New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Planar Odyssey [IC]

Sefariel was in no mood to argue, or to parley, though there were a number of obvious false premises in Fairwind's speech of which he took mental note. "To the ship, as quickly as you can" he whispered, before bringing into being a cloud of fog just in front of the party. With that, he made haste for the vessel as quickly as possible, skipping briefly out of sight to appear that much farther away from the enemy.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Obscuring mist, just in front of us and between us and the baddies. I'd like to delay until others have gone, if possible.
    Move toward the ship, if necessary using a move action instead to open the gate.
    Shift another 15' closer to the ship. All the while keeping the mist between us and them.

The hound archon summoned moments before was similarly disinclined to parley, instead setting upon the nearest devil with all the viciousness it could muster.

Show
    Not sure what the hound archon's options are, but it will attack whatever it can as best it can. Feel free to roll stuff for it.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Aron
    HP: 35/49
    Aron darts through the gate when it opens, then continues towards the escape vessel, keeping his weapon pointed at the enemies as he drifts backwards through the air.
    [/QUOTE]
    Semper ludens.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Halfling in the Playground

Roderick
    HP: 43/64
    Rage: 11/13

"Didn't know demons were people," as Roderick is pointedly ignorant of the difference between Devils and Demons, however this information is technically stored away for later; however Roderick does let loose a laugh as Atticus literally spells out a 'no' in such an overly ostentatious way. He does have to roll his eyes a tiny bit before giving the Genie a bland look that doesn't sit well with his scarred face, "You voided my contract with you as an employer when you sent your boys to kill me this morning." He spits on the ground at this point before sheathing his machete.

That said, it dawns on him that now was not the time for posturing at all.

Roderick isn't a smart man but even he knows this fight is unwinnable... well; it's winnable but he'd be sure of death if there weren't someone to heal them of their wounds. Taking stock of the gate and such he realizes this is going to be awful- after all he didn't hear the gate unlock- of course as he rushed to it it busted open thanks to Aron and so he's not booking it.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Roderick tried to intimidate Fairwind
    1d20+11 = (4)+11 = 15

The DC to Intimidate is 10 + HD + Wis

This very likely did not work.

Then he booked it his movement speed through the gate like a boss.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

"Regrettably predictable. Take them into custody, dead or alive," Fairwind strikes an imperious pose and issues the command as the group bolts, only to have the bearded devils and several of the Gaavs drive down into the fray to attack, though some get caught amidst the fog. Some, however, do swoop in to intercept the party. One manages to strike a glancing blow against Atticus, while another narrowly misses snatching Atticus off his feet and takes a tuft of hair instead.

Their flight is quickly interrupted by a surge of fire. An explosion rocks the dockside behind them, incinerating the mists that Sefariel left behind. Lances of fire surge through the haze; Atticus deftly dodges, but Aron and Roderick are struck [Aron takes 13 fire damage, Roderick 14]. Finally, a roaring wall of fire erupts in front of them, blocking their path to a skiff that is tantalizingly close.

Gloria and the Efreeti, their respective hands smoking from the fiery magic they just unleashed, stride forward towards the fray.

Spoiler: Aron only
    Show

A rasping voice of an old crone tears into your mind, "you forgot me! You left me behind! Come back and get me, please come back!" the figure standing next to Fairwind seems to be calling you, its voice equal parts repulsive as it is captivating. Aron's mind struggles to avoid its compelling draw.

Please make a will save against suggestion.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

'Ey! That ain't yers! He swiped a hand over his head, hoping to feel a full head of hair. He whirled around, taking a single pot shot at the efreeti, his elemental aura swinging to a chilly cold as the ball flew through the air shedding ice like a comet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to track last round, but since I had only 2 maneuvers left, I auto-refresh. I used 1 Animus on the Glyph and gained 1 just cause, so no net Animus change. I choose to be granted Energy Hammer and Assay Resistance and got Flickering Defense as a random granted.

