New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Kara lolled her head to the side, sinking into Bear’s embrace as she silently continued to stare out over the horizon. The tears on her cheeks had begun to dry, but her body shivered with the aftershocks of her trip.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Sorry for the delay. We got another confirmed COVID 19 case at work and now we’re all in full isolation gear. I’m trying to get posts out in between patients. This is seriously out of control.

"Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Michael sits down on the other side of Kara and wordlessly wraps an arm around her shoulder.

(OOC: So do we want to play this out more or should I move things along?)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Sorry to hear that E. Stay safe.

Reggy was first to enter the Monolith and the last through it. It was typical, matters of the Spirit were seldom easy for him. While he might explain it away by being solidly rooted in practicalities that was simply a poor excuse for his lack of aptitude and application in improving.

Finding the pack already clustered together in mutual affection and support Solo did as he often did, he edged along the outskirts, looking out instead of in, ready to tear chunks out of anyone who might interrupt their tender moment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Seeing Solo arrive, Bear looks to him, "Lets get Kara back across, and then how about we go ahead and scout for our killing ground?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo nodded back to Bear but said nothing, his lips pressed firmly together and his jaw determinedly set, he did not yet trust himself enough to keep his opinions to himself and even he could tell Kara wasn't ready to hear them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Act III Scene i

" 'Twas in another lifetime, one of toil and blood
    When blackness was a virtue the road was full of mud
    I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form..."

-Shelter From the Storm, Bob Dylan

"All the better to eat you my dear"

-Little Red Riding Hood

By the time The Pack returned from the shadows with glassy eyed Kara in tow, no one had much energy for further work. Within the span of the day they had killed a fellow Uratha who had been corrupted by madness and raided a nest of Beshilu to obtain a vital weapon against He Who Obliterates Breathing.

The Wolf Blooded had done a good job of obtaining kitchen and laboratory equipment for making large batches of weaponized Bane, but the had some disturbing news to update the Uratha on. The UFP gang was suspected in a mass shooting at a playground just a few miles away from the factory. Five were dead and another four had been rushed to Saint Luke's Hospital. Though it was suspected to be related to gang on gang warfare, none of the victims appeared to be the members of any rival gang.

Furthermore, while the spread of Captain Drips had been halted over the last few days, and infection rates at the hospital were improving, there was now news of a new outbreak in the neighboring town of Tiverton.

However, it was agreed upon that the best plan of action would be to rest up, get started on the weaponized Bane and get back to work the following night with a number of potential plans of action. There was the locating of a "battle ground" at which to lure the Beshilu and He Who Obliterates Breathing. There was the need to discuss what to do with the Weaponized Bane, which would likely become a viscous liquid the consistency of maple syrup and a similar color based on test batches that Pine had been cooking up. It would be too thick for super soakers or spray bottles, but they could probably make gallons of it. There was also still the need to plant some of the remaining Tannis root in a new garden, to research the brown seeds recovered from Silent Fang's haven, and to fulfill the pack's promise to The Reveler.

There had been enough time in the interim for the Uratha to get a head start on work or take care of private matters (OOC: Each player may make one roll towards an extended task, such as continuing to purify the Death Locus or working on music for the band.)
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Solo would definitely want to investigate the Tiverton out break as soon as he hears of it. I'm guessing wits+streetwise?

Solo was among the first to wake, as he often was. As usually he had slept in wolf form, although his post outside Ciara's bedroom had been temporarily abandoned as he stood watch over Kara for the night. He awoke with razor sharp senses, ears twitching nose snuffing, before he even opened his eyes he knew who was awake already and where everyone was. Kara still smelt odd but her breathing and heartbeat were normal, he was in no position to judge these things but he guessed she would be fine.
    He got up and stretched out lazily, then shook out his fur. Increasingly he was waking up tired and going to sleep exhausted, it would be good to have a day or two of light work. He padded away from anyone still asleep before he transformed back into a man with the familiar horrific sound of bone and flesh breaking and remaking. Although he could transform silently the whole process became a lot more painful. It still hurt a lot, most would say it was a bad way to start the day, but Solo found it very effective, it woke you up like nothing else. Still, some coffee wouldn't hurt, he went to make a big pot of it ready for the rest of the pack's awakening
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Solomon was up even before Pine, and began preparing cheap coffee for the pack.

Surprisingly it was E who awoke first, though unsurprisingly she came from Michael's bedroom. She was wearing an oversized black Ramons tee shirt and a pair of black and purple flannel pajama bottoms. Her hair was tussled but her eyes were dead serious as she made her way to the large piece of rusted machinery that the pack had been using as a makeshift kitchen island. "Solomon," she said as she sat down at the table, "I'm glad I caught you." Her voice is a little tired, but very hesitant. "I don't want to be too big of a pain, but... well I'm getting pretty sick of just hanging around the factory. You promised you would have a job for me, and we'd go after those United Front gangsters."

(OOC: Wits + Streetwise would probably be a good way of talking to the locals about what had been happening, if that's how Solomon wants to go about it.)
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara’s sleep was deep as the ocean she had feared so readily during her acid trip. For once, the Cahalith did not dream in technicolor hallucinations, vivid and disturbing, and she awoke no worse for wear from her experience.

She had tried to capitalize on the vivid nature of the LSD trip to work some more on the song she’d been mulling over in her head since they’d first moved to New Bedford.

Show

Intelligence 2 + Expression 4 (+2 if Singing specialization applies to writing lyrics…)

(6d10)[8][10][6][5][6][1](36) + (2d10)[7][6](13)

Spoiler: Kara St.Claire Stat Box
    Show

Harmony: 8
    Willpower: 4/4
    Essence: 10/10
    Health: 7/7
    Beats/EXP: 4/2
    Tilts/Conditions: Steadfast
    Spoiler: Aspirations
    Show

Short Term 1: Better her relationship with the Reveler for the betterment of the Pack, the Reveler itself, and the band's career?
    Short Term 2A: To find a way to deal with her traumatic dream-prophesies.
    2B: To find out why Luna and her Lunes have taken such an interest in her.
    Long Term: To have the band become platinum-album Rock Legends.

Last edited by Erulasto; 2020-03-19 at 06:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo didn't respond instantly, handing her a steaming mug of coffee to cover the silence. His first thought was to tell her that she was a breeder now, far more valuable to the pack then a soldier. That was... unlikely to end well. Finally he settled on something and said it with a low voice and a small smile 'Don't tell Bear, I'll sniff around for them.'
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Sorry for double post
    Show

wits+streetwise:
    3+1
    (4d10)[1][9][4][7](21)
    10-again
    (4d10)[3][1][4][10](18)
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara got to work, putting together some lyrics that described he visions about the strange island with the glowing fire where the demon fish people lived. It wasn't perfect, but it was a good start.

(OOC: I'll give Kara a beat towards that Aspiration for this, but she will need to finish writing the song and bring it to the band ect).

E stares at Solomon blankly, then with a hint of frustration says, "Well, can I come?"

(OOC: Feel free to give me that roll. We are gonna be doing a bit of time warping here)
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Roll is above, sorry I forgot to include it in the initial post; One success

'Depends if you tell Bear' he said with an unfamiliar conspiratorial wink 'He's a big man to get around if he wants to be in your way.' E wasn't going to placated that easily though, 'I told you I'd find you a place E, have I ever given you reason to doubt me?'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2020-03-19 at 07:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Solomon is able to gather that the Tiverton outbreak began yesterday, and that they are bringing a lot of those patients back to St. Lukes. "It's interesting," a mother pushing a baby carriage tells Solomon, "they don't think the infection was brought by human travel, as New Bedford has been on lock down; no one allowed in or out of the city."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

'Vermin most likely' Solo said grimly 'Some things never change. I bet if you look about where the outbreak started you'll see plenty of rats. Where was that by the way?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ciara bursts out of her room, wearing nothing other than one of Bear's Black Sabbath tshirts. Its big enough to come down below her knees. Laughing, she gets chased down the hall by Bear in true wolf form as he playfully nips at her heel. They end up kissing next to the coffeemaker while Bear rubs her belly possessively. She's not showing yet, but the couple are definitely looking forward to it.

Later, after he's settled down a bit, Bear checks around to see what needs doing. In regards to Bane delivery, he mentions, "What about glass bottles we could throw? Or just water balloons? I seem to remember seeing arm mounted toy slingshots intended for water balloons, I bet we could fling a bunch of those things a fair distance that way."

Show
    Trying to think of something to do and drawing a blank here. Bear's not really suited to handle most of the things I think are most important.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-03-19 at 04:09 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC@All
    Show
    Please see my recent OOC post!!!

When Ciara and Bear come out of their room, clearly in the throws of romance, E casts Solomon a dramatically disgusted face and says, "Jeez, can't they keep that stuff a little private?" Of course her and Michael had been more than guilty recently of public displays of affection, though the irony was apparently lost on the young Wolf Blooded.

'Depends if you tell Bear' he said with an unfamiliar conspiratorial wink 'He's a big man to get around if he wants to be in your way.' E wasn't going to placated that easily though, 'I told you I'd find you a place E, have I ever given you reason to doubt me?'
    (OOC: Sorry I missed this)

Then under her breath and with a grin E says, "I promise I won't tell Bear if you won't, as long as I get to come along when you go after those thugs."

ater, after he's settled down a bit, Bear checks around to see what needs doing. In regards to Bane delivery, he mentions, "What about glass bottles we could throw? Or just water balloons? I seem to remember seeing arm mounted toy slingshots intended for water balloons, I bet we could fling a bunch of those things a fair distance that way."
    At this E's eyes light up and she says, "That would be bad ass, kinda like Werewolf molotov cocktails!"

In the evening Blaze set off back to the field with the Death Locus, littered with carcasses of small vermin and stranger things. He worked his rite, doing his best to shape the Essence that oozed from the locus into something more harmonious. At the end of rite, Blaze had to tamp his frustration. It was hard work, and would probably require a few more days of work. The Beshilu had badly infected the land, leaving the locus tainted and resonating with the stench of death.

The woman nods her head at Solomon's statement about the vermin. In response to his question she shrugs and says, "I'm not really sure. I've been stuck in New Bedford, just like you. I mean I heard rumors that it started with a church congregation, though I have no idea if that's accurate. I guess the hospital staff at St. Luke's would no more, not that they'd be talking given patient privacy and all that."

Show
    Surprisingly helpful and insightful advice from a random stranger
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

When Kara was done working on her song for the time being, she tucked her notepad away into her bag and slung it over her shoulder. Pulling on a pair of thick-soled boots, she ambled out of her room while combing her hair with her fingers.

It was time to get moving. See what the others were up to. See if anyone needed a hand with anything.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

'Thanks for your time, God bless.' Solo gives the woman a nod and goes on his way. It was high time he checked in on the hospital anyway, he hadn't been there since he saved it's hisil equivalent. If nothing else it would be good to see if the rats had abandoned the place.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing Bear and Ciara acting so cute it was painful, the Cahalith made her way over to them.

”Water balloons are my choice, y’know?” She grinned, ”But we might pop a few of them early and that wouldn’t be as good.”

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    So it seems that everyone except Bear/Daishain have had a chance to go after a personal goal, so I'm going to move things on. If you have not, please bring your character into the scene occurring among the pack (cough, TC).
    @Ladorak: If Solomon wants to go investigate the hospital, he can do it after the group has discussed. I think the NPC E is still awaiting Solomon's response.
    @Daishain: Just as an additional idea, you could consider pursuing the second spirit based Touchstone, which is an aspiration for all players.

E shrugs at Kara's reply and says, "But balloons may pop more easily than glass bottles." Then she gives her punk half-sneering grin and adds, "And besides, molotov cocktails would just be so much more kick ass."
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-03-24 at 08:47 AM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

Blaze entered from the back yard and dropped a pair of dirty gardening gloves on the counter.
    "We can do some of both," he said, "no telling what will work better. Any luck with crossbows or like... horse syringes? If we can get some pumping around that thing it might do more damage than just hitting the outside."

He smelled his hands, made a face, then proceeded to scrub them in the kitchen sink.

"Also, any luck finding a good spot to lure it to?" he asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear scratches his head, "That stuff's pretty thick, will it even go through a needle like that? And no, we haven't headed out for that just yet."

Show
    Okay, so personal spirit touchstone sounds like an option. Perhaps some sort of spirit of protection/endurance? Like an oak tree, or even Bear's namesake?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

”Yeah…” Kara said airily, ”You’re right E! Molotov’s are pretty damn metal!”

The Cahalith popped into the fridge, and grabbed a cold beer. Cracking the lid, she took a long swig and sighed.

”Would this stuff work by just dipping a knife or something in it? Like…coating it? Does it need to be wet still? What if it dried?”

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

E's grin spreads at Kara's support. When the Cahalith turns to grab a beer she says hesitantly, "Isn't it a little... never mind, Kara grab me one too!" She holds a hand out for a breakfast beer.

(OOC: Gonna let everyone keep chatting)

Spoiler: Bear
    Show
    In the afternoon after Kara's acid trip, Bear makes one last trip into the Hisil. The Rahu's mind was scattered. Much had been happening of late, and he knew he would need to ground himself better, both in The Flesh and in The Shadow. They would need stronger allies, and Bear would need someone, or something to help look after Ciara and their unborn child.

So Bear was endeavoring to find himself an ally... a spirit quest if you would... yeesh, perhaps Bear should have taken some of Kara's LSD.

(OOC: Lets start with either Int + Survival or Wits + Occult please)
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear reaches for a beer as well but after a look from Ciara, he shuts the fridge again. "Well, uh, we don't exactly know what will work best, and I don't think this thing will do a test on it and let us come back later for the big show. So how about we prep a little of everything? If something works better than others, hit it hard with that."

Show
    Bear tries to focus, to think on what sort of thing might be willing to help with his purpose.

Spirit journey, int+survival (4d10)[9][3][6][2](20)
    ten again (4d10)[7][3][5][5](20)
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-03-25 at 10:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: Bear
    Show
    Bear knew he had to first get away from the boat house (factory in the Flesh), and pushed off toward the forest. Though a number of days had passed since the fire started by Devouring Inferno, a cloud of cloying black smoke hung low among the charred hard trunks of the now defeated appearing trees. Bear needed a powerful spirit, something strong and resilient who he could rely on to protect his family, and this forest stunk of defeat and death though thankfully not of the decay and rot brought on by the Beshilu.

Bear pushed forward, and as despair set in, he finally came across the scent of something organic, something strong. If one had asked him, Bear would have been completely unable to name what it was he was chasing. Bear began to follow the scent

The black smoke obscured Bear's vision and clouded the scent trail, and several times the Uratha lost the scent. It took Bear far longer than he liked to find his quarry, and several times he was certain that he was running in circles, but after nearly two hours of hunting Bear came upon a clearing in the woods.

The first thing Bear saw were glowing red eyes towering above the ground, flashing out in the smoke induced darkness. Then there was the growl, a threat against approaching any closer. Bear was unable to see more than the great red eyes, but this spirit must have been massive, maybe over ten feet tall, and he could feel the power of Essence pushing out from the spirit.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

'The trick will be cutting off it's escape. The way that thing moves, as big as it is, that limits our options even in the labyrinth. We'll find you somewhere, me and Bear, don't worry about that.' He eyes E and Kara for a moment before he adds 'It will be good to get this done, so we can start dealing with everything else. I'm fed up of the smell of rats and sickness.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2020-03-26 at 05:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I'm wondering about something of a wounded duck gambit. That thing was willing to pursue us into the material world before. Why not lure it into doing so again? Let it chase a few of our pack from the labyrinth to an open field, away from where the gauntlet is weak enough for it to cross over and retreat that way. The rest of the pack, including the wolfbloods, can be there waiting with its bane." Bear avoids looking at Ciara, not sure if he'll be able to keep her and the pup away from this.

Show
    Bear stops, but does not retreat, standing tall as he confronts the spirit before him. "I am John Vanders, known as Bear by most, of the Anchor Wolves. Might I have the honor of knowing you great spirit?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo opens his mouth, then frowns as he closes it once again. For a few seconds his brow is furrowed in thought, then he looks about the warehouse and out to the sea. He growls softly to himself and returns his attention to the others 'Tell me if this sounds crazy, but we could do it here. Given what we know about the ocean we should be relocating anyway. I've already turned this place into a deathtrap, it's nice and quiet at night and it's right next to the Locus. We can hang Blaze's holy water everywhere and bring the roof down on the thing. Peqoud can help us in exchange for his freedom, prevent it from returning to the hisil, no sense in binding him to an ruin. Then, when it's covered in Bane and obstructed by rubble, we'll have an easy time getting our hits in.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2020-03-26 at 05:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show