New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Default A silver dragon from Krynn enters the Marvel Universe

Lets say its a female silver dragon named "Silvia" from Krynn about adult in age, she can take on human form and has silver hair. What kind of superhero would she be? She doesjn't know how she got here, she was fighting some bad guys along with a wizard and something went wrong and she ended up on the streets of New York City.

For reference here are the properties of silver dragons.
    https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/3e_SRD:Silver_Dragon
    Adult silver dragons in their natural form is huge, which is two size categories above medium. Medium is 4 feet to 7 feet 11 inches in height, Large is 8 feet to 15 feet 11 inches in height, and Huge is 16 feet to 31 feet 11 inches, to give you an idea of how big these creatures are In New York City, I guess measuring its length it would be 16 to 20 feet long, the tail adds another 10 feet in length, at the shoulder she is about 8 feet tall.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A silver dragon from Krynn enters the Marvel Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    Lets say its a female silver dragon named "Silvia" from Krynn about adult in age, she can take on human form and has silver hair. What kind of superhero would she be? She doesjn't know how she got here, she was fighting some bad guys along with a wizard and something went wrong and she ended up on the streets of New York City.

For reference here are the properties of silver dragons.
    https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/3e_SRD:Silver_Dragon
    Adult silver dragons in their natural form is huge, which is two size categories above medium. Medium is 4 feet to 7 feet 11 inches in height, Large is 8 feet to 15 feet 11 inches in height, and Huge is 16 feet to 31 feet 11 inches, to give you an idea of how big these creatures are In New York City, I guess measuring its length it would be 16 to 20 feet long, the tail adds another 10 feet in length, at the shoulder she is about 8 feet tall.
    Well despite being beautiful, kind, and a powerful force for good she still had to deal with being rejected by the person she loved for being a monster. So clearly she'd be an X-men.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well despite being beautiful, kind, and a powerful force for good she still had to deal with being rejected by the person she loved for being a monster. So clearly she'd be an X-men.
    Hah!

Silver dragons are Lawful Good. I think Silva would try and find who the local good guys are and approach them probably the X-Men or the Avengers (I'm more familiar with the films than actual comics.) Now she is completely new here so she could be manipulated if supervillains find her first but silvers aren't dumb so she'd probably exercise a bit of caution.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Lockheed gets laid?

I'm not sorry.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RossN View Post
    Hah!

Silver dragons are Lawful Good. I think Silva would try and find who the local good guys are and approach them probably the X-Men or the Avengers (I'm more familiar with the films than actual comics.) Now she is completely new here so she could be manipulated if supervillains find her first but silvers aren't dumb so she'd probably exercise a bit of caution.
    She probably worked with the Knights of Solomnia, she may be a little old fashioned and out of place. I think she could get a job as an English teacher at Peter Parker's high school, that would be a great way to introduce her. She like medeaval literature and Shakespere. That is her day job anyway. Manhattan is a little cramped for her, those concrete canyons don't allow much room for flying.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Options:
    A)She seeks the help of local benign spellcasters about her plane shifting predicament... which probably means Dr Strange et al in New York.

B) She tries to stay under the radar and go on a fact-finding mission, travelling the world while doing so and acting in a generally heroic way where a lawful good person would see fit to do so; triggering the usual interactions with local hero/villain groups, despite her attempts to keep these to a minimum. Possibly her shapeshifting causes some people to falsely ID her as a Skrull etc

C) She joins one or another hero group. She's pretty low-powered by Marvel standards... besides the already mentioned options, she could fit in with Heroes for Hire, especially as they might remind her of adventirers from her world and I don't think they have any spellcasters of their own or aerial transport beyond what they hire/purchase. Cue mistrust over Iron Fist getting his power from the heart of a dragon, assorted tussels with team members etc.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I figure it's only a matter of time until said dragon becomes known as something like Silverwing, a superhero magician with a particularly neat trick of turning into a massive silver dragon that breathes ice. Which in the Marvel universe is probably a solid C list superhero or so.
    Last edited by Knaight; 2019-09-12 at 03:45 AM.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    I figure it's only a matter of time until said dragon becomes known as something like Silverwing, a superhero magician with a particularly neat trick of turning into a massive silver dragon that breathes ice. Which in the Marvel universe is probably a solid C list superhero or so.
    I would make her scales bulletproof, and silver is a very good electrical conductor, so if she gets hit by lightning, it just gets conducted around her. She also has some reptile like features, she can hold her breath a very long time and thus can hide under water. She can cast spells, and she has a fear aura. In human form, she appears as a young woman in her twenties with silver hair, not gray, silver and it has a metallic sheen. Silvia's touch feels cool and dry, and has never been known to sweat.. Silvia is also as strong and tough (read hit points) as a dragon while in human form.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Spamalot in the Playground

