New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Alternatives to Rpol.net?

I am looking to make the shift from rpol.net to a different website in terms of hosting games.

Does anyone know good play by post websites?

I know this site has options but there's no way to keep a game private here...
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Alternatives to Rpol.net?

Myth Weavers is about as good as it gets. Online character sheets with in-game access, vibrant community.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, early vote for mythweavers! That's good to know because that site is one I have experience with already.

Are there any options that include aliasing? I'm not too bothered with it but I've come into the habit of it with rpol
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Roll20.net can be used for games with voice chat, text chat, or play-by-post.

For other PBP options, check out Rolegate and Tavern-Keeper.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

As a helpful way to determine what might prove best, how do each of these sites (or any others) handle multi-group games?

I suppose on myth-weavers or here it's a matter of making different games with an overarching header or the like, but that doesn't work as well for short one-shots and the like

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew