New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Pine shrugs at Blaze's response, offering a "Huh," as she mulls it over.

"So what? You just want us to case the local drug stores and pharmacies to see how much we can get?" asks Chris Wentworth, the Wolfblooded with piercing dark brown eyes.

Solomon begins sifting through the pile of hoarded fetishes. There are maybe twenty items in all, including a number of items that exude Essence. However, also buried within the pile is a small black leather bound journal, and a white gold band that may have served as an unassuming wedding ring. The journal appears to be a diary, written in a handwriting that becomes increasingly shaky and disturbed as the entries go on.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

"Pretty much," Blaze said, "here's the list of locations. Problem is if we start buying stuff and someone gets word, that big plague-face is going to come right here and come knocking on our door. So we've got to get everything at once, which means we need to know where it is so we can buy or jack it all in one day. That means doing some homework and making a plan, then executing. Kinda like 'gone in 60 seconds'."
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Sounds good," says Chris, now sounding a little more enthusiastic about the task.

Pine throws a hand on the young man's shoulder, adding, "Sounds good indeed." She nods to Blaze with a supportive affermation before turning to the group of Wolfblooded and proclaiming, "Okay, here's how it's gonna be. We have my van, and James' sedan. Ciara hunny, you are gonna stay here; you have a baby now and I'm not taking no for an answer. Chris, you go with James, and E you will come with me. We'll take the first half of the list, and you boys take the second. I'll call up that good for nothing Sanders and see if he wants to join. There will be more room in my Winnebago anyways." The band's manager, Mitchell Sanders, was of course still staying at the new luxury hotel rather than at the factory. No one seemed to protest Pine's sudden command and within a few minutes the Wolfblooded were getting ready to depart.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear looks around the lair, sadness weighing him down. "We should keep moving. Take everything, we can sort through it later. And lets see what we can do for our fallen brother."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Is there a lore approved funeral rite for fallen Uratha?
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-11-30 at 04:17 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kara shakes her head sullenly, "Let's make it quick then. Standing around the home of a Forsaken that we just killed isn't sitting too well with me."

Show
    I am not a super expert on WtF canon. From what I can tell, there is a Rite from 1E but its a mechanical thing. I'd say Uratha culture is vast and diverse enough that whatever the players want to do is probably acceptable.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo considered briefly the ring was likely the fallen Forsaken's, most likely he'd have liked to be buried with it. On the other hand it may hold all manner of significance he was blind to. He bundled everything together as best he could and stood up again, suddenly feeling a little shaky as he came to his feet too fast. 'We've been here long enough, this essence bleed feels like spikes in the brain. Let's bring him back to the den, he lived there once and it's a better place then here. We'll lay him to rest as best we can.'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Michael offers to help carry the objects, and to bear the weight of the fallen, too, as much as he can.

“Don’t we need to do something before we go though? Shouldn’t we...purify this area or something first?”

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara kicked at the ground absently with a booted foot, anxious to finish and be done with this unwholesome task.

”Maybe…like…fire? Fire is a purifier in a lot of the old faiths. Burn it all?”
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    I already posted this in the OOC thread, but in case not everyone follows both threads closely:

I don't want to leave things dragging, but it looks like the group is still discussing. If you want me to move things along, please let me know (either IC or OOC) what the group in the cave is doing next/now.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    I'm happy to move on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear hesitates at the mention of fire. "It is a purifier, but the last time we called on fire spirits it didn't exactly go well."

Show
    Honestly I'm not sure what to do here, but don't want to hold things up.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    If everyone is that stumped, we can simply hand wave it and say "The Pack collects all objects of interest before returning to the body and performing a simple burial right for the fallen Uratha." Does that sound good, or do we want to do more?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

I'm copacetic with that.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show

So I posted this in the OOC thread two days ago:
    If it wasn't clear, I am waiting for at least one more player to weigh in before moving things forward. Erulasto, thank you for the response.

Anyone???
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135

Beholder

Show
    I’m fine with that too

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Oh sorry, thought I'd already replied, yeah I'm fine to move on.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Uratha gathered in the cave begin the hasty process of gathering any objects of possible interest; stripping Silent Fang's den of some of his most personal belongings. With the unsavory task complete, the Anchor Wolves return outside, only to find the recently passed Uratha's body already beset by a swarm of hungry spirits. The scavengers take to the air when the Anchor Wolves descend on the body, fleeing the wrath of the pack of apex predators.

The Anchor Wolves quickly dig a makeshift grave for Silent Fang, a task befitting the more lupine Uratha forms, placing a cairn of stones as a marker when the body is buried. Led by Kara, the story teller and voice of the Anchor Wolves, the pack sing a low First Tongue prayer in mourning of the lost Uratha, hopefully laying Silent Fang's soul to rest and sending him back to Mother Luna.

