New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Was there a Temple of Elemental Evil adventure between "Return..." and 5e?

Was there a Temple of Elemental Evil adventure in D&D 4e?

I know there were 2e, 3e, and 5e adventures following the Cult of Elemental Evil (as well as a 3e conversion of the 2e adventure), and from what I've been able to gather the 5e adventure seems to be significantly off the rails from what happened in Temple of Elemental Evil and Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Is there an adventure I've missed that ties all of it together?
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Was there a Temple of Elemental Evil adventure between "Return..." and 5e?

From this site here regarding the Return, it does not look like there was any 4e release, only stuff in Dragon 425. From a quick google, it looks like a release was rumoured, teased at, and speculated upon, but never actually materialized.

Edit: There was also some discussion regarding it in the MM3, in the bios of Elemental Princes Imix and Ogremoch (as well as scattered in other places). But, nothing whole.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2019-09-15 at 11:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Was there a Temple of Elemental Evil adventure between "Return..." and 5e?

IIRC, just a quibble, but the original temple of elemental evil adventure series was 1e.
    ~ Composer99

D&D 5e Campaign:
    Adventures in Eaphandra

D&D 5e Homebrew:
    This can be found in my extended homebrew signature!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

5e's Elemental Evil AP takes place in a completely different setting and is not in any way a direct follow-on from the first two adventures. It's a reboot of the same basic idea, not any kind of sequel.