FA: Swap Active Energy to Cold (-4 AC, AC 25, +2 saves +11/+12/+15)
    Standard: Energy Hammer
    (1d20+14)[31] I"m not sure of relative distances here. If the Efreeti is within 40 ft (before I move), its a Touch, otherwise its against regular AC.
    (1d12+11)[13] B/P + (10d6)[30] Cold damage. If hit, the Efreeti must make a DC 21 Fort save or be Nauseated for (1d4)[3] round(s).
    Swift: Assay Resistance. My attack ignores 25 points of Cold Resistance (if for some reason, he has some), all forms of DR (again, if he has some) and deals an additional (2d6)[6] damage. It is not clear if this extra damage is regular weapon damage or Active Element, so I separated it out here. There's arguments for both; since its unstated the default should be weapon damage but Elemental Flux is all about adding Xd6 [Active Energy] damage onto things.
    Move: Move. Like, as much and as fast as possible to our escape route.

Animus: 7
    Auto Granted Maneuvers: Energy Hammer, Assay Resistance, Flickering Defense, Raging Flux
    Ungranted Maneuvers:
    1) Raging Flux
    2) Arcane Shield
    3) Elemental Strike
    4) Flickering Defense

Animus Expenditure/Accrual:
    +1 free each round
    +1 Maneuver use
    -1 Animus Bullet
    -2 Energy Hammer Augment (+2d6 damage, +2 DC already factored above)
    Net Change: -2
    Net Animus: 5
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2020-03-21 at 09:53 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Aron
    HP: 22/49
    Without a word, Aron changes direction and flies for Fairwind's carriage.
    Semper ludens.

7. - Top - End - #247

Roderick
    HP: 29/64
    Rage: 11/13

Being torn between assisting Aron and not dying; Roderick... chooses to not die. He didn't know much about his god but he knew well enough that dying senselessly would earn him a place in the eternal battlement as a brick and that? Well, that wasn't his fate... leastwise in his mind. Bracing himself he proceeds to charge through the wall of fire toward where the ship was.

He feels regret, Aron seemed like he'd have been an interesting fellow to know.

Show

RUNAWAY!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Sefariel looked on with disappointment as Aron charged off. A fight was not what was needed just then. What was needed was time -- something he could not rightly provide, but in a pinch, even the simplest illusion could present the mind with questions, questions that needed time to answer.

He turned briefly to cast a spell, at the conclusion of which a simple, sturdy stone wall appeared between the enemy horde and his onrushing ally. That task completed, he turned and fled toward the sanctity of the ship, skipping through time and space as he often did.

Show
    Silent Image of a stone wall appearing in front of them and between them and Aron.

Then move (35') and shift (a further 15') toward the ship, using the shift to evade the fire wall if needed. It's not clear how far we are at this point, but presumably I'm close?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

The Efreeti's body is blasted by a wave of cold and ice from Atticus. He buckles to his knees, his confidence erased in an instant. The Efreeti staggers backwards away from the battle even as Gloria starts to pick up speed. She leaps into the air over and above the obstructions, carried by magical flight. With a quick incantation she surrounds herself with illusionary copies of herself, masking her position as she homes in to attack. The two bearded devils emerge from the fog cloud, their glaives eager to taste blood.

The Gaavs swoop down to harry the escaping warriors. One pursues Roderick through the wall of fire but his spear is deflected by the observant warrior. Sefariel is less lucky. After shifting across the wall of fire he finds one of the Gaav's grinning only a few feet from him. It flits forward and sticks him with its spear, striking a glancing blow. Atticus finds himself mobbed by four of the devils as they paw at him trying to lift him off the ground, but none of them can get a good hold.

Aron loops around the conflict, avoiding the assailants and finding himself drawn inexorably towards the figure standing next to Fairwind. The genie simply stands still with his hands behind his back, curiously looking at Aron's approach. As he draws closer, however, he feels a sting in the back of his mind. The mental image of the Cerulean Gray, the very ship he was trying to embark, is superimposed with scenes of torture, pain, and brutality. Every fear and anxiety from the deepest recesses of his psyche is being pulled by the foul psychic magic.