An adult dragon of any breed would be a fine mid-tier superhero/supervillain. Outside of, say, Daredevil's paygrade, but you don't really need to call Reed or Strange either. Iron Man or Hulk could probably deal with it solo if there was a problem, or would make a decent boss for a low-tier team like the Defenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    An adult dragon of any breed would be a fine mid-tier superhero/supervillain. Outside of, say, Daredevil's paygrade, but you don't really need to call Reed or Strange either. Iron Man or Hulk could probably deal with it solo if there was a problem, or would make a decent boss for a low-tier team like the Defenders.
    You mean of course compared with someone like Captain Marvel. In the Movie Ragnarok, Thor was on the run from a dragon that ended up getting its head chopped off by the Bifrost bridge, as you recall Thor was running from that dragon, I think Silvia would be just a bit smarter than that dragon, Silvia can cast spells change form, and talk, which the dragon in Ragnarok showed no signs of doing, it was just a beast. Breathing cold instead of fire would certainly help Silvia from inadvertently setting buildings on fire when she fights the bad guys, her frost breath, might cause pipes to burst however and cause flooding, so she needs to watch where she uses her breath weapon.

So what would you say, would Silvia be on the level with Captain America, or the Hulk, or perhaps Iron Man?
    Last edited by Tom Kalbfus; 2019-09-12 at 10:12 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Breathing cold instead of fire would certainly help Silvia from inadvertently setting buildings on fire when she fights the bad guys, her frost breath, might cause pipes to burst however and cause flooding, so she needs to watch where she uses her breath weapon.
    Silver dragons also have a second breath weapon where they breathe a paralyzing gas, so she could use that when fighting in places where she needs to minimize collateral damage.

12. - Top - End - #12

Flumph

So what would you say, would Silvia be on the level with Captain America, or the Hulk, or perhaps Iron Man?

Somewhere between Iron Man and Hulk, but that's a really wide gap in the comics and an Adult dragon is closer to the lower (Iron Man) end of it.

An Adult dragon would be able to roll with the heavy hitters of the Avengers but not the top tier of "doesn't get out of bed for less than Cthulhu" like Strange or a more-than-mildly-irritated Hulk (They didn't call him the Worldbreaker for nothing).

Older dragons that picked up more caster levels would move up the tier list precipitously though.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Lockheed gets laid?

I'm not sorry.
    My first thought on reading this.

But, ok, Adult silver dragon.

Using 2e numbers (I have those handy), you're going to have someone who can change into any form, breath deadly frost (12d10+6 damage, when humans top out at 9d10+36 HP), some wizard magic (2/2/1), magic resistance, incredible toughness (AC-5, or 25 for you whippersnappers), and the ability to Feather Fall 2/day, Wall of Fog 1/day, and Control Winds 3/day (make them a Mature Adult, and it gets even scarier, and can control the weather). They cal also walk on cloud, which is neat and weird.

Such a character would likely get approached by SHIELD or the Avengers, and probably, learning about their story, get referred to whoever the Sorcerer Supreme is these days as "weird magical person who isn't that bad." Being LG, they'd likely go along with it until there was a moral issue with doing so, and, being a protagonist, also likely get into all sorts of understandable situations.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

14. - Top - End - #14

Flumph

I'm just waiting for the inevitable throwdown with Fin Fang Foom at this point tho.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I'm just waiting for the inevitable throwdown with Fin Fang Foom at this point tho.
    "Fin Fang Foom put you in his pants."
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Fin Fang Foom can grow up to 250ft tall, which I'd guess is Colossal+, but on the other hand doesn't have any spellcasting and is quite easily outwitted.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Hulk vs. a Silvia could be a good fight. It's easy for hulk to appear a a bad guy, so Silvia could have a good few rounds of trying to avoid property damage and draw this crazed "half-orc barbarian" away from populated areas. Fight probably ends anticlimactically with a Calm Emotions spell.

