New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Kamp Korral

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Kamp Korral

I heard Kamp Korral. A new cartoon on Nickelodeon is coming. I don't understand why so many people are making a huge deal out of it. It telling the origin when Spongebob Squarepants as a kid. What's wrong with that?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Kamp Korral

Well, part of it is that it was announced very shortly after the death of SpongeBob's creator, who was rather strongly opinionated against any spinoffs. For me though, mostly the issue is that SpongeBob is already a kid, in practice if not in literal age. A show about a youthful spongebob is just... spongebob. It also uses a different animation style, which can throw people off.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

eek Re: Kamp Korral

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Well, part of it is that it was announced very shortly after the death of SpongeBob's creator, who was rather strongly opinionated against any spinoffs. For me though, mostly the issue is that SpongeBob is already a kid, in practice if not in literal age. A show about a youthful spongebob is just... spongebob. It also uses a different animation style, which can throw people off.
    Yes I understand about his death which is understandable not to do a spinoff. I just which that Nickelodeon respect his wishes but you know how TV network are.