New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Nintendo Switch-Worth It?

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Update: Still have not started Hollow Knight, but my friend got his ElGato.

Unfortunately, I cannot record audio with the ElGato for some reason, so I need to get a microphone... It's an ordeal. But I will give my thoughts on the game!
    Looking forward to it!

This reminds me... I still have Hollow Knight only like 96% beaten. Gotta get that last bit done.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #32

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Looking forward to it!

This reminds me... I still have Hollow Knight only like 96% beaten. Gotta get that last bit done.
    Hollow Knight will actually count up to 112%

The last few are absolutely nightmare hard to get.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Don't expect a 100% (or 112%) run from me to start! I'm not the best gamer. :P
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34

Flumph

It's not too monstrously difficult to get up to about 105% or so just from being very thorough with exploring and finding stuff.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Hollow Knight will actually count up to 112%

The last few are absolutely nightmare hard to get.
    Right-o!

I wasn’t going to mention that. My file says something like 107%. Apparently I missed a couple bosses, haven’t beaten *that boss*, and am like a third of the way done with the last DLC.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sharoth View Post
    I love my switch. It was well worth the money. Skyrim, Breath of the Wild, Civ 6, Doom, and several others.
    If by "several others" you also mean Octopath Traveler, Diablo III, Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered, Final Fantasy XII: the Zodiac Age and Darkest Dungeon, you probably have stolen my Switch and my games, because I got the same games that you mentioned.

There's also Witcher 3 coming up, the D&D games (Baldur's Gate 1, 2 and Siege of Dragonspear; Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights 1; all are extended editions though), and I'll see if I can get Link's Awakening and Grandia 1 & 2 Complete Collection any time soon. (The latter hurts because it's digital only; I wish it was physical...), so I can safely say I love my Switch. Get the $300 version and don't mind shelling that much money for it; there's a ton of great 1st party and 3rd party modern games, though the amount of oldies there makes it amazing.

Shame EA/Bioware doesn't wanna do Dragon Age: Origins or Star Wars: KotOR 1/2. Those would be awesome. (But then again, they're cheap on a PC, so...)
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    If by "several others" you also mean Octopath Traveler, Diablo III, Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered, Final Fantasy XII: the Zodiac Age and Darkest Dungeon, you probably have stolen my Switch and my games, because I got the same games that you mentioned.

There's also Witcher 3 coming up, the D&D games (Baldur's Gate 1, 2 and Siege of Dragonspear; Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights 1; all are extended editions though), and I'll see if I can get Link's Awakening and Grandia 1 & 2 Complete Collection any time soon. (The latter hurts because it's digital only; I wish it was physical...), so I can safely say I love my Switch. Get the $300 version and don't mind shelling that much money for it; there's a ton of great 1st party and 3rd party modern games, though the amount of oldies there makes it amazing.

Shame EA/Bioware doesn't wanna do Dragon Age: Origins or Star Wars: KotOR 1/2. Those would be awesome. (But then again, they're cheap on a PC, so...)
    Good to see you in this thread, Oskar!

I replied to your post to say we have similar tastes, then I saw the username.

Also... I wonder how Torment’s going to be on the Switch. I might get it.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

The new Fire Emblem is also pretty solid, even from the perspective of someone who mostly disliked the recent entries in the series. There's still some annoying nuisances, but the core FE mechanics in the fights plus some quality of life improvements really do help there.

Right-o!

I wasn’t going to mention that. My file says something like 107%. Apparently I missed a couple bosses, haven’t beaten *that boss*, and am like a third of the way done with the last DLC.
    Oh, there's another *that boss* later in the last DLC. At least two of them, even, and I'm pretty sure anyone good enough to take them can handle the *that boss* you're talking about without taking a hit. Unless you're talking about a different *that boss*.
    Last edited by Knaight; 2019-10-10 at 01:49 AM.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Oh, there's another *that boss* later in the last DLC. At least two of them, even, and I'm pretty sure anyone good enough to take them can handle the *that boss* you're talking about without taking a hit. Unless you're talking about a different *that boss*.
    Yup, sounds like we’re talking about the same boss. I’ve beaten a good few bosses without taking a hit, but that boss... going to take some practice.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Good to see you in this thread, Oskar!

I replied to your post to say we have similar tastes, then I saw the username.
    Lawl. Though, it makes sense: Zelda will always be Zelda, a good combination of western RPGs and JRPGs, Diablo III is good mindless fun, Civ is always a great game, and Darkest Dungeon is just so full of flavor. Plus the amount of oldies but goodies already there and upcoming.

Nintendo really hit the mark here with this gimmick, in particular since it's a console that's pushing the limits. Tablet PCs exist, so might as well do a proper tablet console and take advantage of portability.

Also... I wonder how Torment’s going to be on the Switch. I might get it.
    I'd be amazed if Beamdog manages to use touch screen to simulate mouse controls. It'll probably have those controls. It's already shown to be the Extended Edition of each game, so it'll have each of the boons and issues related to it (widescreen, altered dialogue, BG1 having the kits already integrated in). Though, I'm kinda scared that it ends up being much like other games, where either part of the game is there and you have to download the rest, or you'll have one cart and the option to download the other.

Gotta commend CD Projekt Red for what they're doing to Witcher 3 - the whole game will be on the card, and it'll be chock-full of goodies. Kinda the same with what Squeenix did with Octopath Traveler; the entire game is there, no DLC, no nothing, just pure goodness.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Yup, sounds like we’re talking about the same boss. I’ve beaten a good few bosses without taking a hit, but that boss... going to take some practice.
    There could be two, so: Are we talking NKG, or GPZ?
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    There could be two, so: Are we talking NKG, or GPZ?
    I haven't beaten NKG. GPZ I didn't find much of an issue.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

I was figuring NKG. GPZ just has a thing where you can repeat the fight, it intensifies a bit, and while GPZ 1 is very manageable GPZ 10 is some nonsense.

Anyways, back to the main thrust of the thread - there's also some games that aren't out yet that could tip this. Metroid Prime 4 is supposed to be out at some point, and it's back in the hands of Retro Studios.

-- ChubbyRain

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

The Nintendo Switch is 100% worth the purchase, in my opinion. I have put in almost as many hours into it as my PS4 Pro this year and that really says something. Nintendo are on a hot streak with new titles too, so you don't have to worry about exclusives drying up. And, weirdly enough, they censor less than Sony these days, which is something I never thought I would say.

Here's a list of some of the good games for the Switch, both exclusive and non-exclusive. These are just what immediately come to mind. I also recommend investing in a pro controller, because joy-cons are hit or miss depending on your hand size and how you like button layouts.

Exclusive

Super Mario Odyssey
    Kirby Star Allies
    Octopath Traveler
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    Fire Emblem Three Houses
    Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Astral Chain
    Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

Non-Exclusives

The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth +
    Azure Striker Gunvolt Pack
    Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition
    Hollow Knight
    Salt and Sanctuary
    BlazBlue Crosstag Battle
    Guns, Gore, and Cannoli 1 and 2
    Bayonetta 1 and 2
    River City Girls
    God Eater 3

15. - Top - End - #45

River City Girls, huh. I’ll be buying that. Huge fan of River City Ransom, 2 was alright.

I’d add to the list...

The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa

It’s like a shonen slice of life. Can choose to go delinquent or shape up. Or mix.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

River City Girls, huh. I’ll be buying that. Huge fan of River City Ransom, 2 was alright.

I’d add to the list...

The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa

It’s like a shonen slice of life. Can choose to go delinquent or shape up. Or mix.
    River City Girls was an absolutely amazing game that took me back almost thirty years to the era of beat-em-ups. It manages to capture that feel while adding in modern conveniences that do not detract from the difficulty, a better control scheme, and a wacky story. One fun thing to note is that there are references to almost every old-school beat-em-up game and characters from several of the older games makes a guest appearance at some point. Well, besides the protagonists.

Spoiler: Guest Characters
    Show
    Kunio, Riki, Abobo, Misuzu, Hasebe, and Mami. There is also the grand-daughter of a certain prominent Yakuza member from a past game in here.