New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: So, Disenchantment Season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Just finished season 2 and...

Spoiler
    Show
    ..Also this season introduced and killed off my favorite character! R.I.P. Jerry.
    .... Jerry was in Part 1 was well.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    .... Jerry was in Part 1 was well.
    WHAT?! What episode(s)?
    Last edited by Magic_Hat; 2019-10-20 at 01:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

He was in just about every single scene that Cloyd and Rebecca were also in.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    He was in just about every single scene that Cloyd and Rebecca were also in.
    Um...they were in season 1? Should I have rewatched the first season before binge watching the second? I must have forgotten a lot. Like I don't even remember those two really tiny guys Zog has.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, they appeared several times in season 1. In fact, they appeared in the very first episode. They were the ones who sent Luci to Bean.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Um...they were in season 1? Should I have rewatched the first season before binge watching the second? I must have forgotten a lot. Like I don't even remember those two really tiny guys Zog has.
    The whole show on Netflix as of right now is season 1. They broke it into two parts, for unknown reasons (at least, unknown to me). Season 2 drops next year.

Anyway, yes, they were in the first 10 episides. Jerry even had a great line about Zøg - "aww, he's like a coconut. Hard on the outside, but on the inside, coconut."
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    The whole show on Netflix as of right now is season 1. They broke it into two parts, for unknown reasons (at least, unknown to me). Season 2 drops next year.

Anyway, yes, they were in the first 10 episides. Jerry even had a great line about Zøg - "aww, he's like a coconut. Hard on the outside, but on the inside, coconut."
    Maybe I should rewatch both part 1 and 2 because I remember very little from the first part. I mean I'm not doing anything else with my Netflix subscription and the new season of Bojack doesn't come out until the 25th.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

I agree with the assessment that it was nothing special. I felt it was pandering to me as a "nerdy woman" in an unpleasant, forced kind of way. I think it certainly has potential, but it doesn't have the fresh feel we got with circa seasons 5-9 Simpsons or Futurama. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it definitely had a lot of "gIRls cAN b3 c0mPL3x h3roes 2" feels going on. I'll check it out, but I'm not super hyped for it. Just cautiously optimistic.

9. - Top - End - #39

DwarfClericGuy

So one aspect that I haven't really seen addressed is the tonal difference. A lot of the Simpsons humor is 'look at how crazy modern life is as we take this normal situation to absurd extremes' and a lot of Futurama humor is 'look at this crazy analog for modern day issues in the absurd future'. Disenchantment felt more like 'hey doesn't feudalism suck? See look, feudalism really sucks! Your fantasies are unrealistic and bad'. For example, Bean's theater episode in season 2 feels much about 'look how stupid people were in the past' than any sort of commentary on present day gender imbalances.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    So one aspect that I haven't really seen addressed is the tonal difference. A lot of the Simpsons humor is 'look at how crazy modern life is as we take this normal situation to absurd extremes' and a lot of Futurama humor is 'look at this crazy analog for modern day issues in the absurd future'. Disenchantment felt more like 'hey doesn't feudalism suck? See look, feudalism really sucks! Your fantasies are unrealistic and bad'. For example, Bean's theater episode in season 2 feels much about 'look how stupid people were in the past' than any sort of commentary on present day gender imbalances.
    I think the "no women in theatre" thing in that one was just an excuse for getting to the actual commentary of one person writes it, second person re-writes it and calls it original, third person blatantly steals it from second person, and the final performance involves a pig in a crown and an entire barrel of makeup. Not that I was particularly interested or entertained, but I think their point lies somewhere in that direction.

11. - Top - End - #41

DwarfClericGuy

That was just the first episode that sprang to mind. But for another example most of the Zog stuff revolves around how sucky having an absolute monarch actually would be, the abuses of power, the personal pettiness etc. But most if not all of the audience for the show, doesn't live under an absolute monarchy. It's not relatable and funny the way the Nixon Futurama episodes or the Sideshow Bob runs for office were.
    Last edited by Thomas Cardew; 2019-10-21 at 09:42 PM.