New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default What If Kaiju Was In The Marvel Universe

Imagine if Godzilla, Gamera, Mothra and all the other Kaiju was in Marvel Universe. It would be a colloidal disaster for everybody in that universe. So what do you think about that?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What If Kaiju Was In The Marvel Universe

Kaijus? in the Marvel Universe?

Those poor animals. They wouldn't last a day.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Kaijus? in the Marvel Universe?

Those poor animals. They wouldn't last a day.
    Kaiju as in Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Rodan. Those type of Kaijus.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it has already happened.

No seriously, there was a Godzilla vs. the Avengers comic.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Marvel had the Godzilla comic book license in the 70s.

The Godzilla comic took place in the main Marvel universe. They had Shield tracking big G across the United States and on the way he fought several other giant monsters(created for the title,) a giant robot named Red Ronin(who still belongs to Marvel and appears from time to time,) got sent to Dinosaur world where he fought and then teamed up with Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur, and then went back to the main universe and landed in NYC where he fought the Avengers and got yelled at by J. Jonah. Jameson.

He also got mutated into several other forms and made several unnamed cameos among the other giant monsters of monster island before appearing under the name Leviathan to fight the X-Men(He was killed by Archangel severing his brain stem, but I expect he'll be back considering that Marvel seems to be getting it's old licenses back)

Ignoring licensed characters, Marvel has a lot of homemade giant monsters, like Fin Fang Foom, in addition, a minor recurring hero from recent years is Kid Kaiju, an Inhuman with the power to create giant monsters by drawing them or summon pre-existing giant monsters the same.

Then there's American Kaiju.

A marine who was selected for the latest interation of Project Rebirth. Instead of trying to recreate the Super Soldier Serum from scratch, however, they took a pre-existing SSS knock off and combined it with Gama Treatments(a combination of gene therapy, gamma-ray exposure, nanobot injections, and/or psychological conditioning to recreate the powers of specific Gamma-Ray Mutates, most commonly Hulk, Abomination, or their knockoffs,) the Connors formula(The stuff that turns Dr Connors into the Lizard,) MGH(an illegal narcotic that is literally made of people,) and Pym particles(the stuff that make the various Ant-Men, Giant-Men, Wasps, Yellowjackets, and such shrink and grow.)

They weren't trying to make a giant radioactive lizard, but it's what they got and basically the only thing that could have come from that combination. They named him American Kaiju. He was deployed against Avengers Idea Mechanics when they rescued someone that SHIELD was holding captive and was immediately depowered.

He then went AWOL, teamed up with a mad scientist named Victor Vondoom(No relation to Doctor Doom) to get his powers back(Vondoom used traces of the "Kaiju Serum" in his body for his research into making other monsters,) got beaten up by Deadpool and Red Hulk, and was then depowered again.

The worst part is that the man's name was Todd Ziller. In a world where Godzilla exists. They were asking for it to go wrong.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I remember one of the worlds the eXiles visited where Curt Connors and his Science Squad used a piloted giant Robot made by Bolivar Trask to protect Tokyo from Kaiju.

Spoiler
    Show

Personally, I don't get these "what if X were in the Marvel Universe" because the MU has been around for over half a century and has merrily ripped off everything pop culture has provided for their own serial numbers-less version, or were given the rights to make the comic for X probably in some point in the 80's as part of one of many cross-brand media exercises with a toy retailer. Basically, X is in all likelihood there already, it's just called Y instead.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

In this instance though it’s right there, it carries its licensed name, and we see what happens.

The Kaiju gets its ass handed back to him, because the Marvel Universe is on a different power level entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Kaiju as in Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Rodan. Those type of Kaijus.
    How many Kaijus are there?

I would imagine Thor, Captian Marvel, Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch. and Thor could probably each solo one. The Gardians of the Galaxy killed a 4d beast, so I imagine their tech and abilities would fell another. Same if you have a group made up of the remaining Avengers with help from Black Panther and Valkerie, and Shuri (and Peter, especially with EIDITH, but he may not count) could probably makes some tech that could force them to hibernate.

Just off the top of my head the current living known MCU heroes could stop no less than 7 at a time.

And having access to teleport magic via the anctum Sanctorum monks means they also crazy fast response time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamap View Post
    Also don't try to bring logic into the argument it has left the building ages ago since magic made its appearance.

9. - Top - End - #9

Archangel canonically killed Godzilla(mutated into a stronger and legally distinct form with a new name though blatantly still the same one from the 70s) more or less by himself, so...

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    It would be a colloidal disaster for everybody in that universe.
    Either somebody's spellchecker was playing tricks, or that word doesn't mean what you think it means.

12. - Top - End - #12

Colossal, probably?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The only problem would honestly be to dispose of the bodies.
    Since there are several heroes who could solo all of them at the same time.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #14

If we're just talking about multi-hundred-foot tall monsters, then yeah, Earth's superheroes can take them on no problem.
    However, (and I say this merely as hearsay; I'm no Godzilla buff, and I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for canon on the matter,) I've read on another message board that Godzilla is apparently supposed to be incredibly tough. Like, Superman-in-his-most-OP-comic tough. Tanking supernovae and the like. He's a force of nature, or a god, or whatever.
    Now, even so, that's nothing particularly noteworthy when compared to some of the cosmic entities in Marvel (whose power levels are basically infinity, infinity plus one, and so on.) But it does make the odds of Earth defeating him rather lower, and there would certainly be a bigger body count.

Maybe something like the Phoenix Force could take him out, but I don't think any of the more standard heroes could take out a threat that big.
    If what I read is true, and not just the ramblings of a crazy fanboy. I honestly have no idea.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    He also got mutated into several other forms and made several unnamed cameos among the other giant monsters of monster island before appearing under the name Leviathan to fight the X-Men(He was killed by Archangel severing his brain stem, but I expect he'll be back considering that Marvel seems to be getting it's old licenses back)
    Considering I think its...Dark Horse has the current comic book rights and Toho Studios being much more particular about who they give the Godzilla license to these days, I find it very unlikely that Marvel gets that license back.

Especially considering everything else you mention which all but spells out that Marvel has no respect for the character and won't treat him right.

@Strigon: Like any super popular character, how powerful Godzilla is really does depend on which Godzilla you're looking at. You have varying levels of durability and power depending on how silly or over-the-top a given timeline is from being able to be taken out by the military to being able to tank a black hole and survive.

Don't get me wrong, he's always durable, that's one of Big G's most defining traits but how much power creep is applied to him is incredibly fluid. Hell, Godzilla has literally been sent to hell, killed the Devil and then God in one of his comic book lines. That happened.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2019-09-24 at 12:26 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    @Strigon: Like any super popular character, how powerful Godzilla is really does depend on which Godzilla you're looking at. You have varying levels of durability and power depending on how silly or over-the-top a given timeline is from being able to be taken out by the military to being able to tank a black hole and survive.

Don't get me wrong, he's always durable, that's one of Big G's most defining traits but how much power creep is applied to him is incredibly fluid. Hell, Godzilla has literally been sent to hell, killed the Devil and then God in one of his comic book lines. That happened.
    Well, sounds like he'd be right at home in the Marvel Universe!
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Grogg is a fictional monster character from the Marvel Universe who first appeared in Strange Tales.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Well, sounds like he'd be right at home in the Marvel Universe!
    Except without the blue text, because that's basically what this thread comes down to.

However, I'd argue that the Marvel universe has the upper hand because the Godzilla gang are all supposed to be somewhat close to each other in power. While Iron Man's power fluctuates greatly (in the movies alone it goes up and down between "barely capable of handling a fistfight" to "precision nuke"), there are characters in the Marvel universe that are clearly supposed to be weaker then Iron Man and characters who are clearly supposed to be stronger. So you're not dealing with Godzilla VS the Hulk, who has punched planets hard enough to physically destroy them on his strongest points in the comics, you're dealing with Godzilla VS Galactus, for whom destroying planets is the baseline, it's the weakest he ever gets. And that's just the most powerful character I have a relatively clear idea about. I'm pretty sure he's several tiers away from the real top dogs in the Marvel world, characters who exist to serve as judge, jury and executioner for immortal gods, characters who created the multiverse because a single universe would have been too little work for their free Saturday afternoon. So yeah, Godzilla would certainly not be top dog in that world.

However however, since superhero stories usually match heroes to precisely those villains they can just about heroically beat, Godzilla would probably get beaten up by Thor and the Asgardians once, have people suddenly realize he's a good guy and then team up with Mothra and Rodan to stomp planetary trouble scale villains for the rest of his existence, much like how his own movie series' usually go. It'd be pretty standard stuff for him, and for the random citizens of the Marvel universe as well. I mean, one of their cities gets destroyed by an artificial black hole or a super battle or a robot plague every week or so, a giant monster is really not that different...
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-09-27 at 02:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Galactus in his normal state is "middle tier" in terms of godlike beings in the Marvel Universe. (In fact, Galactus dislikes being referred to as a God because he believes that it takes more than just raw power to be considered a deity. It's hard to make a statement of humility sound badass, but Galactus pulls it off.)
    "Sphinx! You share the folly of all your lowly species. You believe that power itself makes one a God! But even Galactus, to whom all is possible, even Galactus whose every passing whim becomes reality — even Galactus is no God."
    I think it's stated that he's stronger than a Cosmic Cube, but Molecule Man, the Beyonder, and other beings evolved from Cosmic Cubes are equal to or stronger than he is and he's weaker than the Celestials, th Elders f the UNiverse, Cosmic Principals--especially Eternity and Infinity, who are the embodiments of time and space(Eternity also being the anthropomorphic embodiment of th eUniverse. Eternity's Children "Now" and "Then" are the reason why Superheros don't age, time appears to flow weirdly for them, and they can sometimes be in several places at once,) the Living Tribunal(Who is a unique multiversal being who is literally omnipotent but has three personas that must be in agreement before they can act and is basically God's Enforcer) and the One-Above-All is the only being tht is truly omnipotent(One-Above-All is either the Abrahamic God or else, Jack Kirby. He resides at the top of the Marvel Multiverse and all gods in every universe are reflections of himself. OAA has many guises, sees with many eyes, creates with many hands, all of whom are themselves but also Him. His only weapon is Love. He is opposed by the One-Below-All, who likewise has many guises, sees with many eyes, and destroys with many hands who are themselves but lalso him, but unlike the One-Above-All the One-Below-All, who resides in a Hell-Realm at the bottom of the Multiverse, cannot manifest himself outside of one of his avatars. He's been described as "Cosmic Mega Satan" and "God's Hulk.")

Galactus is also an ant compared to Franklin "I literally create Universes for fun" Richards. In fact, Galactus was once Franklin's herald and as a Teenager in Dan Slott's Fantastic Four run, Franklin complains that it was kind of dumb for the adults to leave them behind to stop Doom from screwing things up when Galactus came to Earth and landed in Latveria for exactly that reason(Val complained that she is literally the only person in the world that can successfully reason with Doom and give him criticism that he'll listen too and is, in general, the last person in the world that he would willingly hurt.)

However, Galactus the World Eater is not the True Form of Galactus. Galactus is supposed to be a Lifebringer. A being of infinite power that creates life and holds off Entropy, not a being of ravenous Hungerwho hoars the life force of countless worlds.

In his True Form, Galactus is twice as powerful as he normally is and himself possesses infinite energy. This puts him above the Celestials and most of the Cosmic Principals, but he's still nothing compared to Eternity.

Somewhere in between Eternity and the Living Tribunal comes most versions of the collected Infinity Stones, which make you absolutely Omnipotent but under normal circumstances will only function in their native universe(This does not apply to the MCU versions, which are much weaker and follow different rules but can apparently do whatever the hell they want.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

When Godzilla fought the Avengers in New York people always seem to forget that he was also fighting the Fantastic Four AND a SHIELD Helicarrier at the same time. And to be blunt, the heroes and SHIELD were NOT winning. This team of Avengers had both Iron Man and Thor present and Thor even compared Godzilla to the Midgard Serpent.

As for Godzilla being "canonically dead" in the Marvel Universe, the Marvel Wiki clearly states that Leviathan was created in a lab. So it was NOT Godzilla from the comics series (which I have the full run of. ). Frankly all the other "mutated" version could well be headcannoned as being creations of Demonicus who was just lying. In the Marvel Comics the Big G showed signs of intelligence, possibly human level and I find it hard to believe that Demonicus was able to capture or control him.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

If we're looking at the current Universal Monsterverse movies (Godzilla King of the Monsters is pretty good) version compared to say the MCU then yeah, most heroes are lunch for Godzilla. If we look at comic book Marvel, then Godzilla isn't anything worse than the Avengers have faced off against in a two-book cliffhanger. This a world that among other things has recently been invaded by: Skrulls, Kree, Thanos, Frost Giants, Fire Giants, Fing Fang Foom, Galactus, the Eternals, literal angels, Cthulu, anti-Chutulu, and all manner of other things.
    Last edited by Beleriphon; 2019-09-28 at 02:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

Strange or Reed or Tony would whip up reserve for them to live in peacefully

23. - Top - End - #23

Lizardfolk

I think we all know the answer...

... squirrel girl would defeat all of them singlehandedly!
    seriously, she beat BOTH Thanos AND Galactus!
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

24. - Top - End - #24

*chuckle*

At one point during the Marvel Godzilla comics, Godzilla got shrunk down with Pym particles to about 6 feet, and ended up wandering around New York disguised in a fedora and trenchcoat for... some reason. It was gloriously weird.

25. - Top - End - #25

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    *chuckle*

At one point during the Marvel Godzilla comics, Godzilla got shrunk down with Pym particles to about 6 feet, and ended up wandering around New York disguised in a fedora and trenchcoat for... some reason. It was gloriously weird.
    because we all know that a mere fedora and trenchcoat can hide any distinguishing features such as scales and incredibly sharp teeth...
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    because we all know that a mere fedora and trenchcoat can hide any distinguishing features such as scales and incredibly sharp teeth...
    You forgot the huge tail that was clearly sticking out of the coat. If my slightly vague memories are correct, somebody still tried to mug him. Marvelverse citizens: (trying to) prove Darwin wrong, one incredibly stupid act at a time.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    In New York? They'll probably take one glance and figure it's just another ninja turtle going to see a movie.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    In New York? They'll probably take one glance and figure it's just another ninja turtle going to see a movie.
    Which is still a good reason not to try to mug them
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground

The kaiju would actually be a benevolent species. They would kill off the carnivores who consume too much as well as kill off the more aggressive organism. They would be helping out the universe. They would kill off other creatures so they won't die.