New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Favorite Quotes

1. - Top - End - #391
    Banned

Default Re: Quotes

"someone who goes against the odds is brave, someone who goes against the impossible is foolish"- me.

"everyone is an egomaniac, some peoples ego's just keep them from admitting it"
    - I.

"he who thinks he knows everything knows nothing" -guess.

"all who think they are always right are wrong"- me again.

"there is no normality. only crazy people exist"- I, me, me again.......

yes, I quoted myself, I like to break the rules, I'll stop quoting myself now.

"rules are meant to be followed. at least, until someone finds better rules and breaks the old ones"- me.

Last edited by Trizap; 2009-04-11 at 09:58 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Quotes

"When the going gets tough, cheat." Some guys whose names I have forgotten

"A man's only as old as the women he feels." Groucho Marx

"I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." Groucho Marx

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. " George Washington

"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer" Patton

"Not all who wonder are lost" Tolkien

"A son can bear with equanimity the loss of his father, but the loss of his inheritance may drive him to despair." Machiavelli

"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil" Machiavelli

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold" The Doctor

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Favorite Quotes

"If we were truly created by God, why do we still occasionally bite the insides of our own mouths?" - Dara O'Brien
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you ever get the chance watch The One. It's pretty damn cool.

"You want me to put my hands on the floor? This is a hospital, there are germs on the floor, you want me to get sick?" --Gabriel Yulaw

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by Leicontis View Post
    Pete: "Watch that. It'll do tricks when you're not looking."
    Kevin: "But if it will only do tricks while I'm not looking, why should I
    watch it?"
    Pete: "Make it think you're not looking."
    Jessi: "Yes, Kevin, try to outsmart the Coke bottle!"
    That one's goin in my sig.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2009-04-25 at 12:16 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*points to signature*

Others include a few of Groucho Marx:

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read."

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Edit: Almost forgot: "Behind every great man is a woman, and behind her is his wife."
    Last edited by Vaynor; 2009-04-25 at 01:42 AM.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

7. - Top - End - #397

From Darren Shan's Cirque Du Freak, Steve "Leopard" Leonard's last words:

"and when I finish with your toes and fingers, I'll move on to your nose and ears!" Steve yelled. "But
    first I'll cut your eyelids off, so you can see everything that I'm gonna do. After that I'll"
    "Steve," I wheezed, stopping him midflow. "Want to know the secret of winning a fight like this? Less
    talking ? more stabbing." [...] Steve's gaze slid to the handle of the knife sticking out of his chest. "Oh," he said tonelessly.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Firbolg in the Playground

That is a long, long list.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." - Robert A. Heinlein, from the notebook of Lazerus Long.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power." - Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac, 1738

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - G. K. Chesterton

"To think that because those who wield power in society wield in the end that of government, therefore it is of no use to attempt to influence the constitution of the government by acting on opinion, is to forget that opinion is itself one of the greatest active social forces. One person with a belief is a social power equal to ninety-nine who have only interests." - John Stuart Mill, On Representative Government

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - General John Stark

"The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"No one can be a great thinker who does not recognize that as a thinker it is his first duty to follow his intellect to whatever conclusions it may lead. Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study, and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"We may indeed in counsel point to the higher road, but we cannot compel any free creature to walk upon it. That leadeth to tyranny, which disfigureth good and maketh it seem hateful." - Morgoth's Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien

"The attempt to silence a man is the greatest honor you can bestow on him. It means you recognize his superiority to yourself." - Joseph Sobran

"The driving is like that of Jehu, son of Nimshi — He drives like a madman." - 2 Kings 9:20

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference." - Attributed to Leman Russ, primarch of the Space Wolves.

"There is no act, however virtuous, for which ingenuity may not find some bad motive." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Edward Dowse, 1803.

"Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally." - Abraham Lincoln

"For every action there is an equal and opposite government program." - Bob Wells

"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue — and thoroughly immoral — doctrine that 'violence never solves anything' I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms." - Robert A. Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"

"The whole point of free expression is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it." - Garry Wills

"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance." - Sam Brown

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty." — Robert A. Heinlein

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat." - Robert A. Heinlein

"To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." - Sun Tzu

Need I go on?
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

9. - Top - End - #399

"Station is the paradox of the world of my people, the limitation of our power within the hunger for power. It is gained through treachery and invites treachery against those who gain it . Those most powerful in Menzoberranzan spend there days watching over there shoulders, defending against the daggers that would find there backs. There deaths usually come from the front"

-Drizzt Do'Urden

My Homebrew Signiture.

Thank you Serpentine for my amazing avatar!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinalJustice View Post
    On the Borg invading your computer: Open the command line terminal, fire up 'edit' and start a furious battle with it, using my own programs as my weapon of choice, which I'd write straight in Assembly. And I'd win by typing furiously fast, in slow motion, while tunes like Eye of the Tiger, Danger Zone and Réquiem rock out over every other sound in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    Pluto is a great costume idea too! You could act really bitter for the entire night, and hang around the edge of the room. Later on you would get drunk, and write "NOT A PLANET" on your face and arms while crying. It's not just a costume, it's a performance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel Cowboy
    Your avatar is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    If there were another star within a dozen thousand miles of us, I think we'd be in Big Trouble (and not just in Little China).
    Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ...You...you're Cut-My-Own-Throat Dibbler.

...You are Cut-My-Own-Throat Dibbler. O.O

And...you're asking for a gender-bent Cut-My-Own-Throat Dibbler.

...I'm sorry...I think....I think my brain just broke a little bit here. And I'm not sure if I'm horrified, or if I desperately want to give it a try.

...Gah...D: I'm going to give it a try!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrion View Post
    Gandhi used to walk everywhere barefoot, so he had massive callouses on his feet, and because of his spare diet he was kind of frail and had very bad breath. This made him a super-calloused fragile mystic hexed with halitosis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    She's speaking gibberish. We'd better stab her just to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icewalker View Post
    Really, when your foodstuff has a section in its wikipedia article titled "as a bio-weapon" you know you have some strong stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSoth View Post
    But can you use it to spice up your food en masse? Be like a Ninja-Emeril...walk into a large kitchen and BAM! All your food is spicy. At once. No exceptions. (or would that be KA-BLAMMO?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
    On Gin's Bankai:Of course with the last few Bankai reveals (Looking at you Soifon) anything could happen...his Bankai could bake everyone in the area a delicious cake and make them reconcile their differences over some tea for all we know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    WOO!! Everybody do the gainful employment shuffle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    You could possibly use "would you like fries with that?" to mean "are you sure?"
    I'll definitely add more as I find them.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2010-05-10 at 09:14 AM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

11. - Top - End - #401

"That's his.... eager.... face....." - Squidward
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402

RangerGuy

"A life not worth living, but an iron will to live." - Kurt Vonnegut

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes." - Mark Twain

"May you live in interesting times." - Old Chinese curse

"May you never meet your heroes." - A blessing by me

13. - Top - End - #403

"I do not know what I am doing or where I am doing said what"-Myself

"Everyone is weird. The weird folks are just the ones not in denial"-Me again.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Banned

"Is this the pain you felt before? Let me remind you, this time you won't forget"

"Tell me what you cherish most, give me the pleasure of taking it away"

"Kneel, i want you to beg for forgiveness"

"He is immune to physical attacks, magical attacks, status effects, little children, dogs and grumpy old people" (Talking about the mailman)

"Explosions. ALWAYS include explosions. Many of them. Multiple collapsing buildings are an acceptable substitute. The current transfer rate of collapsible buildings-explosions is 3-2."
    Last edited by Closak; 2009-12-28 at 05:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

"Is that a molotov cocktail?"

"BOOOOM!"
    ____

16. - Top - End - #406

RogueGuy

"They told my master to throw the sword and return to the earth... ¡¡HA!! Enough time for the earth in the grave!"

Guess!
    Last edited by Blas_de_Lezo; 2009-12-30 at 10:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #407

"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best."
    - Voltaire
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.