Sefariel and Roderick now stand a scant few feet from the skiff, and can clearly see three sets of large iron chains restraining it to the dockside. Each is looped around part of the skiff and secured by a lock. If the skiff is to escape the scene they must be removed.

Show

Atticus is unharmed... for now
    Roderick takes 22 fire damage for passing through the wall of fire
    Sefariel takes 2 damage from the Gaav's spear
    Aron must make a will save against Aversion at a -2 penalty
    Last edited by Darvin; 2020-04-01 at 03:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Aron
    HP: 22 (+14)/49

Aron looks around, his eyes at the same time drawn and repelled by the mysterious presence. "Grab on, I will get you out of here", he says, not quite certain to whom. He looks around, alert to attacks from any direction, and covers himself in a layer of protective intent.

Swift action Mind Barrier for 14 Very Temporary Hit Points, move action Combat Trick to gain the Shield Sphere (and +3 AC from Active Defense).
    Semper ludens.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Atticus started to scramble, desperation setting in. It pained him that Aron seemed to be under some kind of spell, but there was nothing the marksmen could do for him. His elemental aura swapped from chilly dampness to a fiery heat, in preparation for passing through the Wall of Fire. It didn't slow him down and he moved with a singular purpose.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action; swap Active Element to Fire (Gain Fast Healing 1; lose +2 to saves, gain Resist Fire 15
    Full-Round Action, Run. Or withdraw, if a double move is sufficient to reach the skiff.

Animus: 5
    Auto Granted Maneuvers: Energy Hammer, Assay Resistance, Flickering Defense, Raging Flux, Elemental Strike
    Ungranted Maneuvers:
    1) Elemental Strike
    2) Arcane Shield
    +1 free each round
    +1 Maneuver use (Probably?)
    Net Change: +2
    Net Animus: 7

Atticus will have Flickering Defense ready. Next attack against Atticus must be rolled twice, at a -4 penalty, and the lowest result is taken.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Sefariel looked at the small devil with a mixture of annoyance and disdain, stepping back and casting a brief spell; where there was one of him, there were now six, swirling and merging and re-separating from each other. He cast an eye (or more accurately, an ear) to see who else might be about.

Show
    5' step away from it
    Cast mirror image, rolled in discord
    Active perception check to find out if anyone's working on any of the locks: (1d20+9)[11]

13. - Top - End - #253

Roderick
    HP:7/64 (21/78)
    Rage: 10/13 (-1)

The flames burned his flesh in ways that he'd learned to ignore. But seeing the only way they were getting off this place chained? Oh, that made Roderick very angry; so angry in fact that his arms bulged and he snarled moving to the first chain with anger in his gaze. While doing this his steps grew heavier and heavier; shaking the dock as he grew to a much more intimidating size. His body bulging with muscles as he reached forward; he was going to break these chains... soon.

Show

>Roderick is on Fire for 22, reducing him to 7 hp
    >Roderick rages while moving to the chains.
    >During his movement as flavor and not because I care about your action economy, he casts enlarge person, growing in size and strength so next round he can rip the ****mothering mooring off the dock!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Atticus is mildly singed by the flames as he charges through them. He doesn't have more than a moment of reprieve before the mercenary woman surges overtop of the wall of flames with her magical flight. She careens down to the ground behind Atticus; with one hand she completes the somatic components of her spell, grasps her sword, then simultaneous with her strike completes the verbal components. Atticus barely has time to activate his Flickering Defense and elude the greatsword when a wave of raw emotion roils over the battlefield.

No sooner has the spell completed do the devils come screeching through the flames. Two try to stab him with spears to futile results, but the others rush to mob his allies. A second pair attempt to latch onto Roderick and disrupt his spell to no avail, but the last two head towards Sefariel. One reaches out tumbles through his illusionary duplicate, but the other manages to grab the wizard with its filthy hands and hold on tight.

Aron feels a cloying hand grab onto his and he lifts it upwards. Fairwind gives a dismissive look at this before turning back to the conflict, "away, away, out into the yonder," the voice says and points out towards the void beyond the port, "we'll make our escape into the astral" there is something vaguely sinister about this suggestion, but it seems unimportant.

Show

Atticus takes 3 damage (after fire resistance 15 is applied) from the wall of fire)
    Atticus, Sefariel, and Roderick must make a will save against a Fear spell
    Sefariel loses one mirror image, and is grappled

Atticus' Flickering Defense was applied against Gloria's attack. In future please declare what you want to use it against, as it's difficult to interrupt turns in play by post. In this case there was an obvious attack that was most threatening so it wasn't an issue. Just keep it in mind for future.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Aron

"The void? That's not part of any escape plan. Who is this even? I didn't leave anyone behind". Aron clears his mind; he reverses his grip on his polearm, and stabs his passenger.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Aron can attack an adjacent target with his reach weapon at only -2. I will assume the awkward position gives him another -2 (he is wielding the weapon one handed). Assuming a Lawful Outsider, he is at +13 (15 base, +2 from Arcane Pool enhancement, +2 from Bane, -2 power attack, -2 -2 circumstances)), 1d10+21+2d6, 17-20/*2. Between base enhancement, Arcane Pool and Bane, the weapon's effective enhancement bonus is +5, enough to penetrate alignment-based DR, but I don't know if temporary enhancement actually works for that.
    attack - (1d20+13)[20], damage - (1d10+21)[29] + bane - (2d6)[9].
    Semper ludens.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

For the first time, there was a different look about Sefariel (or in this case the four remaining ones, still swirling about) -- one of sheer existential dread -- as he was grabbed by the devil. "Sophia! I need you now!" he cried out, and upon cue, his familiar emerged from his body, pausing as it left to tap the wizard on the head. A word later, and they were gone from the devil's grasp, albeit just a short distance away.

The hound archon meanwhile, took one last pair of swings before winking out of existence.

Show
    Actions as discussed in Discord.

I figure the hound archon should be leaving about now; it's probably been more than seven rounds but on the other hand we forgot him for a couple. Rolling that attack set in discord.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Atticus didn't stop his stride, his animus flaring reflexively into a shield as the woman struck at his opening. As he reached the skiff, he whirled around, rifle already emitting ephemeral trail of the next animus bullet. Hey big guy!? See that chain there? Second from the mooring, crooked? Pull that one. He punctuated with firing a blast of air down range at the woman that was dangerously close to overtaking their position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move adjacent to Rodrick; I believe that also puts him adjacent to the skiff as well. This should also provoke an AoO against the swordwoman. Note my AC is currently 29 but I am also using Arcane Shield.

Swift Action: Arcane Shield. Counter; when targeted by an attack, I can make a Spellcraft check, using the triggering attack's attack roll as the DC. If I succeed, the attack is negated.
    (1d20+14)[29] Spellcraft vs. Attack roll

Stnadard Action; Elemental Strike
    (1d20+14)[16] vs. Touch AC on Swordswoman
    (1d12+11)[23] B/P + (4d6)[17] electric damage. She must make a DC 19 Reflex save or be knocked Prone. I've augmented this strike with 2 Animus to increase the DC +2 and damage by +2d6.

Auto Granted Maneuvers: Energy Hammer, Assay Resistance, Flickering Defense, Raging Flux, Elemental Strike, Arcane Shield
    Ungranted Maneuvers:
    1) Arcane Shield
    +1 free each round
    +1 Maneuver use
    -1 Animus Bullet
    -2 Energy Strike augment
    Net Change: -1
    Net Animus: 6

Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #258

Roderick
    Rage: 9/13 (-1)

Roderick's spell finished as he exploded in height; going from barely a manlet to being a fullgrown half-giant in size. That said, he acknowledged the words of the guy who knew where their escape lied. So; using his large frame and taking a hold of the mooring itself; having misunderstood what was said. His lack of intellect only compounded by the rage. He dug his claws right on into the pylon itself... and pulled.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show

Finish Cast of Enlarge Person.

Roll a strength Check! 2+9=11 Not sure if being a big ol' boy does anything...
    Last edited by ThatDamnPaladin; 2020-04-20 at 05:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Aron
    As Aron lashes out at the creature, the woman's voice lets out a seething cry, "oh, you wound me sir, how could you not remember me?"

And with that her tongue lashes out at Aron, providing the most painful and least romantic kiss of his life. Her presence enters his mind, scrubbing at his memories and tearing at his being. His recollection of the last few moments melts away like ice turning to water, disorienting him here on the precipice of the void.

Show

Aron is affected by the Memory Lapse spell (no save). He must make a Will save or else be affected by the Repress Memory spell (the devil chooses what memories to alter).

Atticus, Roderick, and Sefariel

Atticus' shot whizzes straight through the woman's head, dispersing one of her mirror images in the process. The elemental blast continues off into the distance before striking a building with a deafening crack. Without hesitation the woman leaps into the air with the power of her magical flight and flips behind Atticus. She heaves her weapon and once again misses Atticus, but as her blade touches the ground it unleashes a shockwave of energy. Atticus and Roderick maintain their footing, but Sefariel is sent toppling to the ground by the force of the blast. As Sefariel falls the woman snaps her fingers and unleashes a spell focused on him; the force of gravity instantly magnifies several times over and he strikes the ground with incredible force.

She glares at Atticus, "you've got good moves, warrior, I'll grant you that. I like a man who makes it a challenge,"

Show

Gloria missed her attack against Atticus, but unleashed a Tremor Blast spell in an area of effect. Sefariel was tripped by this spell, and she followed up with a Staggering Fall spell as a swift action. Sefariel takes 1 point of damage, and must make a Fortitude save against DC 16 or be staggered for 8 rounds (he can make a will save every round as a free action to end the effect early).

As the other devils begin to move in to strike, the skiff whirs to life. Lights gleam and a vibrant magical hum emanates from it as it strains against the chains that hold it fast. A large mechanical component on the top deck begins to rotate and thrum with magical power before unleashing a concussive blast that incinerates the collection of Gaavs that were clustered around where Sefariel was standing a moment ago.

"Well ****," Gloria curses under her breath. The two Bearded Devils, blocked by a large crater left in the dock, instead teleport across it and appear on the other side ready to do battle.

Mais
    It seemed that no matter how far afield he traveled, the same troubles always followed him. Determined outsiders that were hell-bent on killing him. And it wasn't always devils, though that seemed to be what was on the menu today. He'd given the assailants the slip for the time being, having found a nice concealed nook underneath the city, perched on the precipice of the void.

It had been a few hours, though, and Mais was starting to chafe at his new hiding spot. For the time being he was safe, but sooner or later one of those flying devils would fly too close and spot him. He scanned the nearby harbor, watching for any departing vessels leaving into the void that he could sneak onto.

That was when he noticed it; a battle raging on the harbor about a hundred feet from his hiding position. Devils swooping down at a group of warriors, surges of magic and fire engulfing the harbor side. It appeared these warriors were attempting to flee on one of the skiffs. As he pondered the situation, two figures shot directly past his hiding place. A human man and another individual were tumbling through the void only a scant few paces in front of him. The man attempted to stab at his fiendish adversary to no avail, and appeared to be in distress.

Show

Welcome to the party Mais; Aron is in trouble and could use your help.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2020-04-23 at 03:23 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

In that moment, the strix looked over the situation, watching the two tumbling through the void. Taking wing, he drifts over, pulling a small glass and metal tube out from a pouch in his dark leather coat. Moving up he reaches out to touch her on the opposite shoulder from where he was. "Excuse me, May I trouble you for a moment of your time? Does this have any affect on you?" he asks, tossing the vial at the demon thing's face trying to suck out the human's brains out through his mouth.

