New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

'This is going to get in the way of us all going to the island isn't it?'

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Distractions, distractions. What's our priority, with all these threads?" Jeremy asks, looking between the two leaders.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“I don’t think we should delay with the underwater thing,” Blaze said, “they’re up to something and it’s big. I get the feeling the longer we wait, the worse it’ll be.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

'So it'll probably depend on whether this other lot are friendly. I don't suppose there's any chance they'll help us with the Idigam?' Joanna doesn't sound optimistic about that last part.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"Alright man," Blaze said as he looked to Bear, "let's take care of this trespasser first then, quick as we can. Do we need to do a hunting ritual?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear shakes his head, "If they prove to be enemies and difficult to oust, then sure. But for now we need to find them and find out what it will take to deal with them."

"Lets get back, inform the others, get as much rest as we can, and then roll out in the morning. I want to get eyes on them as soon as practical. I will know why they chose to respect our territory."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Chapter 2 Act 1 Scene ii

“It is true, we shall be monsters, cut off from all the world; but on that account we shall be more attached to one another.”
    ― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

The pack had returned home, late in the evening, sullen at the failure of their hunt and disturbed by their accidental findings. The Wolf Blooded did not take the news well, and much sleep was lost throughout the cannery.

As the sun chased Mother Luna into the light with its burning fury, the Uratha forced themselves out of bed at Bear's orders. Gathering in the kitchen/living space, as was tradition with a big cup of coffee, made by Pine. She would be giving up her Winnebago again for the pack to go out hunting for the new intruders.

There was just enough time for the Uratha to get their things together before they would be out again. It was still to be determined, just how the Anchor Wolves would track down the Werewolves intruding on their territory... but an obvious solution had struck Blaze as he laid fitfully in bed. Perhaps some of their spirit allies might be able to aid them. The spirits were often aware of things that those in the Flesh just couldn't see.

(OOC: Make sure to check the OOC thread)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

Having been out late and up early Joanna hasn't exactly slept well. The cushions she's borrowed to sleep on are comfortable enough, but she's half expecting to be woken up at some point because the other pack had decided to pay them a visit first. Now she's sat on the floor gratefully drinking Pine's coffee.

'Are we just trying to get close enough to see them? If we're going to try and talk I'd like to know how many of them there are first.'

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara shrugs. She looks more sober this morning; in every sense of the word. She gives Joanna a grin and says, "I'd be happy to do the talking if we need it, but I think you're right. We should probably do some scouting... assuming we even find them." She pauses for a moment, a quizzical expression crossing her youthful face and adds, "That's assuming they're even still around. What if they were just passing through or something?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"I could ask some spirits, man," Blaze said, "there's a lot more of them and they wander, maybe some of them might know something."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, i feel like there's a ritual or power blaze should have that would help with this.. failing that he's fine with just wandering over to the Hisil and asking king sky hunter, databyte, and whatever other spirits are hanging around.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear looks to Kara, nodding approvingly at her improved state, "If they're just passing through, great, we'll mark off any scents they left behind and get back to our main business. If we had the time I might chase after them to warn them not to do it again, but as it is..."

"But I doubt we're that lucky. Lets talk to King Sky Hunter and Brown Tail. If any of our allies have already seen the intruders, it would likely be them. Lets get an idea of what we're dealing with before trying to talk. This is our territory, we need to approach them from a position of strength."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ettin in the Playground

'If they're going to be a problem I'd like to know about it now.' Joanna smiled at the prospect of asking the birds to help you find something. If it worked it would make her job a lot easier. 'Spirits aside, if they're staying here it shouldn't be that hard to find a group of strangers eventually. Some of us tend to stand out.'

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

"What about spirits near where we found their spoor? Does Big Sky Hunter roam out there, or are there are more local spirits we should reach for, that may have felt the passage of these others?" Jeremy offers. "They obviously drove away out of easy reach, or we'd have had more contacts of their existence sooner."
    Last edited by GKnightBC; 2021-06-20 at 02:38 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara shrugs, "I think asking some of the local spirits, or the spirits out by the forest are good ideas. Brown tail might be able to help us as well." She turns her attention to Joanna and Jeremy and explains, "Brown Tail is a falcon that Bear has... befriended. He might have seen something out in the forest as well."

