Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 508
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Messed up the damage roll on that last crit.

    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]

  2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie, Zarrachia & Adria
    The guards give Zarrachia a unified grimase. They don't buy that line for so much as a second. Kell raises a hand, trying to wave them back. "Don't worry, this... this is just how topsiders deal with stress, you know? Trying extra hard to act friendly?" The wardens do not look like they buy that excuse. Still, they have their orders. As long as the party co-opperate, they'll pose no trouble

    Belginabo, Raka & Sachni
    The speed and fury of a Student of Perfection is something to behold. Her punches shine, moving with fluid grace and strike with a force no back alley brawler could ever hope to match. The great brown bat is sent flying across the pit floor, landing in a bloodied heap by the wall. It's thoroughly out of this fight.

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie cooperates. she packs up her things and will follow the procession.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria wakes up in the morning, well rested, Peridora's words ringing in her mind. But when Ellie asks about Norgerber, Adria wracks her brain, to no avail. "...I'm sorry, I've heard the name, but I don't know anything about them."

    As for the summons... she's not about to anger her benefactors. At least she's no longer feeling sick.
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "Aaah!" Surprised by the sudden appearance of hungry, flying attackers, Belginabo tries to shield his face from the little bloodsuckers, and to fend them off with broad sweeps of his rapier.

    Spoiler
    Show
    No idea how to fight swarms in this edition. Let's try to learn something.

    Saves
    Refl#1 (1d20+9)[13]
    Refl#2 (1d20+9)[18]

    Action
    #1 Recall Knowledge about the swarm
    #2 Draw rapier
    #3 Strike swarm? If the Recall Knowledge indicates that nothing can be done with such a weapon, he'll make a move to get away towards the south instead. EDIT - move 3 squares southwards.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-11-02 at 07:02 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    It was a tradition among Raka's tribe to take a weapon from those you defeated. She had done so with her sword, and it served her well. But with new threats on the horizon, it was time to move on to the next weapon. And while axes may not be her specialty...

    Raka pulled out her new prize, smiled, and swung.

    Spoiler: Attack!
    Show
    Right, time to start a pattern that will likely be Raka's opening gambit of choice.

    Action 1: Rage
    Action 2: Strike (d20+9)[18] Damage: (d12+10)[21]
    Action 3: Strike (d20+4)[18] Damage: (d12+10)[19]

    The first one she hits on, she gets +2 damage

    Also: Reflex: (d20+5)[16]
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria, Zarrachia & Ellie
    It takes Adria a second to understand the name through Ellie's pronunciation but finally she gets it. Norgorber. He's not a deity openly worshipped much, even in Geb his faith is outlawed, but as someone familiar with a fair portion of divine myth she does know some basic facts about the god. He's one of the Ascended, mortals who became true gods through taking the holy Test of the Starstone in the city of Absalom. Unlike the beneficent Aroden, or the heroic Iomedae and Cayden Cailean, Norgorber's portfolio is dark indeed. He's a god associated with murderers, conspiracies, poisoners and similar blackhearted rogues. At least one Sarenrite myth tells of his ability to feign redemption being enough to fool the Dawnmother herself - Adria's aunt used the story to try and show the dangers of compassion being turned against you.


    The Guard fall in behind you, as Kell starts to escort you through the city. It seems the homunculi knew to expect you this time - it feels like every off duty construct in Hekephra has lined the route, trying to get a glimpse of the topsiders who have actually come past the gate and entered the secret city. The low background chatter is hard to make out, but it persists for the duration of the walk to a large, impressive looking tower.

    The group secorts you into an atrium that might make up the entirity of a small temple in the world above. The large door at the far end of the room is obviously the centrepiece, a counterpart to the exterior gate but this time wrought with silver detailing upon a solid black surface. Kell guides the four topsiders (the Cindersnouts were not invited) to a large circle in the centre of the room. The guards do not join you within, hanging back and glowering at you. Kell raises his wand, and three golden runes flash into life, one in front of each of the door's rings. A harsh metallic voice rings out, speaking in Ancient Osirian

    JUDGEMENT COMMENCING. STAND BY.