Their task complete but still heavy on their shoulders, The Anchor Wolves return to their den to fill Blaze and the Wolf Blooded in on what they have discovered, and the sin they have committed.

Show
    Wooh! Hallelujah we can star moving things along. Sorry for whatever was on my end leading to this recent stall. Looking forward to moving things forward.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-12-10 at 05:47 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bears says to Izidakh at some point, "I know you came for Michael's sake alone, but still, thank you for your assistance. I know our kind do not have the best reputation among spirits, and that at least some of that poor reputation is well earned. But it is my hope that our pack at least can earn the respect of spirits like yourself."

Back at the den, Bear sets down his portion of the haul and slumps into a chair, the day's happenings weighing on him heavily. Gesturing to the items before him, he states, "We need to go through this, especially the journal. And we should probably select an item or two to enshrine for the sake of Silent Fang's memory."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-12-11 at 09:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo set aside the serpentine klaive with a stony face 'This artifact caused Juno to be lost to us, I'd like to reserve it until the hunt to reclaim her. The ring we should enshrine, assuming it has no special spiritual significance. The diary could be critical, that should be our next step before anything.'
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

Beholder

Michael reaches out for the journal.

“I always liked reading. Maybe I can go through it and fill you in.”

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

”Sounds like a plan to me.” Kara mused thoughtfully. ”I can give Michael a hand with the journal if that works. Always loved..like…reading.”

”But…we should be careful. I kinda feel like the journal might have some bad mojo in it, y’know?”

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: Bear and Izidakh
    Show
    The dog spirit's ears perk up at Bear's words, and Izidakh turns its head ever so slightly as if confused. "It was for Michael, and for the betterment of The Hisil. Your pack fought honorably." With this Izidakh's lips curl up in something like a smile, its long pink tongue relaxing to hang out of the side of its gaping fanged mouth. Some of the other dogs in the pack bark their agreement.

Show
    Letting the players continue conversing
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

'Aye, Blaze should look over it before you open it,' he slid the wedding ring across the table to the Ithaeur 'And this, before we enshrine it.' It was good to have a spirit master, one who he could pass these nebulous problems onto. The expression on his face was one of pure expectation, to him it was unthinkable that Blaze, or any Forsaken, would refuse the duties of the role Luna had marked them with.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-12-13 at 07:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144

Beholder

Michael’s hand jerked back just before he was about to touch the journal and then he nodded quickly. It was never as simple as just a journal in this new world.

“Yeah...I forgot about that. Blaze should look this thing over before we touch it.”

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

”We’re keepin’ Blaze pretty busy!” Kara laughed good-naturedly. ”Probably going to need to cut him a bit of slack around the house, y’know? Let him off chore-duty for a bit.”

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“I’ll hold you to that,” Blaze said, “I’ll make a trip out to the tainted den to purify it once we have a chance. Anyone who wants to see how good ol’ fashioned geomancy works is welcome to come.”

Blaze filled in the others on what he’d found / done while they were hunting in the Hisil.

He then took a look at the recovered artifacts to determine if there was any danger, and what their functions are.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-12-17 at 08:41 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Elise rolls her eyes at Blazes offer, instead turning to Solomon and saying excitedly, "Nah! We're gonna go after those gangsters now, right? I can go get my baseball bat!"

(OOC@ALL: Please see the OOC thread)
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze took a look at the items recovered from the lair, and informed the Pack of what he could make of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    So that's five successes making Blaze's roll an Exceptional Success.

The ring that was brought back is mundane, though it is heavy with spiritual resonance. It was probably the Uratha's actual wedding ring; perhaps a sadly discarded or perhaps purposefully safeguarded vestige of Silent Fang's humanity.

Though no powerful Klaive is found, Blaze does stumble upon a makeshift pouch, fashioned from some sort of animal pelt and tied up with a yellowing twine. The packet contains five lustrous nut-brown spiky seeds. By their shape and Essence alone, Blaze can tell that these seeds are natural to The Hisil, and their existence within the has turned them an inert waxy color.

Lastly, Blaze takes the time to read through the terribly sad story of Silent Fang's time in New Bedford and his descent into madness, detailed by his journal. Silent Fang had been the second in command, married to the Alpha of the Harbor Wolves, Spirit Talons, an Ithauer who had been killed when the Beshilu collapsed the pack's property by burrowing the foundation out from under them. Blaze gains the "Informed (Harbor Wolves)" Condition.

EDIT: I intend on having a "new" OOC thread ready by the end of the weekend, given we are running out of room.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    Please don't forget to take a look at the new OOC thread, and post your character information in it, in case you missed the update.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

Beholder

“I’m game to take on a few gangers...if you two will have me along.”

Michael shot a smile to both E and Solo.