New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Bear nods and quietly responds, "Yes, they're definitely here. Let's circle around rather than going through, don't want to attract too much notice."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

In reply to Joanna, Phis shirt grins and says, "I got some **** that can help with that, if you want." The devilish look in his eye, says he's offering Joanna something illicit, and you can see from the way that the other kids behind him suddenly perk up, that they are very curious to see how Joanna is going to reply.

From the back, a kid with a finely trimmed handlebar mustache, and a green beanie says, "We can show you to the administration office if you'd like."

(OOC: If the group are going to circle around, I'm going to want more information as to if they are staying together or splitting up and exactly how they are approaching ie stealthly, in human form, not tyring to hide their presence or whatever)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    In reply to Joanna, Phis shirt grins and says, "I got some **** that can help with that, if you want." The devilish look in his eye, says he's offering Joanna something illicit, and you can see from the way that the other kids behind him suddenly perk up, that they are very curious to see how Joanna is going to reply.
    Joanna is unfazed and will get closer. 'You mean more then weed? Sure, what do you have?' She felt like she was being tested and wasn't going to back down from that.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Joanna's question makes the kid in the Phis shirt balk, his round face pulling into a mask of panicked confusion. "Oh, no," he mutters, "I... I meant pot." His face turns flushed, and his eyes dart down to his feet. Some of the other kids snicker, though beanie stares at Joanna with suspicion.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

Joanna's question makes the kid in the Phis shirt balk, his round face pulling into a mask of panicked confusion. "Oh, no," he mutters, "I... I meant pot." His face turns flushed, and his eyes dart down to his feet. Some of the other kids snicker, though beanie stares at Joanna with suspicion.
    Blaze

"Yooo," Blaze said, "where IS the best place to get weed around here man? I've been dying to smoke a decent joint now for weeks and the guy I did find just ain't cutting it. Don't worry about her man, she's just messin' with you."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2021-08-09 at 08:51 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze's outburst causes the group to immediately chuckle, their guard dropping just slightly overall. Phis shirt runs a hand through his greasy hair and says, "Man, there's not a lot of great stuff out here. We're kinda in the boonies if you know what I mean. But I got a buddy on campus who gets his stuff out from Cali; it's legit. But I mean, it's a lot more expensive, with the cost of shipping and all."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"Alright alright alright," Blaze said, quoting a movie, "how much we talkin'?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    "Don't worry about her man, she's just messin' with you."
    'Maybe a little.' Joanna felt that they had started it.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze's McConaughey impression draws a few chuckles. In reply to his question, Phis shirt says gives a price per ounce (OOC: And even though Blaze has no dots in streetwise) that Blaze recognizes is way more expensive than most pot sold in the area, almost double the price.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hanging out at the back of the band, Jeremy waits for this transaction to finish. Still curious about the aura hanging over the campus, he scents the air, looking for hints on the invaders.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear waits for Blaze to finish up a little impatiently. A joint sounded like a good idea for later, but right now he wanted to get to that pack.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Might as well hide in the open, its not like they won't smell us coming anyways. Probably circling around to the far side and approaching as a group in human form. We'll see what they have to say for themselves.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze's McConaughey impression draws a few chuckles. In reply to his question, Phis shirt says gives a price per ounce (OOC: And even though Blaze has no dots in streetwise) that Blaze recognizes is way more expensive than most pot sold in the area, almost double the price.
    Blaze

“Don’t have that much on me right now, but I’ll be back,” Blaze said, “name’s Blaze, pass me your number man?”
    He opens up a new contact page and hands his phone to phish shirt.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna (ooc - who has points in Streetwise) will watch phish shirt for any sign he was trying to rip them off. Maybe the weed was that good?

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Blaze?" Phis shirt asks, full blown suspicion suddenly spreading across his face, "You, uh, have to tell me your a cop if you are, right?" But before Blaze can reply or defend himself, Phis shirt cracks a grin and says, "Just messing with you man, I don't blame you for not wanting to give your name. Here, give me your phone." He grabs Blaze's phone and plugs in his contact, handing it back. The contact reads, "Sly Stoned". He gives Blaze a self satisfied grin as the Uratha reads it.

