New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford by Night: WtF II

Bear looks to the others, "We do this, we'll not only be on the offensive for the first time, but if we fail to be thorough it won't be enough. If things go bad it could be warfare in the streets. Either way, this means a lot of blood, some of it no doubt innocent. Are we prepared for that?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

There was a fair bit of conflict on Kara’s face at the notion of taking care of the gangers. It was one thing to concede to the violence that was required to purge the Beshilu or other nasty spirits.

This? This was something else entirely.

Bear was right. Not only in going on the offensive, but in that a pack of werewolves rampaging through gang territory was going to be a messy affair.

Something about it made the bile rise in the back of her throat.

”Is…that something you guys can..like…do without my help?” Kara asked tentatively. The Cahalith may have thrown herself headfirst into their encounters with everything else they’d encountered so far, but the notion of shedding human blood brought her worries and fears about being a Uratha back to stark reality.

”I’ve…got a few things I’ve been meaning to take care of, y’know? Some questions I need answering.”
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“I missed something,” Blaze said, “why are we going to go after a bunch of wannabe gangsters when we’ve got a plague lord to kill, weaponized banes to create, and Tanis Root to collect?”

“I mean yeah sure they’re no good, but let’s not get distracted,” Blaze continued, “also Bear, do we want to call in reinforcements to fight the plague lord? Now is the time to ask if we want to give them a heads up.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Happy Holidays everyone. I have a feeling post rate is a little low due to RL responsibilities and well earned holiday relaxation. I am simply posting here to state that I am under the assumption the characters still need to discuss more. If need be, I will take control of Solomon to help move things forward, as he hasn't had a post in over a week.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-12-26 at 08:53 AM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

”Um…the Plague Lord is a really…like…immediate threat. So you’re right it needs to be taken care of. But…” Kara let her words trail off, fingers nervously fidgeting with the strap of her bag. ”We need as much information as we can get, y’know? I…might have a way of getting more. But I’ll need the rest of the night to take care of it. Can…we spare the time? If you guys wanted to find something else to do to prep? Maybe…like…get our reinforcements or something and we can go after it tomorrow?”

Idly, Kara slipped Atant from her bag and tapped her fingers across the screen. Checking her sizable contacts list to see if there was someone…anyone…who could get the item she needed.

Show

Benno, as I mentioned in that PM, Kara is going to try and find someone who can get her some LSD or ecstasy. I figure it’d be harder to find someone since they’re still new to town, but worst case scenario…Knowles or the Reveler?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Solomon casts Kara a slightly disappointed glare and says, "If you do not wish to join us, that's up to you." His nostrils flare in a rather lupine fashion. He turns his attention to Blaze and replies to the Ithauer's question, saying, "According to Bear, the kids came after us and were shooting at the Wolf Blooded."

E nods her head, eyes hard and hungry for vengeance. Solomon looks to Bear for a nod of affirmation before continuing, "Our job is to maintain our territory, purifying it from corruption whether that be spiritual or human. Those humans are a threat to our hold on this land, and I think Bear is right that if we don't act, they will come for us again."

Solomon turns back to Bear and says, "I leave it up to you regarding contacting Knowlton for reinforcements. I don't think it's a bad idea, and at the very least, we should update him that we are still alive and tell him what we have discovered."

Spoiler: OOC@Erulasto
    Show
    Perhaps Kara should ask Michael for help with a "connect"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Oh, that’s different,” Blaze said, “I didn’t know they came for us. We gotta take care of them yeah.”

He looked at Bear.

“Sounds like we have a lot going on, who’s going to do what?” he asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-12-27 at 10:02 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods, "They were more interested in me, but they were firing at this building in general, without care for who else they might hit. We do need to deal with them, but those responsible are dead, and there's no sign of an immediate threat from them. As much as I want to get back at them, the plague king is the greater threat, so it should take priority."

"Yes, let us contact Knowlton. Whether they choose to help or not, we should definitely inform them of what we have learned. If all else fails, someone else might be able to succeed after us."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The group retrieves Michael Knowlton's number, calling him on a cellphone placed on speaker phone. Knowlton's line rings multiple times before finally picking up. When the Alpha of the Arrow Heads Pack does respond, his voice is hesitant and removed, "Hello? Michael Knowlton. Who am I speaking with?" Perhaps he never saved the contact information of the pack members...

Show
    I am still waiting on players to update the new OOC thread with their character information
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear puts the phone on speaker. "This is Bear, you're on speaker with the Anchor Wolves. We are preparing to take on a king plague spirit, easily the most powerful I've ever seen. If we fail, matters here could easily start spilling over into your territory. Figured you could use a heads up if nothing else." He'll start explaining what they've found out, prompting others in the pack to tell what they know better than he.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-12-30 at 08:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara’s expression fell somewhat at Solomon’s palpable disapproval. It wasn’t as if she wasn’t already feeling a bit guilty, nor was it that she didn’t want to help. But how could she explain to the rest of her Pack that there was something important coming. Something bad. Worse than the Beshilu and the Plague Lord and she needed to know about it.

As the conversation continued without her, she turned to Michael a bit sheepishly. ”So…you’re from here, yeah? I don’t…suppose…you know anyone who could get their hands on some LSD for the Reveller?”

Show

That was a fantastic idea, Benno. One I hadn’t thought of!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Shiiiiiit.... Bear?" Knowlton says, the words colored by a chuckle, "I wasn't sure if you pups were still alive out there. Glad to hear from you." There is a pause on the other end as Bear finishes his statement. The reply merits a whistle followed by, "The King Plague Spirit? You pups figured out it's Bane yet? I take it the spirit's tied to the Beshilu infestation?"

Spoiler: OOC@Daishain:
    Show
    FYI the pack is the Anchor Wolves. The Harbor Wolves are the pack that was in New Bedford before the players came in. ALSO, I still need you to post in the new OOC thread PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze

“Yeah,” Blaze chimed in, “it’s allergic to natural remedies, like witch hazel and tanis root, that kind of stuff. It’s definitely working with the rats, they opened a portal so it could cross into the Flesh.”
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"That makes a good bit of sense, I guess," he says in his dry New England drawl, "And what about the Harbor Wolves? Were you able to learn anything about what happened to them?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear slowly states, "They didn't pay enough attention to the Beshilu, and didn't notice the rats were very busy tunneling under their sanctuary. Soon enough the little abominations collapsed the ground beneath the feet of our brothers. Their spirit walker survived and fled into the Hisil, but by the time we found him, he had lost his mind. We were unable to bring him back."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"That's very unfortunate," Knowlton says without any surprise. There is a pause on the other line before he says, "You pups seem to be doing a decent job out there then. Everything under control?" This he says a little more enthusiastically, like he means the compliment.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear pauses before answering, "I'm not sure I would go that far, we've knocked them around a good bit, and I think we've got a good approach to hit this king spirit hard. But this next bit's gonna be rough, and if we fall as well, this place is going to get way out of control in a hurry, the gauntlet's already paper thin in several places. Its bad enough that I almost wish we could make use of a few Azlu around here to patch it up in a hurry."

"There's something else you should know, we think there's something even worse than the plague spirit king in the area. Out in the harbor we think. It drove the Beshilu inland, and some of the townsfolk here are showing physical changes and even showing up to ceremonies that are really weird by the standards of their kind. Frankly I don't know what to make of it, but what little we know is freaking us out. It took one of ours as well, Juno, the other Rahu in our pack. As far as we can tell she was just snatched from the shoreline, didn't have a chance to fight back."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

"I know a spirit that can give us some answers to that, I think." Kara piped up a little reluctantly. "I've seen it in my dreams. Something dark and deep and terrifying." The Cahalith shivered at the memories. Whales and blood.

"That's...what I want to take care of. If Michael knows someone who can get me something to help...like...force a dream? I don't know. Worth a try."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is a long pause on the other line after Kara and Bear finish speaking. When Knowlton finally replies, his words are cautious, maybe even reticent. "That's very disconcerting. A very telling sign of just how toxic the Beshilu have made New Bedford by damaging the Gauntlet," he says. There is another pause before he adds, "And I'm sorry to hear about Juno."

Michael taps Kara on the shoulder, finally replying to her earlier request. Blushing he says, "Ya, I'm pretty sure I know where I can get you some... stuff." He says 'stuff' like it were a naughty word, blushing slightly, and Kara can only help but remember that he was just a regular college student a few weeks ago. "Give me a few hours. How much do you need?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

”Um…” Kara began, ”I don’t know…like…maybe…a sixty bucks worth? I figure I need something strong to like...get it done right, y’know?”

