Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Spell] True necromancy at its finest and most useful.

necromancy

Because of this dictionary definition of necromancy and the time of the year, I have decided to post my own little homebrew necromancy spell for all of you to enjoy. I hope this makes you happy.

Corpse Analysis
    Necromancy

Level:
    Sor/Wiz 1, Knowledge or Repose 1, Death focused Druid 1
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 10 minutes
    Range: 5 ft.
    Target: One dead creature
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: none
    Spell Resistance: No

Using hair, tissue or blood samples you can determine the precise cause and time of death of one individual. This spell also reveals the amount of force used by the assailant. It can also be used to determine how many times the victim was struck before death and find self defense wounds, if any exist.

Material Component: A drop of blood, a half square inch of skin or a single strand of hair. Neither prevents raise dead or resurrection. Is not effect by eschew matierals or similar feats.

It's a lot more CSI than pure horror, but some of you might like it anyway. I just felt like I had to post this spell right about now.
    Last edited by Duke Malagigi; 2007-10-15 at 02:07 PM.
    On the issue of killer or sadistic DMs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Pladoh
    That sort of person is not worthy of being a Game Master of any sort. The GM is there to entertain and bring enjoyment to the player group, thus being entertained and enjoying himself likewise. Soneone that finds pleasure in making others unhappy is a sad case indeed. That kind of GM should be left alone to lurk in online MMP games to ambush newbies' characters as they enter the setting :]

Cheers,
    Gary

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: [Spell] True necromancy at its finest and most useful. PEACH

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Malagigi View Post
    necromancy

Because of this dictionary definition of necromancy and the time of the year, I have decided to post my own little homebrew necromancy spell for all of you to enjoy. I hope this makes you happy.

Corpse Analysis
    Necromancy

Level:
    Sor/Wiz 4

Using hair, tissue or blood samples you can determine the precise cause and time of death of one individual. This spell also reveals the amount of force used by the assailant. It can also be used to determine how many times the victim was struck before death and find self defense wounds, if any exist.

Material Component: A drop of blood, a half square inch of skin or a single strand of hair. Neither prevents raise dead or resurrection. Is not effect by eschew matierals or similar feats.

It's a lot more CSI than pure horror, but some of you might like it anyway. I just felt like I had to post this spell right about now.
    can probably be level one. and why do clerics and druids not get this?

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    can probably be level one. and why do clerics and druids not get this?
    I reduced it to level 1 and put it into the Knowledge and Repose domains. I also gave the spell to druids using my variant.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Malagigi View Post
    necromancy

Corpse Analysis
    Necromancy

Level:
    Sor/Wiz 1, Knowledge or Repose 1, Death focused Druid 1

Every time someone takes the term 'necromancy' literally, Vecna kills a catgirl.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Maerok View Post
    Every time someone takes the term 'necromancy' literally, Vecna kills a catgirl.
    Doesn't Vecna have anything better to do with his time? He's a lich-god of secrecy, death, madness, paranoia, knowledge and magic. Killing catgirls, ha, I thought Vecna would consider that beneath him. I always figured that he would focus on something tougher, like paragon, half-celstial, psudonatrual unicorn saints with 23 levels in wizard. Now that seems like a worthy chalenge for Vecna now, dosen't it?
    Last edited by Duke Malagigi; 2007-10-15 at 06:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Spell] True necromancy at its finest and most useful.

That's too obvious. Helloooo, he's the god of secrecy and paranoia.

7. - Top - End - #7

That's too obvious. Helloooo, he's the god of secrecy and paranoia.
    True, but he acts like a whimp on purpose. Now, should I make a half-celsetial, paragon, epic psudonatural unicorn saint with 23 levels in wizard?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm sorry, how does one take the term "necromancy" literally? That would be liking taking the word "house" literally, or "indefatigable."
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Necromancy, translated literally, is communication with ghosts and corpses, as opposed to the meaning that has been in place since the middle ages, which includes all sorts of black magic.