Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 145
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Janna continues walking her pace, unaware of the people behind her.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    The caravan coming out of the Jungle Gate slowly rolled up on Janna, Elias, and his hunting cat, creaking as it came. “This way,” Pisco called out to Elias as the wagon turned slightly to the east. “We’ll hit the jungle proper in a mile, maybe less, and we should stick closely together. I expect no trouble, but I always plan for trouble nonetheless. You, little lady,” he added to the witch, “do you think to test the jungle by yourself?”
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Janna raises an eyebrow as she looks at the wrinkled male as the man, his band and his caravan catches up her as she is walking forward.

    "And who are you supposed to be, old man?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-07 at 05:02 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "A guide, no more, no less," was Pisco's response. "These brave folks hunt the black cloud, and I show them the way."
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "And I write their obituraries... I mean their bold and epic tale." pipes in Jack.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Janna's expression turns serious.

    "A guide, huh? I'll be the judge of that. Care to fully introduce yourself and your compatriots? I need to know who I might be working with."

    The witch gestures to Jack and the other expedition members.

    "Depending on your answer, I might join your band..."

    Janna focuses her gaze to the empty air before addressing Pisco eye-to-eye.

    "...or venture the jungle on my own."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-08 at 03:52 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Pisco smirked at Jack’s statement. “Leave me out of your tale,” he replied good-naturedly. “I will be the one that takes the tale of you glorious deaths back to civilization. I wish to be no hero is a tales of epic death.”

    >[Janna] "A guide, huh? I'll be the judge of that. Care to fully introduce yourself and your compatriots? I need to know who I might be working with."

    “I am known as Pisco. Pisco, just that. These other heroes are setting out to defeat the black cloud that approaches, my only task is to get them there—I would like to say get them there safely, but the jungle can be quite unpredictable. Join us if you wish, or do not; I get paid either way!” he laughed.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The others may introduce themselves as they wish, but I will add the next post below assuming everyone decides to move forward rather that spend too much time on a forgone conclusion. The party is encouraged to talk with one another and get acquainted.


    The company passed through fields of rice, sugar cane, and banana groves, mostly abandoned although a few stalwart (or, too poor to leave) workers continued to toil. After a short trek they reached the edge of the jungle, a cacophony of various shades of green and browns as those on the Bannor’s Pride had seen as they approached the town. As Pisco had told them, an old road constructed of great stone blocks, sunk deep into the ground except where some force had thrown them up and buckled the path, began at the edge of the vine-festooned trees.

    Pisco directed the mule drivers, Minnee, Donnal, to proceed onto the cracked and broken blocks and the company began a slow march towards the ruins of Madaro-Shanti. The going was stop-and-go as frequently Pisco directed the porters to hack at the overgrowth that encroached on the old road before they could move on. About an hour into the journey they passed a huge, ancient stone idol of a feral looking elephant that bore fangs in addition double sets of tusk sitting a-kilter adjacent to the road, the buckling of the land causing it tilt over the road at a 30 degree angle as if about to pounce on travelers.

    About the time Pisco was about to call for a halt for food and water, an eerie screeching began in the trees just in front of them and booth sides of the road. It sounded somewhat like moneys, but there was a plaintive, haunting quality to the screeches.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Ignasio remained thoughtful and unnaturally quite for a while, riding his pony alongside the supply cart. He looked each of the party members up and down considering which will be the most likely to become a friendly companion.
    He considered discussing his own obituary with Jack. It would be helpful to agree on one in advance and not trust a total stranger to write yours only AFTER you die but he found the others, though less approachable, more challenging. He finally chose the burly Ranger (Elias was it?) and instructed his pony to match his mount, riding next to him. He flashed yet again his most charming of smiles at the large man "So, you seem like one experienced with such exotic locations, have you been into this jungle before?

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    When Pisco kicks the task of introductions over to the individuals in the group, Elias grunts in frustration and steps forward to present himself to Janna for the second time. "If you need a name, mine is Elias. And if you need a description..." He raises his arms, exposing his lean but chiseled frame along with the quiver and simple tool belt at his hip. "I am what you see. Nothing more, nothing less."

    ----------------------------------

    He then spends the rest of the march in stubbornly unsociable silence, turning his head only slightly as Ignasio approaches to make small talk and letting out a sharp laugh after hearing what the man has to say. "If I had any experience with the inner jungle I'd be leading the way, not Pisco. No, I just stick to the outskirts, making sure bonobos don't get out into the clearing where humans can hurt them and taking down monsters that get out into the clearing where they can hurt humans... and funny thing, too," he adds, as a howling cry cuts through the placid chatter of the jungle fauna.

    Elias turns his eyes to the baggage handlers, fingering an arrow but not especially alarmed by the noise. After all, he wouldn't be the one most at risk if it turns out the source of the screeches isn't something they could scare off...

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "There are those who call me Jack. Jack Candle, librarian." says the man with a book, and a pretty shiney breast plate.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    As the screeching echoed through the jungle canopy, the townsfolk in the expedition began nervously looking around with the guards grasping the hafts of their spears with white knuckles. Pisco, too, scanned the canopy above with a concerned frown on his weathered face. “I know the calls of all the monkeys in this jungles, but this…” he grumbled with a shake of his head.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I don’t want to cut short any conversations between characters so please continue to backpost those as if they occurred leading up to this point. However, does anyone want to take any actions based on the current situation?
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2019-11-13 at 11:49 AM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "Ah, you must be one of the expedition. I thought they were at the front but in turns out, they were behind. Funny how a sound caused our meeting."

    Janna chuckles at Elias's introduction and snark.

    "You are a funny man. If you need a description of me, I am what you see. Nothing more, nothing less. Unless..."

    The witch leans towards his direction with a big smile, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

    "...you want to question about my choice of fashion. It will take some time. Trust me, my wardrobe is that abundant."

    As her snarky voice echoes, she exaggerates her statement by spreading her arms wide. Then, she turns to Jack with a casual wave.

    "Nice to meet you, Jack. I would love to hear your retelling of this event after you write it down if we make it out alive."

    In contrast, her tone is more honest as she opens her mouth. As Aedun and Ignasio introduces themselves to her, she replies to them with a either a quip or a mild remark before turning to address all.

    "I am going to join you for now and give this expedition team a two day trial. Call me Janna."

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    As the journey continues, Janna spends her time picking exotic vegetation and exchanging stories with Jack. When the danger makes itself known, prompting the able-handed to draw their weapons, Janna hangs back behind the warriors and Elias. Her eyes darts to Pisco.

    "This is something else, is it? Either something unnatural or unrest spirits. Maybe a monkey-faced hanu-naga, whatever that is. Or maybe a figment of our imagination. I hope that it is corporeal. The faster we can take care of this problem, the faster we can settle down to rest. My legs are aching."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-14 at 09:04 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Aedun looks around, listening to the howl in the jungle. He grabs his Earthbreaker, holding it ready to smash. "I'm not liking the sound of that...." He looks towards the wandering woman, nodding his head in agreement. "Agreed, much easier to smash something that's actually there."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    In case Perception is called for (1d20+8)[17]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    As the others draw their weapons, Jack simply puts away one book, and pulls out a new one that he gripped in his gloved hand, before yawning some. "I think I should have gotten a parasol or something."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "Indeed. A parasol would make a good weapon and tool to shelter us from the sun."

    Janna exchange the contents of her spring loaded sheathe, exchanging the item inside with a holy weapon balm. She draws her deck and give a quick glance at her surrounding to determine the location of these interlopers (see OOC for perception roll).
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-14 at 10:32 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Elias glares at the untrained members of their baggage train, the ones without even spears to nervously handle, and jogs over to bark roughly at them. "What are you doing? Take cover! Get in the cart, under the cart, behind the mules, anything but standing around like limp fish. I'm really not in the mood to bury any bodies today." He then snaps his own weapon into his hand, out off of the latch that had been holding the bow secured on his back, before scanning the area in case anything shows itself.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Foryn Gilnith View Post
    "If I had any experience with the inner jungle I'd be leading the way, not Pisco. No, I just stick to the outskirts, making sure bonobos don't get out into the clearing where humans can hurt them and taking down monsters that get out into the clearing where they can hurt humans... and funny thing, too," he adds, as a howling cry cuts through the placid chatter of the jungle fauna.

    Elias turns his eyes to the baggage handlers, fingering an arrow but not especially alarmed by the noise. After all, he wouldn't be the one most at risk if it turns out the source of the screeches isn't something they could scare off...
    Ignasio smiled at the man's answer, finding it to be much more fluent and sharp than he initially anticipated yet not unfriendly. This was a good man to know, he thought to himself, one who is not busy showing his skills yet not underestimating himself. Such self awareness was hard to find and was usually an indication of people worth trusting.

    He decided to put his observation to the test as the ominous (yet quite exciting and foreign) noises came from apparently everywhere around them, looking for the Ranger's reaction. Seeing him alert yet not overly excited he decided to follow suit and get ready without over-reacting. he reached for a small leather pouch and spilled its content, fine dust of some white material, around him. He then held to his medalion, chanting quitely to himself.
    There was a very brief aura of light blue around him and then it was gone. Satisfied, he took out his crossbow and cocked a bolt into it.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Mage Armor

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Janna also touches herself to reinforce herself with a bright glow after seeing Ignasio enact it before her and the battle. She steps to the side flank and braces herself for the unknown.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Mage Armor
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-15 at 05:55 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    The screeching reached a crescendo as the branches above the broken road began to shake as several smallish brown figures became visible as they reached the lowest branches. On a branch some 15 feet above even the towering Aedun, a face emerged from the wide leaves—make that two faces, in fact, on one set of shoulders. Half a dozens figures came into view: monkeys, weighing perhaps 25 pounds each, with two heads and six arms each. Their light brown fur, however, was unnaturally torn and shredded in spots, exposing muscles, ribs, and random bones. Their slavering faces were missing fangs, ears, and eyes in places.

    “Siim! Tuucha iik’!” Pisco cursed. “Spire monkeys! But not amongst the living, I think.”

    Shrieking, the monkeys surged to attack.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    There are six spire monkeys in total. There are three in section 2, one of which is charging down a tree trunk and two which are 40’ above in the trees. There is one in section 1, also in the tree branches, and there are two in section 5, charging down the tree trunks.

    The initiative order is in the OOC thread. Declare actions
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Ignasio was excited for his first meeting with the local exotic fauna but one look at the deformed monkeys and the expression on Elias's face left no place for error, he reacted even before Pisco had the time for his warning shout.
    In a blink of an eye Ignasio turned all serious, looking around and evaluating the battlefield as if it was a negotiation table. He couldn’t be on time at the front of the wagon but there was much to be done right behind him.
    He dropped the bow, not even bothering to place it back and took out yet another pouch. He hated this spell, always had to wash your hands after it, but it was effective nonetheless.
    He took out a small sticky mesh of spider silk and threw it at the 2 monkeys flanking from the back, while chanting words he didn't even understand. Lots of long throaty syllables and hissing Sssses. If he was lucky enough , they will not even leave their ambush spots.
    "Elias, check the front" he tried not to shout "I'll stall the ones here".

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting web on the 2 monkeis in sector 5, trying to get both tangled using the tree branches as anchor
    Last edited by Koral; 2019-11-18 at 02:30 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Elias scarcely has time to aim before something in the back of his mind reacted to the characteristic chanting of a spell in progress, screaming at him to STOP and WAIT and THINK. On hearing what exactly Ignasio has to say, he turns on his heel and jogs to the head of the wagon, looking back only to say "On it." before jogging up to cover the front of the wagon as suggested. After taking stock of the situation and seeing a particularly aggressive monkey scampering down the tree, Elias quickly nocks an arrow and fires, the the shaft spiraling down toward the feet of the monkey as it moves. Hopefully that will at least distract it...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spending a move action to circle around to section 2 (that shouldn't be more than 30 feet, right?) and then a standard action to shoot at the closest monkey. Attack 16, damage 13 if that happens to hit.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Rosado perks her ears up and narrows her pantherine yellow eyes, seeing the humans around her whirling into activity but not quite understanding what the fuss is about. The sleek but slightly unkempt fur on her neck ripples as her head turns to follow Elias's movement around the side of the wagon.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Animal companion rolled a natural initiative lower than Jack's so it's not like she can do anything in combat quite yet... just wanted to get this description of her position in the IC thread.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    As soon as Pisco utters the species name when the enemy revealed themselves, Janna racks her brain to recall anything they do not already know about these monkeys.

    Spoiler: Knowledge checks
    Show


    Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+12)[20]

    Knowledge (Religion, untrained, Can get basic info if pass DC 10): (1d20+3)[16]

    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "Damn Disgusting Apes!" Aedun bellows out. He charges toward the monkey in front of him, facing the screeching beast head on as it runs down the tree.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Charge(+2 attack, -2 AC)
    Attack (1d20+12)[25] if crit (1d20+12)[28] Damage (3d6+5)[9] if crit add (6d6+10)[27]
    If the Spire Monkey is a Magical Beast, add +4 to attack and +5 to damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    As soon as Pisco utters the species name when the enemy revealed themselves, Janna racks her brain to recall anything they do not already know about these monkeys.

    Spoiler: Knowledge checks
    Show


    Knowledge (Nature): [roll0]

    Knowledge (Religion, untrained, Can get basic info if pass DC 10): [roll1]

    Janna recalls that spire monkeys are so named for their habit of hanging around the spires and upper roofs of temples, but although they have two heads and six arms she doesn't remember any particular special abilities.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Ignasio reacted quickly, spewing sticky webs to the rear of the caravan, swiftly netting the two monkeys that were attacking from that direction.

    On the opposite end of the mule train, Aedun bellowed and charged forward, meeting the first monkey from that direction head on and serving it a glancing blow. Elias raced in that direction as well, but his hasty bow shot skittered just tot he right of the monkey.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry it has been a little slow on my end, we are having some work done on our house and it has been a mess.

    Aedun's blow injured the decomposing monkey but it avoided the worst of the attack. The two monkeys at the back failed saving throws and are tangled up in Ignasio's web.

    Initiative order:
    Ignasio
    Aedun
    Elias
    Janna <----We are here
    Monkeys
    Jack
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Janna moves to throw a card at the lone monkey in above the wagon, infused with magical energy.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move: Move in range or to Sector 1 (if needed)
    Standard: Throws card at monkey above Sector 1
    Swift: Arcane Strike

    Attack: (1d20+4)[14] (-2 from range increment)
    Damage if hit: (1d4+5)[9]

    Indestructible card will return by the end of the turn.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-22 at 05:56 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Janna's card whirled upwards, cutting to the left of the monkey in the trees, then began to waft downwards back towards the witch, lilting back and forth as it descended.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    The monkey that Aedun charged counterstruck furiously, but claws scratching at the gearforged's plates [1]. As he beat back the attacks he felt two thumps, one on his head and another on his shoulder as the undead monkeys leapt down from above.

    The first bounced off his head and fell to the ground [2], while the other clung to his shoulder, nipping at Aedun's neck. [2]

    The sixth monkey plopped down from the jungle canopy, plopping into the wagon, It bit at Donnal, the right-side driver, but he managed to knock the spire monkey's head aside with his reins.


    [spoiler=OOC][1] Two hits, just barely because Aedun was charging, i.e., 18's vs. his reduced AC of 17, but only 3 points of damage.
    [2] Hit for the same reason, for another 3 points of damage

    Okay, that is the monkey's turn, so over to Jack as well as the rest of the group.
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2019-11-22 at 09:14 PM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Jack sighs just a little, not having the time to really do a whole lot of time to prepare his abilities and the pressing matter of combat, he grips his book in both hands and moves to the cart swinging it spine down on the monkey's head.


    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Shikigami style..

    Book deals 1d6 damage normally, In the style its doing now 3d6.
    Two handing the book..

    (1d20+12)[18] vs monkey biting at driver
    (1d20+12)[32] if make a crit

    (3d6+7)[20]
    (3d6+7)[17] if make a crit


    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •