New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: DISNEY + new IRONHEART series

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I did I can't speak for how much you make - but even if it's like, minimum wage or something, just space them out. You don't have to critique all 23 of them in a single month, and you don't have to upload all your critiques at once either. What's the hurry?
    I want to watch them all relatively close together so I can...

(a) get it all over with as quickly as possible like pulling off a band-aide...

...and...

(b) if something doesn't make sense in one film or seems to contradict another I can quickly cross reference it to see if it's (for lack of a better word) plot hole or maybe it's me who is wrong and I'm missing something.

Still I can't be the only one who is outraged by this. Disney owns the rights to all these films. I know they want to sell DVDs/Blue-Rays/Home Media, but that stuff comes with extras like commentary, deleted scenes, the making of - stuff that people who enjoy the film would want to see. Putting more films on their streaming service isn't going to hurt those sales. At the very least 15/23 of the films in the MCU that currently exist should be on Disney+ at any given time.
    Last edited by Magic_Hat; 2019-09-23 at 09:59 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

You can always see which ones are available at your library on DVD.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    I want to watch them all relatively close together so I can...

(a) get it all over with as quickly as possible like pulling off a band-aide...

...and...

(b) if something doesn't make sense in one film or seems to contradict another I can quickly cross reference it to see if it's (for lack of a better word) plot hole or maybe it's me who is wrong and I'm missing something.

Still I can't be the only one who is outraged by this. Disney owns the rights to all these films. I know they want to sell DVDs/Blue-Rays/Home Media, but that stuff comes with extras like commentary, deleted scenes, the making of - stuff that people who enjoy the film would want to see. Putting more films on their streaming service isn't going to hurt those sales. At the very least 15/23 of the films in the MCU that currently exist should be on Disney+ at any given time.
    Subscriptions are for people who watch a lot of movies/TV but aren't picky about what they want to watch. If you know exactly what you want to watch, then Google Play or Amazon Video sells most movies and TV shows individually, without a subscription. Most of the MCU movies are $3 to rent on Google Play. If you have particular requirements for which movies you want to watch, then you have to pay more than someone who just wants to watch something but doesn't care what it is, or someone who watches less movies than you do.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Still I can't be the only one who is outraged by this.
    This is the internet, I can guarantee that the answer to "I can't be the only one who {insert emotion/opinion}" is "no, of course not." But I can just as readily guarantee that Disney made a calculated decision, backed up by reams of data, that the folks who would be upset enough over said decision to not subscribe are thoroughly eclipsed by what they gain by artificially controlling the supply this way. The potential gains are numerous; folks who will rent instead, or buy DVDs, or rush to watch show X when it finally does rotate in and thus either revive a lapsed sub or be ripe for exposure to related marketing etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)