Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 101
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Greetings WindStruck, and welcome back to the world of Call of Cthulhu, a world of horror, mystery, and wonder. Here you shall take on the role of an intrepid Investigator of the Unknown (or Investigator for short), while I shall be the Keeper of Arcane Lore (or the Keeper).

    Now that you've understood the basic rules and themeatic aspects of the game, having played the introductory adventure. Prepare to journey onto your first freeform scenario -- Paper Chase! This is a mystery set in 1921 where you are the main character. For the purposes of guiding you, I may very rarely make small notes at the bottom of my posts, but these will be far more rare than before, so I hope you're prepared to think for yourself!

    Anyway, without further ado, tuck yourself in, grab a bowl of popcorn, and join the In-Character!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Great to be back! IC post incoming...

    ---- My Tick marks! ----
    Psychology - for sensing some kind of fear from Mr. Merriweather
    Charm - for getting Mr. Jefferson to talk with me
    Mechanical Repair - for unlocking a door from the inside!
    Spot Hidden - for spying Mr. Jefferson's secret bottle of ... booze?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-09-15 at 03:34 PM.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Hm.. that last IC post of mine was short...

    Just so we are clear, yes, I'm totally ok with being brought to a doctor's office or hospital.. in fact, it was what I was expecting!

    I also do intend to tell them what happened. Though I was thinking the question "what happened to you??" would inevitably come up. If it looks like the officer that is helping her to the doctor is going to leave before asking such a question, Deirdre will try to call out for him to wait, so she can at least tell him something.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Ok, sounds good!

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    If you want to talk about what Deirdre actually thinks and remembers, let me know.

    I'm of the opinion that.. she does, in fact, remember many details, but would admit the whole story seems crazy. She'd think there's a slim possibility that it didn't really happen. But overall, she still believes she was nearly murdered. She'll just play it off if necessary to not seem like a crazy person.

    Does that seem reasonable?

    But, I am sure there is a lot of forensic evidence that could have been documented, if anyone bothered. And, of course, probably the easiest way to verify anything is someone traveling over to Emberhead to see if the village still stands, or if it's merely a smoldering crater now.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    That's completely fine, to be honest with you, I guess it's just a differing of opinions. Considering myself an extremely rational person who does not believe in the supernatural, if I were to experience something like that, I myself would question my own sanity at least somewhat, so maybe I'm projecting too much of me onto your character, thus I apologize. I'll try and dial back on that aspect.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Yeah, best practice is to not do the thinking of the character for that player. Let the player do that character's thinking.

    As for my opinion? If it happened to me personally? It's hard to say what I'd think until it actually happened to me. But I firmly hold that there is nothing supernatural about a bunch of crazy people forming a cult and murdering someone. This happens in real life too. See Helter Skelter and that other group of crazies that drank poisoned Kool-Aid. Deirdre witnessed nothing "supernatural". Especially since she didn't see what happened near the end of the bonfire.

    The only thing that came close was those 4 people that seemed to vanish, and she did go lay down cause she thought she might have been a bit crazy from some sickness. But she met them again and they turned out to be very real. Their disappearance can be explained that maybe they just are quick and know the village well.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Yeah, best practice is to not do the thinking of the character for that player. Let the player do that character's thinking.
    Of course, sadly it's a rather tempting thing to do in a Play-by-Post, nevertheless, as I said, it was a mistake that to be honest, I normally don't do too often in most other RPGs. Despite that, hopefully it will not happen again.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-06 at 12:33 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    And now I am offering for the keeper to try rolling for psychology.

    My, how the tables have turned!
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    And now I am offering for the keeper to try rolling for psychology.

    My, how the tables have turned!
    Hahahaha, well I rolled an 80 or so, so I guess I won't be reading that spoiler

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Hmmm...? Is this Deirdre's inner thoughts, or are you talking about me?
    When I do text like that, it's Deirdre's thoughts. I guess take it to mean, she thinks there's easily a wide variety of subjects they could talk about.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    When I do text like that, it's Deirdre's thoughts. I guess take it to mean, she thinks there's easily a wide variety of subjects they could talk about.
    Ah, all good, and again, I think I clarified what he meant about "dearth of subjects" in my post.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Hey, one thing I was thinking was it would seem like the vast majority of burns on Deirdre (and anyone else who got torched) should be on her lower body, right?

    I was thinking maybe saying a pat on the shoulder hurts is a bit much... but hey, I don't know. Maybe it's only very minor burns up top. Bet they still hurt!
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Hey, one thing I was thinking was it would seem like the vast majority of burns on Deirdre (and anyone else who got torched) should be on her lower body, right?

    I was thinking maybe saying a pat on the shoulder hurts is a bit much... but hey, I don't know. Maybe it's only very minor burns up top. Bet they still hurt!
    I assumed it would be minor burns on the top that still hurt upon contact, but that can be changed if you take issue with that.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    I assumed it would be minor burns on the top that still hurt upon contact, but that can be changed if you take issue with that.
    Nah. I think we're on the same page then!
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    I don't know if you are going to shift events in the story to hyperspeed, or if I'll simply get a visit from a nurse in an hour!

    But... thought I would let you know Deirdre's likely plan of action, in advance. Visiting the hotel Rupert mentioned is of course a nobrainer to have a home, a place to rest. She's also of course going to be interested in trying out for that play, though I suppose she has no idea where the theater is right now. But also in the mean time, to actually support herself, she'll probably have to find some kind of part time job... waitressing could always be an option, especially if people leave nice tips.

    As for her immediate clothing predicament, I have no idea how she's going to have anything to wear still.

    edit: by the way, on the matter of clothing, if they still saved her burnt dress, Deirdre would like to keep it. I know it brings up bad memories, but on the other hand.. it would be the only proof she has that what happened wasn't her imagination. I think the only thing scarier than being sacrificed by cultists is the realization that you very well could be going insane.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-09-06 at 09:58 PM.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    I don't know if you are going to shift events in the story to hyperspeed, or if I'll simply get a visit from a nurse in an hour!

    But... thought I would let you know Deirdre's likely plan of action, in advance. Visiting the hotel Rupert mentioned is of course a nobrainer to have a home, a place to rest. She's also of course going to be interested in trying out for that play, though I suppose she has no idea where the theater is right now. But also in the mean time, to actually support herself, she'll probably have to find some kind of part time job... waitressing could always be an option, especially if people leave nice tips.

    As for her immediate clothing predicament, I have no idea how she's going to have anything to wear still.

    edit: by the way, on the matter of clothing, if they still saved her burnt dress, Deirdre would like to keep it. I know it brings up bad memories, but on the other hand.. it would be the only proof she has that what happened wasn't her imagination. I think the only thing scarier than being sacrificed by cultists is the realization that you very well could be going insane.
    I think I'm going to shift into hyperspeed. I enjoy the solely RP sections, but in PbPs sometimes that leads to a lull which leads to inactivity, and then bye-bye... (which I doubt will happen in this game, but I'd like to set a sort of standard if that makes sense).

    Also, I shall take that course of action into account.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    If I can ask, how far into the future do you plan to go?

    And.. I don't suppose there might be a bit of opportunity to backtrack a bit if something really seems intriguing?

    In any case, I don't think you should fear luls in RP sections from me. If I'm feeling bored/done with the scene or have no idea what to do, I'll let you know. lol
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    If I can ask, how far into the future do you plan to go?

    And.. I don't suppose there might be a bit of opportunity to backtrack a bit if something really seems intriguing?

    In any case, I don't think you should fear luls in RP sections from me. If I'm feeling bored/done with the scene or have no idea what to do, I'll let you know. lol
    One month. I'll also always allow backtracking, that's completely fair. Also, given your playstyle, I gathered the last part lol.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-07 at 02:07 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Wow, one month is a lot of time! I imagine she probably had some visits with Rupert as well then.

    And given what he said about strange, illogical things he experienced, and his son, Deirdre might have confided in him what actually happened to her. Not in public, of course, but in a more private space.

    It could be an interesting RP piece. But.. then again, we'd just be rehashing what we literally just played a few days ago.

    I'm not sure what else to add. It's just a month seems like quite a while. You sure that's wise? Maybe ask me if you want any other input on what kind of decisions Deirdre would make in that time. It seems like I'd be missing a lot of important decisions...
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-09-07 at 02:12 AM.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    To be honest, I'm unsure if it's wise. However, on the other hand, it doesn't make too much sense for everything else to develop too quickly. After all, this is a new town, and I'm sure that much of that time is actually getting used to the town itself.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    But as for questions, would Deirdre try and look into everything that happened at Emberhead further, or has she had enough of the strange and mysterious?