The Forgotten Realms wiki at least describes silvers as tending toward the protector role rather than actively seeking out evil to fight. That fits for a city or neighbourhood scale superhero. Like Batman, but shinier.

Why is it always New York though? Something with a few more nearby mountains might suit a dragon better. Portland for example has two different choices for a volcano lair.
    Last edited by Excession; 2019-09-12 at 07:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

So this is an Adult Silver Dragon rebuilt

22 HD so 7 Feats plus 1 Epic Feat
    4 of the Feats are Spell Mastery, Uncanny Forethought, Practiced Spellcaster
    Lets also add True Believer, Craft Wondrous Item and Sanctify Relic. [The why will soon make sense.] So that leaves 1 additional feat plus 1 epic feat if we are not using flaws. [And all dragons should have flaws for flavor and mechanics perspective, being a dragon is being a being full of flaws.]

Spellhoarding Template (Dragon 313 page 79) makes the Adult Silver Dragon be a wizard caster of 7 levels instead of sorcerer spell caster. No challenge rating is changed by this template. The dragon also has Eschew Materials and Scribe Scroll as bonus feats, a boost of +2 Int and -4 Wis, and lastly it can cast spells as scrolls that are made part of its body instead of using a spellbook [it can still technically use a spellbook but it likes to craft tattoos / dragon runes on its body for spell knowledge instead.]

Loredrake Sovereign Archetype Template (Dragons of Eberron page 31) makes the Adult Silver Dragon have 2 spell levels higher than normal at the expense of making his hitdice d10s instead of d12.

-----

• Together those things make the 22 HD dragon cast as a 9th level wizard with a 13th level caster level.
    • Uncanny Forethought with an INT of 22 before items makes the dragon be able to spontaneously cast as full round actions [6 seconds] any spell she knows at a caster level of 11, or she can do a standard action spell at caster level 13 if its one of the 6 spells that Spell Mastery Grants.
    • True Believer, Sanctify Relic, and Craft Wondrous Item means the Dragon has a Tome of Ancient Lore which has all the arcane spells in the universe and the Dragon can use the Tome of Ancient Lore to find any 4th level spell with 100% accuracy and 50% accuracy with a 5th level spell.
    • The Adult Silver Dragon (22 HD) knows all 4th level Wizard spells and the vast majority of 5th level Wizard spells. This is due to his Spellhoarding nature the dragon is constantly spending a few hours a day researching and has copied down those spells outside the Tome of Ancient Lore into his extra Spellbooks and his Dragon Runes on his body. Technically if the dragon has enough time and the dragon will do this you can always look up the spell again on the next day resetting the Tome of Ancient Lore 50% chance of successfully finding the 5th level spell.

-----

Flavor wise this character is a mixture of constantly on the go trying to learn the arcane secrets of the Marvel Universe, while at the same time feeling familiar with New York City for 80% of adventures are NYC adjacent. Lore wise she is similar to Lawful Good version of Netflix's Dracula the Wanderer, except Odin of Myth probably makes more sense, where she wanders the world to understand the world.

At the same time the Adult Silver Dragon craves community and thus she has a localized base in NYC. The Dragon is lonely when she spends too much time alone, but does not feel all on his own when she is around humans from time to time. She does not go out doing good every night but if asked she will gladly always help. Silver Dragons are communal creatures and they need their clans / community to thrive and thus there is a natural willingness for social reciprocity.

Said Silver Dragon Silva knows Dr. Stranger for as soon as she was planeshifted to the Marvel Universe and she started doing magic things Stephen Strange tracked him down to better understand him and his intentions. A caster level of 13 with 5th level spells known makes the Silver Dragon Adult a fearsome magic user in the Marvel Universe but not on the scale of characters like Stephen Strange.

Furthermore she is a 22 HD character and thus has a BAB of 22, and does 6 natural attacks if in Dragon Form by themselves or can do Full BAB wielding a weapon while using the 6 natural attacks as secondary natural attack (though she may lose something like the bite or claw attack to wield a weapon.) Likewise in human form with a BAB of 22 even with non-familiar weapons she is a talent for lack of weapon proficiency is a -4 but with the BAB of 22 that is still +18 to attack. So a gish in effect. She still has 1 normal feat, 1 epic feat, and possibly 2 flaw feats so maybe something to do with gishing such as Arcane Strike, and or Rapid Strike.

