1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Bear nods, "Sounds good to me."

Spoiler: Immovable Hunter.
    Show
    "Very well, I shall return shortly."

Bear will at an appropriate time seek out a variety of honey in the material world, some cheaper than others. He'll try to use them to gauge just how picky of an eater his new spirit friend was when it came to honey. If it would guzzle down the cheap stuff just as readily, so much the better.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

”You boys want some company?” Kara asked, perhaps a little hopefully. There was so much mischief she’d get into on her own, by happenstance or by choice. After her shenanigans with the LSD the day prior, the Cahalith thought it best to try and curb her more impulsive tendencies a little bit.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: BEAR
    Show
    We'll call the scene here, and that will net Bear a beat. I'll give it to you now,, up to 3 beats

(OOC: Just to be clear, the pack is going to go to the nursery now to get flowers, or am I missing something in the fog of working 10 days straight. And TC, my apologies. I of course did mean Blaze)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-04-08 at 04:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear looks to Solo and shrugs, "Sure, why not? Let's see what we can find."

He digs around and grabs a box full of different jars of honey, "I need to make a side trip, it shouldn't take long though, and my new friend might even have some insight on where we need to be looking."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    bear, Solo, and Kara are going scouting for an appropriate battle site. If they can find a field of lavender or something similarly problematic for obliterates breathing, great, if not, just trying to find a strategically worthwhile location
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

”Sure thing!” Kara said with a smile as she polished off the rest of her beer and set the can into the recycling bin. Juno would have had a fit if she’d left it anywhere else, and the thought of that brought a pang of sadness to Kara. But she pushed it down and grabbed her bag.

”Lead on oh fearless leader!”

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bit of a guess but wits+survival
    3+2
    (5d10)[4][4][4][1][7](20)
    10again
    (5d10)[4][1][2][1][6](14)

Solo led the pack from afar, ranging far and wide of the group. Oh it was good to do this again! To be simply a wolf, to sniff the air and follow the trail, to immerse yourself totally in your senses and simply be. He had almost lost himself to it once but he would never lose his love for that feeling.
    He led them away from the beach and the smell and taste of salt, up into the hills where the air was crisp and the lines of sight good. He walked with the breeze, constantly snuffing the air.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Solomon, Bear and Kara set off in search of a natural source of lavender. But in the broad daylight, it was not easy to walk the streets of New Bedford, even along the coast line, without having to worry about prying eyes. Even sticking to the few wooded paths, and rocky regions untraveled by most humans, there was little to find. So close to the sea, the lands seemed barren of almost everything but weeds and pickled thistles.

It was only by following their noses that the Uratha were led inland, back to a large man-made nursery labeled "Sloat Garden". The big wooden sign out front depicted a man knelt over a patch of flowers. The majority of the property was covered in big tarp tents. The scent of lavender and hundreds of others of types of flower filled the air here.

While the others departed on their hunt, Blaze traveled back to the monolithic peer locus, and pushed his way across the Gauntlet into the Hisil. The Essence of the Uratha's territory had come closer into harmony. A more organized flitting of sea and scavenger spirits hung around the locus. And it was not long till Blaze came upon his quarry, King Sky Hunter.

The massive falcon spirit soared lazily and low in the sky, diving to pick off lesser spirit prey at its leasure. With golden brown feathers, and glowing yellow eyes, King Sky Hunter was a sight to behold. On Blaze's arrival, the spirit allowed itself to spiral downwards, and land before the Uratha. The bird said nothing, choosing to instead preen its feathers and wait for Blaze to begin.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara spent much of the trip on the way to the lavender fields with her phone out, snapping pictures here and there. Of their surroundings, and her companions. A few of them were posted to the bands Instagram page, and a couple making their way to her twitter and Facebook as well. If they were going to be stopped at all, it would serve them well to have something of a cover story.

Which, simply put, was that some of the band were trying to stretch their legs and take some time to explore their new city away from the fuss of putting on shows or writing music.

When they finally found Sloat Garden, Kara took a deep breath and smiled.

”Smells nice, y’know?”

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Greetings great king sky hunter,” Blaze said, “I hope the hunt goes well and your prey are numerous and filling.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo enjoyed it when Kara took out her phone camera. It gave him something to avoid as he prowled around, it kept him sharp keeping out of the camera's line of sight as he plowed through the wilderness. He was disappointed when their path brought them back into town, so much for his tracking expertise 'Ok folks you know what to do. Spread out and find those flowers.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The great spirit lifts its head from its preening to casually remark, "Greeting Blaz, Ithauer of the Anchor Wolves.The hunting has been better of late." This was perhaps the closest thing to a compliment that an Uratha could expect from a spirit. "You strode here with purpose," Sky Hunter says, locking its golden eyes with Blaze's, "you were hunting to speak with me?"

(OOC: Just to triple check, as Ladorak described traveling in wolf form... what form are the three Uratha taking?)

The nursery is about a square mile of property, the majority located under the massive tarp tents. Tables are laid out, covered in small potted plants, or seed packets, or bags of soil and manure. It's mostly wealthy Dartmouth locals, dressed in jeans and down vests, or turtleneck sweaters as they casually sift through the rows of tables.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Sorry, just to clarify solo was in wolf form, but returned to human when they reentered the urban area
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

When the Uratha enter Sloat in human form, they are quickly greeted by a girl, maybe in her late teens with a navy Red Socks cap on and a dirty white blouse tucked into well worn jeans, tucked into heavy work boots. She gives the group a friendly smile and says, "May I help you find anything today?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Yes, great one,” Blaze replied, “we Anchor Wolves will soon take action to destroy He Who Obliterated Breathing. When we spoke last, you also seemed to share our sentiment, that this spirit upsets the natural balance, which must be restored. Would you be willing to coordinate your strength with ours to destroy or banish it?”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara snapped a few final pictures, mostly of herself this time with the Sloat Garden in the background, and tucked her phone away when the young employee approached them. She hadn’t been fortunate enough to catch any real pictures of Solo – he was always lurking just outside of her field of view – but resigned herself. That was typical Solo.

”Yes, hi!” Kara said brightly. ”We’re looking for a few flowers. I’d love some lillies, if you have them. Oh! And lavender!”

Show

Presence 4 + Socialize 3 (+2 if Striking Looks applies)

(7d10)[1][1][7][3][9][8][9](38) + (2d10)[10][2](12)

EDIT: 10 Again in OOC thread.

Last edited by Erulasto; 2020-04-17 at 12:32 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The bird stops its preening, to turn its head sideways and glare at Blaze with its yellow eyes. It clucks its serrated beak and then says, "Your pack has allied itself with the vineyard spirit since we have last spoken." It's tone is dismissive, perhaps even slightly offended. "Tell me Uratha Blaze, why did you choose such a spirit as your totem?" the bird asks, the question equal parts accusation and jealousy.

The girl chuckles at Kara, seemingly delighted by the the influencer's smile and antics. "Oh we've got plenty of those," the girl says beaming, "They are just over here. How much are you looking to purchase?" The girl begins to lead Kara and whomever follows down the isles of potted plants, past a long table of alien looking succulents.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear looks around, the picture of a man dragged out to flower shopping by a young woman way more enthusiastic than he was. His attention's not really on the flowers though. He's looking for security, how far off any nearby witnesses might be after hours, that sort of thing.

At some point he'll tell Solo in a low voice, "This place could work, I bet more than just the lavender here would bother the plague king. We'd cause a lot of property damage though, best not to risk being identified as being anywhere near here when it happens."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo nodded 'I didn't want to take that thing in an urban area, but this does look good... We'll have to trust' He crossed his arms across his chest and scanned the area around them 'I'm not an expert but... Chamomile, milk thistle, feverfew, plus the lavander. Probably others like you say. Enough to make a ring.' He pointed toward a glorious purple bouquet and then toward the fence 'If we move that and cut a hole in the fence we can clear a path for it and lead it in, then close the path behind it.' He cleared his throat and chose his next words very carefully 'We'll need every claw at that point. One of the wolfbloods will have to cut off it's retreat, do you... have any thoughts on who?'
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bear looks around, and as far as he can tell there is practically no security. This place is little more than a few tents and fluorescent lights strung up in a field, and was clearly a local mom and pop operation. There were no cameras, and no guards... except for a pair of ancient looking German Shepards who lay in the grass at the corner of the tent, who stat sniffing curiously in the direction of the group of Uratha, ears pricked.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear says, "Michael might not like it, but it would probably be tough to keep E from volunteering anyways. She's tough, ought to be able to handle it, at least as long as we do our part."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“We’re in a band, man,” Blaze replied, as if that explained everything, “you’re stronger than that guy for sure, but I didn’t think you liked us that much. Why, interested?”
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The bird spirit pulls its serrated beak out from between its feathers, and shakes, ruffling out its coat casually, creating a wind chime affect with the thousands of harpoon tips and fishing hooks that dangle from the spirit like an absurd christmas tree. "Interested?" King Sky Hunter asks in an overly dramatic display of offense, "Me? No. I just thought it was a... an odd choice when you had such better options."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"Yeah, didn't think so," Blaze said, "but you know, he's gonna be there for this big fight against He Who Obliterates Breathing, so... maybe there'll be an opening in the band afterwards if you change your mind. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to help take this thing down too. I know you don't like 'im, and if he wins, there's gonna be no good essence left around here, all plague spirits and nothing else."

"Not to mention if we lose, I'll be dead too, and I know how you'll miss our little chats," Blaze added.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-04-19 at 11:02 AM.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara meandered off with the young sales associate, still smiling brightly and chatting amicably with her. Hopefully this would allow Solo and Bear to get the lay of the land and formulate a workable plan. The Cahalith would keep the staff occupied for the moment.

”Oh, I’m not really sure. I’d like to set some planters up around the house, y’know? Liven it up a bit! Me and my friends are in a band and we’re, like, pretty new to town. Our place is so drab!” Kara said, hands moving excitedly as she explained everything to the young woman. ”We might need to do a few trips as we…like…try and figure out what’ll look the best. What time do you close down for the night?”

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The bird spirit seems to inhale, its chest expanding and feathers puffing up to the tinkling of iron on iron. "Perhaps I am better at hunting the Essence I need than you thing Uratha," King Fisher says proudly. It adds, "This is not my fight, though you will undoubtedly need my help. What would be in it for me if I did help?" The spirit ***** its aqualine skull at Blaze, a single golden eye staring greedily at him.

The store girl seems absolutely captivated by Kara, and follows her away from the other Anchor Wolves. She hangs on the Cahalith's every word, and anxiously shows her different plants in an attempt to impress or please her.

Spoiler: OOC@Erulasto, Daishain and Ladorak
    Show
    Where are we at with this scene? Do we need more time?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo nodded to Bear's reply and said nothing more. In his mind he was trying to find a diplomatic way of asking Bear about keeping Ciara safe, but the words wouldn't come.

Show
    I'm good to move on
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Preoccupied with thoughts of keeping Ciara out of this mess, Bear nods back at Solo, not wanting to discuss his concerns for his mate. After all he couldn't compromise the pack much less the mission...

Show
    Yep, unless there's something else here to discover or observe, I'm good with moving on as well. Bear was going to go ahead and deliver that honey to Immovable Hunter, bring the others along for that?

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Eventually, Kara bought a few small plants for around the warehouse. Nothing overly fancy; a few lilies, an orchid, and of course a few springs of lavender. All this was done with the promise that she’d return and pick up more as soon as the rest of her band had decided what they were after.

Kara also signed the cashier’s copy of her receipt. One never knew when an autograph would be valuable to someone.

With a wave, she headed back to Solo and Bear and offered a few of the plants to her packmates to carry with a charming grin.

Show

I’m good to move along as well, and Kara will come with Bear if she’s welcome.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bear returns to the Hisil forest, accompanied by Kara (and perhaps Solomon?). The pack had stopped off at the grocery store to pick up as much honey as they could carry. The Uratha had made a strange sight at the near empty grocery store, a group of punk rockers buying large quantities of honey. Though the spread of Captain Drips had slowed in New Bedford, the woman at the register was even wearing a face mask!

As the group approached Immovable Hunter's den, there came a ground shaking growl. The rumbling was low and threatening, but powerful enough to sway the boughs of the trees and shake down hundreds of strange spirit leaves and needles. From within the miasma of dark Hisil fog a pair of large glowing red eyes shine, the eyes of a territorial Immovable Hunter.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear stands tall, calling out, "Greetings once more Immovable Hunter. These are two of my packmates, Kara and Solo. I have brought the sweet honey you requested, are you prepared to seal this agreement?"

Show
    Spending the xp necessary to make IM's status as Bear's spirit anchor official.