New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Blaze

“In my expert opinion, if we really want to try and make nice, we’d bring a peace offering,” Blaze said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ettin in the Playground

'So not like we can walk it back if we want to try to be friends after. What would a giant flaming wolf want as a peace offering? Essence?' Joanna remembers the ritual they had performed for the fish. 'Don't suppose it likes music?'

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'So not like we can walk it back if we want to try to be friends after. What would a giant flaming wolf want as a peace offering? Essence?' Joanna remembers the ritual they had performed for the fish. 'Don't suppose it likes music?'
    "Yeah, or like a spirit it likes to eat all wrapped up and well-seasoned, maybe," Blaze replied.

Blaze chuckled at the music remark.

"What would happen if we just started jammin' on that lawn over there?" he asked, "I guess security would ask us to leave, but maybe we'd get to talk to that other pack before they kicked us out, and there'd be enough witnesses they wouldn't want to try anything. Plus it'd be like a big ol' middle finger after they marked in our territory."
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2021-09-08 at 11:45 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's....not a bad idea." Kara said with a sly grin. "Maybe some good publicity, too! Or maybe we can get...like...bacon wrapped gaffling?"
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    "That's....not a bad idea." Kara said with a sly grin. "Maybe some good publicity, too! Or maybe we can get...like...bacon wrapped gaffling?"
    'Who doesn't like bacon? Nobody that's who.'

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"Oh, that was kinda a joke of an idea but I guess we could do it if everyone thinks it'll work..., Bear?" Blaze said.
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

'Hey. Whatever helps. I did not expect to be in this position when I got up this morning' Joanna replied. 'If it's easier to do here where we can see it I'd say get that thing's ban now if you can. Maybe we could take it anyway, but better to have a deterrent and not need it.'

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy comments "Didn't you say that you might anger it ,if you get it's ban? Do you need a bait to draw it?"

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    Jeremy comments "Didn't you say that you might anger it ,if you get it's ban? Do you need a bait to draw it?"
    “No man, I can do it right now; it takes like two seconds, but it’s gonna be piiiised,” Blaze replied.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna had clearly misunderstood, 'Can't really be sneaky if it's going to know what you're doing. It's your call.'

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Joanna had clearly misunderstood, 'Can't really be sneaky if it's going to know you're doing. It's your call.'
    "Naw, not sneaky at all," Blaze said, "but if we're not going to talk, it might be the way to go. We might have whatever it is handy, you never know. Bear's the leader here, what are we gonna do man?"
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear considers, "Let's poke the giant flaming wolf spirit on our way out rather than before we get the information we want. Irraka, what do you think, can you make it there unnoticed?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Bear considers, "Let's poke the giant flaming wolf spirit on our way out rather than before we get the information we want. Irraka, what do you think, can you make it there unnoticed?"
    'Can't say I'm certain of anything over here, but I can give it a try.'

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

"You've got this!" Kara said cheerfully with a wide grin splitting her face.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

"We can certainly try." Jeremy says with a grin. "I'm always up for a bit of stalking."

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ettin in the Playground

'Alright. I'd say if either of us ****s this up the other one keeps going. It's not like it can chase both of us.' Joanna is going to kneel down and stretch as she shifts into Urhan. If she was smaller looking like this she might be harder to see.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Any character that is going to try to sneak past the giant Anger Spirit in the form of a flaming Dire Wolf, please make a Dex+Stealth -6. Feel free to use any advantages, Gifts, ect.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ettin in the Playground

Using the other buildings as cover Joanna will circle around so that she can get away from both Jeremy and the others. She'll move carefully but will watch for spirits or anything else that might get in her way. As she looks for a way to get closer to the big wolf she'll look for an escape route if the worst happened. If she couldn't make it beyond the shadow of the college perhaps she could get inside one of the buildings.

Spoiler
    Show

Dexterity 2 + Stealth 2 + 2 Dex for Urhan - 6 penalty
    Spending Wp
    Moon Kissed (stealth) gives 9 again, Shadow Pelt means 1 Essance to treat 1 stealth roll as a rote action and reroll each failure
    (3d10)[5][8][5](18)

Any failures
    (3d10)[2][6][8](16)

Any 9s or 10s
    (3d10)[2][5][1](8)

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Before she leaves, Bear tells Joanna, "No heroics, just get in and observe as much as you can about them from across the veil. We'll give you ten minutes after we lose sight of you, then give the big guy something else to look at so you can more easily get away."

"In any scenario where you can't get back to this locus, give a howl when you're out of their reach so we know to meet you back at our place. Howl twice if you are in big trouble so we know to charge in."

When she's gone, he turns to the rest, "All right, stay on your toes. Blaze, when the time comes I want you to go ahead and get that Ban. Might as well make him angry when its taking his attention away from a nearby target. We're not looking for a fight just yet, but we may have to anyways if things go wrong."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Joanna gives herself fully to her instincts as an Irraka as she shifts, becoming little more than a slinking wave of shadow. Moving from building to building, and pausing to stay down wind of the massive spirit, Jo draws closer and closer till she has come around the back of the massive hut.

