Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 206
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    "We'll need to stick together if we're going to make any headway... or else they'll pick the biggest outlier and target them." Kuzit omits the next part, which is 'and that's me'. "I couldn't really handle as much drink as one of you, and they might already think I'm a witch, so... I think I'll go visit the bard? I might be able to make some friends there."
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Maronne

    The halfling nods. "Sounds like a good idea, I suppose. I could have a look at the delivery job. It involves taking inventory, my skills should come in handy there. Might need a hand to carry stuff though."

    "We have more pressing concerns first though. Who's taking the bed?"
    Characters in play:

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Augustin Mikhail Luna
    Hit Ponts: 14 of 14 l Conditions: None.


    Luna nodded at Maronne, "I am good at carrying stuff," he shrugged, "floors fine, I've slept on worse ground." And as he spoke he went inside to where there host had spread out a number of sleeping bags, he threw his own bedrool beneath it, stripped off his armor, revealing a number of scars across his back and chest, before curling in for the evening.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    "The floor is fine for me as well," Kara says. "I have a bedroll and can easily sleep with that. I think it best that I do that now - tomorrow is bidding fair to be a long day." She goes inside and finds a quiet spot in the corner to curl up in, and stares at the ceiling for what feels like a good while before she finally falls asleep.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Tobias gets up and brushes himself off as the figure flees into the darkness. "That... is certainly not good. Things are definitely going on here that bear looking into."

    Tobias offers to take the floor as well.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Kuzit is remaining quiet. She doesn't want to ask for the bed, but if everyone else is going to do the noble thing, she might get it by default!
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Kuzit, having gotten the bed, was quite happy- but when she awakens in the morning, she looks as though she hasn't gotten a wink of rest, and she's shaking, clutching Aktathk close. He seems mildly annoyed by it.
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Syless View Post
    Kuzit, having gotten the bed, was quite happy- but when she awakens in the morning, she looks as though she hasn't gotten a wink of rest, and she's shaking, clutching Aktathk close. He seems mildly annoyed by it.
    As Kuzit gets out of bed, she notices that, above the window, her name is still there, written in blood...
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

    Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Seeing the message once more, she stumbles out of the room to where the others are staying. "C-c-come here! Something happened!"
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Tobias rushes into the room, and pulls up short when he sees the gruesome message. "Well... that's certainly alarming." He climbs up onto the bed, attempting to reach the ceiling and see if it's actual blood, an illusion, or some other kind of trickery.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Unfortunately, Tobias is an alchemist, so he can't just detect magic on it.

    Craft (Alchemy) check to see if it's blood or some other kind of alchemical substance? (1d20+7)[25]
    Will save for interacting with an illusion? (1d20+1)[6]

    If either doesn't apply, disregard, or let me know if there's something else I'd need to roll.
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Kara wakes early, and rushes in immediately when Kuzit calls. Upon seeing the name in blood, she...stares. And her expression, if anyone looks away long enough to see it, isn't frightened or disturbed or worried for a friend.

    It's just hungry.

    She shakes it off after a few seconds, and says, "This is very concerning, and for many reasons. Whose blood is that, I wonder, and what happened to them? Hm. I think it is best we sleep in shifts while this menace is about. It seems to have become aware of us, personally."
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Augustin Mikhail Luna
    Hit Ponts: 14 of 14 l Conditions: None.


    Hearing the commotion, Luna stands, still dressed in his small clothes, grabs sword and shield, and proceeds outside the house, checking outside the window for footprints, or sign of their harrasser. He can be seen shaking his head, muttering, "This will not stand. If they think to scare us away ...," his grip tightens noticeably on his weapons hilt.

    OOC: Survival; (1d20+5)[25], and Perception (1d20+5)[12] while searching the area outside the window.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    There doesn't appear to be any sign of much of anything outside the house. The road is wet, and a little muddy, but there are no traces of anyone, despite the favorable conditions.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

    Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    "I... had a dream. I was in a prison cell. The door was locked, the windows were barred. And then... the writing appeared and, and... I woke up. I think we're being warned, but... not by people."
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Maronne

    Maronne, being last to join the others, listens to Kuzil's story and looks up. "Well... That's disconcerting to say the least. Not people, you say?" She ponders for a moment.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Can Maronne roll a knowledge check to see if she knows any entities that would operate in this way to scare people?
    Knowledge (religion): (1d20+7)[14]
    Knowledge (planes): (1d20+7)[19]
    Characters in play:

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Kara thinks for a moment, and her expression darkens. "A prison cell? Like those in Harrowstone, I expect. Whatever is in those ruins, it knows of us, then. It is...threatening us? Something of that nature. Ominous, yes. I think perhaps we will need to investigate the prison, more than we need to be friends in town."
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Maronne

    The halfling shakes her head. "Nope. Not sure what could do this. Well, there's a lot of things that could do this. Someone's trying to scare us, that's for sure." She turns to Kara. "That might work too. I'm up for whatever you guys decide. We need to figure out what's going on here."
    Characters in play:

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    As you speak, a boy comes running from the direction of the town square. He's panting and out of breath. Seeing Augustin, he turns towards him and says, Excuse me, sir, but have you seen Sheriff Caeller? I can't seem to find him anywhere.
    Last edited by PhyrexianShovel; 2019-10-24 at 08:51 AM.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

    Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Kara walks up just in time to catch the boy's words and frowns. "No, we've not seen him. Did something happen?" Her voice is calm, but her body language is very tense, on edge.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    My parents saw something on the Harrowstone memorial, ma'am. They won't tell me what it is, only that I should find the Sherrif and get him to look at it.
    Last edited by PhyrexianShovel; 2019-10-26 at 06:10 PM.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

    Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Kara pauses, and a troubled look flits across her face and is gone. "Thank you. We'll keep an eye out for the sheriff, and let him know if we see him," she says. Then, once the boy is gone, she goes and fetches the others. "Something has been seen, on the Harrowstone memorial," she says. "I think it unlikely to be a coincidence. I intend to go look at it at once, but it is best we stick together in such troubled times, yes?"
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Augustin Mikhail Luna
    Hit Ponts: 14 of 14 l Conditions: None.


    Luna leaned down to the young lad, "Who are your parents boy? And why were they at the Memorial?"

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Uh, my parents are farmers, sir. We were gathering water from the river when my ma saw the memorial.
    Last edited by PhyrexianShovel; 2019-10-27 at 08:58 AM.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

    Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Kuzit looks at the others. "It's ominous, but... maybe we should look into it ourselves, if the sheriff doesn't seem to be around?"
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Maronne

    The halfling nods. "Sounds like a good idea. Let's do that."
    Characters in play:

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Augustin Mikhail Luna
    Hit Ponts: 14 of 14 l Conditions: None.


    Luna picked the young lad up easily, settled him on his shoulders, "Name boy, name?" He smiled, "Mine's Luna, and we goin' to find yer parents and see what this mess is about ya?" He craned his neck to look up at the kid, "Your folks still at the river?"

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ylvathrall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Kara heads for the memorial, asking around if necessary to find out where it is.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

    Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Uh, my name's Jimis, sir. I suppose my parents are still at the river, but I wouldn't know. I haven't seen them in a little while.

    As you leave, he grabs on tight to Luna, seemingly excited and scared at the same time.

    It's not difficult to find the river. You've passed over it a few times, and Jimis directs you to the exact spot where the Memorial is.

    As you approach, a man with a wide-brimmed hat motions that you stop moving. Apologies, folks, but I can't let anyone past here. The Sheriff and deputies are still combing the area for evidence, and they asked me to keep everyone out. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Oh wait, is that you, little Jimis? He picks Jimis up off Luna's shoulders and puts him on the ground. Run along to your parents, now. They're at yer farm. Once he's gone, the man turns towards you. Now, who are you strange folks, and what was Jimis doin' with you?
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

    Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    "We are... friends of Professor Lorrimor. We were in town for his funeral. Seen some strange things ourselves since we got here, and thought this might be related somehow," Tobias said. "Can I ask what it is you found here?"
    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Carrion Crown IC

    Maronne

    Maronne greets the man with a small nod. "Hello." Seeing as Tobias is already asking the relevant questions she decides not to interject. That is, until she realizes one of the man's questions has gone unanswered. "The boy was looking for the sheriff. He asked us if we knew where he was, and as we didn't know we decided to help Jimis out in finding the sheriff. I guess he was already at the site, so uh... Yea..."
    Characters in play:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •