Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 145
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Ignasio followed the young urchin along the streets and across several small squares.
    All in all he was disappointed. Where were all the exotic animals and birds? the strange herbs and spices? the fancy palanquins and tamed Elephants?
    The books stated that all these and more were to be found in abundant but instead he was greeted with a city that was all but a ghost town and worst yet: mundane.
    The shops were the same shops, the beggars the same beggars and even the statues.... well, yes, the statues and fountains were different though the last were mostly empty and dry.
    The biggest change were the mosquitoes but that was hardly a consolation for his trouble.
    He allowed his thoughts to trail into happier domains: surely the Jungle will prove to be all he expected and more: ancient mysterious temples, unknown fauna and flora, exotic local tribes. He will go where no man has gone before, as long as he is provided with a guide and proper provisioning of course. and a decent cook.

    And so he arrived at the council house, tossed a few more coppers to his guide and stepped in lighthearted. He approached the first person he meets with a bow and a wave of his hat "Good day to you, I am here regarding the Jungle expedition, I hope that I am not late to sign up".

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Janna glances at the idols.

    "I see. So that is what those idols are for. Do the gods and spirits have names?"
    "These are Toncho, Cho-Oda, and Magalo Hiti," came the reply. "This is the second time this day I have been asked their names," the innkeep said curiously.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Pisco's head swiveled around as Aedun bellowed out his name. Disengagng himself from Jack he took a fewe steps towards the gearforged, looking him up and down. "Well aren't you the big one," he said putting hands on hips. "I am am Pisco. And I was told to expect one such as yourself, though I didn't know you'd be twice the size of a hippo! Very well then..." he said, spotting Elias behind Aedun, mostly hidden by the bulk of the gearforged.

    "You with him xib'ta?" he asked Elias. "Coming into the jungle as well?"
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Gilberto nearly ran into Ignasio as he exited from the Council House, though he adroitly avoided a mishap. His face was impassive, but his cool gray eyes flicked over the sorcerer's too handsome face and too fancy and altogether impractical attire for a jungle expedition. Nonetheless, the more the merrier he thought.

    "Not too late, no good sir. You just missed the the others that have committed themselves to the brave expedition. If you hurry along to Jaguar Square I'm sure you can catch them before they leave. Ask about for Picso, he will be the one to guide the group to Madaro-Shanti. Good luck!" he waved to Ignasio has he moved off.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Janna tilts her head before aligning back to its original position.

    "What about the names of other gods that you do not pay heed to?"
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Jack moved along with Pisco as he approached the gearforged. "Huh.. I've never seen.." he muttered as he began writing in the book the information on the gearforged he could observe. "Well, One adventurer to write about in the book is here so far.."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Elias kneads his forehead, trying to rid himself of the headache brought on by the abrupt introduction and equally abrupt departure of that strange lizardman, before hearing a question pointed in his direction. "Er, yes, I'm Elias," he sputters, reflexively moving forward to offer a handshake to Pisco. "Not Xib'ta. Well, I might also be a xib'ta, if that's not a name, but my name is Elias. We might have met at the furrier's shop, or not.

    He makes a bare minimum of eye contact if Pisco approaches but otherwise Elias's eyes dart across the square, trying to size up as many people as possible - in particular, this peculiar scrivener who seems to be coming on the expedition as a pair...

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Janna tilts her head before aligning back to its original position.

    "What about the names of other gods that you do not pay heed to?"
    The innkeep paused. "There are many gods all over the world, or so I have heard, but I do not know them all."

    Spoiler
    Show
    There aren't any other gods or spirits that play any role in this adventure.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Foryn Gilnith View Post
    Elias kneads his forehead, trying to rid himself of the headache brought on by the abrupt introduction and equally abrupt departure of that strange lizardman, before hearing a question pointed in his direction. "Er, yes, I'm Elias," he sputters, reflexively moving forward to offer a handshake to Pisco. "Not Xib'ta. Well, I might also be a xib'ta, if that's not a name, but my name is Elias. We might have met at the furrier's shop, or not.

    He makes a bare minimum of eye contact if Pisco approaches but otherwise Elias's eyes dart across the square, trying to size up as many people as possible - in particular, this peculiar scrivener who seems to be coming on the expedition as a pair...
    "Elias," Picso said taking his hand. "Very well. And xib'ta in the local language, well I guess you'd say "cloud hunter", or near enough. So you too are coming along to see about this black haze then? Vert well."

    Pisco looked around, catching the eyes of Elias, Jack, and strange hybrid that was Aedun. "So it is you three then, eh? Should be glorious," he said flatly, though it was hard to tell if he was being sarcastic or sincere. Just then Ignasio arrived at the square and Picso noticed him coming towards him. "Are you coming with us as well good man?"
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Janna clears her throat.

    "So about these spirits; Toncho, Cho-Oda, and Magalo Hiti...you said they bless you. Their blessing increases in effectiveness when you burn the incenses and leave offerings at their shrines. What kind of blessings do they give?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-23 at 05:41 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    "Oh, Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happpiness," was the vague reply. "Ah, I must go to make up your room now," he said, excusing himself and going upstairs.

    Spoiler
    Show
    No, really, there is nothing more to be learned here. It would be best to move on now and perhaps join the others before they leave with the expedition.
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2019-10-23 at 02:21 PM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    Gilberto nearly ran into Ignasio as he exited from the Council House, though he adroitly avoided a mishap. His face was impassive, but his cool gray eyes flicked over the sorcerer's too handsome face and too fancy and altogether impractical attire for a jungle expedition. Nonetheless, the more the merrier he thought.

    "Not too late, no good sir. You just missed the the others that have committed themselves to the brave expedition. If you hurry along to Jaguar Square I'm sure you can catch them before they leave. Ask about for Picso, he will be the one to guide the group to Madaro-Shanti. Good luck!" he waved to Ignasio has he moved off.
    "OK, OK Jaguar Square!" Ignasio ran out the double door, only to appear back on the doorstep not 10 seconds later, all panting "....That would be.... this way?"
    Without waiting for an answer he ran back out, pointing frantically at the same boy who led him to the Council house not 5 minutes ago "You, to the Jaguar Square, Quick. "And find me Picso when we get there" he added, fumbling for a few more coins

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Over the Rainbow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Aedun grunts at the brash man. "Twice the size and twice as strong as a hippo, so better not piss me off. The giant mechanical man walks to the rest of the group and waits, his large arms crossed as he leans against the cart. He surveys the other members of this thrown together expedition and isn't particularly impressed by any of them. His expectations drop even lower at the arrival of the well dressed fool that just arrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree


  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Janna's dress changes from a heavy gown to a scanty assortment fit for vacation and jungle trekking while the innkeeper faced away from her in an instant. She waits until he make her room before handing him the key once he finish.

    "Thank you for the room but I might not be able to use it. So I want you to hold the key for me until I return. If I do not return after today, think of the payment as a generous tip for educating me. Well, I am leaving now. It would be great if you can point me to the shamans, point me to someone who can point me to them or tell me if they are available. If you do not know or they are not available today, that is fine. I am also going to leave some offering at the shrine if you don't mind."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-25 at 03:05 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    Aedun grunts at the brash man. "Twice the size and twice as strong as a hippo, so better not piss me off. The giant mechanical man walks to the rest of the group and waits, his large arms crossed as he leans against the cart. He surveys the other members of this thrown together expedition and isn't particularly impressed by any of them. His expectations drop even lower at the arrival of the well dressed fool that just arrived.
    Pisco looked the huge warrior up and down and grinned. "That's the attitude! We may need the strength of a hippo under the cloud!" He followed Aedun's gaze to where Ignasio was hurrying into the square.

    <tag the well dressed fool>
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Janna's dress changes from a heavy gown to a scanty assortment fit for vacation and jungle trekking while the innkeeper faced away from her in an instant. She waits until he make her room before handing him the key once he finish.

    "Thank you for the room but I might not be able to use it. So I want you to hold the key for me until I return. If I do not return after today, think of the payment as a generous tip for educating me. Well, I am leaving now. It would be great if you can point me to the shamans, point me to someone who can point me to them or tell me if they are available. If you do not know or they are not available today, that is fine. I am also going to leave some offering at the shrine if you don't mind."
    The innkeep bowed deeply before starting up the stairs, stopping only briefly to answer Janna's last question. "That would be very kind. Many of the shamans are at the Jungle Gate, enacting a ritual to send back the cloud, but also the Council is sending an expedition to the dead city of Madaro-Shanti to see if they can find the cause of the curse. I hope one of them works."
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Janna leaves spare change (2 silver 3 coppers) at the shrine, clasping her hand in a prayer gesture and bows her head. The reason she is doing a respectful gesture to the spirits is because she has more dealings with them as they are part of her life and her profession.

    "I best not disturb them then. They are working hard for the sake of the town after all."

    She turns to leave but before she walks out of the door, the witch shifts her head back to the innkeeper who is ascending the stairs again.

    "Oh, this might be unnecessary but how many rooms do you have?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-25 at 10:09 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurion 2 View Post
    Pisco looked the huge warrior up and down and grinned. "That's the attitude! We may need the strength of a hippo under the cloud!" He followed Aedun's gaze to where Ignasio was hurrying into the square.

    <tag the well dressed fool>
    Ignasio ALMOST came breathlessly rushing into the square but was stopped a minute before it was too late by his sense of dignity.
    He stopped, just out of sight of the assembled group around the one his guide pointed to as Pisco, wiped the sweat from his forehead with his velvet handkerchief (woven wit the Guanahato coat of arms), set his hat back straight (just nonchalantly in an angle that will emphasize the colored feathers) and unwrinkled his overcoat.
    He then stepped into the square, trying to conceal his still heavy breathing with a casual smile "Greetings" he said to Picso, trying to look completely unconcerned by the beastly Lizard-Human and the…. What was that? That were standing next to him. "My name is Ignasio Aurelio de San Christobal Guanahato, emissary of the Guanahato cartel (and co.) I was informed that an expedition is leaving for the Jungle, and I am willing to join it"
    He then gave Picso his best friendly smile (though the man was clearly in a much lower status to deserve that, and then nodded respectfully to the only human standing next to Picso, this one, though large and rather bulky by any means, was , at least….. human.
    Last edited by Koral; 2019-10-28 at 11:09 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Janna leaves spare change (2 silver 3 coppers) at the shrine, clasping her hand in a prayer gesture and bows her head. The reason she is doing a respectful gesture to the spirits is because she has more dealings with them as they are part of her life and her profession.

    "I best not disturb them then. They are working hard for the sake of the town after all."

    She turns to leave but before she walks out of the door, the witch shifts her head back to the innkeeper who is ascending the stairs again.

    "Oh, this might be unnecessary but how many rooms do you have?"
    "Twelve, good sir, but two are spoken for."
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Pisco’s face remained stolid as Ignasio introduced himself. Whatever he thought of this unusual conglomeration of individuals, he remained focused on his task: guiding them to the ruins of the failed city-state of Madaro-Shanti. “Very well: it seems we have our hunting party.”

    He gathered the four volunteers around him to give a briefing. “I am Pisco, I will be your guide through the jungle. We have porters, guards, and a mule team to carry supplies as we hunt the black cloud. Once we leave through the Jungle Gate, it will take only half of an hour to reach the edge of the jungle. There we will see the road that once led to the city, but now it is very broken and thrown up in places, so it will be a trying journey, though I have no doubt stout, errrrr, adventurers such as yourselves have faced worse. It will take two night to reach the edge of the city, if this cursed cloud does not stop us before then. Have you any questions before we take leave?”

    Spoiler: Expedition Team
    Show
    The expedition hired by the town consists of the following:
    Expeditionary Force
    Jungle Guide – Pisco (Expert 4)
    Porters (Commomer 1)—Andres, Mazaro, Juilliam, Jastaki, Tammic
    Guards (Warrior 1)– Henekki, Overi, Henri, Nephi, Fastas
    Drivers (Expert 1)—Minnee, Donnal

    As you can see, most of the crew is relatively fragile, but in old school fashion the guards can be used as hirelings as desired. Pisco, however, does not plan on actually entering the ruins.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC] [Final]

    Janna's eyebrows twitch and her mouth has a slight upward curve when the innkeeper referred her with the wrong honorific.

    "Good sir? So I am a man now? I have you know that I am female. Ma'am or madam. Not sir. Do get it right next time."

    Her face returns to her professional, cold composure.

    "As for the rooms, they are not for me but for the two to three additional lodgers you might be getting if you are lucky."

    The scantily dressed witch leaves the inn, heads to the jungle gate and begins walking to the jungle.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-10-29 at 03:03 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Elias peeks out from behind Aedun's vast frame, both to get a glimpse of this flamboyant newcomer and to show his own face in return. He puffs up his chest a little, trying to find his courage and bravado, then takes a step forward to make eye contact with Ignasio. "Wow! One of Guanohato's finest! I'm quite reassured to have that kind of attention on our little old town, especially considering the caliber of man we've brought up for our own defense..."

    His eyes brush over the five guards apportioned to the expedition - brave men, no doubt, but greenhorns almost greener than could be imagined. Elias stifles a scoff before turning to speak next to Pisco. "No questions, for now, but I'll have to take my leave to prepare some things of my own outside of town. Don't bother with directions; I'm sure I can find and catch up to your plodding mules by the time you hit jungle's edge."

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Foryn Gilnith View Post
    Elias peeks out from behind Aedun's vast frame, both to get a glimpse of this flamboyant newcomer and to show his own face in return. He puffs up his chest a little, trying to find his courage and bravado, then takes a step forward to make eye contact with Ignasio. "Wow! One of Guanohato's finest! I'm quite reassured to have that kind of attention on our little old town, especially considering the caliber of man we've brought up for our own defense..."
    If there was any trace of sarcasm in Elias's words, they went completely unnoticed, or at least unacknowledged.
    Ignasio flashed his most dashing smile and bowed deeply "Indeed, I am happy to have finally found acknowledgment of my lineage's virtues in this far land. I am sure that this fine city and the Guanahato Cartel (Inc.) will find much in terms of mutual benefits and interest. And I will be honored to lead by example. This engagement is starting splendidly, I think that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship".
    He looked around him again, trying not to stare too hard at the lizardman and construct standing way too close "So, shall I summon my mount? I am traveling light and can be at your disposal in a matter of few minutes, and…emmm… any recommendation on how to deal with those local mosquitoes?"

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Jack opened his book and began writing down the names of the people involved, as well as a basic description of each of them. He certainly wasn't going to be able to write the story like a story, but he needed to keep notes for when he was ready to write it for real. "Is that Ignasio with one I or two? he asks.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Jack opened his book and began writing down the names of the people involved, as well as a basic description of each of them. He certainly wasn't going to be able to write the story like a story, but he needed to keep notes for when he was ready to write it for real. "Is that Ignasio with one I or two? he asks.
    Ignasio peered curiously over the man's shoulder as he scrabbled his notes, humming to himself with approval or disagreement from time to time. "Ignasio Aurelio De San Christobal Guanahato" he cited slowly "Christobal with a 'B' not a 'V' " he pushed his finger to point to the mistake, almost smearing the whole page with fresh ink "Official emissary of the Guanahato Cartel (inc) from Glen Gildor" he added for good measure.
    "For short, you can just use "Ignasio Aurelio Guanahato" after making the initial proper introduction"

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Janna sees the mass of evergreen ahead as she walks snail-paced through the jungle gate.

    "Ahh. This almost feels like home."
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Elias lopes along the edge of the city walls on his way back to the main road, the wrought iron sidearm at his belt clattering softly against the mail rings of his shirt as he moves. He is accompanied by a large, sheer black jungle cat who follows dutifully behind him - and in fact it is the cat who first calls their attention to a strangely garbed traveler walking down the main road...

    The pair approaches the woman - the cat trotting along with bright, curious eyes and the man trudging forward with eyes narrowed in naked suspicion toward this half-naked and apparently unarmed stranger - before Elias waves and calls out a greeting. "Fancy meeting another human on the road," he spits out, jerking his head toward the black cloud as soon as he makes confirmed eye contact with Janna. "Perfect weather for a stroll, isn't it?"
    Last edited by Foryn Gilnith; 2019-11-04 at 01:22 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    With the group apparently ready to start on the journey, Pisco got the expedition organized and moving towards the Jungle Gate, a huge pair of teak double doors carved with the face of a jungle cat some 12' tall, then reinforced with bronze.

    "Last chance to find you are suddenly needed elsewhere," he joked, then lead the group out of the town, the mules pulling the wagon over a packed dirt road with the rest of the guards and porters following along. Far ahead he could spot two--no, three, at first he had not seen the cat--figures ahead, ambling towards the edge of the jungle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let Elias and Janna finish their introductions, then we'll move forward towards the jungle. If you want any particular marching order as you go along, either the PCs or the expedition folks or both, let me know how you want to organize yourselves.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3 | HP: 22/26 | Init +10 | AC 16 T11 FF14 | Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +5 melee 1d8+3/x2, +4 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- bless, cause fear, command D (DC 14), summon monster I; 2nd- cat’s grace, sonic weaponD, shield of Gruumsh
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 14)


    Spoiler: Dergosh Character Sheet
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Human, huh? Let him go by his interpretation.

    Unfazed, Janna waves back and meeting his gaze with ease.

    "Quite."

    The witch looks down at the panther.

    "Oh, cute pet, by the way."

    She continues her way.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-11-04 at 06:06 PM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: The Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti [IC]

    Elias nods as Janna turns to depart, apparently satisfied. That's all the acknowledgement and politeness two apex predators need from each other, after all. Humans may be pack hunters, but this passer-by certainly is not part of Elias's pack - nor are the expedition members, for that matter, even if they've agreed to walk in formation...

    "And speak of the devil, there's the expeditionaries making their merry way along..." Elias mutters to himself, shaking his head clear of thoughts before jogging back to join the others. "Wes hail," he calls out to Pisco, slowing down as he approaches. "I hope that lass up ahead is one of yours. If she's not involved, someone's going to have to explain to her why we're trampling down her path to the jungle. Someone other than me."

    His eyes turn pointedly to Ignasio (Aurelio (de San Christobal Guanahato)) as he mouths that last line.
    Last edited by Foryn Gilnith; 2019-11-05 at 03:13 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •