New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Spheres of Power: Soul Weaver Build Advice

Starting up a game soon, had the itch to play a healer of sorts, and the game allows (well, requires) Spheres of Power or Path of War use. I have much experience with the latter, but little with the former.

After a bit of research I settled on a Thaumaturge (Dual Channeler), race Dhampir, and he will have a significant focus on the Life and Blood Spheres.

All of that is pretty much locked in, the main thing I want advice on is Talents to take in what order if I want a character equally good at healing and harming. It seems more difficult to up the actual healing for the Life Sphere, weirdly enough, so maybe I should take the Restore focused Talents first?
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-09-22 at 07:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Spheres of Power: Thaumaturge Build Advice

Dual channeler is a soul weaver archetype, not a Thaumaturge. Which class are you using? What is your goal with the character?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Spheres of Power: Thaumaturge Build Advice

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Dual channeler is a soul weaver archetype, not a Thaumaturge. Which class are you using? What is your goal with the character?
    Oh yeah, my bad. That's the one. I was looking at Thaumaturge for forever and kind of conflated the two.

They're a non-pacifist healer that struggles with the bloodlust brought on by their vampiric heritage. I want basically a guy that can be an effective healer while also dishing out solid damage and afflictions.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Spheres of Power: Soul Weaver Build Advice

Well, with dual channeler, you have a fair amount of HP healing on-tap, so using life talents primarily to cover condition removal is reasonable, though most of those also boost healing a bit by adding a d8. Covering all the conditions eats a lot of talents, so if possible cover niche ones via items or find a flexible talent source (spiritualism hedgewitch dip, wild magic, etc.). Blood has a bit of healing and condition removal, but you probably want to focus your blood talents on other areas to avoid redundancy. As a full caster you should have high DCs, so getting blood control to stick is easier. Might want to fund a way to reduce the saves of brute type monsters, as inflated enemy HD and CON scores make for high Fort saves. Or send your blood constructs after them.

Dual channel combines with the channel destruction feat and ...shrapnel blast? Something like that, deals bleed damage, to have an AOE way to start enemies bleeding, reducing their saves against blood control.
    Last edited by stack; 2019-09-22 at 07:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Spheres of Power: Soul Weaver Build Advice

Ah, that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I didn't have a chance to look into the feats much. Thanks a bundle.