New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

I exist in a state of periodically renewing and ending my Netflix subscription. I typically renew it when I learn of enough good stuff that has come to the streaming service. As of late three things that caught my eye...

-New Rocko's Modern Life special
    -New Invader Zim special
    -New season of Disenchantment coming in September

I'm just wondering what else is coming to Netflix that might be good. As of now my current plan is to just renew my subscription around October 10th. I can watch the previously mentioned stuff as well as binge a bunch of good horror stuff for late October/Halloween, and extend my subscription into November just in case. I'm just wondering if I should wait a little long so I could potentially watch some good stuff in late November, December, or early January.

Basically if anyone wants to mention something good coming a little bit later please do. And since "good" is a subjective term go ahead and list anything you would qualify as "good".

EDIT: Oh yeah! There's also the new Dark Crystal thing that looks good so no need to mention that. And one quick question: Is R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour back on Netflix? I know it was once, then it left. I am curious if it's back, and if so what seasons?
    Last edited by Magic_Hat; 2019-08-25 at 02:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

That depends on what kind of content you're looking for. e.g.: If you like detective shows, maybe the new season of Mindhunter will pique your interest, if you enjoy foreign sci-fi shows, there're new seasons of Dark and The Rain, and so on.

Netflix is understandbly focusing more and more on producing its own content. Unfortunately, most Netflix productions are... Not very good.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2019-08-25 at 03:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    That depends on what kind of content you're looking for.
    Anything really. Just name anything you classify as good and/or would think someone wants to watch.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Wu Assassins has been a great deal of fun, and only recently came out. Sure, it's a bit schlocky in parts but it knows it and has fun with it.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

There's a live action version of King's Avatar just released well I found it a couple of days ago.

Would have preferred to watch the anime version as it feels a bit off putting but I assume that's just me!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The next Season of The Dragon Prince has been given the vague release date of "Late 2019."

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    The next Season of The Dragon Prince has been given the vague release date of "Late 2019."
    Anything more specific than just late 2019? I haven't even seen the first season. Is it good? Good enough for me to delay renewing Netflix?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Anything more specific than just late 2019? I haven't even seen the first season. Is it good? Good enough for me to delay renewing Netflix?
    ...It's hard for me to make a call like that. For the most part I liked it. Even if the quality of the animation in the first season was a stumbling block for me, (in fairness, I should note that it seems like most viewers had less of an issue with it than I did.) That said, the animation looks better in the second season and the series is written by Aaron Ehasz, the former head writer for Avatar the Last Airbender. It also stars Sokka's voice actor if that's a selling point.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    It also stars Sokka's voice actor if that's a selling point.
    Wang Fire?!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I love it. I'm also not a big anime guy, so that may be a really strong or really weak endorsement.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I love it. I'm also not a big anime guy, so that may be a really strong or really weak endorsement.
    I don't know. Maybe I'll wait. Or maybe I'll just renew my membership two times for the rest of 2019. There's other stuff I want to watch and there's only so much that can be crammed into 30 days. Might need to think this over. Any word on the new season of Bojack Horseman or Love Death Robots? I definitely want to catch the new season of those when they debut.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know. Maybe I'll wait. Or maybe I'll just renew my membership two times for the rest of 2019. There's other stuff I want to watch and there's only so much that can be crammed into 30 days. Might need to think this over. Any word on the new season of Bojack Horseman or Love Death Robots? I definitely want to catch the new season of those when they debut.
    Is there a new season of Love Death Robots coming? Cause that would be rad.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Colossus in the Playground

They haven't given any details or release date, but it did well enough that they renewed it.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Is there a new season of Love Death Robots coming? Cause that would be rad.
    According to wikipedia. So interpret that as you'd like.

15. - Top - End - #15

And one quick question: Is R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour back on Netflix? I know it was once, then it left. I am curious if it's back, and if so what seasons?
    Anyone just want to check on this real quick and give me an answer please?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Magic_Hat
    There's also the new Dark Crystal thing that looks good so no need to mention that.
    Just had a solid recommendation for this one in the other thread. Sounds like they did a great job with it.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Witcher is coming out later this year. Unbelievable is a thriller that looks interesting, and The Politician also has potential.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

18. - Top - End - #18

And one quick question: Is R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour back on Netflix? I know it was once, then it left. I am curious if it's back, and if so what seasons?
    Anyone just want to check on this real quick and give me an answer please?
    Anyone? Please?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Not on 'Netflix UK'. But it does differ by region
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    The Witcher is coming out later this year. Unbelievable is a thriller that looks interesting, and The Politician also has potential.
    Much later than that, but they're also developing the Cowboy Bebop and The Last Airbender adapted live-action series.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    Not on 'Netflix UK'. But it does differ by region
    Well thanks. I live in the US (north east to be precise), but I still appreciate the response. Anyone more local to me have any word on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    Much later than that, but they're also developing the Cowboy Bebop and The Last Airbender adapted live-action series.
    Well at least it's not live action Lion King or Lady and the Tramp, which yes, is in development.

