New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Bear nods, satisfied for now, "All right then, thank you Doctor Cho. Can we get a few copies of those ultrasound images?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Michael nods his head, grinning with clear satisfaction. "Cool," he says cheerfully, "uh, thanks for including me." He leans forward to wipe some dust off of the knees of his jeans. Then looking up, Michael asks, "So should we try to track down Sky Hunter and let him know we're finished, or will he just know?" The pup's use of gender for the spirit is a grating mistake to Blaze; it was common to assign a gender to spirits, but that was folly. It was a mortal hang up to try to assign masculine or feminine traits to things that were so alien to the world of flesh.

(OOC: Not sure if there's more you want to do here, or if we should move on to rolling and the next scene)

"Sure," Dr. Cho says flatly, "I can have my assistant print out copies of the Ultrasound." She finishes cleaning Ciara up, and invites her to come down off of the examination table.

(OOC: Not sure if there's more you want to do here, or if we should move on to rolling and the next scene)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Hey man, you were a big help,” Blaze said, “yeah, we should let KSH know, courtesy you know?”

Spoiler
    Show
    incan move on or talk to KSH, depends on how the other scenes are progressing.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear keeps quiet as the visit wraps up, paying off whatever portion of the bill the insurance didn't cover. There was always something left over...

When they finally have a private moment again, he hugs Ciara tightly, "Its going to be okay. Weird stuff happens in our bloodlines, but that doesn't mean this is a problem."

"So, lets assume our pup is growing faster than normal. Three months worth in a few weeks? If I remember right, natural wolves gestate in about two months, so that sounds about right for there to be a connection. Lets get in touch with one of our own healers, ask about what they know of this sort of thing, we can't be the first ones to have a fast growing kid."

He smiles with a confidence he doesn't quite feel. "And hey, look at the bright side, it looks like you might be done with the whole pregnancy thing a lot faster than most moms have to deal with."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC @ TC
    Show
    I think Daishain wants to play out his scene just a little longer, so let's play this out just a little.

Michael follows Blaze across the Gauntlet. The pup seems to have a harder time of it, and the passage sideways takes him nearly a minute after Blaze arrives in the miasmic world of spirits and shadows.

Despite the relatively calm weathers in the Flesh, a storm is blowing through the Hisil and massive bullets of rain pound against Blaze and Michael as bolts of blue lighting erupt overhead. The rain is almost hot, but the storm has its own natural beauty. It is fierce and unrelenting, charged with the energies that Blaze and Michael had poured into their ritual, and the wind howls like the triumphant call of Father Wolf.

Overhead, a flock of falcon spirits soar in loping spirals along gales of shuddering wind. Their shrieking cries can be heard over the din of storm, Old Tongue words of thanks and respect. But their calls are drowned out by the mighty beating of King Sky Hunter's wings, and the jingling of the many fishing hooks and harpoon tips that hang from the spirit's massive body.

The great spirit lands on the docks before Blaze and Michael, and it lowers its head, bending low as it splays its wings out wide over the ground in a strangely human like bow. "You honor me with your choices, Uratha Blaze. Your powers ripple through the Hisil and my chorus already grows stronger."

Ciara nods her head at Bear's words, but he can see that she is searching his eyes looking for the confidence there to take her reassurance. "Are you sure," she asks hesitantly, grabbing hold of Bear's hand and squeezing it tightly. She was scared, and she was desperate, and Bear could not afford to show her any weakness.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Give me a Presence + Persuasion/Subterfuge roll depending on whether Bear means what he says.

Before he can even reply, or perhaps even trying to cut Bear of in embarrasment, Ciara says, "Would you reach out to someone? Would Blaze know? I just... I just want everything to be okay."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"We can try Blaze, but I think the best he might be able to do there is point us at the people we need to be asking instead. But yes, let's reach out." He looks at Ciara, clasping both of her hands, "Whatever comes, we will face it together."

Bear gets a big grin, "Besides, if there's anything we can bet on between the two of us, its that our kid is one hell of a fighter, and they're not going down easily if there is some sort of problem."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    presence+persuade (4d10)[8][7][10][2](27)
    ten again (4d10)[7][1][9][2](19)
    I'm fine with wrapping this scene up whenever others are ready to move on.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-06-20 at 08:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"It's a fair exchange for the help you've given us so far, and your commitment to work together to destroy He Who Obliterates Breathing," Blaze said, "mighty King Sky Hunter, let us tell you of our plan to defeat the plague lord."

Blaze proceeds to lay out their plan for the spirit, including how and where KSH enters into it.

"If you have any additional knowledge which might help defeat this adversary, we would hear it now and take it under counsel," Blaze said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bear's words do seem to buoy Ciara's confidence. A smile spreads across her lips, and she squeezes Bear's hand again. "That sounds good," she says, "let's start by talking with Blaze then."

The two walk back to their car, to return back to the dock.

Show
    We'll end here. I'm giving Bear a beat for the interlude scene, and would give him WP for protecting his touchstone... but he's already got a full pool. Please see my post in the OOC thread.

King Sky Hunter rises from his bow to gaze at Michael and Blaze. The spirit's expression is less haughty than usual though, and it replies, "I have seen many of the nests created by the Beshilu, and many of the tunnels they have burrowed into The Gauntlet. I would be happy to provide you with this information, though I don't know how you might factor it into your plan. " The spirit steps forward, hopping on reptilian clawed feet to actually approach Michael. It turns its head sideways, twisting on its long avian neck, causing metal hooks to jingle along its pelt. "But perhaps I could offer a more useful service to your companion. I can send my flocklings to aide and protect this one, if he is truly brave and foolish enough to guide the Beshilu away from your hunting grounds." King Sky Hunter turns its head to Blaze, awaiting his approval.

Show
    I'm going to give Blaze a point here as we get near the close of this interlude. Please reply to confirm, and also see the OOC thread
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Act III Scene ii

“The wind doesn't scratch at doors... or whine to be let in.”
    ― Stephen King, Cycle of the Werewolf

Finishing their first ritual, Michael followed Blaze through the Hisil out to the desolate valley of the Death Locus. Though Blaze had spent much time shaping the Essence in this area, there was still something entropic and haunting about how the spirit energies flowed in this place. Both the Gauntlet and the Hisil were still sick here, weakened and scarred by the Beshilu that had been driven out from the golf course.

Of course, things had improved thanks to Blaze's back breaking work here. The mud filled swamp had dried up and shrunk to near half its size, and there was no longer the upsetting planar overlap that Blaze had first noticed, where the world of Flesh could practically be seen by allowing one's vision to relax. Still, there was almost no life here, no flittering of spirits, no flow of Essence.

Michael tried to keep up with Blaze, as he waded through the muck littered with clods of mud and rat carcasses (remnants of when the Anchor Wolves had tricked Towering Inferno to trap and incinerate a massive hoard of Beshilu that was chasing Kara... and then Blaze had called on a pack of storm spirits to wash out the fire spirit and the blaze he was creating). But the flow of Essence was so stunted here that the Beshilu corpses were practically preserved in the mud, not rotting away or dissolving as was the normal cycle of Essence in The Hisil.

The locus still appeared as a small island of Beshilu carcasses in the center of this murky lake. The waters around the locus churned producing a brackish green foam billowing up into a gathered pyre of rodent bones and burned pelts twisting their forms to create a simulacrum of a giant rat skull that seemed to leer down at the Uratha. Every step closer to the Locus drew another wave of nausea from Blaze. This place was still loathsome. This place was damnable, an abomination of the Hisil, and the laws of nature.

Spoiler: OOC@TC
    Show
    So Blaze can use his Resonance Shaper merit, which requires an extended action with Manipulation + Occult, but he gets the 9 again for this I believe. Blaze has made two goes at this already, banking a total of 4 successes. He needs a total of 10 successes.

Michael is here to assist. I will roll for him, and any successes he gains add extra D10s to Blaze's Dice pool (too bad he doesn't have occult though) (1d10)[9](9)

EDIT: Wow, so Michael actually manages to add an extra dice to Blaze's pool

Once Bear and Ciara returned from their doctor's appointment, they were swarmed by the Wolf blooded, who wanted to hear everything about their visit. Ciara and Bear did their best to put on brave faces, and the others seemed none the wiser.

Once Ciara was settled, Bear decided he was going to set out on his own personal mission. He had decided that just as it was useful to have the falcon spirit, King Sky Hunter, on their side in the Hisil, it would be beneficial to capture and tame a few bird of prey in the Flesh; winged pack members who could lend their powerful eyes to The Hunt, and to the maintenance of the pack's territory.

(OOC: I guess lets start with Wits + Survival to find a suitable bird of prey, and lets make it at -2 since Bear will have to track down a bird that can fly away from him?)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-06-29 at 10:37 AM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

While working on the Locus, Blaze gives a running commentary of what he's doing and why, hoping that Michael will pick something up. The kid wants to learn? Let him learn.

The locus had to be purified, that was a given. Whether they could do it before the fight with He Who Obliterates? That was another question...

Spoiler
    Show
    resonance shaper: wisdom + occult +1 (7d10)[5][3][4][9][7][5][9](42)
    9 again: (7d10)[2][5][10][1][1][4][6](29)
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear sits in a chair, hunched over Ciara's tiny laptop. He had decided to read through various websites on birds in the area, and ghosted on a few birdwatcher forums. He wanted to have at least some idea of where and what to look for before wandering around town.

When done with the research, he heads off for the outskirts of town to begin the hunt.

Show
    If it helps at all, prefacing with Int/Wis (same either way)+Computers (3d10)[10][8][1](19)
    Wits+survival+hunting specialty-2 (3d10)[4][8][10](22)
    ten again (3d10)[7][3][9](19)

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze walked Michael through the act of Resonance shaping. Blaze of course channeled his abilities through the performance of music. As the Uratha's playing pushed and kneaded at the sucking deathly Essence that drooled out of the death locus, Michael watched with wide eyed amazement. The brackish waters around the pile of corpses churned and boiled to the rhythm of Blaze's playing. The clotted dark purple chunks of Essence began to loosen like melting icicles, bleeding small rivulets that stained the muddy waters. And as the Essence fed into the marsh, the water's edge began to pull back, revealing rich fertile soils.

As Blaze worked, the locus itself seemed to shrink and wither. Though the Gauntlet was still unforgivably thin in this place, the locus' corrupting influence was slowly fading. Several of the burned and fused Beshilu corpses began to deflate and disintegrate; some burst open with loud pops.

The act of shaping was incredibly strenuous. Blaze wasn't just playing music, her was channeling his very energies through the music. Almost immediately, he began panting and his muscles began to ache furiously, as if he were trying to continuously hold a car over his head. As he pushed forward, the capillaries in his nose began to burst with the psychic strain, causing metallic gushes of blood to pour down into his mouth.

Finally, Blaze's body gave out, after what seemed like hours of playing (though it was hard to tell just how time ebbed and flowed in The Hisil). When he stopped, Michael began to clap and hoot furiously, clearly impressed if not awe struck by Blaze's work.

Show
    Despite the dice pool, Blaze gets only 2 more successes, bringing him up to 6/10 successes needed. Everything was just flavor, but I hope it was appreciated. Blaze also gains one beat for his personal aspiration, and gains one beat for all active characters towards securing the pack's territory.

Blaze and Bear's character boxes have been updated.

Show
    Bear gets a total of four successes on his hunt for a bird of prey, using the additional dice I Rolled in the OOC thread.

Bear's research had led him to believe that the best course of action was either to set off into the waters to reach a hawk during its fishing, or alternatively to set out to the nearby cliffs, where the local birds of prey were most likely to roost.

Knowing he would need all his animal cunning if he were to catch, Bear chose to take his Urhan form and set off for some of the low cliffs off the coast of New Bedford. It was nearly early afternoon by the time he had finished his computer research, but it only took about 45 minutes for the Rahu to make it out to his destination; a set of grey rocks hanging over the crashing waters near Fort Taber.

He stuck to the shadows, padding softly across the cold wet rocks, and without too much effort, he followed the musty scent of raptors to wind around a cliff face, where he came across a darkly feathered male peregrine falcon, who stood over a nest of dark tan eggs.

Despite Bear's lupine nature, the falcon did not immediately fly away, though it did rise to its feet, puff out its chest, and turn its head sideways; not sure what to do with the interloper. The bird shrieked at Bear, opening its yellow beak wide, revealing its small pink sharp tongue.

Show
    I leave it up to you as to how Bear proceeds, though I assume you will want to start the Pack Kin Gift, which requires a point of Essence and a roll of Presence + Animal Ken + Purity, with a goal of five successes, and each attempt taking 30 minutes. Looking at Bear's pool, I will have you roll if that is okay, as it will determine how much Essence he burns.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear sits on his haunches to show peaceful intent as he tries to communicate in terms the bird would understand. "Proud hunter of the wind, I greet you. I am sure you have noticed the taint threatening these lands. It threatens my young, as well as yours. I would offer safe shelter for you, your mate, and your young, in exchange for your help driving away the taint. Your mastery of the air is astonishing, you can see so much that me and my kind would miss."

Show
    Going to go ahead and roll for two attempts and see where that leaves me, going ahead and spending 1 WP on the first roll
    attempt 1 (9d10)[3][5][4][2][1][3][3][10][2](33)
    attempt 2 (6d10)[7][9][4][9][1][1](31)
    ten again (6d10)[5][7][2][9][8][4](35)
    Hmm, not great luck there...
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-06-30 at 07:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Perhaps it had been a long long time sine Bear had last enacted this sacred Uratha gift. He had stayed crouched in front of the falcon for what seemed like an eternity, locking eyes with the bird. The Rahu poured his Essence into the battle of wills, trying his best to ignore the gradual aching of his muscles, and the stiffness in his neck as he worked to dominate the seemingly indomitable falcon.

Finally, the sun already setting, the falcon lowers its head, bending in a bow of submission to Bear.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"Thanks man," Blaze said, those two words about all he could muster at the moment, "imma go pass out for a while now. This place is a mess, we're gonna have to come back tomorrow if we can."
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear sighs as the Falcon acquiesces. He finishes tying off the bind between himself and the creature. "Welcome to the pack. You should meet with the others as well. Shall we go see them when your mate returns to watch the nest?"

Show
    Don't forget Bear has Beast Talker as well, so they can carry on a conversation, subject to ST's judgement on the creature's ability to understand certain concepts. Should probably bind the mate as well, but later, already spent a good bit of essence on this.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Michael nods, wiping sweat from his own brow and says, "Sounds like a plan man. I'mt still not used to being in the Hisil so long. Still kinda gives me the willies."

Blaze leads Michael back out of the valley, their foot falls heavy, dragged down by fatigue and the calcific weight of Essence still clotting this Death locus. But as the two depart, Blaze can appreciate the flutter of some nearby field spirits, cautiously approaching the now shrinking swamp.

Show
    I'm happy to move things on to another 'scene', if there's something you want Blaze to do after his nap.

The falcon bobs its head in an almost human nod of affirmation.

It is not much longer before a sharp screech fills the air. The red light of the setting sun disappears for a moment in the swirling silhouette of another mighty avian hunter. The female circles up above, perhaps cautious of the lupine intruder to her nest, but Bear's new companion hops up to the ledge, flapping its wings lazily and looses a reply shriek, saying something like 'it's okay. All safe.

The female's circles tightens as she slowly descends, landing between her mate and Bear. She is larger with a more uniformly brown pelt and a beak that is more grey than yellow. She squawks at Bear, stretching out her wings in a show of authority. But the male falcon flaps his wings, taking to the air to hover over his mate and Bear, and chirps a couple of times, telling Bear to go, so that he might follow the Uratha to his nest.

Show
    My bad, I did not see that you had Beast Talker. I was actually supposed to give you some bonus dice on your taming roll as a result. I'll float you back one Essence, just in case the extra dice would have helped Bear on this.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear respectfully backs away from the female, not wishing to agitate her further. He sets off back towards town. When getting close, he'll call the following falcon in before changing back to his human form, to make sure the animal understands and accepts that he's still the same person.

At some point he'll talk about what he's hoping for from this arrangement, "We'd like you to keep an eye on the area. We'll let you know where the bounds of our territory are, as well as what to look for. If there is ever an issue we can help with for you and yours, just ask. We can easily get you fresh fish and the like if this stuff takes time away from your hunting for instance."

When they get back to the harbor, Bear makes the introductions as best he can, taking special care to keep his packmates from making the animal uncomfortable. They might have a bond, but it was still a wild animal, not a pet.

Show
    If reasonable to do so on the way home, Bear would make a trip to a Locus and try to replenish essence.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-07-03 at 07:23 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The falcon remains relatively low in the sky, soaring lazily on gales of sea breeze. It offers squawks of approval and affirmation as Bear speaks. Fortunately, the cliffs off of Fort Taber are relatively empty. The sun is near set and the sky is quickly darkening from the dark red color of drying blood to the clotted purple of a bad bruise. Every once and a while the waves crash on the rocks, and for a second Bear thinks he can hear something cresting the water's surface to follow him home, though of course every time Bear looks there is nothing there.

The moon is shining a pale yellow in the sky when Bear finally makes it home. It's mostly the wolf blooded home, and most seem curious if not wary about Bear's new companion, who has landed on the now Hishu formed Uratha's shoulder. Ciara is the first to really approach the falcon, which is calm and gentle enough to let the woman reach out and pet it's shiny brown feathers.

(OOC: Can we give a name to the falcon?)
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Keeping still to avoid the falcon's incredibly sharp claws digging in any further, Bear keeps his face still. The cuts might heal swiftly, but they still hurt dammit. "This one has agreed to scout on our behalf. We might need to come up with some way for him to leave simple messages if he comes here and I'm not present to translate."

He looks to the falcon, asking, "By the way, do you have any preference on how we refer to you?"

Show
    Drawing a blank on a name personally.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The falcon squawks lazily, the meaning something like, "My kind don't need to refer to each other by name," but then he turns his head to side quizzically and adds, "Call me Brown Tail."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

Blaze woke up the next morning still tired and sore but at least somewhat rested after struggling against the locus' energy the day before. After chowing down on some ham and eggs, he set about setting up a garden to plant the tanis root. If they weren't going to go after Obliterates right away or if the Plague lord somehow got away, they needed to have a supply as backup.

He started by marking off where he wanted the garden to be, then set about making some purchases. His plan was to embed some 2x6's into the ground as the border, lay down some topsoil, set up some rows, and finally cover the whole thing with wire mesh to keep the critters out. He wasn't sure how far he could get today but he wouldn't be searching out any more loci until this resonance hangover he had was gone.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze walks out into the back with the reserved tannis roots, and some gardening equipment, but is discouraged to find that in the back of the warehouse, everything is concrete, up to the dock which is of course made of wood.

The immediate frustration is quickly wiped by surprise when a voice chimes up from behind him. "Looking to get some gardening done?" Pine asks with a **** eating grin on her face. The green haired Wolf Blooded is lounging in a neon blue folding camping chair, a big mug of coffee in one hand, and a Kindle in the other. She takes a noisy slurp of coffee, before saying, "I imagin it's gonna be pretty hard without any soil." She takes a second equally unapologetic slurp, before putting both objects down and standing from her chair to approach Blaze. "You'll be glad to know," she says still grinning, "Chris and I actually found a couple of long ceramic planters in the back of the warehouse a couple of days ago. We were gonna tell you, but I guess it just kinda slipped the old noggin." She points a finger over at a small concrete storage unit sitting behind the main warehouse. Pine turns back to Blaze and says, "If you don't mind, I would be happy to help out. I kinda have a bit of a green thumb." Ironically, she points at her short messy mop of neon green hair, and her grin grows even wider.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Blaze walks out into the back with the reserved tannis roots, and some gardening equipment, but is discouraged to find that in the back of the warehouse, everything is concrete, up to the dock which is of course made of wood.

The immediate frustration is quickly wiped by surprise when a voice chimes up from behind him. "Looking to get some gardening done?" Pine asks with a **** eating grin on her face. The green haired Wolf Blooded is lounging in a neon blue folding camping chair, a big mug of coffee in one hand, and a Kindle in the other. She takes a noisy slurp of coffee, before saying, "I imagin it's gonna be pretty hard without any soil." She takes a second equally unapologetic slurp, before putting both objects down and standing from her chair to approach Blaze. "You'll be glad to know," she says still grinning, "Chris and I actually found a couple of long ceramic planters in the back of the warehouse a couple of days ago. We were gonna tell you, but I guess it just kinda slipped the old noggin." She points a finger over at a small concrete storage unit sitting behind the main warehouse. Pine turns back to Blaze and says, "If you don't mind, I would be happy to help out. I kinda have a bit of a green thumb." Ironically, she points at her short messy mop of neon green hair, and her grin grows even wider.
    Blaze

Spoiler
    Show
    FYI Blaze is usually too stoned to get frustrated.

"Eh, I guess it'll do in a pinch," Blaze replied, "we're gonna need an actual garden at some point. Gotta keep the spirits happy and I promised to plant these bad boys."
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Well, we got bags of soil back there as well," Pine says with a chuckle, "though I don't really know what all that was doing back there." She steps forward and thumps Blaze on the back, saying, "Now creating an actual garden back here is gonna require some construction work, which means money, time and all that. You guys are probably gonna have to get a lot busier becoming platinum selling artists then." She gives Blaze another rye grin, "Anyways, follow me."

Pine leads Blaze over to the small storage shed, pulling open the rusted metal sliding door, which groans and protests. Blaze is immediately hit by the smell of damp and soil, and salt. Sure enough the concrete unit has a number of long ceramic planters, as well as a few bags of soil and some shovels. The ground actually has a few clods of soil, sprouting the odd white mushroom. A few spiders skitter out of the light as Blaze and Pine approach. She pulls a switch, which lights a single unpolarized bulb hanging on a chain overhead.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods to the newest member of the pack then says to the others, "He says that if we must call him something, then Brown Tail would be acceptable. By the way, where is Blaze? Ciara and I need to speak with him."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-07-05 at 07:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: From a time frame thing, I'm okay with Blaze being there. Perhaps he's already asleep, exhausted after the locus shaping, but someone could go get him if TC wants to join in the scene)
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Act III Scene ii

“The wind doesn't scratch at doors... or whine to be let in.”
    ― Stephen King, Cycle of the Werewolf

The pack had worked tirelessly to prepare for the final night. The Wolf Blooded had worked with Blaze, slaving away to prepare and weaponize as much liquid Bane as possible; stewing together roots, and weeds and ancient medicines. The Tannis had been grated and turned into cauldrons of tea; a pungent brownish-green brew that stank up the entire warehouse.

Under Blaze’s instructions, Solomon and Bear had snuck out to the nursery in the dead of night, surveying over and over the landscape, and eventually planting the Uratha Sigil Wards in the branches of trees, or hiding them under rocks to create a warded circle of protection from which the plague spirit would be unable to escape. They had also take the strange Witch's Poppet out to the circle and hung it from a low branch by where Solomon intended to lead the Plague Spirit. The doll had been found in the cave of the mad Harbor Wolf, and was little more than a withered and ancient bundle of sticks and corn husks tied together in the rough shape of a human. Some dark red cloth had been tied around the doll as if to make a robe, but the fabric was now threadbare. However, the poppet still vibrated and silently sang in the first tongue, reeking of Essence and of power.

Solomon helped Michael plan out his path of escape, by which he would lead the Beshilu to the water’s edge, escaping into the safety of the warded factory. Solomon also struck out to plan his route from the sewers to the Anchor Wolves’ killing floor. It was agreed that The Reveler would accompany Solomon on this task, using his powers to help lure He Who Obliterates Breathing. Michael in contrast would be aided by his ally, Izidakh, who had vowed to keep the pup Uratha safe.

(OOC: So here’s how we will do this. TC, you will roll for the Wolf Blooded in preparing the liquid bane. Please give me 6 rolls of 8D10. Three successes produces a single vat of the Bane, enough to produce 3 attacks with the liquid bane; be that from a super soaker, or in glass grenades or what have you. However, you need three successes per vat.

Daishain, please give me three rolls of 11d10 (combination of Bear and Solomon’s Int + Brawl) to prepare the trap. Every 5 successes is worth one level of fortification, which The Plague Spirit can try to attack to escape the trap. You can spend WP on this, but this will deplete WP for the final scene.

Llyarden, please roll 8d10 a combination of both Michael and Solomon's Wits + Survival, to calculate how well planned their route is.)
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Making the bane:

(8d10)[1][7][8][4][6][7][6][7](46)

(8d10)[6][1][7][10][1][1][1][4](31)

(8d10)[5][3][5][7][7][2][7][8](44)

(8d10)[3][9][4][4][8][9][8][8](53)

(8d10)[6][5][2][1][1][7][7][7](36)

(8d10)[7][4][7][8][4][7][1][9](47)

10? again: (20d10)[9][6][6][6][8][2][3][10][10][7][4][7][6][1][5][2][6][6][2][7](113)

That’s 11 successes, so three vats.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-07-20 at 09:05 AM.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Upon completion of their various tasks, the Anchor Wolves returned to the Cannery one last time before what would be their final gathering before their hunt of He Who Obliterates Breathing. The pack had prepared themselves when the first arrived for their hunt of the Beshilu. Their efforts had taken out large swathes of the infestation, helped cleanse the hospital, and taken out The Red Priest leader. Now, as the sun set, and the full moon began to rise in the darkening sky, The Anchor Wolves would gather together to bind themselves in the rite of the sacred hunt, swearing themselves into the purpose of ending the great plague spirit.

The Anchor Wolves' version of The Siskur Dah was based around a long form garage band improvisation in the style of The Velvet Underground's Sister Ray Says, a title called Sister Das. Pine and the other Anchor Wolves had set up the band's instruments and a makeshift stage to record their newest version of the track. With Iago gone, there would be no keyboards, and with Juno gone, Michael would be playing Bass.

Kara was fidgety and restless, the young Cahalith had been left behind in much of the band's preparation. But bound around her, close to her though in Twilight hung The Reveler in the Vines, the pack's Totem. When everyone was gathered, she said hastily, "Let's get started. Solomon, I think you should lead us."

Show
    While not necessary a this point, I am going to have everyone roll either Dex/Presence + Expression. My suggestion is that Solomon as a Hunter in Darkness runs the rite, as the pack lacks a Bone Shadow. I will roll for Kara and Solomon. I'm going to ask that you post IC to describe your character's playing, along with your roll.
    Show