New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Blaze

“Yeah man, can’t hurt,” Blaze replied, “long as everyone’s got enough essence it shouldn’t be too bad.”

Blaze set off to find data byte and any other spirits hanging around the den.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    I don't think he will mess with them, at least not so long as they don't do something to mess with him."
    Joanna nods, 'Feel like they'd be insane to try anything, and if the fish come through for us maybe they get to go home anyway.' She'll glance up on the off chance that King Sky Hunter could be seen even at a distance. 'I'd like to think telling the rest of them about the Idigam might be enough. Whose to say it won't come up here at some point?'

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze knows that most spirits live by a relatively primal and irrational set of rules, each chorus unique to the next. It would be quiet challenging earn the good will of all the spirits, though it didn't hurt to try.

He found Data Bolt without too much difficulty. In the Hisil, the spirit appeared as a small almost cartoonishly proportioned boy, built from wires and circuits and green silicon microchips. It's eyes were two green computer screens, and it's mechanical mouth filled with square keyboard keys for teeth. In the Hisil the cannery was an old and decaying boat yard, but Data Bolt was standing before an ivory pedestal holding an enlarged vision of Blaze's laptop. Wires poured from the spirit's mouth, snaking out between keyboard teeth to plug into every port of the laptop. "Greeting Blaze," the spirit said, it's head swiveling around at an impossible angle to face the Uratha.

Returning to the group, Kara stepped up to Blaze. Placing a consoling arm on the Ithauer's shoulder, she says, "Any chance you want my help with this man? I know spirits and all are your thing, but... well talking is kinda my thing."

(OOC: Whomever it is will need to make a Presence + Persuasion/Intimidation -4 roll)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Blaze knows that most spirits live by a relatively primal and irrational set of rules, each chorus unique to the next. It would be quiet challenging earn the good will of all the spirits, though it didn't hurt to try.

He found Data Bolt without too much difficulty. In the Hisil, the spirit appeared as a small almost cartoonishly proportioned boy, built from wires and circuits and green silicon microchips. It's eyes were two green computer screens, and it's mechanical mouth filled with square keyboard keys for teeth. In the Hisil the cannery was an old and decaying boat yard, but Data Bolt was standing before an ivory pedestal holding an enlarged vision of Blaze's laptop. Wires poured from the spirit's mouth, snaking out between keyboard teeth to plug into every port of the laptop. "Greeting Blaze," the spirit said, it's head swiveling around at an impossible angle to face the Uratha.

Returning to the group, Kara stepped up to Blaze. Placing a consoling arm on the Ithauer's shoulder, she says, "Any chance you want my help with this man? I know spirits and all are your thing, but... well talking is kinda my thing."

(OOC: Whomever it is will need to make a Presence + Persuasion/Intimidation -4 roll)
    "Yeah sure," Blaze said, "just remember, it's temporary."

Spoiler
    Show
    assist: (1d10)[8]
    10 again: (2d10)[8]
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze follows Kara's lead as she stepped out onto the dock where a large number of spirits were busy. She shifted into Dalu, and loped on long legs out to the monolithic locus, where she used her massive appendages to climb up above the swarm of gathered spirits. She gave a short speech imploring the spirits to head her warning. There was a great danger to all spirits and the Hisil itself deep within the ocean's waters. The Anchor Wolves would be dealing with this danger, but needed the help of the Deep Sea Spirits. For the time being, the other spirits needed to abide by the presence of these foreign beings, and it would not be long before things were back to normal and safer for all.

Even for Blaze it was generally hard to gauge what a spirit was thinking or how it might react, but as far as he could tell, Kara's speech seemed to be well received. Kara was not immediately attacked or shouted down, and the spirits seemed to move away from the place under the dock where the Well had been set up, and where the Deep Sea Spirits were now hiding. It was not clear how long this deference would last, but the Deep Sea Spirits were likely safe for at least a day or two before things got out of hand.

(OOC: Kara got one success)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-05-26 at 11:22 AM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will watch Kara speak from a distance in case any of them had to step in. She's not entirely sure she can follow the spirits response but Kara seemed to be good at this. To Kara after she finishes, 'I wasn't sure if that would work. You done this before?'

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara grins, oozing a confidence and warmth that most young women would die for. "I'm a Cahalith," she says with a wink at Joanna, "It's... kinda what I do!"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna grins back impressed, 'Heh, not something that can be learnt then. I feel like getting them to take me seriously might be useful.'

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"Good job, they didn't try to kill you, that's always a plus," Blaze said to Kara.

"Now, what are we gonna do next?" Blaze asked as he looked to Bear.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear smiles as Kara steps up and handles things, "Well done, now, who's hungry? Lets see what we can find out in the woods"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Anchor Wolves take advantage of their proximity to the locus and cross over back into the Flesh, their work in the Hisil complete for now.

Time between the two worlds was always a funny thing, and when the Uratha return, the sun has already set, a round and nearly full moon glowing brightly in the starry sky. It has gotten colder, and those who were dressed for the daytime might find themselves breaking out in goose flesh if they don't shift into a "furry" form. The wind blows in strong gusts, filling the air with the scent of the ocean. In the dark, The Anchor Wolves can see faint light coming from the ocean horizon. East of where the pack stood, across the waters loomed Cuttyhunk Island and whatever terrors dwelled there.

(OOC: So I'm assuming we are off to hunt some animals. I think that can start with a pack tracking roll; goal 5 successes, unless you are off to hunt something really special)
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna shivers as they cross back over but will try to deal with it for the moment. She will check the time and date on her phone to see if more time has passed then she expected. Couldn't worry about that now. 'We starting here or are we driving first?' She was starting to feel hungry.

Spoiler
    Show

I presume this is for outside town. If it's not I can get another dice for streetwise. Probably looking for deer

Tracking roll
    Wits 3 + Survival 1
    (4d10)[2][4][6][3](15)
    Any 10s
    (4d10)[7][10][2][6](25)

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Once back in the mortal realm, Jeremy feels the incipient timing of his Aspect thrumming through his nerves, his bestial counterpart eager and aching to run free again. The chill is shrugged off with his form, and he shifts up one level to Dalu, his preferred shape. "We probably shouldn't hunt too close to home. A pack of wolves where we would be seen by the cultists would draw too much attention." He says, his voice roughened from the shift. "But you set me on the track, and I can sneak the chest hair from an ape."
    Spoiler: Hunting
    Show
    Tracking in the wild: Wits(3)+Survival(0)(3d10)[2][9][5](16) tens (3d10)[2][5][1](8)

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear replies, "Lets take the van to the outskirts of town. Faster, and a lot easier to get the meat back. Pine? Those tarps still in back? Don't want to mess anything up."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bear drive's Pine's van out to the woods west of New Bedford. They pass through farmland and abandoned fields till they reach a small mountain range, parking in the lot for a hiking trail. This was out by where Bear had met his falcon companion, and it was this experience that had led him out this way.

Bear kills the lights and the pack step out of the van one at a time, heading for the gated trail entrance. This far from New Bedford, higher up the mountain and away from the ocean, the air is fresher, more clean, filled with the scents of wet dirt, and the distant sweet musk of animals... of prey. You can feel your mouths salivating with anticipation. Each Anchor Wolf shifts into his or her favorite form, and the pack sets off on their hunt.

Quickly enough, it is Bear who takes the lead, picking up on the scent of an old female deer; smell of fresh grass, animal musk, nervous pheromones. The trail becomes stronger and stronger as the group stalks through the forested mountain side, bounding across rocks and over trickling streams.

But as the pack moves farther into the forest, the trail begins to die out, and the stench of fear grows stronger. Then Joanna picks up on a familiar but somehow out of place odor. She breaks from the track, following the acrid odor; a dried puddle of urine on the side of a massive oak tree. The marking can't be more than a day or two old, but is undeniably the marking of another Werewolf!
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe that explained where all the deer had got to. Joanna will pause to check that she couldn't smell any unfamiliar Uratha in the area before making enough noise to attract the other's attention. Once she shifts back to human, 'Small world apparently. Do you think this was one of your neighbors?' She wasn't sure if there was a protocol outside of New Bedford itself, 'Are they supposed to announce themselves if they pass through here? Assuming it isn't someone like me who didn't know to do that.'

Spoiler
    Show

Looking for more details. Was there was more then one Werewolf and do we know where the trail was heading?

Wits 3 + Survival 1 + Urhan 4
    (8d10)[4][10][6][8][7][4][2][2](43)
    Any 10s
    (8d10)[2][5][10][4][4][6][3][2](36)

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

“Whoa,” Blaze said. He glanced to Bear.

“What do you think, man?” he asked.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The necessary roll for this would be Wits + Primal Urge per Senses (smell) on page 94. Joanna gets two successes.

First thought, Joanna has never met this Uratha before.
    Second thought, she's powerful... and it was a she.
    This marking was made in a wolf form, maybe two days old. Perhaps Joanna would be able to track the scent, but it would be very very hard. But Joanna was certain, if she saw this woman Uratha, she'd know her.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna wasn't sure if the others could smell what she was smelling. 'I think you'd remember someone that impressive if you'd already met her.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Yeah you're right

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Any other character who wants to "examine" the marking will need to make the same roll)
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear glowers over the scene, eventually answering Joanna's question, "Its considered quite rude at the least, and the insult is even worse to actually hunt in another's territory like this one apparently has. Ignorance like in your case is an excuse, but frankly I don't think that this one was unaware, not with an Uratha this powerful. This one could have been driven insane and acting like an animal. It could be one of the lost ones, and simply doesn't care about insulting a pack bound to Luna like us. Or it could be something else. We must take this seriously regardless. Come on, lets find this one and see if there's an explanation. Be prepared to defend yourselves."

Show
    2 successes in OOC
    Last edited by Daishain; 2021-06-03 at 09:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The scent is not familiar to Bear either, and he too is impressed by the potency of the marking. There is something about the stench that makes Bear's stomach knot up with anxiety. Whomever left this was bad news, and they likely knew they were leaving their marking in another pack's territory.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ettin in the Playground

'So we try not to start anything unless she starts something first? Maybe it's a misunderstanding and she was in too much of a hurry to call ahead.' Joanna replied to Bear without much faith. This woman was presumably old enough to know the risks of entering another pack's territory even if she had a good reason. To Jeremy, 'If we can find her what are the chances she won't see us coming.' Joanna will shift back to Urhan and see if she could pick up the strange Uratha's trail. In case the woman was actually dangerous she'll do her best to fade into the background.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Tracking because the trails a day or so old
    Wits 3 + Primal Urge 1 + Urhan 4
    (8d10)[8][2][5][8][3][2][5][2](35)
    Any 10s
    (8d10)[1][6][1][1][10][6][1][6](32)

Spending 1 Essence on Shadow Pelt (132) - When this Facet is activated, the Uratha may treat a number of Stealth rolls equal to his Cunning Renown as Rote Actions. I'll do the rerolls in the ooc.

Sneaking
    Dexterity 2 + Stealth 2 + Urhan 2
    (6d10)[3][1][3][7][3][4](21)
    Any 9 or 10s for Moon Kissed
    (6d10)[3][5][5][2][6][8](29)

3 successes in the ooc from the rote action reroll

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Joining the pack and examining the marker, Jeremy responds "It'll take a lot of skill for her to see me coming, but she's at least a few days away, right? Once we get close enough, we strike and teach this interloper the penalty for trespass. Luna will guides us and Father Wolf will empower our rights." He says passionately, looking at Bear and Blaze.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Scent marker tracking :Wits + Primal + Urhan (8d10)[9][5][7][8][1][3][8][7](48)
    Stealth when needed: Dex + Stealth + Urhan (8d10)[2][5][5][9][2][3][4][9](39)
    Tens (8d10)[10][2][8][3][8][7][6][10](54)

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“We should probably talk first, they may have a good reason, like they were pushed into our territory by something, you know?” Blaze said, “anyway, gotta find ‘em, first.”
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy nods and shifts completely into Urhan form, beginning to track this invader, but personally less than sanguine with talking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    tracking wits+survival+urban (7d10)[4][8][4][5][7][2][7](37) tens (7d10)[7][6][7][10][2][8][4](44)

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear shifts into his own excessively shaggy wolf form as he starts sniffling at the marker.

Show
    Wits+survival+huntingspec (5d10)[10][7][3][1][8](29)
    ten again (5d10)[6][3][2][3][7](21)
    Last edited by Daishain; 2021-06-08 at 07:50 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    The pack achieves six successes by my count... see below

The Anchor Wolves quickly pick up the scent of this Werewolf. The scent mixes with the smells of others, a small pack maybe, though it had been the Alpha who had left her mark. The group actually follow the trail of dander and fur back to the parking lot where their own van is parked. The scent quickly disappears in the lot... except it doesn't take long to identify the pungent utterly offensive odor of some sort of large truck or car.

The pack is able to tail this scent back towards New Bedford, though it requires that throughout the ride, most of the pack members keep their heads out the window to keep scent with the trail. The pack track this vehicle across New Bedford, all the way back to the shoreline, then North... where they start to lose the trail. By now the sun was almost rising, Mother Luna's light dimming against the dark violet sky. The Anchor Wolves knew that whomever these Uratha were, they were in town, and probably not too too far away from their own den. However, if they were going to push through into the early morning, this deep in the city, they might risk problems with the locals, especially if anyone loses control and shifts form.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

As the trail leads back to the car park Joanna shifts back to human. 'So much for the deer. Looks like someone had the same idea we had. If they've been here a while is there any chance your neighbors in that other pack might have run into them?' On the way into town she is amused by what their efforts to follow the trail might look like to anyone who was up at this hour. She will watch to see how anyone watching them might react but doesn't see any need to hide her occasionally sticking her head out of the window to sniff the air.

The idea that there might be a second pack of Uratha close to the den was a little worrying. Had they been watching her before she run into Jeremy at the bus stop? 'How far do we want to take this tonight? There's probably going to be delivery guys up in a bit.'

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear sighs, he'd privately hoped the trail would lead them out of town, that the incursion and insult had been committed by a lone Uratha that was long gone out of their reach. Now they were going to have to respond, to force this other group out, and that would almost certainly mean blood. "All right, that's enough, lets get some rest and warn the rest of the pack. We'll finish tracking them tomorrow, and come up with a plan to approach."