With that settled, the pack begin to circle the campus following Joanna as she stops now and then to sniff at the air. The campus grows more crowded with students, most of whom don't pay the group any mind while others actively try to ignore the punk rockers. The trail leads the group to the outside of the building for "Marine Science and Technology", a grey three story rectangle that sticks out like a sore thumb next to all of the modern industrial architecture. The scent is easily the most strong here, coming both from the building, and a dark tan van (also stinks of salt water) parked outside the building. Only the rare student was meandering about this bit of campus, which seemed tucked away from the rest of the more impressive buildings. The campus was probably too busy to do any "real" snooping without having to try to disguise it, but entering the building would likely also draw some attention if the group wasn't careful.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2021-08-12 at 03:56 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna grinned to herself at the comment. She too had seen Breaking Bad, and was fairly sure that was not true. Anyway, it wasn't as if she was going to mention this to anyone. Once they were out of earshot she'll say to Blaze, 'That stuff seems a little pricey for me. If it is that good maybe he'll give us a sample first.'

Afterwards Joanna will move a little ahead of the others to follow the scent. She'll try to act like she belonged here. The people who went here were probably rich, but they took older students didn't they?

The stink of the Marine Science building was unwelcome considering what was going on in the ocean. 'At least they'll have trouble smelling us. What would they need to do to make the place smell like that? Do they have a lot of fish in there?' She wasn't particularly worried about getting inside if they had to, but she'll watch the main entrance to see if anyone was their student ID to get inside.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"I just wanted to get the number of someone on campus," Blaze replied to Joanna, "doubt I'll be able to scrape that much together anyway."

Blaze sniffed and made a face.

"That fish smell reminds me of Cuttyhunk," he said, "bad vibes, man."

shifted his sight over to the Hisil to see what he could see.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Those who shift their vision over to the Hisil (Blaze being the first) are able to see just how "off" things already are in this small strip of the shadow. The space is cast into a dark fog; an old cobblestone road running through a series of towering gothic structures that appear as mashed together architectural abominations of churches and Greek revival government buildings. The science building however appears to be such a structure made of curved boat wood, compass faces and tied together with fishing nets.

But instead of there being the expected choirs of knowledge and data spirits intermingling with small groups of emotion spirits representing angst and post-pubertal lust, the streets are nearly empty. However, small groups of lesser anger spirits, buzzing like cicadas and glowing red like fire, flit around the science building. Many of the anger spirits crawl in and out of open windows or open wood doors like bees in a hive.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    "That fish smell reminds me of Cuttyhunk," he said, "bad vibes, man."
    'Yeah, what's new lately.' Joanna replies 'Question is is it better or worse then that place on the island?'

Once she sees what the place looks like in the Hisil, 'Those things must be here because of the other pack right? That's some bad mood they're having.' The anger spirits didn't look particularly dangerous even if they outnumbered them, 'We going in? Otherwise I suppose one of them will come out eventually if we have the time to wait.'

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear sighs as he sees the aura, "Yeah, that doesn't look like this bunch is the talkative type."

"All right, cards on the table, I was thinking talking to them here would force them to keep things relatively peaceful while we confronted them. Can't be starting trouble in front of the herd and all that. But if they're an angry enough bunch to cause this, I'm not sure they would care about not causing a scene, in which case we need to be having our... discussion elsewhere. Thoughts on drawing them out?"
    Last edited by Daishain; 2021-08-16 at 07:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

'Fire alarm? We just have to see if anyone cares enough to stop us getting in through the main door.'

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Fire alarm? We just have to see if anyone cares enough to stop us getting in through the main door.'
    "This don't make any sense," Blaze said, "what would a pack be doing smelling like those Cuttyhunk cult guys? Fire alarm sounds like a good idea to get them out here and have a little chat, if we don't wanna play here, like ever. And maybe risk getting arrested for pulling a fake alarm. We could always just hang around here and wait until someone notices us."

"If we're gonna pull the fire alarm, it only takes one to get inside the door. I nominate the hottest chick among us. Doors get held for hot chicks," Blaze added.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2021-08-17 at 02:38 AM.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear shakes his head, "An alarm would just get them out here, along with dozens of extra eyes. I meant drawing them off campus entirely"

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna will shrug off Blaze's hot chick comment, 'I think Kara going in attracts too much attention.' She didn't have a problem going in alone but it wasn't always that easy in her experience.

After Bear objected, 'If they're that pissed off about something maybe they're ok with starting a fight in public, but if they are students or staff then it'll be worse for them if they do. They'd have to give up whatever they're here for.' Joanna gestured at the whole group, 'Course it doesn't mean they're all in there at the same time right now. If we do outnumber them maybe we can catch one or two of them alone.'

'If we don't want to stay here watching the place until one of them leaves maybe we see what landline numbers the building has. I'm sure asking anyone who answers if Mr Urfarah is in will get a response eventually.' Father Wolf's name was something Joanna was aware of, but another idea strikes her. 'Is howling in the middle of the day frowned upon? If you were in their position and you heard a Wolf howling in the distance, how would you react?'

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

"How about an attack on some of the spirits going in and out of that horror show building? A quick shift over, a couple of hamstrings, and back might rile some attention. The sheer monolithic category of those Essence-eaters seems an easy fuse to light."

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    "How about an attack on some of the spirits going in and out of that horror show building? A quick shift over, a couple of hamstrings, and back might rile some attention. The sheer monolithic category of those Essence-eaters seems an easy fuse to light."
    Joanna nods, 'Even if those things decide to come after us instead I'd like to think we can take them.'

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara chuckles as the group continue to discuss. "****, what happened to some good old fashioned stealth?" She turns her attention from Blaze and Bear to the two pups. "You're both Irraka right... like Solomon?" She pauses here, suddenly struggling to hold her emotions together, adding hastily, "that's your thing right?" Pulling herself together Kara adds, "You should be able to smell out any other Uratha as soon as they sense you, no before, right, because you're looking for them." She turns her attention back to Bear and Blaze, checking for approval. She adds, "We three elderly sorts can uh secure the perimeter."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

Kara chuckles as the group continue to discuss. "****, what happened to some good old fashioned stealth?" She turns her attention from Blaze and Bear to the two pups. "You're both Irraka right... like Solomon?" She pauses here, suddenly struggling to hold her emotions together, adding hastily, "that's your thing right?" Pulling herself together Kara adds, "You should be able to smell out any other Uratha as soon as they sense you, no before, right, because you're looking for them." She turns her attention back to Bear and Blaze, checking for approval. She adds, "We three elderly sorts can uh secure the perimeter."
    Blaze

Blaze shifted his sight back to the flesh.

"Whatever we do, I think we gotta try talking to them first," Blaze said, "there's an Idigam out there and if we can get help taking it down, we shouldn't turn it away. But we gotta be sure they're not gonna, you know, stab us in the back."

Then he shifted his sight back to the Hisil. He was looking for signs of the other pack's totem.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ettin in the Playground

To Kara, 'Thanks for the vote of confidence, although who are you calling elderly? I think I might be older then you.'

To Bear, 'It's your call, if only because you guys would have to come in and get us if we **** up. If it works maybe we find out what they're doing in there and get some names. If we get noticed we just have to get out of the building ahead of them.'

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy shrugs "I wasn't sure that would be our approach considering how boldly these ...mongrels... penetrated our territory. If you want, I'll head inside and see what I can see as quietly as possible. " He says, looking at Blaze.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC@Blaze
    Show
    For Blaze casting his vision into the Hisil, please give me an Int/Wits+Occult, add your specialization in spirit

Spoiler: OOC@All
    Show
    Will let Bear and Blaze make the decision since it seems like Joanna and Jeremy are deferring to them.
    Show