She lifts an oversized coffee mug to her lip and loudly slurps at her coffee. The once white porcelain has yellowed and is stained with splashes of old coffee, and it reads on the front in pink cartoon letters "Best Dad Eva". "So what, we split up?" she asks after swallowing down her slurped coffee.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"If we can get nearby to where that intruder's been around, I can ask some spirits what they've seen," Blaze said, "I don't think splitting up is a good idea right now."

He finished off his breakfast.

"I'm gonna see about strengthening the wards around here," he said, "I get the feeling we're gonna need all the help we can get."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2021-06-20 at 10:59 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

'I'll help you out with that. Or at the least I can see what I can to to make it harder for anyone to get in here without us hearing.' Maybe Joanna couldn't help Blaze but it would at least let her familiarize herself with the warehouse. 'I don't need to go see him but there's this barman who I've been chatting to since I got here. It might be a longshot but I can always see if he'll call me if any group of weird looking strangers come in to drink.'

Spoiler
    Show

Joanna has Contacts - Local Barman for what it's worth

And Allies - Police, but I think that would be more trouble then it's worth here

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So I'm not going to play out the beefing up of security; unless it's really something you feel will be worthwhile. So assuming Joanna and Blaze get some work done that morning, is the group going to search out the barman first if not splitting up, or going to chat up spirits?

Chris Wentworth looks up from his coffee, dark eyes seeming to glimmer against his pale skin. "I'd like to come with, if I can. I mean, if you're going to the other side, I guess I'm out. But otherwise, I can help. I'm... good with people."

Kara chortles, almost choking on a mouthful of hot coffee. "I'm pretty good with talking as well Chris," she says with a proud grin.

Spoiler: Joanna's Phone Call
    Show
    As the group was talking, Joanna stepped away from the table to make her phone call. Though Jo had spent almost all of her time in New Bedford so far with her new pack, she had managed to slip away just for a little to do some hunting of her own. The others had recommended the bar, but as part of her hunt, Joanna had ended up at The Pour Hut. The bartender at the time was practically a kid, with jet black hair and a lip stud. He actually had a tattered Cry Wolf black and silver shirt on. Apparently the pack had played a couple of sets at the Pour House and had quickly become a local favorite. The kid's name was Jerry, though everyone called him Spike for some reason. His gaunt frame, long neck and eagle's nose, and pale skin made it clear that Spike was definitely not a local.

Jerry had been nice enough to give Joanna his direct number, maybe he was hoping to take her on a date or something... wouldn't be the first time. It was still early in the morning, so Joanna was pleased when he picked up the phone. "Hey... Joanna right?" His voice sounded excited, maybe a little too eager, "how's it going? What's up?
    "
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-06-23 at 11:19 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Chris Wentworth looks up from his coffee, dark eyes seeming to glimmer against his pale skin. "I'd like to come with, if I can. I mean, if you're going to the other side, I guess I'm out. But otherwise, I can help. I'm... good with people."

Kara chortles, almost choking on a mouthful of hot coffee. "I'm pretty good with talking as well Chris," she says with a proud grin.
    'Hey. I can be nice.' Joanna replies 'If we're going out I'd be glad of the company, but I don't want anyone getting jumped either.'

Spoiler: Joanna's phone call
    Show

'Hey Spike, you're up early.' Normally Joanna tried to avoid phoning people first thing in the morning. She certainly didn't like it when people had done that to her in the past. She probably won't be dating anyone while she's here, but she's not going to dissuade him from thinking that either.

'I need a favour. You remember that guy Turner? I might be getting somewhere on that, but something else came up last night. You seen any strangers come through the bar lately? I don't have a description yet but they should be someone you'd notice.' Most of the Uratha Joanna had met tended to stand out and she assumed this was equally true of the other pack. 'I already said I'd owe you, so if it pans out maybe I can get you into the next Cry Wolf show.' Joanna had mentioned having met the guys the last time she had seen Spike. 'Oh, whenever they get round to playing another show I may be on stage helping them out.' Whatever else was going on the prospect of playing music again made her happy.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    'I need a favour. You remember that guy Turner? I might be getting somewhere on that, but something else came up last night. You seen any strangers come through the bar lately? I don't have a description yet but they should be someone you'd notice
    There is a moment's pause before Spike replies half-jovially, "****, a favor all ready?" He let's the passive aggressive comment hang for just a moment before adding, "I mean, sure, always happy to help."

He listen's to Joanna's request then replies, "Any strangers... that you'd notice? Shoot, that's a tough one Jo. I mean, anything you could to help me out with this? Strangers don't come through town very often, but like... anyone noticeable?" Joanna gets the sense by the way he was drawing the answer out that he probably had something in mind. Maybe he was drawing it out for a big reveal, or maybe he was hoping to impress her.

But he quickly changed the subject when she mentioned the Cry Wolf concert. "Oh, you can do that? Cool! That's pretty awesome. You're what, a stage hand or something?" he asks with excitement.

(OOC: Please give me the requisite Manipulation + Persuasion roll and take it at +1 for the offer about Cry Wolf.)
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Phone call
    Show

Joanna is amused at Spike's response. 'Well if I find them there's a chance of money in it for both of us. It's only fair.' She'll let him have his fun. Even if he didn't know anything useful it might be entertaining.

'Yeah, noticeable. They might be the dangerous looking type. Like if you've ever been to a biker bar.' How do you explain what a Uratha looked like to someone who didn't already know? 'If it looks like they've been on the road for a while and haven't had a chance to shower that might be them.'

Spike's reaction to Cry Wolf made her smile, 'Should be easy enough. They needed a bassist so I might be filling in for a bit.' Assuming she had time to practice anyway. 'Don't ask me when this might be happening. Everyone's a little distracted at the moment.'

Manipulation 1 + Persuasion 3 + Striking Looks (Per) 1 + Cry Wolf 1
    (6d10)[5][5][10][3][2][3](28)
    Any 10s
    (6d10)[6][6][8][8][6][2](36)

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

At an opportune moment, Jeremy quietly speaks to Blaze "Honestly, I've never been all that good with dealing with spirits, and the ease with which you defused the encounters we've had, with Big Sky Hunter and the Underdeep spirits, makes me realize that I need to do better to serve the Pack. Is there some methods or skills you can teach me, to make me better able to deal with the spirits? Maybe even a particular spirit that would help the pack to associate with?"

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    At an opportune moment, Jeremy quietly speaks to Blaze "Honestly, I've never been all that good with dealing with spirits, and the ease with which you defused the encounters we've had, with Big Sky Hunter and the Underdeep spirits, makes me realize that I need to do better to serve the Pack. Is there some methods or skills you can teach me, to make me better able to deal with the spirits? Maybe even a particular spirit that would help the pack to associate with?"
    “Sure man,” Blaze replied, “there’s all kinds of rituals and rites and stuff, but you don’t really need all that. First thing you gotta know, the main thing to remember about spirits, is they all got massive egos. They all have their place and their domain, and if you respect that and feed their ego a healthy diet of praise, that’s half the battle.”

“if things weren’t so tense right now I’d say let’s take a trip out to the Hisil and talk to some of them,” he said, “anything specific you wanted to know?”
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    Joanna is amused at Spike's response. 'Well if I find them there's a chance of money in it for both of us. It's only fair.' She'll let him have his fun. Even if he didn't know anything useful it might be entertaining.

'Yeah, noticeable. They might be the dangerous looking type. Like if you've ever been to a biker bar.' How do you explain what a Uratha looked like to someone who didn't already know? 'If it looks like they've been on the road for a while and haven't had a chance to shower that might be them.'
    At first there is a long, hesitant pause from Spike, then he acquiesces, "I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but there was a couple here the other night; a man and a woman, both in their maybe late twenties. They were definitely not locals, and definitely not tourists. I can't say they were dangerous looking, especially not the man... he was like a pretty boy type. But the chick looked like she'd seen some ****, and was looking to break faces. They had a couple of beers here. I think they might have somehow been affiliated with the college." Spike was of course talking about the U-Mass Dartmouth. He adds, "I don't know if that helps, but I hope it does."

Spike's reaction to Cry Wolf made her smile, 'Should be easy enough. They needed a bassist so I might be filling in for a bit.' Assuming she had time to practice anyway. 'Don't ask me when this might be happening. Everyone's a little distracted at the moment.'
    "You're going to be playing with Cry Wolf?" Spike says with so much excitement that his voice actually cracks with "playing". "Holy ****, that's awesome."

Show

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

'I mean maybe. I'm certainly interested.' Seen some ****? Joanna had to wander how she came across to people since her First Change. 'You get any names? I'll see if I can find them first, but if they come back could you call me?' She'll avoid mentioning why she might be interested.

On Cry Wolf, 'Well they need a bassist.' Joanna replies amiably. 'It's not like I'd have to sing. No one needs to hear that. Obviously all of this depends on me not sucking too much, but I'll let you know. I'll probably be at the Pour Hut again at some point this week.'

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    "I'm sorry," Spike says flatly to Joanna's request, "I didn't catch their names. Be honest, I didn't even card them I don't think." He chuckles at this just slightly before adding, "I'm sorry, but that's all I got."

Unless Joanna has more to say, Spike will say his goodbyes here, and hang up after making Joanna promise to help him meet the band if/when she performs with them!

Spoiler: OOC: All
    Show
    If you all haven't guessed, I haven't moved anything else because I've been waiting for the group to decide exactly what they are doing next, though I assumed players were waiting for this conversation to play out.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

'Thanks anyway Spike. If this leads to anything I'll see if I can bring one of them to the bar.'

After hanging up, 'Spike says he had a pretty boy and an angry girl in the other day. Both of them looked like they were down from the college. It might not mean anything but they definitely weren't regulars.' Joanna shrugs, 'Maybe it's nothing but if some of this other pack are younger then me it might explain the rudeness.'

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear stays silent for a bit before speaking up, "All right, while we're here, let's quickly ask King Sky Hunter and Databolt if they know anything, then set out for where we left the trail, we should be able to follow our noses and hit up the local spirits for more information. Stay together, at least one of them is quite powerful, we can't afford to present anything less than a unified front."

"Where is this Spike speaking of? Is it anywhere near where we left the trail?"

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    "Where is this Spike speaking of? Is it anywhere near where we left the trail?"[/B][/COLOR]
    'Spike's a barman at the Pour Hut here in town. If he did see the other pack maybe the bar's close enough to whereever they're sleeping.'

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Having (finally) made up their mind, the Uratha of the Anchor Wolves decide to step out of the factory to cross over into the Hisil. It's a cold morning outside, a grey sky hiding a defeated sun. Wind whips sea spray out from the ocean onto the concrete dock. The only sound other than the waves crashing against the manmade shore is the occasional cry of gulls.

After crossing over, the Anchor Wolves find the Hisil to be in a similarly forlorn atmosphere. Only a small crowd of lesser spirits gather around the monolithic locus; they scatter in an explosion of hisses and shrieks as the Uratha suddenly appear. A heavy and cold fog hangs over the pier, making it more difficult to see the lesser scavenger spirits scuttling across the wood and cobblestone, and harder still to see any bird spirits that might be soaring about in the sky.

Below the dock, the Uratha know the Deep Sea spirits are hopefully still hiding. But out from under the dock crawls a creature on many segmented crab-like legs. The size of a dog, this thing covered in long strands of seaweed tied through old gold coins and rusted metallic treasures, clacks its way over to the Anchor Wolves. "Uratha," it cries, its scratchy imploring voice seeming to come from no orifice, "Uratha, a moment please! I have information that you must have!" Two round eyes glow green, protruding from worm like probosci.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna shivers a little at the cold after they cross over. She could always change into a more comfortable form but there were smells here that she didn't want to dwell on. The spirit that approached them seemed unusually chatty according to her experience. 'I like information. And what would you want in return?'