Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default ACExtravaganza's and Useless Blob's The Haunting OOC

Greetings ACExtravaganza and UselessBlob, and welcome back to the world of Call of Cthulhu, a world of horror, mystery, and wonder. Here you both shall take on the roles of an intrepid Investigators of the Unknown (or Investigator for short), while I shall be the Keeper of Arcane Lore (or the Keeper).

Now that you've understood the freeform investigating aspects of the game, having played the first starter set adventure. Prepare to journey onto your first cooperative scenario -- The Haunting! This is a mystery set in 1921 where you both shall be present. I may very rarely make small notes at the bottom of my posts, but these will most likely be just requests for rolls or clarifications of what exactly you're doing!

Anyway, without further ado, grab a blanket, tuck yourself in, eat some yummy snacks, and join the In-Character!
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-29 at 08:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: ACExtravaganza's and WindStruck's The Haunting OOC

Hello, nice to meet you ACE! Do try to keep up!

Bwahaha, I kid, I kid...

But I do hope this game is about as fast as the other ones I had with zingbobco... Well, considering that you finished Paper Chase and Alone Against the Flames before me, my hopes are high!

EDIT: I have my own edit. Perhaps I won't be joining this game? Sorry to disappoint.

Stay tuned!
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-09-17 at 01:07 AM.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

Nexus character: Solstice

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ok... now I've gotta write out the progression of time for a month of you. Is it ok if I do a time skip again? Now that both of you have settled into things with your respective lives in Arkham?

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, let's take this piece by piece.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-16 at 11:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm sorry to hear you might not be able to play, windstruck.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

It's not exactly that I will be "unable" to play.

It's just... a slight possibility of continuing on solo may be possible. And I can't help but think maybe it would be better that way?

Have you seen my game threads? What do you think about all the decisions I've made, the way I RP, and my posts in general?
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Those questions make me feel like you have a problem with how I reacted and responded to such things. Am I off the mark?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I wouldn't say I have a problem with it either, especially considering it's your own solo game and all. But it makes me think a lot of times I'd want to choose to go down an avenue you aren't interested in, for instance...

I was just thinking maybe you and Useless Blob might be a better fit.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I think I responded, and I hope that makes sense. If you want to continue WindStruck, you may.

Also ACExtravaganza, it's not so much that WindStruck disagrees with your choices as Deirdre (WindStruck's character) made different (debatably less optimal) ones and isn't sure how exactly they'd line up with you (which tbh is kinda what I wanted in a game, a little bit of conflict). So it's not at all a problem with you.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-17 at 10:52 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

I don't really know what to say at this point, other than I guess I'll have to wait for the next person to be done. Have fun in your own game, WindStruck!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I'm really sorry...

I didn't mean any offense.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

No offense taken.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

For the record, I just wanted to apologize that this is taking so long. It seems you were just too adept at finishing the first two scenarios
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-29 at 04:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: ACExtravaganza's and Useless Blob's The Haunting OOC

Wassup peeps?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh, we're still using this OOC? Okay. Hello Useless Blob!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

It's the link zingbob gave me, so, I guess? Be warned before we start, I have terrible luck. The most likely time I am to succeed is during the skill-increase rolls.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

We are still using this OOC. I'll actually have the first IC post up in a bit, I just need to do some work on changing it, as well as respond to other people's ICs. Hopefull y'all are online when it goes live (albeit the first part shall be done mostly in spoilers, so reminder to also respond in spoilers too)!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Speaking of which, the IC is now available (remember to spoiler post)!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

lol I actually got notifications when this thread was posted in again. I should remove those subcriptions...

Good luck, you two! Don't die!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Don't censor anything on my part zingbob. While ugly, racism is a major part of America's past and it shouldn't be glossed over.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

For UselessBlob, since you're done with the first part, and you may answer in a spoiler if you think that such an answer should be private (up to you, personally, I'd answer privately, but I enjoy showing instead of telling with my fellow players [again, completely personal preference, utterly up to you]), can you please answer the following question for me: Where did Evan come from? We've established that he was born in Providence, RI, but has he stayed there for his entire childhood? Consider Evan's initial roots, before he was a teenager. These times are what shaped him the most. Who were Evan's parents? Where else did Evan live other than Plymouth, NH? What was Evan's family’s economic and social status? We know that Evan went to Harvard, so that gives us some information, but what else? How was Evan educated? What were the three most important lessons Evan learned?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

I think you may have misread something based on the response in the spoiler, just double-checking.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ACExtravaganza View Post
    I think you may have misread something based on the response in the spoiler, just double-checking.
    Oh no! I did, whoops! Editing now.

EDIT: Done, my apologies...
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-10-02 at 12:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Evan Grant's past
    Show
    Evan Robert Grant was born to Melissa Grant, a coal industry heiress from England, and Thomas Grant, American captain of a steamship owned by her fathers company. Her father disapproved of their marriage and refused to support them financially, meaning that Mr. Grant had to stay at sea for long periods just to support his family. Evan grew up as a member of the upper-middle class, never wanting for material goods, but missing his father much of the time. He didn't actively begrudge his father for being gone, though, since Thomas had taught him one of the most valuable lessons of his life: sacrifices made to support one's family are the most noble. Lack of a stable father figure, however, lead to frequent misbehavior at school.
    Evan was juggled between public and private schools for much of his early education, made to withdraw rather than explicitly being expelled due to his mother's considerable influence among local women's groups. Another one of Evan's life lessons came after he had shoved a hemophiliac girl to the ground for some childish reason or another. The scrapes from the fall wouldn't stop bleeding, and there was a possibility that she could have died. After that incident, he slowly started to realize that other people have less than ideal circumstances too, and he had no right to hurt people just because he was unhappy.
    It also awakened his interest in biology. Evan had always been intelligent, but with something to focus on he quickly became an excellent student. He eventually earned himself a full ride to Harvard Medical School, where he stuck it out for almost a decade of grueling competition. The lesson to come out of that was less about morality, but no less significant: determination won't always get you what you want, but it sure as hell helps.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I love it! Sounds good! Now, for the next question...
    When did Evan grow up? Everyone begins taking responsability for their own lives at different times and in different ways. Describe the events related to when Evan started taking care of himself.

Spoiler: Concerning the Past
    Show
    Yes, I know that his father wasn't around very much, and while that would certainly hasten one's development, it doesn't mean that he would suddenly become mature, it's entirely dependent on a variety of factors... which are for you to figure out.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

I think that last one was supposed to be for Felix, not Evan.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by UselessBlob View Post
    I think that last one was supposed to be for Felix, not Evan.
    Arghhhh... sorry y'all. I got your characters switched up for a moment there.
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-10-03 at 01:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well hey! We're done with the solo part. Also, ACE you can begin answering the questions that I've been posting as well.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also, can you both please post your general availability so that way I know what times streams of post would work in the SEU forum?
    Something along the lines of: "I'm generally available M-F from 12-3 and 7-10, I'm not always available on weekends, but if I am it will be sporadic and not any particular time."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

I should be free most days at most times, the only problem is my schedule is pretty erratic so I can't really give more specifics than that unfortunately.

Felix lived in Plymouth, NH his whole life. Felix's parents were quite loving, supporting him when he wanted to pursue higher education. His family was well off enough to put him through college (just a state school, nothing prestigious) but not particularly affluent. The three most important lessons Felix ever learned would be that most people are good people if you give them a chance, almost no one is actually stupid (just ignorant), and everyone deserves the just as much a chance as anyone else. Felix is a very progressive person for the time and place he grew up.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ACExtravaganza View Post
    Felix lived in Plymouth, NH his whole life. Felix's parents were quite loving, supporting him when he wanted to pursue higher education. His family was well off enough to put him through college (just a state school, nothing prestigious) but not particularly affluent. The three most important lessons Felix ever learned would be that most people are good people if you give them a chance, almost no one is actually stupid (just ignorant), and everyone deserves the just as much a chance as anyone else. Felix is a very progressive person for the time and place he grew up.
    Oh, sorry, initially I believe as written you begin in Providence RI, and moved up to Plymouth. This can easily be changed though, so would you rather have been born in Plymouth instead? Other than that, what did his parents do? How did they come to be well-off? Nevertheless otherwise this looks great, and you can probably answer the next question now (again, spoiler if you want to, but it's not required). I did write it out for Blob, but I might as well repeat it.

When did Felix grow up? Everyone begins taking responsibility for their own lives at different times and in different ways. Describe the events related to when Felix started taking care of himself.