I would see said character Silvia being a seeker not just of knowledge but especially things that are lost and forgotten, with her focus on bring them back to living memory. I expect her to take on a younger generation hero as a den mother (supporter, protector, mentor) even if she does not reveal her origins to the next generations of human hero and/or mutant.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Hulk vs. a Silvia could be a good fight. It's easy for hulk to appear a a bad guy, so Silvia could have a good few rounds of trying to avoid property damage and draw this crazed "half-orc barbarian" away from populated areas. Fight probably ends anticlimactically with a Calm Emotions spell.

The Forgotten Realms wiki at least describes silvers as tending toward the protector role rather than actively seeking out evil to fight. That fits for a city or neighbourhood scale superhero. Like Batman, but shinier.

Why is it always New York though? Something with a few more nearby mountains might suit a dragon better. Portland for example has two different choices for a volcano lair.
    Most of the Marvel characters are in New York, so its a logical choice, and New York has some moutains, the Hudson Highlands, the Palisades, the Catskills, and further up north are the Adirodacks, there are caves, I've been in a few. They aren't as tall as the Cascades or the Rockies, but they don't need to be.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    So this is an Adult Silver Dragon rebuilt

22 HD so 7 Feats plus 1 Epic Feat
    4 of the Feats are Spell Mastery, Uncanny Forethought, Practiced Spellcaster
    Lets also add True Believer, Craft Wondrous Item and Sanctify Relic. [The why will soon make sense.] So that leaves 1 additional feat plus 1 epic feat if we are not using flaws. [And all dragons should have flaws for flavor and mechanics perspective, being a dragon is being a being full of flaws.]

Spellhoarding Template (Dragon 313 page 79) makes the Adult Silver Dragon be a wizard caster of 7 levels instead of sorcerer spell caster. No challenge rating is changed by this template. The dragon also has Eschew Materials and Scribe Scroll as bonus feats, a boost of +2 Int and -4 Wis, and lastly it can cast spells as scrolls that are made part of its body instead of using a spellbook [it can still technically use a spellbook but it likes to craft tattoos / dragon runes on its body for spell knowledge instead.]

Loredrake Sovereign Archetype Template (Dragons of Eberron page 31) makes the Adult Silver Dragon have 2 spell levels higher than normal at the expense of making his hitdice d10s instead of d12.

-----

• Together those things make the 22 HD dragon cast as a 9th level wizard with a 13th level caster level.
    • Uncanny Forethought with an INT of 22 before items makes the dragon be able to spontaneously cast as full round actions [6 seconds] any spell she knows at a caster level of 11, or she can do a standard action spell at caster level 13 if its one of the 6 spells that Spell Mastery Grants.
    • True Believer, Sanctify Relic, and Craft Wondrous Item means the Dragon has a Tome of Ancient Lore which has all the arcane spells in the universe and the Dragon can use the Tome of Ancient Lore to find any 4th level spell with 100% accuracy and 50% accuracy with a 5th level spell.
    • The Adult Silver Dragon (22 HD) knows all 4th level Wizard spells and the vast majority of 5th level Wizard spells. This is due to his Spellhoarding nature the dragon is constantly spending a few hours a day researching and has copied down those spells outside the Tome of Ancient Lore into his extra Spellbooks and his Dragon Runes on his body. Technically if the dragon has enough time and the dragon will do this you can always look up the spell again on the next day resetting the Tome of Ancient Lore 50% chance of successfully finding the 5th level spell.

-----

Flavor wise this character is a mixture of constantly on the go trying to learn the arcane secrets of the Marvel Universe, while at the same time feeling familiar with New York City for 80% of adventures are NYC adjacent. Lore wise she is similar to Lawful Good version of Netflix's Dracula the Wanderer, except Odin of Myth probably makes more sense, where she wanders the world to understand the world.

At the same time the Adult Silver Dragon craves community and thus she has a localized base in NYC. The Dragon is lonely when she spends too much time alone, but does not feel all on his own when she is around humans from time to time. She does not go out doing good every night but if asked she will gladly always help. Silver Dragons are communal creatures and they need their clans / community to thrive and thus there is a natural willingness for social reciprocity.

Said Silver Dragon Silva knows Dr. Stranger for as soon as she was planeshifted to the Marvel Universe and she started doing magic things Stephen Strange tracked him down to better understand him and his intentions. A caster level of 13 with 5th level spells known makes the Silver Dragon Adult a fearsome magic user in the Marvel Universe but not on the scale of characters like Stephen Strange.

Furthermore she is a 22 HD character and thus has a BAB of 22, and does 6 natural attacks if in Dragon Form by themselves or can do Full BAB wielding a weapon while using the 6 natural attacks as secondary natural attack (though she may lose something like the bite or claw attack to wield a weapon.) Likewise in human form with a BAB of 22 even with non-familiar weapons she is a talent for lack of weapon proficiency is a -4 but with the BAB of 22 that is still +18 to attack. So a gish in effect. She still has 1 normal feat, 1 epic feat, and possibly 2 flaw feats so maybe something to do with gishing such as Arcane Strike, and or Rapid Strike.

I would see said character Silvia being a seeker not just of knowledge but especially things that are lost and forgotten, with her focus on bring them back to living memory. I expect her to take on a younger generation hero as a den mother (supporter, protector, mentor) even if she does not reveal her origins to the next generations of human hero and/or mutant.
    I would say an English teacher would be a good day job for her then, she could ha e Peter Parker as on of her students, she has been here for a few years. With an intelligence of 22, she could learn English rather quickly and be an English teacher. Students might notice something a little odd about her, her style of dress is concervative, she likes to wear long dresses and listens to classical music, her classroom is decorated with medeaval weapons, they have sharpened edges, some are magic weapons, she has collected some treasure, over the summer she goes on archeological expeditions and collects this treasure.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

What if Silvia met Doctor Strange? She can probably team up with him and become her ally.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

I would say an English teacher would be a good day job for her then, she could have Peter Parker as one of her students, she has been here for a few years. With an intelligence of 22, she could learn English rather quickly and be an English teacher. Students might notice something a little odd about her, her style of dress is conservative, she likes to wear long dresses and listens to classical music, her classroom is decorated with medieval weapons, they have sharpened edges, some are magic weapons, she has collected some treasure, over the summer she goes on archeological expeditions and collects this treasure.
    Laughs, I can totally see that, both flavor wise and mechanical.

Mechanically one with low level spells let alone 5th level magic can easily forge the documents needs to be a teacher, charm your way through the job interview etc.

Being an English / Literature Teacher would be super simple for a Wizard Dragon. For example Scholar Touch (Wizard 1) allows you to read a book in 6 seconds merely by touching it. You absorb the book as if you just read it, and at Caster Level 13 you can read 13 books in 78 seconds. Now a DC 15 Autohypnosis skill allows you to memorize 800 words for each DC 15 Autohypnosis check you make. 9 Ranks in Autohypnosis (you have 300 Skill Points total with the 22 Dragon HD giving 6+Int) plus a Wis of 20 giving you a +5 modifier plus a guaranteed 1 in the skill roll and you can easily make that DC 15. This is childs play and stuff the Adult Silver Dragon would be doing anyway in its home setting, let alone if it suddenly appeared in a different realm and thus feel the need to respec and reintegrate with a new reality.

So yeah a High School teacher to teenage Peter Parker if we are doing a 1960s Marvels comic would total work [or the MCU, or the Ultimates, or the dozens of other versions of Peter.]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    What if Silvia met Doctor Strange? She can probably team up with him and become her ally.
    Silver's don't have quite the same reputation for arrogance as gold's, but I imagine there would still be some intense discussions over who is the sidekick in that pairing.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Silver's don't have quite the same reputation for arrogance as gold's, but I imagine there would still be some intense discussions over who is the sidekick in that pairing.
    Ok. I understand but they can still work together though.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

They would become a B tier hero for a while, have their book cancelled due to poor sales resulting from poor marketing, show up a few times in other books, be mistakenly refered to as a human wizard that can turn into a dragon (not the other way around) at least once, secretly turn out to be evil, secretly turn out to be from the future, secretly turn out to be Dr Strange in disguise, get forgotten about, get used as a cheap death to prove something is dangerous, get revived for a one shot by a nostalgic writer, get popular with a niche croud and start showing up in the background a lot before getting another prematurely cancelled series.

You know, unless something unusual happens.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

PaladinGuy

Doctor Strange doesn't need a Dragon. I assume if the Dragon wanted to go back home she would have. Doctor Strange could send her back easily enough. But what if she wanted to be here? fighting chromatic dragons the evil minions of Takisis gets old after a while, maybe she wants to take on new challenges here? If she is living in Queens, she might want to use a warehouse as a lair. Dragons like to horde treasure, so what could she do to accumulate treasure? She could become a bounty hunter for one, collect the rewards for all the criminals she apprehends and then buy gold and silver coins with the rewards and scatter them all over the floor of her lair. She could also do some treasure hunting. Being a dragon, she can put herself into more dangerous situations than most people, so she can slowly accumulate treasure for the warehouse she uses as a lair.

One question is how well will she fit into the 21st century? She might have some old fashioned notions about honor and chivalry. What would she do if she sees a couple of students fighting in school? She might analyze the situation to see who is in the right and who is in the wrong, and maybe give some lessons to some kid who was beaten up on how to properly fight and stand up to bullies, she might get into a bit of trouble for that. if anyone threatens her, watch out! Sometimes she might want to take a stroll in some bad neighborhoods and see what's going on, she might decide to use some of her treasure as bait as well, if someone tries to rob her, watch out! She might want to use some of her spell slots so she can fly above the buildings before she turns into a dragon and wings her way over to some trouble spot.

27. - Top - End - #27

Flumph

Sometimes she might want to take a stroll in some bad neighborhoods and see what's going on, she might decide to use some of her treasure as bait as well, if someone tries to rob her, watch out!
    That’s usually Danny Rand’s schtick.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfool View Post
    Fin Fang Foom can grow up to 250ft tall, which I'd guess is Colossal+, but on the other hand doesn't have any spellcasting and is quite easily outwitted.
    2E Adult Silver dragons could have body lengths (and wingspans) of 63-74 feet, with an additional tail length of 27-32 feet. Nose-to-tail that's 90-106 feet (27.4 - 32.3 m). SIlver Great Wyrms could be up to 215 feet (65.5 m) long.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    They would become a B tier hero for a while, have their book cancelled due to poor sales resulting from poor marketing, show up a few times in other books, be mistakenly refered to as a human wizard that can turn into a dragon (not the other way around) at least once, secretly turn out to be evil, secretly turn out to be from the future, secretly turn out to be Dr Strange in disguise, get forgotten about, get used as a cheap death to prove something is dangerous, get revived for a one shot by a nostalgic writer, get popular with a niche croud and start showing up in the background a lot before getting another prematurely cancelled series.

You know, unless something unusual happens.
    So much this yes!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Silva isn't just a generic Silver Dragon, she's a specific one from the Dragonlance books. So we get some idea about her personality. Not much, because she's a minor character who mostly shows up to fall in love with a different minor character and to generate drama about her secretly being a dragon, but whatever.

Anyways, in the story she went undercover as an 'indentured servant' to the elves in order to try and help the wild elves they were enslaving as well as to help prevent a civil war between the main two factions of elves. She also worked as a healer.

She then later goes on an inflitration mission to try and save the metallic dragon eggs that were being held hostage, only to find out that they were in fact being used to create Draconians in an evil magic ritual.

Point is, she's subtle, and she doesn't care too much about honor or chivalry. I mean, strictly speaking, she was violating an oath of noninterference the whole time. She might very well pretend to be a person who can turn into a dragon, rather then the opposite. She's also religious (dragons in Dragonlance tend to be, as they often directly talk to their gods and typically are their go-to agents in reality.) so she might claim her 'powers' are granted from Paladine.

But I maintain she'd end up as an X-Men. I like the idea of her being a teacher, and she'd likely do really well as one. But I don't think she'd be old fashioned as much as odd. I feel like she'd be much more of a 'new age' spiritualist kind of person rather than old courtly lady sort of thing. Her main guise is a elf barbarian basically. I could see her teaching classes on Religion, Cooking, and Arts.

I could also really really see her working as an elementary teacher, either for mutants or for any sort of oppressed or poor group. A Silver Dragon, teaching children to be better while fiercely protecting them from any who would harm them.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.