well."

She tossed over a sack with the gold, the currency of which varied between Chelian coins and Acadamae tokens, but the worth was solid. She couldn't pass an opportunity like this up, considering just how many resources they'd have to pour into getting these spells later on, possibly. Furthermore, as much as the problem of being chased by outsiders remained, there were costs and consequences but also gains. With the strength of a thousand more spells, she could create bastions of magick and spell that- point was, even a few more spells were a considerable addition to her arsenal. Certainly worth it?

She still worried about the protections of the library, her paranoia stretching to consider that no matter how recent, the actors involved with this transaction could be compromised or the enchantments of the place itself could be broken. She'd set up precautions for that tomorrow...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
    I can't exactly investigate one of the patron lords of Ankoro without putting my own job on the chopping block, but if some 'concerned citizens' were to sleuth around and just so happen to drop that evidence into my lap that would be a different matter," she winks.
    "Yes, yes, we can't very well have you place your employment in jeopardy, now can we?" Sefariel said, returning the wink with one of his own.

"Hypothetically speaking, if you were such a concerned citizen, where might you begin to, as you put it, 'sleuth around'? Purely for my own academic interest, of course."

Show
    Couple random rolls, because I might not need their help that much to snoop into this Lord Fairchild's business, who knows:

knowledge (local) (1d20+10)[21]
    knowledge (nobility) (1d20+10)[13]

20. - Top - End - #50

Daemon

Zaraweti finally perks up. "Out of curiosity, is there a policy for compensating such 'concerned citizens?' Official or otherwise? Investigating a Lord of the City seems damn risky to do for just civic pride," she says.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Atticus milled behind the others at they looked at stuffy books. The oppressive silence of the library was driving him insane and with the large shelves full of books made him feel caged in. Short sight lines, it be so easy to ambush him here. Books were always boring and dry. Are we finished here yet? We really can't sit still this long.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Library
    The librarian takes the money from Sasha, then carefully writes down her name in the book for her appointment the following morning. She then turns to Kethor as he speaks, her level of exasperation completely unchanged, "You may take the book out on loan. As you are not a patron, I will require a-" she takes a good look at the book before responding, "hundred gold piece deposit,"

As he voices his second question, she merely shrugs, "patrons are permitted to withdraw books from the library. Kassrin withdrew a few on that topic a few hours ago; he's fairly prompt at returning books when he's finished with them so they should be back soon,"

As Atticus raises his voice in protest of the time they're wasting, the librarian puts her finger to her lips and shushes him. Indeed, librarians never change.

At the Precinct
    Spoiler: Sefariel Knowledge Checks
    Show
    The Fairwind clan are powerful Janni Lords, risen to prominence as merchant princes across the astral plane. The dominance of the Fairwinds in Ankoro is part of why Jannis - and by extension, sylphs - are so common here. Ryel Fairwind in particular makes his home here in Ankoro, and is presumably the Lord Fairwind that Lt. Ghomm refers to

Ghomm presses her fingers together at Sefariel's question, "I see three ways to mount a defense against Fairwind. Getting Tanner to be forthright with us and give a full testimony would probably do the trick, as would tricking Fairwind into admitting any duplicity. He's cunning and sly, but hubris has been his downfall in the past. But paper and documentation would speak loudest here. There is an anomaly with the records of that vessel. The last record Fairwind has is of servicing and repairs. A month later the port authority has a port departure record under one of Fairwind's captains, and then almost a year later - with no matching entry record - we have another departure record under Aster. I'm incredulous that Fairwind has no documentation of what happened to that vessel in the interim, and the lack of a port entry record means something unusual must have happened,"

Ghomm glances towards Zaraweti, "Ma'am, I could just as easily close this case and rest on my laurels as a lieutenant. I'm pursuing this matter out of a sense of justice. It doesn't pay as well as doing what you're told, but I find it much more satisfying. If you want remuneration for your efforts, I suggest you speak with Tanner. She's the one who stands to have the most to gain from Fairwind's case being dropped,"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

While the others focus on the information gathering they actually came here to do, Rhenner continues to read, making some notes as he does so, and changing the book every now and then. This results in his notes becoming very scattered and random, raising the question of their usefulness. However, the cleric sticks to it intently, determined to explore as many volumes as he can in the time he has before someone will eventually stop him.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Atticus, Sashu, Kethor, Rhenner
    After dragging Rhenner out of the library, the four members present there begin the trek back to the tavern the group had chosen to reconvene. They made a straight path through the streets to their destination, but halt when they hear a calamitous crash. There is a momentary pause as the group wonders if they are under attack, but the growing commotion makes clear this incident happened around the corner.

As the four approach, they see two merchant wagons have collided. Flammable substances have begun to engulf both of them. Amid the chaos, a furious Efreeti has something invisible in a stranglehold. He throttles it vigorously as he screams, "You stupid, reckless, delinquent imp! Look at what you've done! Look at it!" the Efreeti whips it around violently to show it the wagon as the imp's invisibility fades away to reveal a panicked devil.

The scene unfolds rapidly as peacekeepers from a nearby precinct fan out and begin to move onlookers away from the blaze and control it. Amid the chaos, the four notice Sefariel and Zaraweti emerge from the precinct.

Sefariel and Zaraweti
    "I'm appreciative of your interest. If you find anything, make sure to let me-" Ghomm is cut off by a calamitous crash from outside the precinct, "what in the hells is going on out there!?" she yells, quickly unlatching the door. The peacekeepers in the precinct quickly mobilize and rush out the door.

Following them, Sefariel and Zaraweti come upon the scene of a terrible accident. Two merchant carts have collided with each other, and one appeared to have been carrying flammable material and has gone up in flames. Just beside the accident, a furious Efreeti appears to be strangling an imp to death. The imperious outsider has been reduced to spewing curses and profanity in his tirade.

On the other side of the accident, the two notice their compatriots who have also arrived on this scene.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Sophia, dearest, I need you.

With that simple thought, Sefariel summoned forth the familiar that had merged into his form some hours before. A whirling display of lights and small objects, reminiscent of the modeling of a complex solar system, dis-insinuated itself from his form, whirling just over the aasimar's head. He murmured to the harbinger "Please ask everyone to keep away from the fire"; despite the simplicity of the language, there was far more communicated than those simple words. Even as Sefariel began quite obviously casting a spell, the harbinger spoke in a soft, almost angelic voice.

"Please, for your own safety, we urge you to remain distant from the fire" spoke the archon, just loudly enough for all nearby to hear. "It is our hope to prevent you from potential injury, until such time as it become safe to approach."

Show
    Harbinger's action: move out of my body per merge with familiar spell. Then talking (she has truespeech, so language will not be a barrier to anyone).
    My action: start casting Summon Monster IV, ending start of my next round
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2019-09-12 at 01:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

The onlookers and peaceguard are somewhat bewildered by the sudden announcement from the archon, but when the water elemental summoned by Sefariel appears moment later they get back to work cordoning off the fire.

The Efreeti's attention (but not his grip) is diverted away from the imp, and his demeanor seems to soften considerably when he sees the water elemental dousing the flames. After a few moments, all that remains is a single large gout of flame that the elemental can't seem to douse. The Efreeti steps into the soggy mess and snuffs it, pocketing something in the process as he does so.

Lt. Ghomm gives Sefariel a gracious smile as she walks towards the Efreeti. The peacekeepers begin to fan out and ask for witness testimony of what occurred while securing the scene.

27. - Top - End - #57

Daemon

Zaraweti reaches into her handy haversack for a blanket to smother the flames with, only to hear the rush of hissing steam as Serafiel's summon extinguishes them. Sheepishly, she puts her blanket back in the bag.

At this point, Zaraweti's curiosity about their pursuers gets the best of her. She hopes that their tail was the imp currently in the efreeti's grasp; failing that, she figures any invisible stalkers will be distracted by the chaos and not notice her noticing them. Drawing on her childhood training, she opens her awareness to the unseen world and looks around as she walks over to the rest of the group.

Show
    Zaraweti uses her Detect Magic SLA. She scans for faint auras that seem unattached to any person or object.

28. - Top - End - #58

BlueKnightGuy

Reaching into a fold of her robed duster to pull out a harrow card in two fingers, she raised an eyebrow as she remembered that she had an aligned card of The Avalanche earlier that day, noting that it was more direct a foreboding than she'd considered. Generally, prediction of events for a day or even a week was a silly concept in of itself when relying on the Harrow, and so it was considerable that a disaster of flame had struck so closely to a reading. She didn't believe in coincidences, and filed it away for further consideration, as she'd heard of theories about the relevance of the Harrow's power in the Astral Plane... something about a connection to a plane of the Harrow, though it had been ramblings. She made a note to investigate later in life, because the absolute concept of being able to improve reading accuracy through planar travel was something she could absolutely utilize to its fullest potential.

Her attention returned to the forefront as she watched the procession of people and Peacekeepers file about in the aftermath of the fire. Most interesting was the protagonist of their little scene, the Efreeti choking out an imp. She was on a devil list, like the rest, so she did not complain, but the strange behavior of his to pick out one difficult to see thing from the burnt corpse of the wagons needed investigation.

Immediately, the geometric patterns and trigonometric diagrams that lined all parts of her body began to shift and move as a cold light emanated from them, some spinning, others folding on themselves. Her eyes narrowed in on the Outsider, attempting to drown out the absolutely unbelievable (which she'd wanted to comment on before, especially in the library, but had not) fields of magic perpetrating throughout reality all around her. She just needed. That. One. Person.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Atticus hand twitched to the enchanted bandoleer slung criss-crossed on his chest. Briefly, the wood stock of his musket materialized out of a otherwise empty loop but it just as quickly disappeared. Instead, he observed the Genie's actions carefully, noting it's unsubtle retrieval of what was likely the device responsible for the commotion. As Sefariel called upon another being of elemental force, he stepped forward towards the Efreeti, speaking in the Taldane tongue of Galorion; he suspected that be the best middle-ground for communication. That was a nasty blaze friend; is yer cart alright? I hope our little nuisance here didn't do any permanent damage.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaraweti
    Zaraweti scans the scene with her magic, looking for any sign of an aura of illusion amid the chaos. Her eyes sweep back and forth, but every aura seems to have an owner. If there is another imp prowling about invisibly, it's well hidden.

Sasha
    As Sasha focuses her gaze on the Efreeti, a single aura dominates the others. She can tell that there are other faint auras there, but they are impossible to distinguish with the throbbing aura of evocation emanating from his pocket. Even without the ability to examine the object herself, she can tell that this is a strong aura of evocation. Whatever this object is, it's outputting a considerable amount of arcane power.

Atticus
    The towering Efreeti turns to the human, a curl of rage and indignation forming on his face as he seethes in Taldane right back, "your nuisance? You put the imp up to this," the Efreeti's demeanor calms slightly as he sees Sefariel cautiously approach his compatriot, "oh, you're with the wizard. Hmph, it does at least make the frame salveagable. Good work, I guess,"

The Efreeti turns back to the imp, "but this little cretin went and flew right into my face while I was driving. Idiot should watch where he's going," the thoroughly disoriented imp is once again violently shaken by the enraged genie.

"Is that your account?" a sylph peacekeeper that Sefariel recognizes as Lt. Ghomm approaches the scene, "If you don't mind, sir, I'll need you to give an official statement for our investigation of this accident. And I'd appreciate if you not kill the imp; we'll need a statement from him as well,"

"I don't have time for this," the Efreeti shouts at the lieutentant, then throws the imp at her, "take him. You heard what I said. I have places to be and schedules to keep. I'll be back later to claim my property. Ensure it suffers no further damage," The Efreeti looks ready to leave the scene on his own power.