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    To be honest, I'm unsure if it's wise. However, on the other hand, it doesn't make too much sense for everything else to develop too quickly. After all, this is a new town, and I'm sure that much of that time is actually getting used to the town itself.
    Yeah, for real! My character will be living a month there and will supposedly be used to the place, and I, the player, will be an utterly clueless schmuck trying to make smart decisions.

    Maybe we could try an important event or two per week??

    Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    But as for questions, would Deirdre try and look into everything that happened at Emberhead further, or has she had enough of the strange and mysterious?
    On one hand you could say she's had enough of the strange and mysterious, but what happened in Emberhead still really bothers her. Part of her wants to believe it didn't happen and is 'irrational'. But another part.. well, you can't just ignore the empirical evidence of your own senses and memory can you?

    I don't think she'd want to travel there, but I think she'd want to check maps and see if the place even existed, along with trying to retrace the route she must have taken on coach/bike/foot. She'd also be on the lookout for news stories about that. If what she thought was true, massive billowing smoke would certainly draw attention, and there'd undoubtedly be a story somewhere about a village that was torched.

    Ultimately, she wants to be sure, once and for all. Are the doctors right to say she was suffering some kind of delusion? Or is quite likely that what she experienced was real?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-09-07 at 02:26 AM.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Now, I have a quick question for you to answer: What emotion best describes Deirdre? Find one primary emotion she expresses. Try to use a colorful, specific word to describe it. For instance, instead of “angry” you might say “vengeful” or “raging,” or instead of happy you might say “cheerful” or “exhalting.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-07 at 06:29 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Hmm, that's a tough one. I think it's really hard to narrow it down to just one emotion... It sounds like a cheesy job interview question or something from an online personality test tbh... No offense.

    Also, are we talking about what she feels inside or what she expressed to others? (for the most part she's been pretty sincere). Or are we talking about what emotions other people will feel when being around her?
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Hmm, that's a tough one. I think it's really hard to narrow it down to just one emotion... It sounds like a cheesy job interview question or something from an online personality test tbh... No offense.

    Also, are we talking about what she feels inside or what she expressed to others? (for the most part she's been pretty sincere). Or are we talking about what emotions other people will feel when being around her?
    TBH it is something from an online test, but more about just character stuffs so that I can help identify traits about her. So no offense taken.

    In addition it would be what she expresses towards others. How she makes people feel is actually the next one.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Well I was mulling over the question, and I think I came up with a single word I am satisfied with: radiant.

    Of course this would be Deirdre under normal circumstances. Before the Emberhead incident. Now that she's had a literally scarring incident and still not on her feet, she's just more unsure of herself and others, you know? But radiant would still fit. Think of it like the sun being obscured by clouds sometimes.

    Will that suffice? I wonder, will these "traits" have some kind of mechanical effect? Otherwise, I don't think I need any coaching with RPing...

    Week-long time skip?
    Maybe. I'm wondering how much you fancy covering finding a job, trying to make it to those auditions, and scrounging around for food. Those are events that I see as happening the next day.

    edit: Oh, I forgot! Deirdre will also go to church on Sundays! That shouldn't be too hard! All she has to do is find an appropriate one and show up! I probably couldn't say what denomination she would belong to though... also September 12th, 1921 is a Monday.

    But of course, I hear time warps are all the rage these days!
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-09-08 at 01:34 AM.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Will that suffice? I wonder, will these "traits" have some kind of mechanical effect? Otherwise, I don't think I need any coaching with RPing...
    Admittedly this was more for me than for you, but that's all good.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Well, that was quite a lot of time and events we skimmed through! I think I do feel a nod of agreement with everything that has happened. Of course, I always do have questions!

    Eventually, you figured the Orne Library, one of the greatest in the country, would have some answers, and while it does, it's not enough to satiate you.
    This is a huge deal. What exactly did Deirdre try to research? Maps and news articles like I suggested? What did she find? I also had a few other ideas related to researching the Emberhead incident:

    1) Try going to a telegraph office and ask about sending a message to Emberhead. Can describe it as a village that was west of Ossipee. Say she believes she left some belongings behind there and wanted to confirm. I suppose either the operator has some clue of what the heck she is talking about or not.

    2) Call up the Ossipee police department and ask if there was a report ever filed about her arrival there. Try to canvas any information she can. And of course, if she absolutely must, a strange question like "Does a place called Emberhead even exist?"

    This is all subject to RP and knowing more information about what my character discovers, though.

    ---

    Does the acting job even pay at all? Deirdre wants it either way. I am just curious asking.

    Also, does Deirdre feel she did a good job and deserved the roll, or do you think she feels it was unfairly handed to her?

    ---

    The diner: sounds normal! How is the boss's attitude and treatment of employees? There's always going to be some bad apples, but are there more rude customers than normal, or less? How does the pay with tips feel? Barely making ends meet? Or does she feel she can afford to not only save up some money but buy some nice things to make her life better?

    ---

    A small apartment sounds about right. I'm sure talking with Mr. Merriweather is always pleasant as well. Does he ever ask about her little burn accident again?

    ---

    Finally, one last question. Where do I jump in from here? Maybe the answer lies with responses to my previous questions... (will there be more time warps? )
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

    Nexus character: Solstice

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WindStruck's Paper Chase OOC

    Ok, so to break these down (and I'll just summarize them so we don't have to make 500 RP posts to get through the interim of one scenario)...

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    This is a huge deal. What exactly did Deirdre try to research? Maps and news articles like I suggested? What did she find?
    Maps and news articles were indeed researched, and the culmination of your findings I was planning on posting next, as she has, so far turned up very little.

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    1) Try going to a telegraph office and ask about sending a message to Emberhead. Can describe it as a village that was west of Ossipee. Say she believes she left some belongings behind there and wanted to confirm. I suppose either the operator has some clue of what the heck she is talking about or not.
    The operator would note that there is no telegram installed that matches her description of that location.

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    2) Call up the Ossipee police department and ask if there was a report ever filed about her arrival there. Try to canvas any information she can. And of course, if she absolutely must, a strange question like "Does a place called Emberhead even exist?"
    Apparently a report was filed, simply regarding your sudden appearance, your treatment, and subsequent travel to Arkham and St. Mary's. As for general information, there isn't really too much that you don't already know, except a note from Dr. Brown noting that his patient is "Lucky to be alive." (of course, you do sort of already know that). As for queries about a place called Emberhead existing, the Police Department is incredibly confused by your question (as Zing rolls some offscreen dice) and doesn't seem to know what you're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    This is all subject to RP and knowing more information about what my character discovers, though.
    Indeed, but again, for the sake of this, I'm fine with doing it this way.

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Does the acting job even pay at all? Deirdre wants it either way. I am just curious asking.
    It does pay, albeit not that much, hence why she also has the waitressing job.

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Also, does Deirdre feel she did a good job and deserved the roll, or do you think she feels it was unfairly handed to her?
    Most certainly, Deirdre, while not really outclassing all of the other actors and actresses, feels like this part was, to a lesser extent made for her (of course it is also important to note that you have a 60% in Acting, equivalent to getting a bachelors in performing arts). Maybe it's just the haunted nature of the role, and seeing things that other people don't seem to notice, or maybe it's just Deirdre being a stereotypical actress.

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    The diner: sounds normal! How is the boss's attitude and treatment of employees? There's always going to be some bad apples, but are there more rude customers than normal, or less? How does the pay with tips feel? Barely making ends meet? Or does she feel she can afford to not only save up some money but buy some nice things to make her life better?
    Concerning the diner it is rather quaint and normal, refreshing to see after everything that's gone on. Jim is a great boss as well as making some of the best hash browns you've had. The customers themselves are for the most part, nice, albeit they do not interact too much as most of them are more concerned with whatever books they've brought to the diner than actual face-to-face human conversations.
    Concerning the pay, is actually rather nice for a college town given the prestigious clientele of Miskatonic. You figure as long as you stick to your job, don't miss too many days of work, over the next couple of months, you could have a pretty decent amount of money saved up!

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    A small apartment sounds about right. I'm sure talking with Mr. Merriweather is always pleasant as well. Does he ever ask about her little burn accident again?
    He wouldn't push it, but if Deirdre were to ever bring it up in conversation, he would most surely be interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Finally, one last question. Where do I jump in from here? Maybe the answer lies with responses to my previous questions... (will there be more time warps? )
    There will be (I believe) one more time warp. Again, generally I skip around a month or so after each scenario (assuming your investigator lives and is sane enough to tell the tale) to allow for downtime and some normalcy to re-enter your investigator's life.

    Feel free to respond as you would to any of my comments and then let me know when you're ready to move ahead.

    I also hope that this is as a whole is ok, I understand that this section sorta just jumps through time, and for some people, that's weird, so let me know if you want for me to slow down or anything like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •