Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Bear says, "Well, I figure that we could have our bait launch an infuriating attack and then look disappointed it didn't work. For instance have Solomon pop up out of nowhere and throw a bottle of that bane in Obliterate's face as if he expected that to be enough. i know I'd be mad as hell if some pipsqueak did that to me with a bit of silver powder."

"Get him good and mad and start running like hell."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara listened intently to the plans her packmates were putting forward, nodding along in agreement.

"I can imagine Solo could piss it off pretty good, y'know. And...while I'll stay away from the acid, I might try and get some answers from my dreams before we start. See if there's anything else that we haven't thought of."

The Cahalith grabbed a cigarette from her bag and took a drag once it was lit.

"I wonder....I might be able to get a cop friend of mine to make sure any calls about strange activity at the garden are ignored by law enforcement. Last thing we need is our fight being interrupted."
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"Alright man, so... we got a few things to do," Blaze said, "gotta tell the spirits when and where to be, and make sure they're okay to be stuck behind the wards with the plague lord, gotta set up the wards and arrange the plants a bit, and gotta get you-know-who to follow Solomon there, anything else?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

When Solomon finally spoke up, his voice was low and flat. "I have one extra idea, though tell me if you don't like it. I think we should set a diversion for the Beshilu. We don't know just how many of them there really are, but we should assume that if we don't distract them, they will rally to the plague spirit. Even if we do everything right to prepare for battling Obliterates, our plans could simply be ruined if we get overwhelmed by the Shartha's interference. I can't be at two places at once, but maybe the second fastest of us could create a diversion before I go after Obliterates. Round up as many rats as possible and lead them away from the camp site. It may be dangerous, but it may be the only way our plan works." Finished, Solomon looks from one Uratha to the other, waiting for his pack's input.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"That means we'll be one down fighting the plague lord," Blaze said, "you sure that's a good idea?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"It's just an idea," Solomon says with a shrug, though it is clear it is a suggestion he is confident in. He adds, "While it means we will be down one against Obliterates, it also means we won't have to divide our strength between fighting the spirit and the Beshilu. All it takes is one rat to displace one of the wards and the entire trap may be ruined."

Michael steps forward and says, "If no one else is willing, I would be up for that." He looks at Blaze first, then his gaze falls on Bear, then Kara, and lastly Solomon. "I know I'm still a pup, but I'm fast, and I can hold my own. If someone needs to do it, then I'm up for the challenge."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

“Good point man,” Blaze replied, “alright, you need anything extra just in case? Flamethrower maybe? Do we have one of those lying around?”
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods, "It makes sense. Better one brother down than everyone having to fight on two fronts. If you are sure about this Michael, just don't get cocky. You may be faster than them, but the rats are clever, they will try to trap and surround you."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Very well then," Solomon says in resolution, "Need we plan any further?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara was listening, though she allowed her eyes to close and her mind to wander back to the LSD-fueled trip that she’d previously ventured on. The Gift of Prophecy that was intrinsic to all Cahalith was a fickle thing. She hadn’t taken much time to sift through the images and hallucination she had witnessed, but it seemed like a good enough time to do a cursory pass.

Just in case there was something hidden therein that could aid them somehow.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

So, as I understand the actual mechanics of the Prophetic Dream Auspice Benefit, if Benno chooses to allow the LSD drip as a prophetic dream, I can roll Intelligence + Occult to interpret some of the facets of the dream.

Intelligence 2 + Occult 1 (+2 Dream specialization)

(5d10)[9][6][6][10][1](32)

Alternatively, I can declare an event was foretold and give myself or a packmate a +3 modifier to an action. Or impose a -3 modifier to a storyteller character.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara allows her mind to wander, entering momentarily into a near trance like state as her mind flashes through the many strange images and dream like experiences of her recent trip.

Her mind races through the same sequence over and over again; something so familiar; the image of an Uratha hounded by the Beshilu, racing through the forest at night as an earth consuming wave of plaque carrying rodents nip at its heels. The Urshul is hounded by the Beshilu through the forest, its paws kicking up dirt and detritus as it pushes valiantly through the woods. But then the forest clears, and the Uratha bounds out into a clearing, where the dirt turns to sand and meets the waves. The sudden arrival at the beach seems to whip the Beshilu into a frenzy of fear. The rodents begin to cry out. Some simply seem to combust, while others dive maddened head first into the waves to drown. Others seem to scatter. But the Uratha remains unharmed by its would be pursuers, and begins to stomp and rend its foes with ease.

The moon hangs over this scene, full and yellow, like the wide eye of an owl, its voice in the wind saying "Remember, remember."

(OOC: Let me know if you need me to spell that out for you)
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

After a lulled moment, Kara blinks her eyes furtively as if trying to clear some bleariness from them. Turning to Michael, and the rest of the Pack, she purses her lips for a moment.

”If you’re going to lead the Beshilu on a merry chase….” She began, ”Lead them to the ocean. Something there will give you the edge you need to keep them busy and destroy many. It will keep you safe. I promise.”

She was earnest in her belief, and while whimsical and interpretive, Kara’s prophetic talents hadn’t failed them yet.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear looks up in alarm, "Have you forgotten what happened to Juno? Snatched off of the beach, presumably by the same force you're saying will protect Michael."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

”No…” Kara said with a sad smile, ”I haven’t forgotten what happened to Juno. I’ll be singing songs in her memory for the rest of my life, Bear. But…” The Cahalith paused, as if searching for the right words.

”Whatever is out there…in the ocean? It scared the Beshilu enough that they fled into New Bedford. They’re scared of whatever it is. Michael will be fine. The rats will be terrified, and disorganized and…I don’t believe the things in the deep will come and get involved. But their..like…proximity? That’ll be the edge he needs.”

She looked earnestly to her pack, a pleading tone in her voice.

”I can’t…explain it any better than that. But…I feel. I know it’s true.”

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Michael shrugs, seemingly not too concerned and says, "I mean, the warehouse is on the water, right. And Solomon did say before that they had fled the water's edge, chased off by something. I mean, I can always just come back here. It's warded and everything, and the Beshilu have made no attempt to come close to the Warehouse, as far as anyone knows."
    Show