Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This thread is a continuation from the IC thread I
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Bear growls at Kara, mostly playfully, "Dibs? You can't just call dibs when we all smell like this and you take longer than anyone else. Ah, screw it." The big man takes a short run down the dock and dives into the water, furiously thrashing about to get off the worst of the sewer. He doesn't linger in there long, acutely aware of the potential threat, hefting himself out to dry himself off.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-09-22 at 07:49 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Michael nods at Kara’s idea to leverage the police officer. He had a few ideas he was going to try himself. Similar ideas.

“Firetruck isn’t a bad idea. I’m going to get working on some more personal methods of defense. Just in case we need to trash this thing up close.”

After excusing himself from the others, he went to sit alone with his phone for a little while. He first sent out a message to the Street Team he had been setting up.

>> Hey; working on a new piece to the show. Anyone have access to pressure washers on the cheap? And by cheap, free is best? We need about eight of them! Everlasting thanks of the Anchor Wolves will be yours. <<

Then, as a backup, he emailed a half dozen places that could rent that equipment to get quotes for all eight, making sure to say it was for a band who could give plugs.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“We should think about where we want to fight this thing, too,” Blaze said, “it will have a tough time in the Flesh and also in areas which are uncorrupted, so we could fight it here or prepare another battleground, someplace clean and pristine.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #5

Beholder

Michael returned after a few moments, listening to Blaze.

“If we could time it perfectly, after the battle was already started we could get one of those mosquito duster planes. Imagine loading that thing up with our medicinal brew. Or, a building where we replaced the sprinkler line with it.”

Michael looked around with a slight grin.

“They did it in Constantine. The books are better.”

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo looks down 'I'd actually forgotten about the stink until you mentioned it.' His nose wrinkles 'Just as well human noses are so useless.' He trails after Bear, watching warily as the big man crashes into the waves, his shattered nerves once more on edge until his packmate emerged unassailed. He remained on land, content to wait his turn with the shower. 'That thing will be easy to trap. It is overconfident and blood thirsty, all we have seen it do is come straight at us. We also now know where we have to dangle our lure.
    'It will be easy to bring it to a place of our choosing, however we should choose a place close to it's lair. I don't think there's anywhere in the Flesh were we could fight that thing without being discovered, I think we have to fight it in the labyrinth.'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara didn't wait much more beyond giving Bear a challenging look that swiftly morphed into bubbly, anxiety-releasing laughter. Then, the leggy blonde was practically skipping into their home and the bathroom.

With water piping hot and a song on her lips, Kara set about getting cleaned up.

Show

I'm okay to move on and finalize plans tomorrow (IC, of course).

"Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

8. - Top - End - #8

Beholder

Show

Michael is ready to shift to the next day as well, as there aren’t any personal scenes this time around!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Act 2 Scene iv

Hear me ringing big bell tolls
    Hear me singing soft and low
    I've been begging on my knees
    I've been kickin', help me please
    Hear me prowlin'
    I'm gonna take you down
    Hear me growlin'

-"Can't You Hear Me Knocking", The Rolling Stones

Blaze's sleep had been fitful, his mind racing and turning over ideas for how to start formulating and concocting the Bane to be used against his newest and greatest enemy. He had a general idea of what sort of items would affect the great Plague Spirit, but he needed something like a recipe, and he needed to figure out where he was going to get all the ingredients.

After a near sleepless night, he had a few ideas. The first would be to go back to the Knowledge Spirit at the museum, Walks With Truth. Perhaps with the right Gathra, he could extract more information from the spirit. Otherwise, Kara had mentioned that doctor who she had contacted, perhaps Blaze could pick the doctor's brain for some effective "alternative medicines" (or perhaps he could have Kara do it). But Blaze also had another idea, and this one seemed to refuse to let go of its hold in the back of his brain. What if Blaze hacked the computer system of a pharmacy, both to find alternative medicines, but also to open up whatever stock they had and simply walk out with everything he needed. The idea of actually doing this at the hospital tickled the Uratha, and he couldn't help but think about how much bigger their supply of medicines would be relative to something like a local CVS or Walgreens. Blaze knew that a number of packmates would be interested in helping him with this hunt.

However, there were also a group of Anchor Wolves who wanted to track down the old mad Harbor Wolf again. Perhaps with bigger numbers, and a little preparation they could reason with the Uratha, maybe even get some useful information. Otherwise, they had seen treasures within his cave, and perhaps there would be some useful Fetishes, or other tools that could be used against the Beshilu.

The Anchor Wolves sat around a newly installed Ikea dinner table. The thing was flimsy and cheap looking, but was large enough to allow all Uratha and Wolf Blooded to sit at the same table, drinking from eclectically mismatched coffee cups and scarfing down pancakes made by Pine and Ciara.

Show
    First off, if you haven't, please read over my most recent OOC post, which details XP gains ect. Second, please identify in which group you want your character to take part.

@TC: I will leave it up to you as to how you want to go forward hunting for herbal medicines to be used against He Who Steals Breath. I've listed a few ideas, but you can choose to proceed however you want.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The metabolism of the Uratha was already a thing of beauty, given the wildness that flowed in their blood, and Kara was no different. Despite the predisposition to good genes, Kara was slender with just the right amount of visible muscle. Long legs and a thin waist. But by Father Wolf she could eat!

With a stack of six pancakes on the plate in front of her, dripping with butter and syrup, Kara took a sip from the coffee in hand. It had been loaded up with sugar and cream, and looked more milky white than the deep luster of a dark roast.

”Man!” she exclaimed, setting her coffee down and stuffing a forkful of doughy goodness into her mouth. ”What a night, right?! I had to wash my hair four times to get the stank of Beshilu out!”

Show

I’ll have Kara tag along to the hospital. I figure her ‘people-skills’ would be best suited to trying to both talk them in and out of trouble.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

BlaZe

“Yeah, they’re pretty nasty,” Blaze said, “short hair for the win.”

He took another bite and chewed thoughtfully before swallowing.

“So, I been doing some thinking,” Blaze said, “no matter how many rats we stamp out, they’re just gonna keep popping up again, like a game of mystic whack-a-mole, until finally they get lucky or smart and corner us with Captian Plagueface. So we gotta take it down. We already know it’s bane is traditional medicines, but as for what those are and how to get them, that’s an issue, and we’re gonna need a LOT. I don’t know about the rest of you but I don’t exactly have a lot of cash lying around. So...”

He took another bite.

“I was thinking about hacking into the hospital mainframe and ‘liberating’ them of all their traditional medicine, or at least enough of whatever we need to hit the plague lord,” he said, “I’m pretty sure they’ll be tagged in the system, but if we want to be extra sure we can check what we’re looking for first, then pick them up right at the front door. Like.. ask that knowledge spirit again, but we’ll need a juicy secret to barter with it. Or maybe check with some of our contacts what counts as traditional medicine. Whaddy’all think?”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear scratches his beard, "I'm not sure anything the hospital will have would count as traditional remedies. They might use chemicals from a traditional medicinal plant, but they won't have the plant itself around. Banes are funny that way, if it is specifically the traditional stuff, the modernized equivalent probably won't cut it, or at least be a lot less effective." He pauses, "Come to think of it, that might be part of why the docs are having so much trouble treating this outbreak, aside from everything else."

"Anyways, if we're going to try stealing stuff, we'd be better off hitting one of those places selling alternative treatments, essential oils, yucca plants, incense, that sort of ****. They'd have a lot less security anyways."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-09-29 at 10:50 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

”Admit it!” Kara said with a snort of laughter. ”You love my hair!” The Cahalith shoveled a few more bites of her pancakes into her mouth before wiping some errant syrup off her chin.

”I like the idea, but Bear might be right about the hospital having traditional medicines. Doesn’t hurt to check it out anyhow, y’know? I’m down to tag along. You never know when you’re gonna need a winning smile and a bit of charm!” Kara laughed again.

”If you wanna do some hacking, I can keep everyone distracted. If the hospital doesn’t have what we need then like…we can go hit a holistic shop? Vita-life or some ****?”

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo opened his mouth to add he loved Kara's hair but thought better of it. He mimed a yawn to cover himself and, once complete added his own thoughts 'Knowlton and his Protectorate can gather that sort of stuff far quicker and less conspicuously than us. He's been a fat load of no use at all so far but it's worth asking.
    'In the meanwhile, killing the Priest will have bought us some time, just as cleansing the hospital bought us time. I think we have a safe window to go after the last Harbor Fang. He's too far gone to be much use, but his cave was filled with stuff that might be useful.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

15. - Top - End - #15

Beholder

Michael looks up from his phone where he’s been checking in and coordinating some things.

“How public is it wise to advertise our need for traditional medicines? We could always put it out there to the community.”

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo shakes his head 'The rats have ears everywhere. Best not to let them know what we know.'
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"That and if we put out a weird call for loads of herbal remedies and then end up having to steal it anyways, the cops have an extra hint to home in on us."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-09-30 at 07:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    Solo opened his mouth to add he loved Kara's hair but thought better of it. He mimed a yawn to cover himself and, once complete added his own thoughts 'Knowlton and his Protectorate can gather that sort of stuff far quicker and less conspicuously than us. He's been a fat load of no use at all so far but it's worth asking.
    'In the meanwhile, killing the Priest will have bought us some time, just as cleansing the hospital bought us time. I think we have a safe window to go after the last Harbor Fang. He's too far gone to be much use, but his cave was filled with stuff that might be useful.'
    “It didn’t actually buy us time,” Blaze said, “we cleared out two nests, secured a locus, and lord plagueface came through the gauntlet pretty much right after that anyway, practically on top of us. Still, you’re right that we’re going to need all the help we can get. First things first, let’s get a list of medicines and see what’s out there, then we can decide what to get and from where. Do you guys think you can handle the rogue Harbor Fang without me? I’m not much good in a fight and I’m thinking of going to ask the library spirit, but its going to want a juicy secret to barter. Maybe I can tell it he who obliterates breathing has crossed the gauntlet? Anyone else have any secrets?”
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

With a scary amount of speed, Kara demolishes the stack of pancakes before giving a furtive glance to the kitchen to see if there were any more. Atant was in the hand that wasn't shoveling food into her face. The Cahalith had been on the various social media sites for the band even before she had managed to drag herself out of bed, hair a snarled, tangled mess from tossing and turning all night.

She'd responded to a number of fans on their Twitter account, posted a few pics of the various band members eating breakfast and was busy sending off Sanders a message to see if he had any projects in the works, and a suggestion that they do a photo op around some local landmarks for publicity. Sure, they'd played a couple gigs now but it wasn't like they could sit on their laurels and ignore where their pay-cheque came from. Kara smiled to herself, thinking about her Pack - but always keeping one ear open for an opportunity to give her opinions.

"Y'know...I kinda get why Knowlton isn't as keen on lending a neighborly hand. Think about it, this place is in deep ****. The last pack got ****ed, and...like...he's probably afraid of committing any of his people to a cause when we've already been up to our ears in ****." Kara said, setting Atant down and beginning to comb out and braid her sleep-touselled hair. "I wouldn't want to like...let any of you go into a place like this. But it's a bit different to ask for some material help." She points an accusing finger at them with a smirk. "It's not like we can't offer to, y'know...pay for some of it."

"It isn't like we haven't done anything. The hospital and Solo's mulching of their boss would be set-backs, for sure...but I'm afraid at how quickly they'll recap their losses. Spreads like a sickness, right?"
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2019-10-01 at 01:50 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Beholder

“Alright, well, I’m game to accompany the medicine route. Like Blaze I’m probably not the best for fighting. I mean...I’m not bad. But...y’know.”

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I'll go and help deal with the lost one. It is a sorrowful duty, to have to hunt down one of our own, but it sounds like we may not be given a choice."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo nods 'Couldn't agree more. It's not a hunt I relish, seeing someone so utterly lost to harmony... I don't know, in a way it was worse than seeing that plague god thing.' Solo had, after all, never come dangerously close to being a plague god.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-10-03 at 09:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

”It sounds like we’ve got a plan now.” Kara said, before moving to place her dirty dishes in the sink. ”Blaze, do you want me to go and see what I can do at the hospital while you sort out the rest of your business, or should I like…tag along?”

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

While the group discussed, and wolfed down pancakes, Blaze quickly pulled out his phone. It was only a few quick google searches to find list upon list of herbal and alternative medicines, as well as a few lists of plant based medications used regularly in hospitals.

That done, his mind started working over an appropriate Gathra for Walks With Truth.

Show
    Google traditional medicines and get a list, maybe even what modern medicines they’re used in.

Try to find an appropriate gathra to trade the library spirit to assist.
    The google search is so easy its not worth making you roll for it. For the second task, please give me Int/Wits + Occult+Wisdom roll.

In the meantime, Solomon stewed over his plan for attack. His concentration was interrupted by E, who was sitting next to Michael, one arm wrapped around his bicep, the other busy shoveling pancake into her mouth. Through a mouthful of pancake, she said to Solomon, "I'm coming with you man. I'm up for a hunt." She shot the Uratha a defiant, confident look, before turning to Michael pleadingly for support.

Spoiler: OOC@Ladorak
    Show
    Also, what is going to be your plan of attack for taking out the Harbor Wolf?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear looks to Michael, "Before you go, could you briefly accompany us to the spirit world? I would have you call upon your spirit wolf friend to assist in the hunt. We are forbidden to kill a fellow Uratha, even under circumstances such as these. So if there must be a final blow, the blow must be made by another, and it seems appropriate that it should be dealt by one who has suffered at the hands of this Fallen brother of ours."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    just a quick FYI, it’s a dog spirit and there is a certain irony about a spirit named Izidak killing a Forsaken Uratha.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-10-10 at 08:44 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

'Well he's in the hisil E.' said Solo evasively Not to mention you'd stand up to an enraged Garou about as well as a screen door stands to to a tidal wave. 'We'll need to lure him out of that cave to make our numbers count. That means someone has to play the bait, he was eager enough to chase Juno away when she was digging though his things.'
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

”If Blaze doesn’t need my help right off the bat, I can come be your bait. I’m quite skilled at playing the damsel in distress, y’know?” Kara said with a wry grin. ”Then I can go hit the hospital with Blaze after?”

29. - Top - End - #29

Beholder

Michael considers for a moment and then nods with enthusiasm as E tries to join in the hunt.

“I think E should come if she wants. I mean, I get the fact that if we go into the shadow it’s going to get real lonely and dangerous if you’re left behind. But...if you’re up for it, I think you should come.”

Michael looks to Bear and nods as well. “If Blaze doesn’t need me for a while I can come along and try to ask Izidakh to deliver the killing blow, as it were.”

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

E's punk snarl shifts to a pout. The girl crosses her arms across her chest indignantly, and after a forced sigh she says to Solomon, "Fine," though it clearly isn't. She folds herself into Michael and almost in tears says, "It's fine. It really is. I can't follow you guys into the Hisil anyways." She pronounces the First Tongue word, like it were her first time taking a stab at Mandarin, the growl needed on the 's' and 'l' comes out all wrong, though she is clearly unaware of this.

Spoiler: OOC@TC
    Show
    It looks like it will be up to Blaze to decide if he wants Kara and Michael to assist him for now. Once this is decided, I can get the ball rolling on each person's scene.
    Show