Kara reached into her bag and pulled a handful of crumpled bills from her wallet and handed them to Michael sheepishly.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Almost reflexively, Michael whistles before saying, "This is New Bedford Kara, that's gonna be a lot of acid for one person, a good three or four tabs."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh...umm...well, okay. Maybe like...two tabs? At most? That...should be enough." Kara muttered.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Michael chuckles, offering Kara an awkward slap on the back and says, "Don't worry about it. Depending on how things go I can maybe get you some within the next couple of hours..." He trails off to give his attention back to the conversation, trying to appear the good soldier and eager pup.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Almost as an afterthought to his agreement, Michael takes out his phone and starts scrolling through his contacts. He definitely knew a guy, someone at one of the shows who he’d started talking to during some of his friends’ “purchases” and then kept talking to. It was something that began with a J...he kept scrolling til he found the number for a person named Jason. He was pretty sure that was him.

Show
    Sorry, very busy holiday times. I was leaving Michael’s phone search vague because he does have Contacts 2 with rock fans, and Allies 1 with bars and venues. Those combined should probably handle something like this, but its not a high rating so I didn’t want to make it like a well-known acquiantance.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

"Perfect!" Kara flashed Michael a charming smile before looking back to the rest of the Pack. One step forward....let's see how many more they could take before they had to take a couple back.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear turns his attention back to the phone, "In any case, us pups would like to live through another winter, so if you have any advice for dealing with this thing, our ears are pricked."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-01-03 at 07:45 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It wasn't hard to remember and pull up Jason's number. Michael sent a quick text message to the kid. He was a friend of Zachary, and a student at U Mass Dartmouth. Jason seemed to try too hard to affect the stereotype of a "Wigger", always wearing jeans three sizes too big attached to an oversized wallet by a chain. He wore a Wu Tang beanie over his blond dread locks, and oversized hoodies representing rappers from the 90's. But Jason knew of some of the best new local musical talents, and was getting good weed (among stronger stuff) from a reliable source up in Canada. However uncomfortable it was interacting with Jason, he was a useful contact.

Jason's reply text reads, "Yo G. I got you. Come to my crib anytime today and I'll hook you up." Jason had a grungy apartment in the neighborhood surrounding U Mass Dartmouth; a studio filled with molding furniture and more bongs than one human really needed.

Spoiler: @Earthenrite
    Show
    Please please please post your character sheet in the new OOC thread!

Bear turns his attention back to the phone, "In any case, us pups would like to live through another winter, so if you have any advice for dealing with this thing, our ears are pricked."
    Again, Knowlton chuckles before replying, "Well shoot... be careful and don't get killed?" He pauses for a moment, collecting himself so that his tone is more serious before he speaks. The pack alpha says, "In all seriousness though, it sounds like you kids are doing the right thing; staying cautious and learning what you can about your enemies. Just keep it up. We'll be happy to help out if you need it but... well, just be aware that if The Arrow Heads get involved my pack will feel like they have a right to some of New Bedford, and you may find your territory getting a bit smaller. And that's going to be true of any pack of Uratha you call in for help; to the victor go the spoilers and all that."

This wasn't a threat, just a statement that immediately rings true for the listening Uratha. A pack was expected to be able to defend their own territory, and if another pack had to come in to clean up, they were likely gonna expect a chunk of space to call their own.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara stood idly by as she waited for Michael to reach out to his contact. The Cahalith would be more than willing to go with Michael to pick up the goods, if the younger Uratha didn’t mind her tagging along.

Maybe she could even use some of her wiles to secure a better price? If there was one thing Kara was good at – aside from singing – it was getting people to do what she wanted.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    Waiting for others to post. Assuming people are just busy with work??? Still waiting for ER and Ladorak to post in the OOC thread. Will move things along this weekend if I'm not getting any replies just to keep things moving. Please PM me if there are issues.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear nods at Knowlton's words. If none else have anything to say, he'll wrap up the call. "All right then, we'll do what we can, if you don't hear from us within a few days, we're probably in no position to complain about territory. If it comes to that, I strongly suggest banding together with a few other packs to take this place by force. We don't want this mess spilling anywhere else."

After hanging up, he'll briefly look at Kara, "Be careful with that stuff, and let us know when you plan to zonk out on it."

To everyone else he'll state, "All right, so, Obliterate's bane, where are we on getting a hold of what we need?"