Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Ironfang Invasion OOC

Hi all, only have phone access for the next 5-6 hours. My first post may be rather long so I'll post from my computer then.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Formatting by phone is kind of rough, I hear ya, and this goes for all my players. Real life, health, family, work, those come first, hitting imaginary goblins with a bunch of geeks online ... though fun, please take your time. Geeks are patient, at least this one is!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

@ZP Well I'm going to hope that Esme can pull through this seeing as she's been brought down to exactly 0hp but i always expect the worse lol so I will be ready with another character Specifically, a cleric more than likely because I actually really really like PF clerics. However that would leave us without an arcane caster....So my thoughts on that are either take the Knowledge domain so we have at least Know(arcana) or our 2nd recruit could be an arcane caster to take Esme's place.

These are just the thoughts rolling through my brain and may not even need to happen but I always end up planning ahead in these cases XD

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Post is up. And let's just say, it was a spectacular failure. At least that is out of the way, and I can roll better from here on out.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mizu_Makura View Post
    @ZP Well I'm going to hope that Esme can pull through this seeing as she's been brought down to exactly 0hp but i always expect the worse lol so I will be ready with another character Specifically, a cleric more than likely because I actually really really like PF clerics. However that would leave us without an arcane caster....So my thoughts on that are either take the Knowledge domain so we have at least Know(arcana) or our 2nd recruit could be an arcane caster to take Esme's place.

These are just the thoughts rolling through my brain and may not even need to happen but I always end up planning ahead in these cases XD
    We're not gonna let you die just yet... I hope lol.

6. - Top - End - #66

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by The BBEG View Post
    We're not gonna let you die just yet... I hope lol.
    Haha I know, I trust you guys XD but things have a way of just...happening lmao specifically, dice rolls

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok guys, let's seriously not TPK on the 1st encounter! Also remember, at Zero HP's you can do a move OR standard action, but if anything strenuous, you will drop to -1 and start bleeding out.

Also, anyone have any preferences after Dom? Kind of liking the bard, he really worked his family in. Thoughts?

8. - Top - End - #68

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Ok guys, let's seriously not TPK on the 1st encounter! Also, anyone have any preferences after Dom? Kind of liking the bard, he really worked his family in. Thoughts?
    Haha yeah that'd be pretty bad to be honest XD but I actually do really like the Bard. Totally not being influenced by talking about arcane casters a bit ago lol I think he's got *cough*Charisma with the setting that's in place.
    The bit about the whip originally being his wife's is pretty neat too. I like sentimental items in games; even if it's something you know, as a player, that you aren't ever going to use it's still important to the character.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I agree, I like the bard the best, followed by the crossbow fighter.

10. - Top - End - #70

DruidGuy

I also have a small pouch of goodberries once we're out of immediate danger. That'll help some but the hobgoblins have given us some good licks.

@Zero Prime - Can my animal companion also join the fray? If so, I'll add a post for him too. Seems like we need all the help we can get!

I think BBEG's Paladin was the stand out entry so far. Captain Jak posted interest in making a sorcerer too if we want another arcane caster.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Not quite yet on the Boar, he's going to make a surprise entrance, probably next round.

12. - Top - End - #72

Flumph

This hobgoblin is about to find out why so many fairy tales revolve around scorned witches casting spells XD

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

I am an old Grognard, and in the early 90's played a few LARP's and still remember the greatest Gypsy curse I ever heard; "With my dying breath I curse you, every time you close your eyes you shall see the bloody visage of your loved ones scorning your name."

While no mechanical effect, the player so cursed played it well, falling asleep, then springing up and screaming. Frightening.

14. - Top - End - #74

Flumph

I am an old Grognard, and in the early 90's played a few LARP's and still remember the greatest Gypsy curse I ever heard; "With my dying breath I curse you, every time you close your eyes you shall see the bloody visage of your loved ones scorning your name."

While no mechanical effect, the player so cursed played it well, falling asleep, then springing up and screaming. Frightening.
    Haha I was never one to get into larping but that's hilarious XD

15. - Top - End - #75

DruidGuy

Is the inside of the inn still considered difficult terrain?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the late response, but no it is normal terrain now. Enough patrons have been cut down or fled that it is no longer difficult terrain.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-10-17 at 07:04 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

It seems the tide is turning momentarily... Let's see.

After - if?- we dispatch the current crop, I will have Asdoukar fire the ballista if it is around, then bring it in the inn, barricade it with tables and use it as a staging area for survivors.

18. - Top - End - #78

DruidGuy

Magrem will first be checking the cleric for healing items or seeing if Jet has anything. Getting the cleric back up may solve our injured issues.

Maybe we could take the ironfang's armor/clothing to impersonate ironfang's with prisoners. That may let us get around town for a short period of time. Could possibly attack and take over the slow moving wagon too.
    Last edited by Persant Lamorak; 2019-10-18 at 06:09 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Friendly GM intrusion!

A score is 20 ... at 4:3 odds two PC's were dropped to 0 HP's ... what do you think is going to happen if you attack at 5:20 odds? I'll tell you what is going to happen. A TPK, *key* to survival is gather survivors, gather resources, and, as Brave, Brave, Sir Robin said, Bravely Run Away!

Now I won't stop you from trying, and I like the idea about donning Ironfang armor to conceal yourself, but that should be done in conjunction with some discretion. Aubrin is a resource for information, but she is currently staggered due to the ballista bolt, and will remain so until she has eight hours of rest, which is unlikely to happen during this scene. Certainly use her for her knowledge of the town and it's defenses (which is forth coming after I allow time for PC's to discuss tactics) but fighting a score of Ironfangs, who can summon further reinforcements is an incredibly brave, and probably foolhardy idea.

20. - Top - End - #80

DruidGuy

Yep, I read that last part too quickly. I took away slow moving wagon separated from the rest of the group as potential easy target.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh, I apologize for the miscommunication, I meant slow moving to indicate you guys had time to take stock of the Ironfangs have a brief discussion, gather supplies if so desired, and slip out the back door. The Ironfang are essentially going door to door after their initialy assault, and the wagon coming down the lane is just one of many moving through town.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

When it is just Dom, he would fight against overwhelming and unwinnable odds. However, once he has other who will be depending on him, even if they aren't his family, he will do what is in their best interest. That would probably include getting everyone he can out of the town and into the forest.
    Last edited by The BBEG; 2019-10-18 at 07:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

So, to clarify, AUbrin wasn't expecting trouble, so no real magic items, etc, on her. See the IC momentarily.

On the two Scouts, they each have a suit of studded leather, a small wooden shield, a longsword & longbow, with a quiiver containing 20 arrows & rations/waterskin worth 1 Provision point. However, the more well equipped Raider that Dominic drags in possesses the following; a masterwork battle axe, a composite longbow (+2 Strength), a quiver containing 20 arrows, and a handaxe. He also has a satchel containing 2 Potions of Healing, 1 pot of Alchemists Fire, and enough food & water to provide 3 provision points.

While it isn't optimal, and can be discussed later, I do need to know who is carrying what, Provisions can be carried by the survivors as they are typically, non combatants. Just thinking, do we want a discord server for quick responses to questions and chatter? Of course IC posting would still take place here. You guys let me know.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

I have no problem with the discord channel.

Does the Inn have any provisions we can take? Blankets, food, firewood, etc?

Also, is there a backway out of the town which would take us near the Trading Company or the Healer? Ideally all the above?

Finally, after the final count we will see who cares what. I propose that each non-combatant carries at least a Provision and a weapon he can use.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Like I said, there are ways to slip between buildings and skirt the edge of town to get to various locations, Persant's idea of scooping Ironfang Insignia's and tabbards to look, at a glance, like raiders is probably a good one. There are supplied in the pantry (ie. back through the trap door), but there is the more pressing concern of the thumping from up stairs.

Also, should we start a new OOC thread since I can't edit relative information into the 1st post? Only because I want to keep track of named NPC's among the survivors, such as Aubrin & Jet, also, feel free to name any unnamed survivors, I will keep track of those too. I am also going to assume Magrim wants to make a break for his brother's place, where Bethany is.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Like I said, there are ways to slip between buildings and skirt the edge of town to get to various locations, Persant's idea of scooping Ironfang Insignia's and tabbards to look, at a glance, like raiders is probably a good one. There are supplied in the pantry (ie. back through the trap door), but there is the more pressing concern of the thumping from up stairs.

Also, should we start a new OOC thread since I can't edit relative information into the 1st post? Only because I want to keep track of named NPC's among the survivors, such as Aubrin & Jet, also, feel free to name any unnamed survivors, I will keep track of those too. I am also going to assume Magrim wants to make a break for his brother's place, where Bethany is.
    I think that starting a new OOC thread is a good idea. I don't know how much a dwarf is going to pass for a hobgoblin, but he can be the prisoner. Asdoukar is going to go upstairs and check, but the looting - ahem, the gathering of supplies - must continue.

27. - Top - End - #87

DruidGuy

What is the bridge made out of? Is it wood supported by ropes that we could burn or cut?

Is there anyone camped on the other side of the river?

Feel free to start a new OOC thread if you want control over the first post.
    Last edited by Persant Lamorak; 2019-10-18 at 12:04 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

The bridge is made out of stone. Though for a week prior to the Market Fair, scaffolding was erected along the southern side, and a chain and hoist erected to replace support timbers.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Dom can carry 27 1/2 more lbs until he is a medium encumbrance. If he needs to go over that, so be it. He has a backpack already on so he can easily carry all of the potions. Past that he will carry anything he is told to carry. I do think someone should use the masterwork battleaxe, though both Asdoukar and myself are using two handers.

EDIT:

Also, I just now noticed that there were campaign specific traits. Could i perhaps drop deft dodger for one of them. Probably the Ironfang Survivor one? I mean, after this he technically is one correct?
    Last edited by The BBEG; 2019-10-18 at 02:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup, yup, any character tweaks are fine, but I'd prefer characters finalized by the time we leave town. I realize Isafel is a GM NPC, but he could make use of the Composite Longbow.

As for encumbrance limits, you could redistribute non combat gear to the survivors. While bedrolls and such are important, the immediacy of the situation probably demands the combatants be unencumbered.

Remember you've got three survivors (one if them from Esme's caravan), feel free to name them. You've also got Aubrin and Jet. I want to advance the scene but I want to see what Esme's take on the situation is.