22. - Top - End - #22

Well thanks. I live in the US (north east to be precise), but I still appreciate the response. Anyone more local to me have any word on this?
    Looks like no. Netflix gives "Titles related to: R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour" instead.

It's got Goosebumps...
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-08-31 at 04:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Looks like no. Netflix gives "Titles related to: R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour" instead.

It's got Goosebumps...
    Now I'm sad! I wanna watch the Haunting Hour! It's so cheesy I love it! It's just Goosebumps but with a slightly bigger budget. So cheesy!

24. - Top - End - #24

Now I'm sad! I wanna watch the Haunting Hour! It's so cheesy I love it! It's just Goosebumps but with a slightly bigger budget. So cheesy!
    There were several other R. L. Stein things on there, which looked bigger budget. Can't remember what they were called.

25. - Top - End - #25

There were several other R. L. Stein things on there, which looked bigger budget. Can't remember what they were called.
    I think I already saw those one of the previous times I had an active Netflix account, but thanks anyway.

Is Parks and Rec still on? I ask because I might want to marathon it if only to find out which episode this is from:

Just give me all the R.L. Stine's the Haunting Hour episodes you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was 'Give me a lot of R.L. Stine's the Haunting Hour.' What I said was 'Give me ALL the R.L. Stine's the Haunting Hour episodes you have.' Do you understand?"

26. - Top - End - #26

Is Parks and Rec still on? I ask because I might want to marathon it if only to find out which episode this is from:

IIRC, it is. I'm not much of a fan, especially of Ron. Entertaining to watch but dang was he a colossal hypocrite.

27. - Top - End - #27

IIRC, it is. I'm not much of a fan, especially of Ron. Entertaining to watch but dang was he a colossal hypocrite.
    Funny, I feel that way about Chris Pratt's character.

28. - Top - End - #28

The thing about Parks and Recreation, which is still on, is that when it starts, they are all terrible people. As the series goes on, they all gradually learn to be better, and that's what makes it great (we're not going to talk about the very last episode, which invalidates all of Andy's growth and makes him awful once again). On that note, the Good Place (s3 just got added to netflix), done by the same creator, is specifically and explicitly about that growth, and is one of my favorite things on right now.

Other things, well, netflix animation is fantastic these days. I love Aggretsuko, She-Ra, Trollhunters/3 Below, Castlevania, haven't started Dragon Prince yet, looking forward to more Disenchanted and Bojack. I really liked Kiss Me First, but I don't hear many folks talking about it, so I might be in the minority there. Stranger Things keeps getting better (though this season had an example of both 80s fetishism being used for great setting details (the MLP bit) and for terrible nostalgia pandering (the New Coke bit)).

Zim is worth it, of course, and Dark Crystal is wonderful. Rocko was a little disappointing though.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by JoshL View Post
    The thing about Parks and Recreation, which is still on, is that when it starts, they are all terrible people. As the series goes on, they all gradually learn to be better, and that's what makes it great (we're not going to talk about the very last episode, which invalidates all of Andy's growth and makes him awful once again). On that note, the Good Place (s3 just got added to netflix), done by the same creator, is specifically and explicitly about that growth, and is one of my favorite things on right now.

Other things, well, netflix animation is fantastic these days. I love Aggretsuko, She-Ra, Trollhunters/3 Below, Castlevania, haven't started Dragon Prince yet, looking forward to more Disenchanted and Bojack. I really liked Kiss Me First, but I don't hear many folks talking about it, so I might be in the minority there. Stranger Things keeps getting better (though this season had an example of both 80s fetishism being used for great setting details (the MLP bit) and for terrible nostalgia pandering (the New Coke bit)).

Zim is worth it, of course, and Dark Crystal is wonderful. Rocko was a little disappointing though.
    You didn't like Johnny Karate?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

30. - Top - End - #30

I liked Johnny Karate. I didn't like him pressuring April into having kids. That was a S1 Andy move.