The hut appears to be a two floored structure without any windows or other ports than the front door. The stone and brick building is covered in little more than a thatched roof, that somehow supports the weight of the massive wolf spirit. From this close, Joanna can smell the soot and smoke, and wolf fur, and can hear the crackle of popping embers somehow coming from the spirit's flesh. And yet, the spirit does not seem to sense the presence of the Uratha that has snuck up behind it.

(OOC: WP spent, Joanna is now down to 1/5)
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Before she leaves, Bear tells Joanna, "No heroics, just get in and observe as much as you can about them from across the veil. We'll give you ten minutes after we lose sight of you, then give the big guy something else to look at so you can more easily get away."

"In any scenario where you can't get back to this locus, give a howl when you're out of their reach so we know to meet you back at our place. Howl twice if you are in big trouble so we know to charge in."
    'Don't go far' Joanna replies just before she leaves. She'd never had a reason to howl before but was sure she could work it out if she was in enough trouble.

As she get's closer she'll spend some time watching the wolf spirit for any sign that it's aware of her. At the slightest sign that it was actually getting up she's prepared to bolt. This close it felt a little too much like she was choosing to approach a burning building. I hope this is worth it.

The lack of any entry points was a little discouraging. Did that mean the other pack had fortified this place somehow? As she moves around to get a look at the front door Joanna will carefully look around for any gaps in the wall she might have missed.

Spoiler
    Show

Looking for anything I might have missed

Wits 3 + Composure 3 + Urhan 4
    Exceptional success for three successes for Honed Senses if it helps
    (10d10)[3][10][4][5][7][1][1][5][1][10](47)
    Any 10s
    (10d10)[9][8][1][8][9][10][9][10][4][8](76)

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara was good at attracting attention, not avoiding it, so the Cahalith remained behind with the rest of the Pack.

Tensing her lithe muscles, she prepared just in case there was trouble and, after a moment of thought, pulled Atant from her pocket and took a quick selfie for their social media.

With the flash turned off.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"Sure man, you want the ban or the bane?" Blaze asked.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Joanna finds herself almost holding her breath as she moves closer. But relying on her skills in stealth, she is able to draw near without the attention of the massive and clearly powerful spirit. To Jo's chagrin, she can see nothing useful or remarkable by studying the stone building. But she does have the bright idea of casting her vision across the Gauntlet.

Standing this close to the building in The Shadow meant that Joanna must have been "in" the science building on the other side. It was disorienting, but Jo's vision was showing her standing in a hallway of a science buildings, doors into labs on either side. But she was maybe less than ten feet away from a trio of motley figures. In the middle is a gaunt and severe looking woman of mixed descent, with long wild hair the color of hazel wood that is just starting to grey at the edges, and dark brown eyes. She is flanked by a man and a woman, both younger. The lady has a round face, cold blue eyes and straw colored hair. She is tall and fit, and dressed like she's about to go for a rigorous jog. The guy is the only one who looks like he's anywhere near college age. He's handsome and strong jawed, with dark eyes and shaggy brown hair, dressed a black V-neck and stylish blazer. Joanna couldn't be sure without getting a sniff (though of course she could throw her smell across the gauntlet as well), but a hunch told her these three were the Werewolves they were looking for.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna had naively expected the walls of the stone building that she was huddled against to correspond to that of the science building across the gauntlet, so it was a little surprising to suddenly be seeing the people inside it. Giant flaming wolves aside, being able to do this on any kind of a regular basis would make her day job a lot easier.

The younger two matched the description that Spike had given her, and she had to agree with his view of the younger woman. If she wasn't Uratha she was certainly dangerous looking. To be certain she's going to extend her senses across the gauntlet to see what they smelt like and listen in to whatever they happened to be discussing.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Joanna takes a moment to concentrate, sending her other senses across. Her ears pick up the ringing of their feet across the floors, but the three are not talking.

(OOC: To attempt to sense another Uratha, please give me a Wits + Primal Urge +1)
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It takes a moment, but as the three figures continue to walk closer, Joanna picks up the distinct odor of wolf dander and feral pride. These three are undoubtedly Uratha.

The group walk closer and closer, before passing right through where Joanna is standing. When this happens, the older woman pauses, turning round and round as she sniffs at the air.

"What is it?" the younger woman asks with sudden concern, her muscles tensing in preparation for a fight.

The older woman scowls and replies flatly, "Don't know, but let's move." The alpha turns and begins walking briskly down the hallway, her two younger packmates quickly falling into step behind her.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna decides not to press her luck and will withdraw from the area. For all she knew the three had an easier way to cross the gauntlet then the library and might be over here shortly. She still wasn't going to hurry. Alerting the big wolf spirit to her presence would make things so much worse.

Eventually she'll make her way back to the others and finally relax her gift. 'There's at least three of them. We may be having company if they have a way to cross. I don't think the older one saw me but she definitely smelt me.'

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

”We could try talking to them….” Kara said, with a small frown. She didn’t really think that was likely, but it might have been an option at some point. Tucking her phone away, Kara took a deep breath and peered back up towards the wolf spirit.

”****’s never easy…is it?”

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeremy studies the distant Spirit wolf, wondering what kind of power it must have to have such a solid presence.
    Spoiler: Renown Roll
    Show
    Renown= Cunning+Glory =(3d10)[6][2][3](11) , any 10s? (3d10)[9][2][2](13)