    The words make the circle flicker to life, glowing the same colour as the runes. Its light seems to wax and wane as the group start to feel the magic of the spot analysing them: as if they were being watched by unseen eyes. Kell sighs, shaking his head to the quartet apologetically. "Just one second. This part always takes forever. But hey, it's very important. We've got to be sure anyone going in here past this point is entirely safe. Anything else..." the homunculus shudders, glancing back at the door. He starts tapping long fingers against his wand, as the circle of light slowly intensifies and fades, measuring the group within it. It does seem to be taking quite a while.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just to check, do any of you have ill will against the nation of Nex or the archmage? If so Will Saves will be called for. (I figure no, but Ellie said a few things earlier so... checking)

    Sachni, Belginabo & Raka
    The tiny bats are numerous, but Raka's axe is mighty and the goblin's strength is a force to be reckoned with. A single great sweeping stroke passes like water through the oncoming swarm, leaving the animals split and rent asunder as they fall against her blade. In seconds, the air is clear of the tiny flying vermin.

    Raka glowers at the grey bat with the stripe. In any other circumstance, having seen Sachni and the goblin make such short work of its kin, it might have flown. Instead, only hunger seems to drive it now. It swoops at Raka, fangs first, before flailing with sharp, bony wings - pain its only objective.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Same deal as Sachni got at the top of the round, only targeting Raka

    (d20+10)[25] Attack - Damage (d10+4)[13]
    (d20+6)[13] Attack - Damage (d6+4)[9]
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-11-02 at 05:36 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    JUDGEMENT COMMENCING. STAND BY.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just to check, do any of you have ill will against the nation of Nex or the archmage? If so Will Saves will be called for. (I figure no, but Ellie said a few things earlier so... checking)
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Ellie's threats to burn the underground down was heat of the moment due to the dangers of traps, monsters, and bad luck. Now that she's calmed down she isn't thinknig that, though the vision is gonna give her nightmares for a couple nights...
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    One foe remained. Before Sachni could reach the creature, it sank teeth into Raka. The monk rushed to dispatch this bat, before it could do any more harm.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Action 1: Stride into melee with the bat.
    Action 2: Flurry.
    Action 3: Strike.

    Flurry 1: (1d20+8)[15]; Damage: (1d8+3)[6]; Bleed (crit only): (1d4)[4]
    Flurry 2: (1d20+4)[5]; Damage: (1d8+3)[5]; Bleed (crit only): (1d4)[2]
    Strike: (1d20)[11]; Damage: (1d8+3)[6]; Bleed (crit only): (1d4)[4]

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Belginabo is in awe of Raka's amazing sweep of her huge weapon and how she was able to disperse the hideous little bats in a single blow. But then, the big one swoops down, undaunted! Time for him to show what he's worth!

    "Get off her! You won't suck any more blood today!" Oblivious to his bleeding wounds, the young gnome runs around the huge flying thing and launches a series of pointed attacks, jumping up in the air to get a good reach.

    Spoiler
    Show
    #1 Move around to flanking position (according to the map I think it should be doable).
    #2 Sneak attack bat (1d20+8)[11] damage: rapier (1d6+1)[6] plus precision (1d6)[3]. In case of a critical hit, the rapier's damage is (1d8+1)[5] plus precision, doubled.
    #3 Sneak attack bat (1d20+3)[19] damage: rapier (1d6+1)[6] plus precision (1d6)[1]. In case of a critical hit, the rapier's damage is (1d8+1)[8] plus precision, doubled.

  11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Raka briefly allowed herself a smiles as her new axe split the swarm, but the second attack reminded her that the job wasn't over yet. She moved into position, and swung as hard as she could.

    Spoiler: Attack! Attack! Attack!
    Show
    Yeah, what the title says

    (d20+9)[29] Damage(d12+10)[18]

    (d20+4)[12] Damage(d12+10)[18]

    (d20-1)[1] Damage(d12+10)[17]


    Let me know if I made any mistakes here
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria, Zarrachia & Ellie
    Finally the circle of truth seems to have found in your favour. There's the sound of a chime, and the doors swing back into a pillar of translucent golden light - just enough to make whatever lies in the room beyond hard to make out. Kell nods to the guards, who file out of the atrium back into the city, one by one. "The Wardmeister's in her office. We just have to cut through the Eighteenth Hall of Seals to reach her. Take care, stay on the path and don't touch anything. This place is dangerous."

    With those words, the homunculus darts through the golden light, vanishing into the room beyond. Following him is easy enough, the golden light parts before you like a curtain, revealing a fairly impressive chamber that must take up most of the tower on this floor. Glancing around, you see... more circles. Row upon row of the things, spread out to fill the chamber entire. with homunculi buzzing around them. At a glance, it seems confusing - as if the truth telling ward from outside has been replicated time and again within, to the point of almost covering the entire floor. The haphazard sizing does not help - some are just five foot across, while other look closer to fifteen. But a second glance shows you that these wards are different. They're already glowing with a faint blue light, and the designs are more complex than the humble ring - some form stars within, others pentagrams, while there are stranger variants on the corners of the room.

    Within each ring is a column of smoke. It seems to taper off before reaching the ceiling, and none of you can smell any trace of the substance in the air. Some of the columns are writhing and churning intensely - these the homunculi are attending to, reexamining and redrawing the circle's runes. Most seem... dormant. A kettle steaming, forever just shy of the boil

    Kell is behind you now, having been waiting just above the door. He gestures to a small pillbox looking indentation on the other side of the room, with a large darkened window looking out across the room, beside spiral stairs leading down. "That's the Wardmeister's office. Just avoid the circles and you'll be fine" The implication seems to be that it's on the four visitors to lead the way now. Kell's task is somewhat easier said than done - the circles are sufficiently close together that navigating to the far side of the room will not be easy for beings far larger than the homunculi. Peridora gulps, breathing in and out slowly, trying to ready herself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    *whistles* Reflex saves to cross the room, my good PCs. And any other rolls you want to try.

    Sachni, Belginabo & Raka
    Belginabo and Raka down the final great bat before Sachni can get close enough to land a final hit, the creature sighing as it breathes its last. Once again, the chamber is silent. All of you have been bloodied by these events, the bats are worthy combatants, but you still have a task before you. How best to balance healing with pressing on?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Congrats! Take 110XP. Also once you're done managing HP we're switching to Exploration mode. How are you going to try and find.... whatever you guys are looking for. Cadenza? Adria, Peridora and Zarrachia (&Ellie and the others but you don't know that yet.)

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    After a few seconds of caution, Sachni's stance relaxed again. Another battle had ended. This time, she didn't rush to heal anyone. She just gestured towards the door.

    "We need to go. Now."

    Staying here would invite yet more attacks. Who knew how many troops the enemy commanded? Sachni could deal with her wounds after she found shelter. She rapidly descended the outer stairs. Unknown passageways stretched out ahead. Advancing further into this mine wasn't exactly appealing. But she had a job to do. Picking a direction more or less at random, Sachni walked onwards. Hopefully she'd find a safe haven before anything else found her.

  14. - Top - End - #344
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie Sprocket

    Don't touch anything? How does anyone work in bureaucracy without touching anything? After all, back on the surface bureaucracy has it's hands on everything. This is a bizarre place indeed. Well if she can't touch, Ellie can at least tap surfaces on the floor with her boot to test for solidity and composition. Hearing is just as important as sight.

    At the circles, Ellie seems curious. "Okay, this place just seems... like, odd." She tries to get around the circles, but is too darn curious to just drive through the course. She has to pause and look.

    Reflex (1d20+9)[21]
    Arcana (1d20+8)[26] to see if she can figure out what the circles are for.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  15. - Top - End - #345
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria looks to Peridora. "I'm sure you understand, as a mage yourself, that when you're told not to touch magical objects, you don't, so I trust you to be safe." Meanwhile, she worries for her own steps, trying to carefully traverse with nothing but her own grace.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Reflex- (1d20+6)[12]
    Last edited by Syless; 2019-11-03 at 08:28 PM.
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie, Zarrachia & Adria
    Ellie might not be a wizard but she knows what these elements combined signify. These are summoning circles. Dozens of occupied summoning circles, with additional runes of binding designed to restrain powerful elementals for an extended period of time, ready for orders to be given to them by a trained mage.

    The homunculi probably didn't draw these. Glancing at the creatures working, it looks more like they maintain them - redrawing diagrams as they fade away, matching the original as best they can. One false move could set a powerful magical creature free. And while elementals might walk the streets of Quantium as Nex's allies.... any that have been imprisoned this long without a form are likely to be extremely angry and smash whatever they come across.

    A wrong move here wouldn't just kill the four of them. It could set off a chain reaction of unleashed elemental rage that could wipe out Hekephra. Maybe even Oenopion too: this tower has multiple levels, if there are more elementals on the lower floors, there could be an army kept in stasis here. Any town without a golem army would be doomed beyond belief. Even Borume's strongest creations might have trouble, depending on what exactly has been stored here.

    Adria, ignorant of all of that for the moment, has some difficulty crossing the room - trying to balance unsupported while watching the placement of her feet so closely is a difficult challenge. But just before she stumbles, a little hand takes her own, pulling her back just in time. Peridora gives her a wordless smile, quietly beaming that she was able to help the priestess. Kell wipes a bead of sweat from his brow, and soon enough the entire group are on the other side of the room.

    The Wardmeister's office is bigger than it looks. Far bigger. For the first time in this strange city, you've found a room that was designed to be occupied by homunculi - it's highly vertical, looking like it runs most of the height of the tower, with minimal light provided. The only concession to other beings in place is a rickety iron grate spiral stairwell, that has just enough light to see by, leading you down to a large wire mesh platform worked into the wall, creating space to work from while leaving more than enough room for homunculi to fly to various levels of the tower. It's rough, lacking the grace and beauty of the exterior, but a carpet and a desk has been added to the little square 'room', alongside a banner of some sort on the back wall and a large stone basin right in the centre.

    "So. Here you are."

    The Wardmeister is perched on the edge of the basin when you walk in, seemingly looking down at the water. She wears dark robes, and a mantle with silver trim that is the only real hint of her authority here. She turns around as you approach, her face the oldest amongst the homunculi you've seen yet. Wrinkled cheeks and sunken eyes, but with a touch of a sparkle to them yet. She bows. "Greetings. I'm Wardmeister Lysia. Hope you've all been having a good time so far in Hekephra?" She glances around the group with a chuckle and a thin smile. "From what Yara tells me, this was as much a shock to you as it was to us, right?"

  17. - Top - End - #347
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie Sprocket

    "It's been a remarkable time so far," Ellie replies. "I was nearly killed by several lethally efficient traps and then again by demonic dodgeball. I must admit the imprisoned elementals outside your office was unexpected. But I guess it isn't my place to say how business should be conducted here. Still quite a fascinating operation to have them at all this long."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-11-04 at 09:22 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie, Adria & Zarrachia
    Lysia studies Ellie closely, not quite able to make out if the green haired girl is being sincere or wry. After a few seconds though, she cracks a wider grin, snickering. "It makes coming to work every morning a challenge, I'll say that."

    With a sigh, she alights from her perch, flapping over to the chair behind her desk. She leans back, looking up at you all. "They weren't our decision. This place was built to provide sanctuary if Geb's invasion threatened us. A part of that was the force to strike back against the undead. If the rotting bags of bone and meat think they can wipe out my people, they'll have another thing coming. We'll remind them just how they ended up with so many dead bodies to reanimate in the first place."

  19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarra clutches Goopy to her chest, making sure the little slime doesn't decide to go exploring. She looks around at all the circles and tries to wrap her head around the sheer magic power at work here. And fail.

    "This would do the job nicely, I'm thinking. There wouldn't be much of a Gebbite army after this."

    Or much of Oenopion either. Mental note: buy land in Mwangi soon.

  20. - Top - End - #350
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Syless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    The powers of the arcane are outside Adria's purview, but she's still impressed by all of this. "But... I think we've been avoiding saying anything about it. But the war isn't still going. There's an... uneasy truce. Due to the blasted Mana Wastes that the war created, a no man's land between Nex and Geb..." She trails off for a minute, memories of her passage returning. "...but Geb is still similar to how it's always been, even if they've been accepting their borders. It's still an awful place for anyone who isn't either a necromancer or themselves undead."
    Avatar by SeraphicMayin

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "Unfortunately, a truce is only an informal agreement not to attack each other. Unless an enforceable treaty is in place, conflict could easily start up again," Ellie says. She looks very uncomfortable with what she says next. "And... maybe that is Geb's plan, or at least someone who wishes to destroy Nex, with the first step to bring down this hidden city."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Adria, Zarrachia & Ellie
    "Emerald top here's smart." Lysia ruffles Ellie's hair appreciatively, before moving over to Adria. "If there were peace, the old wisp of a king in Geb would do us all a favour and pass on. He can't. He knows the Archmage is still out there, and it eats him up. Sooner or later he'll strike back at us, treaty or not, if only to try and lure Nex out of hiding. If it takes ten thousand years, we'll be ready for it"

    "Which is why we've got to keep Hekephra secret. Which brings us to the question of you four, and your goblin friends." She flies upward, meeting the group at something roughly akin to eye level. She mimes weighing the options in two clawed hands. "You probably want out of here. But I don't want the location of my city getting leaked so Geb can target it. You can't get out of Hekephra without my say so, and there's no way I can guarantee you don't talk once you're topside. So I'm thinking... you all live down here now. New life in the underground, with all your needs provided for. What do you say?"

    Sachni, Raka, Belginabo
    A swift exit carries the trio away from the fallen bats, and a good thing too, as further howls and caws echo in the distance. More animals seem to be converging on that point. Taking the lead, Sachni brings the group down one of the larger tunnels, through a series of twists and turns finally emerging in a hollowed out cavern. The minecart tracks split here, one high road, bridged with wooden beams, the other low. A small signal box controls which way the track will lead, and one mine cart lies by it, theoretically ready to plumb the depths of this place, save for the lack of a mule to pull it. There's also a small office for the signalman that's mostly been cleaned out, but the medical supplies are in good condition.

    There's no sound behind you. Whatever was drawing the creatures to the bottom of the pit isn't able to keep up. You'll be safe here for a while.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sachni gains the benefit of Enhanced Healer's Tools for any Medicine checks made here for Administer First Aid, Treat Disease, Treat Poison, or Treat Wounds. So +1

  23. - Top - End - #353
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie Sprocket

    "I'm sorry, what?" Ellie squeaks out. "I--no, no, no! I can't just stay here. I have family and friends up there. We all do. If you keep us down here, someone is going to eventually come searching for us."

    "And not for nothing, but like, I'm the least competent alchemist in the guild college. If I stumbled here, then The Grand Alchemist is sure to find this place. Oh, by the divines, I don't think I paid my dues yet this month."

    Ellie starts to panic and hyperventilate. She sits down and fans herself to calm down. "Nex could burn down soon! I have to get back to the surface and find those people before it's too late. I have to warn Bor.." at this point Ellie is mumbling to herself in a great.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-11-04 at 01:23 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarrachia shakes her head. Without conscious thought, she goes into her "reporting to superiors" pose: face front, arms back (Goopy is slightly perturbed by this), eyes focused on a point three inches above Lysia's right shoulder.

    "As nice as that sounds, I don't believe it would work. The accident that brought us to the tunnels was very public. I descended immediately after the accident, and people were already organizing. There's very likely a search party down here somewhere right now. There will probably be more once people find the tunnels, the ancient ghouls and glowing waters down here."

    "I agree that your refuge needs to remain secret. I shudder to think of what could happen if people learn about the resources that are down here. But I think our best bet is for us to develop a simple cover story and return to the city above. If we can end all the curiosity and panic with a bland story of empty tunnels, then your chances of remaining secret are much better.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Leave it to Zarra to come up with a plan that centers on lying.

  25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Sachni kept moving, until all sign of pursuit faded. Only then did she allow herself to stop. Her formerly upright posture slumped a bit. Events had taken their toll on the young monk. Both body and mind were strained. Nonetheless, there was still work to do. A search of the area yielded some medical supplies. Good news for herself and Raka.

    "We might be safe here, for a while. Let's tend to our latest wounds."

    As she worked, she tried to process everything that had happened. This was supposed to be a simple rescue mission: Not a fight for her life. Could she really handle this?

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Treat Wounds (Raka): (1d20+5)[16]
    Treat Wounds (Sachni): (1d20+5)[11]

  26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Belginabo is out of breath after running away from the location of the bat's bodies, lest the smell of blood attract some of the even less savory denizens of the depths. The bleeding stopped, and the wounds are superficial, but the shocks of the day have taken their toll on his seemingly inexhaustible energy. "Pheew. A place to rest at last." He sits down, opens his backpack and extracts a little package of rations. "Anyone want a bite? Can't say it tastes great, but better than an empty stomach." He offers some to his companions.

  27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "Thank you."

    Sachni sat next to Belginabo. She munched absently on the offered food. This simple act helped to centre her. Balance was an essential part of Sachni's strength. Both her katas and spells depended on it. Despite these trying times, she had to maintain equilibrium.

    The monk glanced over at her companions. She wondered whether their spirits had fared better.

    "How are you both holding up? If there's anything you want to share, feel free. We're a team now. Comrades should be in harmony with one another."

  28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Zarrachia, Ellie & Adria
    "You're forgetting the false exterior wall before you even reach the gate. It's solid, warded and has done its job well for four thousand years. If what Yara tells me is true, your group only were able to enter Hekephra by... accident. Courtesy of that wand."

    Lysia snorts, trying to resist a laugh at that. She flaps her way across to the basin, glancing down into its depths before perching on it to take in the four of you. "That's one way I can see to resolve this situation, and one that doesn't require me to trust you blindly. If you can get the goblin to relinquish the stick to me, you'll have no way to prove Hekephra ever existed. We'll remain safe from outside observation for another few thousand years, and the lot of you will be able to leave, with my blessing. Isn't that a fair offer?"

    "Otherwise... I'd require some show of good faith on your part. You've shown you don't wish active harm on Nex or Hekephra, that's a good start. But I'd need more than that if I'm to let you leave my city with a key to my front gate. Even leaving aside the risk from Gebbites, if your Council of Three and Nine sends a bumbler down here to take command of the elementals, think of what would happen. To my city and yours."

    Lysia shudders at the idea of that. "If you want to leave here with the wand, you're going to have to prove to me that you're trustworthy enough you won't even tell the nation's leaders what you found. And I've a task in mind that will serve just fine for such a test. Or you hand over the wand and get to leave the easy way. The choice is yours."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, you can agree to give her the wand and do the task anyway for a payday.

  29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Upstate NY

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    "You've made me curious. I assure you that I am a sincere and trustworthy person -"

    *bat eyelashes*
    *smile sweetly*
    *butter wouldn't melt in my mouth*

    "But what sort of test would prove my sincerity?"

  30. - Top - End - #360
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

    Ellie Sprocket

    Ellie sits up and thinks about the offers. "Well, I have been thinking about that wand and it's now known properties. The reason my goblin friend Koma wanted it is because he made a deal with a pair of mysterious people--Koma brings them the wand and they provide food for his starving village. I'd rather leave the wand here with you, but I made a promise to Koma that he could keep the wand before I even knew that the Wand even WAS a key to getting into your city. If there was a way for Koma to feed his village without trading the wand to those strangers, I might be able to convince him to relinquish it to you."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •