New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Bear nods formally and states, "Yes, we will have them both if they are willing to step up. Now is as good a time as any."

Mostly for Joanna's sake he states, "This is perhaps a little sudden, but here we are. What is offered is a sharing of essence to cement a bond between you and the Totem. You'll be one of us in truth, and share in our goals, obligations, and hunts."

"I would not discourage you from accepting, but at the same time this is not something to take lightly. If there is any real hesitation, we can always do this at a later time."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

Given the ritual they had just performed together that didn't seem too bad. 'Nah, do it. I can work it out as I go.' She had never got anywhere by hesitating. 'For what it's worth I trust you guys, and with everything that's going on here you might need the help.'

3. - Top - End - #963
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Not unfamiliar with the requirements of the high spirits in Shadow, Jeremy bows and says "Certainly pleased to finally meet the grand Reveler under whose powers the Anchor Wolves hunt so well. I'd be honoured to become truly a part of the Pack, in goals and deeds!"

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Very well then," The Reveler in the Vineyard says, it's voice like a the sighing of the wind. A swarm of vines and tentacles creep forward, but instead of reaching out for Joanna or Jeremy, they collect in a tangling mass on the basement floor, wrapping round and round. Leaves fan out from the encircling appendages to form a layered wall, the limbs forming together to create something like an urn or chalice. The leaves and vines and tentacles harden and dark, almost as if they were baking, to form a solid vessel.

The process is familiar Bear, Kara and Blaze. A large excited grin spreads across the Cahalith's face as she watches, her gaze darting from Reveler to the two new pups.

First Tongue runes scroll across the bowl, like the symbols of Renown branded into the Uratha flesh by Mother Luna. There is the sound of a thousand branches breaking, as the dried out limbs snap off of Reveler, leaving the empty urn trailing a myriad of shriveled brown amputated vines. "Step forward," The Reveler commands, it's voice suddenly filled with power and authority, echoing strangely in the dark basement. The spirit's maw opens in a long low sigh. The many purple and green pods that hang from its body begin to shrivel like fruit baking in the sun. As the small pods tighten and shrink, the urn before Joanna and Jeremy begins to fill, a dark red liquid tricking down the inside edges of the vessel. The sea brine smell in the basement is replaced with the coppery smell of blood and the sweet acidic smell of a strong red wine.

The Reveler in the Vineyard stares down at Jeremy and Joanna expectantly.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will step forward wondering if this stuff will actually get her drunk. In case she somehow had the wrong idea here she'll throw Kara a questioning look before cupping her hand and leaning down so she could take a mouthful of whatever liquid this was.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze watches politely, though he does have a somewhat amused expression on his face.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear simply nods to the two new ones, watching expectantly.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara gives Joanna and affirming nod as well. When the pup brings the chalice to her lips, her entire world seems filled with the metallic intoxicating aroma. Her heightened wolf senses are almost overwhelmed by it's powerful smell. The liquid is almost syrupy on Joanna's tongue, but the flavor is nothing like the mixed blood and wine. If Joanna could, she might describe it as the taste of pure Essence, like she were drinking down a spirit, a salty tangy mixture of emotion and the taste of raw meat. As she takes her first gulp, Joanna feels her legs almost give out, and her head feels heavy and begins to swim. Joanna can feel her heart flutter, her mind becoming suddenly filled with foreign albeit welcome emotions; emotions of elation and the desire for wild abandon. As she struggles to maintain control, she sees The Reveler's massive grinning face filling her vision.

(OOC: Joanna gains a point of Essence, and a Beat as the other players did when they made the pact with the totem. It's Jeremy's turn )
    Show

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ettin in the Playground

'Oh.' Joanna finds herself letting out an involuntary chuckle that turns into a delighted laugh. It was like all the best parts of a night out happening all at once. 'That's...good stuff.' She'll give in to the urge and reach up to scratch the Reveler under it's...chin? As if it was a large dog. 'I feel like I should get pizza, or maybe some weed.'

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A tangle of limbs come up between Joanna and The Reveler, and with emotionless solemnity the spirit says, "I am sorry, but the ritual is not done. The other Uratha must drink first, and then... what is mine is yours... and what is yours shall too be mine."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #971
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Out of courtesy, Jeremy let's his former driver go first, then steps up, bracing himself for the pure contact and essential contract with the Reveler. Cupping both hands into the liquid, he raises his dripping hands to the great being, and says "To the Pack!" Then drinks deeply.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As it was for Joanna, the liquid in the urn is strong and thick, coating Jeremy's mouth as he gulps it down. He can feel his tongue and throat tingling with the spirit energies as Essence jolts out through every fiber of his being. It takes a moment after Jeremy has put the urn down before his legs feel solid under him.

The vessel, now fully empty, begins to wilt and disintegrate and reverts back to a pile of desiccated vines. The Reveler now floats close to Joanna and Jeremy. "Very good," the totem spirit says, its voice booming and colliding against the basement walls, "and now it is your turn to share with me." The Reveler's long appendages extend again, their tips turning back to expose fleshy maws filled with rows of hooked teeth.

Unless you resist, the probing worm-like tentacles attach themselves to the Uratha, sinking their hooked teeth into soft skin and flesh.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The tentacles begin drawing blood, dealing two lethal damage and completing the right to give each Uratha a second beat. I will hold for both players to either accept the embrace of Reveler's tentacles or react, and accepting will also count as a breaking point towards spirit for both characters.

Please roll Resolve + Composure -1 (+2 if you have a physical touchstone), willpower cannot be used
    Show

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ettin in the Playground

'It's only fair.' This was probably going to hurt, but after that drink Joanna decided she didn't really mind.

Spoiler
    Show

Resolve 2 + Composure 3 - 1 (+2 for Physical Touchstone)
    (6d10)[3][5][8][4][6][2](28)
    Any 10s
    (6d10)[6][6][3][10][1][1](27)

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The worm-like tentacles tear into Joanna's flesh when they attach themselves to her outstretched arm, wrapping themselves tightly and squeezing like a constricting snake. The teeth saw back and forth, slashing through skin and pulling themselves hard into muscle and tendon.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Joanna takes 2 lethal damage and gains a second beat. She maintains her harmony. Updated your character box. Will give GK a day.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-05-03 at 08:27 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #975
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

#Yeah, just like before.Blood for power.# Jeremy thinks, anticipating the pain to come as he opens his shirt and lets the appendages go where they will.

Spoiler
    Show
    Resolve+Composure-1+2 [roll0]
    Any 10s? [roll1]

16. - Top - End - #976
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Resolve+Composure-1+2 (6d10)[7][3][9][8][8][5](40)
    Any 10s? (6d10)[9][2][6][6][2][9](34)

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will do what she can to avoid looking at what the Reveler was doing to her arm. Even with the knowledge that it would heal eventually it was incredibly painful.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A dry leafy appendage extends and coils around Jeremy's abdomen. He can actually feel the leathery bark-like skin flex and tighten against the soft of his body before a dripping fanged maw opens up and bites into the flesh around his belly button.

Searing pain courses through both Joanna and Jeremy, extending out from the point of contact with Reveler to spread across their entire bodies. The two Uratha can feel as the tentacles suck at the open wounds, creating slopping wet noises with every throb of increased pain. The two can feel their bodies struggling to maintain form, rage building up inside to trigger a shift into a less bridled monster.

But fortunately, the ritual ends before any major damage can be done, and neither Uratha loses themselves. The Reveler in the Vineyard retracts its tentacles, it's shimmering form now laden in with glistening ripe fruit-like sacks. "Your gift is now with me," the spirit says in its low mournful voice, "I can hear the music of your soul in my bones. Thank you."

(OOC: Neither Uratha changes Harmony. Make sure Jeremy's character sheet is also updated with the Reveler's bonuses and Ban/Bane)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-05-06 at 08:27 AM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

As the leathery appendages begin to drink from her Joanna can't help but wonder if the Reveler could just keep going and take all of it. She feels a sudden urge to rip the tentacle out of her arm and see how easy it would be to tear it from the rest of the spirit. For a moment she can feel her body responding as her teeth and claws lengthen and she starts to get taller. As the Reveler finally withdraws she will shut her eyes and do her best to suppress the urge to get violent. Once she feels in control, 'Don't mention it.' Did this connection work both ways?

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Joanna ponders the question, she realizes that something indeed has changed. She can feel new energy bound into her muscles, into her bones. If she allows herself to use her spirit vision, she can see that Luna's brands of renown now glimmer brighter, their colors ebbing and flowing more into the green and purple spectrums.

This would be a revelation that Jeremy too would be able to appreciate. The Reveler had indeed drawn something from the two young Uratha, but it had also given them some of itself. The two were now bound to The Reveler in the Vineyard, for better or for worse.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-05-07 at 10:33 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will look down at herself and compare her brands to those of Jeremy and the others. 'Always wondered who else might be able to see that.'

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara runs over and throws her arms around the two, hugging them both close by the neck and giving each newly initiated Uratha a peck on the cheek. "Welcome," she says cheerily, a warm and excited grin on her face. For a moment you can both see the vivacious Kara that Bear and Blaze and the others know and love. Still with the two pups in a headlock Kara asks to Blaze and Bear, "So, what do we do now?"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“We got to tell the fish their Essence is cooked and ready to eat, and then, maybe we get them to hold up their end of the deal and show us where this thing and it’s spawn lives,” Blaze said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ettin in the Playground

'Thanks.' Joanna says hesitantly. She is glad to see Kara looking happier and will let her have her fun before eventually freeing herself from the headlock.

'Then we go to that church on the island tomorrow and whatever happens happens? Is there anything we can do to prepare before hand?'

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Thanks.' Joanna says hesitantly. She is glad to see Kara looking happier and will let her have her fun before eventually freeing herself from the headlock.

'Then we go to that church on the island tomorrow and whatever happens happens? Is there anything we can to prepare before hand?'
    "I think it's gonna depend on what we find down there," Blaze replied.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #986
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

With a low growl building In his throat as the Reveler drains his substance, Jeremy feels himself heading into the dark side of his nature. Just before it becomes overwhelming, he is released, the flow of power between himself and the powerful spirit almost visible in the air.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

After the ritual ends and he finds himself bemused ,wrapped by a suddenly energized Kara, Jeremy grins from within the hold. As the discussions turn to the possible allies, he says "From how I feel now, these deep fish are in for a treat!"

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods as the ritual completes, "Thank you, Reveler in the Dark. In celebration, I suggest a hunt tonight. We have been too busy of late to bond as a pack, and now that we have two new members, it is all the more pressing. Let us go and bring home food to share this evening."

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"It would be a pleasure," the Reveler says, a grin somehow playing out on its massive face, "I will meet you... on the other side." The light bulbs hanging from the basement roof sputter off and on, and when the lights return to normal The Reveler has vanished.

(OOC: The pack can of course cross here in the basement if that is the plan, or alternatively could go to the locus outside... or I suppose do something else. I'll let the players take the lead here)
    Show

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    "I think it's gonna depend on what we find down there," Blaze replied.
    'And if it's the Idigam itself?' Joanna wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Bear nods as the ritual completes, "Thank you, Reveler in the Dark. In celebration, I suggest a hunt tonight. We have been too busy of late to bond as a pack, and now that we have two new members, it is all the more pressing. Let us go and bring home food to share this evening."
    'Sounds fun. What are we hunting?'