Show

(1d20+6)[7] melee touch attack "Marked Target" +2 if I can get flaking
    Or she takes -2 to perception checks and is Battered for one round

Dirty Trick Combat manuver to blind
    (1d20+10)[14]

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Aron

As the clearly unfriendly tongue licks at him, Aron makes a swift counterstrike. But the weapon clatters harmlessly against inhuman skin.

immediate action counterstrike, rolled and failed in Discord.

Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-04-23 at 02:47 PM.
    Semper ludens.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Atticus ducked under the woman's blade, hopping slightly to avoid her magical tremor. He met her eyes as he pointed the barrel squarely between them. Sorry, Ma'am, but yer in my way. He fired, his form flickering and splitting as two different versions of him started to duck past the woman before they collapsed back into a single, real Atticus. At the same time, his semi-real bullet impacted the woman, its non-existent mass sending her flying through air before roughly impacting the skiff as Atticus jumped from the dock to the deck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Raging Flux
    (1d20+14)[30] vs. Touch. This will provoke an AoO
    (1d12+11)[13] B/P damage + (6d6)[19] Electric damage. For every 10 points of damage dealt, she gets pushed back 10 feet. If she collides with something (like the Skiff) she takes another (1d6)[1] damage.

Swift/Immediate: Flickering Defense against her inevitable AoO. Or her attack on her turn, if for some reason she doesn't take the AoO. She must roll twice (at a -4 penalty) and take the worst result.

Move: Jump onto the skiff (rolled 14 on discord)

Animus: 6
    Auto-Refresh:
    Auto Granted Maneuvers: Raging Flux, Flickering Defense, Elemental Strike, Assay Resistance
    Ungranted Maneuvers:
    1) Energy Hammer
    2) Arcane Shield
    3) Elemental Strike
    4) Assay Resistance

+1 free each round
    +1 Maneuver use
    -1 Animus Bullet
    Net Change: +1
    Net Animus: 7
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2020-04-23 at 03:16 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

The Strix blinked as visions of blood and pain and a really unfun time rattle through his head. Tick tick tick, went his pocket watch, as he was back in his hiding hole watching the two go by once again. The feeling of Deja vu from his magic was palpable, and he sighed. If he went and did it that way, it would only result in misery and pain, but he had a second chance at least as he took wing, again for the first time. Changing his actions just slightly, he flew to the devil-demon-thing's otherside as he pulled out the vial of liquid, once again tapping her on the shoulder opposite to him "Hello, sorry me again. Well me currently. You wouldn't recognize me, but if you please take a whiff of this, it would be most appreciated to tell me how it makes you feel. And remember, its for prosperity's sake, so do be truthful."

Show

Used two spell points to immediate action Rety, and try that opening turn again.

(1d20+6)[16] vs touch ac Marked target +2 if i can get into flanking.

(1d20+10)[29] CMB to dirty trick blind the demon thing. +2 if I can get flanking.

Lets hope I actually pull this one through.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Sefariel had had quite enough. With the ship finally operational, it was time to board.

He cast one last defensive spell from his unceremoniously-acquired position on the ground, then shifted onto the deck of the vessel.

Show
    Get up from prone only if nobody is threatening (this is unclear)
    Cast Shield, if nobody is threatening

Dimensional hop onto the deck of the ship.

Sophia can accompany, or just fly up there.

25. - Top - End - #265

Roderick
    Rage: 8/13 (-1)

Yeah, Roderick's claws couldn't grip into the wood properly; even with assistance and direction he'd have had a difficult time. So, he heaved again, and he'd continue to try to do so regardless of what was going on. A posturing enemy was not his concern as he tried once more to rip the chains out of where they were. Or, y'know, just wreck the hell out of the pier.

Show

Surprising no one, RNG says no rip and tear.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Sefariel
    Sefariel materializes just outside the upper deck of the skiff, and for the first time lays eyes upon the controls used to pilot this machine. The jury-rigged contraption involves dozen of levers, wheels, pull-chains, and magical runestones. At the center of this confusing apparatus, Tanner sits upon a large mechanical seat that swivels. The seat turns, she adjusts a few knobs, and then there's a surge of power through the ship and then-

Sefariel catches a glimpse out of the corner of his eye; the spellsword mercenary is once again casting a spell through her blade. Sefariel catches just enough of her evocation magic to duck down before the explosion hits. Flames scour over him and he shields his eyes from the blinding light. He grasps a rail to keep his balance as a second blast shatters the dock into tiny pieces, freeing the Cerulean Gray.

Tanner peers out from behind her contraption, "Good news, Fairwind didn't loot my supply stash. Medical supplies are over there," she points to an open cabinet containing multiple rows of neatly organized vials, scrolls, and a wand, "make yourself useful, cutie, or people you like are gunna die,"

Show
    There are eight potions each of cure serious wounds, cure moderate wounds, and cure light wounds, twelve scrolls of cure light wounds, eight scrolls of lesser restoration, four scrolls of remove blindness/deafness, two scrolls of remove disease, two scrolls of remove curse, one scroll of raise dead, and a wand of infernal healing (32 charges remaining)

Atticus, Roderick
    Gloria takes a swipe at Atticus, but her blade is misled; he ducks down and unleashes a blast that hits her dead on. She is sent tumbling backwards, her feet skidding along the air. She collects herself and quickly makes a few gestures. Out of the corner of his eyes Atticus sees the two bearded devils approaching from behind him. Gloria charges in opposite of them, once again casting a spell as she moves and bringing her sword down with it. Atticus manages to side-step two of the three simultaneous attacks, but one of the devils hits home with its glaive and delivers a gruesome blow.

As Gloria's sword hits the ground the dock explodes; a geyser of white hot flame erupts from the ground, showering blinding sparks in every direction and unleashing a wave of fire. Almost simultaneously a second explosion rocks the dock a few dozen feet away; the cannon on the skiff aims not at the assailants, but at the dock itself. The ground underneath of Atticus and Roderick's feet begin to shift. The dock has been shattered into multiple pieces, which now begin to drift into the void.

Show

Atticus takes 10 points of damage, 2 points of bleed, and is subject to infernal wounds from the devil's attack.

Sefariel takes 8 fire damage from Firefall (saves rolled in Discord)
    Roderick takes 17 damage and is on fire from Firefall (save rolled in Discord)

Atticus take 17 fire damage, catches on fire and is blinded for 3 rounds. A successful DC 18 reflex save halves the damage and negates catching on fire. A successful DC 18 will save negates the blindness.

There are about a dozen pieces of debris now floating through the void. Roderick is alone on a 10 ft piece of debris that is still tethered to the skiff. Atticus and a bearded devil share on 10 ft square piece of debris. Gloria and the other bearded devil have their own piece of debris. Currently all the pieces are 10 ft away from each other, but drift further away by 10 ft every round.

Mais and Aron
    Aron's mind wheels from the onslaught around him. Time and distant melt, then reform, then melt again. Clarity comes suddenly from this disassociative episode; his assailant grasps at her eyes, squinting hopelessly without vision and screaming bloody curses. Standing across from her is a flying man clad in black feather and holding a now-empty flask. Wisps of magic still cloy to this timely ally.

"C-curses upon you vile creature, for your interference. I'll tear your mind apart piece by piece and leave your body as a thrall for my amusement!" she screeches. There's a crackling sensation across both Mais and Aron's heads as a rising tide of psychic magic boils over inside of this fiendish woman. With a single blood-curtling cry she unleashes it, and it washes over them like a tidal wave.

Show
    Siga spends a move action to center herself, then casts Confusion defensively. Mais and Aron must make a will save (DC 21) or be Confused.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2020-05-04 at 10:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Aron

As his mind reels, Aron keeps one thought in mind, clutching at it like a stubborn child, like a drowning man: "This is my enemy". As the world spins, that one thought guides his arm, and his blade cleaves through the devil's flesh in two wicked fast sweeps.

Made Will save, Full Attack: Attack AC 30 for 31 damage, Attack 30 for 39 damage, rolls in Discord.
    Semper ludens.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Atticus grunted in pain as the blinding flare of fire scorched him even as the devil's blade tore at his flank, leaving a festering oozing wound. He grabbed hold of the shred of pier as the explosion blew it apart, the turbulent force knocking what little breath he had left. As the dust settled he took stock of the rapidly deteriorating battle. The skiff was running; that was the target. Everything else was unimportant. Well, almost everything. He grabbed the festered wound, willing the chaotic forces that ebbed and flowed in him towards the wound. The flesh resisted at first; the profane magicks resisting the magic. But Atticus skill at honing his Animus won out, the wound stitching closed as did a number of other more minor scrapes and bruises.

He righted himself, feeling more stable on his feet. He hefted his musket, eyeing the devil on his little island in the Astral. Thinking quickly, he willed his feet that 'down' was not towards the scrape of dock but towards the errant skiff. He felt a flutter in his stomach but his feet remained firmly oriented towards the dock remnant. Darn! He spat at himself. Carefully, he closed the distance between the devil and himself, getting underneath the thing's halberd. He jammed the musket at the devil's flank, mirroring the earlier blow. Nothin' personal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Animus healing for 18 (rolled to overcome the non-healing, the bleeding and the amount healed on Discord)
    FA: Attempt to reorient personal gravity (failed, rolled on discord)
    Another FA: 5-ft step to be adjacent to the Devil. Should keep me out of an AoO for a ranged attack
    Standard: Elemental Strike
    (1d20+14)[30] vs. Touch AC
    (1d12+11)[19] + (2d6)[6] Electric damage
    Target must make a DC 17 Reflex save or be knocked prone
    Imm. Action: Use Arcane Shield against any counter attack (besides any AoO it may have gotten vs. his ranged attack). (1d20+14)[24] vs. the triggering attack roll. If successful, the triggering attack is negated.

Granted Maneuvers: Raging Flux, Flickering Defense, Elemental Strike, Assay Resistance, Arcane Shield
    Ungranted Maneuvers:
    1) Energy Hammer
    2) Arcane Shield

+1 free each round
    +1 Maneuver use
    -1 Animus Bullet
    -2 Animus Healing
    Net Change: -1
    Net Animus: 6
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #269

Roderick
    Actual HP:-7/64
    Angry Boi HP: 4/78
    Rage: 7/13 (-1)
    Eldritch Heritage: Hardened Fists: 2/5 (-1)

Roderick's body was, for lack of a better word- in tatters. Frankly the only reason he was still concious was because his rage wasn't going to cool and let him die, yet. The fact that there were powerful spell casters in the group of people following the folks he'd decided to assist really would have got him thinking- if he were capable of rational thought at the moment, about how unquestionably badly balanced in the favor of the enemies this was. As he was but a single bloodrager- with a bloodline he was sorely mistaken on. Alas he'd definitely be beating a sound and tactical advance backwards.

Sadly, as he is too angry to die right now; an enormous fool as well, and he'd been told he had to remove an obstacle from their fleeing. He continues on trying to break the mooring for the chain. Hopefully to some effect; he does have ****mothering giant claws after all... which proceed to double in size and strength as his muscles heave once again!

Show

Too angry to think, too angry to die; he continues with a roll of 17 with a strength roll. Yep. Because it's worked so well!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

As the magic bounces harmlessly off of him, the Strix looks straight at the demon."That will be enough of that. Do I make myself clear? he asks, the lenses of his mask reflecting her face back at her. She was still in fairly good health, something he found to be rather annoying since there was already a pretty massive wound in her from the wounds the human had made earlier.

Show

(1d20+13)[20] Intimidate to demoralize check.