New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

Kuzit bows in front of Gharen. "My name is Kuzit Anav, and this is Tobias. We were at the good professor's funeral. We're looking into the circumstances of it, and we were hoping to speak to the councilmembers about him, in light of... recent events." She was doing her best to mimic a formal cadence, even if it wasn't her normal voice. It likely sounds a bit stilted, but hopefully not enough so to be more awkward than the alternative.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Augustin Mikhail Luna
    Hit Ponts: 14 of 14 l Conditions: None.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-10-12 at 09:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

"Perhaps, but people, they do not trust a dhampir easily in Qadira, much less in a land where the undead are a true plague," Kara says as the group walks back to Kendra's home. "Even less so one who casts spells and burns, hm? And then there is a large and imposing man, a dragon-kin, we are not so approachable a group as might be hoped. It will take time and work, I think, to earn anything resembling trust from these folk." She sighs and shakes her head.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Oh, yeah, I remember ya now, from the funeral earlier. Tis' a sad affair, to be sure. Come in. Leaving the door open, he walks with an easy gait to a table and pulls a few chairs up to it. Have a seat. Now, what's it that ya wanted to talk about?
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tobias comes in with a respectful nod and takes his seat. "Well, to begin with, we were hoping you could tell us a little more about the relationship that Professor Lorrimor had with the town. Some folks certainly didn't seem to like him, if today was anything to go by." He figures that this is a safe enough point to lead off with--although he intends to leave the more delicate questions about the other councilmembers to the more diplomatic kobold.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Well, as Vashian said, the folks today were rabble-rousers, not the usual folk of the town. But besides that, the good professor did have a habit of retreating into his books and being very secretive about his doings. That and the superstition of the villagers lead to lotsa rumors about 'im spreading. That unpopularity among the villagers almost cost me my seat on the council, ta be honest, 'cause he was a good friend of mine. He shakes his head and sighs.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

7. - Top - End - #97

Kuzit pipes up. "Was he unpopular with the council? We saw there were only two of you there, was there a reason the others weren't...?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Nah, not so much that, but more that the other two are more concerned for their reputation then the good professor. As far as I know, he weren't on bad terms with 'em.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Kara walks up, having been given directions to where the others had gone, and sees the door open. She walks up, listens briefly, then knocks on the door frame and goes in. "Hello," she says. "Kara is my name, I am another friend of the late professor's. I am sorry to say, the temple of Pharasma will be no help to us in this matter - not unless the town trusts us and I think that not so likely, hm?"

10. - Top - End - #100

Kuzit nods at Kara as she walks in. "That's bad... is there anything we can help the village out with, Councilman? Make ourselves more welcomed? I imagine if the other two didn't see the point in attending the funeral, they won't talk to us either, so we need to get some goodwill somewhere!"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

At Kara's entrance, Gharen stands up and bows in her direction. Welcome, dear lady, to my humble abode.

He grabs another chair and sits down in it, offering his chair to Kara. After Kuzit speaks, he says, Hmm...well, I guess my paper boy, Pevrin, hasn't stopped by yet. He must be all tied up with chores at home, so you could copy my paper onta three other peices of paper and post them on the four news poles around the town. The poles always have a few jobs posted on 'em, too, but mostly mundane ones.

'sides that, Sherrif Caeller always has jobs for those skilled in combat. I can tell you where to find his office, if that's what you'd prefer.

And finally, you can go to the tavern and lookout for rumors. Zokar'd be happy to have you-he was a good friend of the professor's. If you head there, send Pevrin over to me, alright?

But before ya go, a word of warning. Folk here are superstitious, and you oughta avoid using magic if not absolutely necessary. Too much, and folk would run ya out of town for 'Witchcraft!'.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Augustin Mikhail Luna
    Hit Ponts: 14 of 14 l Conditions: None.

Feeling concerned for Kendra's safety, Luna declined to go and seek out the other's after the meeting with the Pharasmin clergy, and instead wandered the streets of the town, given the late hour they appeared largely empty, but it had been suggested to make oneself of some use to the town. He was familiar enough with small villages to realize that, in some cases requests, notices, and other such information was posted centrally at the center of the town, and so he wandered there to review the parchment.

While not entirely unintelligent, Luna did struggle with the written word, and so could be seen to be slowly tracing the words with a finger as he sounded out the sentence itself, finally, after struggling through the various postings, he grabbed the ones that were the most relevent and wandered back to Lorrimer's estate, to ensure that Kendra herself was safe. He planned, once there, to grab a bottle of wine, and read the postings slowly on the porch while we waited for his companions return.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maronne

Deciding that she doesn't have much to add in the conversations with the councilpeople, Maronne decides to join Luna in his search for interesting tasks for the group to accomplish. She doesn't attempt to make much conversation, instead deciding to keep her ears open for any interesting conversation to reach her ears. Perhaps she'd be able to find someone in need of assistance that way.
    Characters in play:

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tobais nods to the councilman. "We'd be glad to help out." He's making a bit of an assumption on the others' part, but he feels it's a safe one. "Thank you for the advice. And..." he pauses, glancing at Kuzit, before continuing. "We've run into evidence that Professor Lorrimor was investigating some unsavory folks when he died, and that they may still be around and causing trouble. You hear a lot about what happens in the town, yes? It might be helpful if you do pick up on anything odd going on."
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Oh, I'm not much of a public man no more, actually. Zokar would be the one to tell, if anyone. He hears all sorts of talk, bein' the tavern keeper.

He hands you a long piece of paper with several short articles on what happened in Ravengro and surrounding areas over the past week. Copy this three times and put it up on the posts. They're not hard to spot, and there are four in all, one in each corner of town. I can't give you exact directions, as I don't often check the posts myself.

The task is simple, but time consuming, and once it's completed the moon is high in the sky and the sun is nowhere to be found.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

"We should head back to Kendra's, make sure that nothing has happened and then go to sleep, I think," Kara says, turning her feet in that direction. She was already weary from the long travel; the late night has only made the fatigue dragging at her limbs more of a burden.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

As you walk back towards the center of town, all seems quiet.
    Spoiler: Kuzit only
    Show
    You hear a faint screaming sound coming from the left, far behind you. It sounds like the kind of sound cats make when afraid. If you turn in that direction, you see a small wooden hut with a thatched roof between a few trees. The sound continues for a few more seconds, then is silent.

None of the shops are open, and there are few houses in this area. It seems like the town has all gone to sleep, besides you.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

18. - Top - End - #108

Kuzit looks to the others with her. "I hear screaming... we should go look, someone might be in danger! ...right?" Kuzit carefully starts making her way towards the source of the noise, checking behind her to see if the others are coming.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Kara immediately follows after Kuzit, one hand reaching into her bag and pulling out a heavy flask filled with shimmering liquid. She handles it very carefully, delicately.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

As you approach the small cottage, you see someone running away from the other side of the house with a head-shaped object in their hand. But wait... That's strange. The person's speed is so fast, it's unnatural. Their legs are moving faster than should be possible for a person.

OOC: Everyone can probably open the spoiler from my previous post now. If you want to chase the person that's running, roll me an acrobatics check.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tobias follows after the others, and is briefly taken aback at the figure fleeing the cabin. Despite its speed, he takes off after it as quick as he can.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Acrobatics: (1d20+1)[8]

-----

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Unfortunately for Tobias, unfamiliarity with the terrain combined with the darkness of the night means that he trips and falls over a bush.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Kara stares and shakes her head, not even trying to run after the fleeing figure. "No good, no good," she says. "In its hand, did you see, it was a head. Someone has died this night...."

24. - Top - End - #114

Kuzit takes off as well, hoping she can succeed where Tobias fell.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Acrobatics- (1d20)[13]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Kuzit manages to make it quite a bit farther than Tobias, but her short size means that before she can catch up, the person has disappeared into the night.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

26. - Top - End - #116

Kuzit stumbles back to the others, grumbling. "Not good, not good... if someone died, and we were nearby, and we're new... we might have to be afraid of the townsfolk in the morning. I suggest we get away quickly if we want to not be hated."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

"Agreed," Kara says simply, and hurries off towards Kendra's home.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Walking through the town, you feel a sense of foreboding, as though what happened tonight was a sign of things to come. Approaching Kendra's house, you see Augustin and Maronne poring over some papers together, Augustin with a bottle in his hand.

Spoiler: Augustin and Maronne
    Show
    OOC:Kendra doesn't have beds for everyone. There's one in a guest room, and everyone else has to sleep in sleeping bags which she's laid out on the floor. She told you this before she went to bed, so feel free to share it with the rest of the party.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maronne

The halfling looks up from her papers as the other three enter the room. "Hey, you're back. Find anything interesting? We've come up with a few things that may be interesting if we want to build up some trust with the villagers." She looks at the papers before her. "So uh... There's two people who need someone to deliver things for them, which seems useful. There's a drinking contest, which might net us a few contacts if approached right. Something about a bard performing in the Outward Inn. He's famous and foreign so who knows what sort of people that'll attract. And then there's a club by a man named Gibs'. Something about making the town better. It says no witches. Here, read it for yourself."

Spoiler: Postings
    Show
    HELP WANTED

Two individuals skilled in accounting to take an inventory of our assets and deliver them across town.

Bring collateral to the Silk Purse this Starday, the 5th.

Reward: Any item worth 50 or less gold from our assets, or 25 gold.

Thanks,
    Luramin and Quess

Liquid Ghosts drinking contest!!!!!
    Hey, all
    would anyof you like to drink some liquid ghosts
    because i have an offer for you
    we drink as many liquid ghosts as we can
    and losers pay for the winner drinks
    and a bowl of corpse chowder to wash itall down
    what do y say?
    meet at the laughing demon at sunset this fireday
    Arthko Lavent

THE GREAT AND WONDERFUL FIO XIE IS COMING
    FIO XIE is a famous bard from a distant land. He will be arriving and living in the Outward Inn on Moonday until Sunday, and performing there everyday. ENJOY!!!!

Gibs' club
    All townsfolk oughta come to Gibs' club, where we dicuss the problems with the town and figure out what we can do to make it bettr.
    meet at gibs house every Sunday
    NO WITCHES ALLOWED!!!!
    Gibs Hephenus

"Oh, and there's also bad news. There's just one bed, which means most of us are sleeping in our sleeping bags."
    Characters in play:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

"Our news is more dire I am afraid," Kara says, sitting down wearily and looking at the postings. "On the way back we encountered...something, it looked like a person but far too fast. It had a head in its hand, or so it appeared. Someone has died this night, I think, and I fear it may be tied to the late professor's worries."